Womens Running

Wednesday Supermoms (Read 414 times)

runninmer

I don't think that calling the teachers to update him is ridiculous, depending on your kid.  My DD would freak out about changing plans if she was looking forward to something. I  would rather her get her crap out earlier in the day so she has accepted the change later! 

Also, since I am new, I don't know the story your son's surgery.  I hope it goes OK! 

As a teacher, I do think that calling would be silly.  Especially if it will upset him.  Do you want him to be upset for the rest of the day at school and make the teachers deal with it or just deal with it on your own?  My opinion is pretty skewed though.....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

Twinmom – I see…I wish I could get to school super early.  I am much more productive early rather than later.  I try to get out of school as soon as it is over.

Shelby – Good luck with the move it is coming up so quickly.

Lane – Welcome!  Sounds like a good sign on the job front.  I hope you are able to find something that you like better.  Great job on getting up early for yoga!

Spike – Sounds like a fun family 4 miler!!  I hope you can get your run in with RP tonight and that R’s godmother comes over.  No, I don’t have to pack food…just breakfast and then he eats dinner when he gets home.  They provide morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack.  Although he doesn’t like a lot of it so I end up sending extra things he can eat.  I am in need of dinner ideas as he I usually super tired and doesn’t want to eat when he gets home.  He usually refuses to sit in the high chair and screams.  We let him have food on his little table and that helps but getting him to eat is tough.

Eh! – I am trying to be a bit lax with the eating for the holidays but yesterday I was completely out of control.  On to a new day.  Yes, it is dinner that I struggle with for J.  He gets lunch, and 2 snacks at daycare so I don’t have to worry too much about those.  Just breakfast and dinner.  Boo to being back to work.  Hopefully you can find a way to get back into the running routine.

Rocky – Congrats on the boy!  That is so exciting. Although now you can’t reuse too many clothes…lol.  Boys are fun!!  Ugh on MIL coming for an extended visit.  I hope you and DH negotiate something that you both can tolerate.  Sorry Em was crank this morning. 

Lee – Glad J slept better last night.  You have come a long way with her sleeping!!  Yay for a good run.  Have fun baking.

Uphill – I hope DS is good and enjoys the party.  I so hope the surgery goes on as scheduled…healthy thoughts to DS!!  And you too…I hope you aren’t getting an ear infection…do you get them a lot?

Lane – I LOVE boxed wine.  I have Vella Chardonnay in my fridge…LOVE IT!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I give R really simple food like spaghetti, crackers, seasoned ground turkey or little pieces of cooked meat with some BBQ sauce, fruit or a veggie or salad. R likes salad with ranch, weird huh? R is like his dad and doesn't like to eat the same thing more than a day or two in a row so he gets kind of random stuff. R really likes sunbutter and jelly sandwiches or waffles with butter and jam/honey.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runswithrocky

Lane - I'm personally not a boxed wine fan, but in your situation (lots of people, multiple nights of drinking) it could be a good option.  How do you feel about BYOB?  Or telling people, hey I'm going to supply X boxed of wine - if you want something else, bring it?  We do this all the time and our friends love having something easy and quick to bring and share.  Especially the guys who want all the limited edition holiday beers.  Oh and the reason I don't like boxed wine is that they generally use sulfates to stop the fermentation process and those give me a headache - I'm not trying to be snooty about wine or anything.  Oh and hard alcohol doesn't need to be refrigerated, so people could bring that too for mixed drinks.  Or in my house, tequila shots!  (When I'm not pregnant).

down.the.lane

As a teacher, I do think that calling would be silly.  Especially if it will upset him.  Do you want him to be upset for the rest of the day at school and make the teachers deal with it or just deal with it on your own?  My opinion is pretty skewed though.....

Oy! Didn't think of that angle. I blame typing while listening to a conference call! (Also my kid would say "ok, cool" to her teacher but cry and scream at me for 30 minutes.)

lane

Marathonjen

I agree with Mer regarding calling school!  As a teacher, I wish more parents would leave their personal family business at home.  There are enough factors that make school difficult for kids...don't add in another factor to make them upset when there when it isn't necessary.

Spike - I bought sunbutter because of you.  I LOVE it (not a PB fan) but J wasn't too keen on it.  He does love to eat pieces of DH's PB and J sandwiches.  I never would think to give him salad.  Can he eat it ok?  J would eat the same things everyday...he is like me...lol.  But that consists of squeeze fruit and goldfish crackers and that is just not enough nourishment for him.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I just shred up the lettuce and mix it with dressing and he munches it right down. I like Sunbutter, but its been so long since I've eaten PB I don't know the difference. DH thinks its nasty. R likes it though.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

Rg: nice job on your run! Wow to your DS and his appetite – you must be wearing him out!

Zorbs – I will grill tilapia seasoned in chili powder and then add usual stuff – corn, black beans, brown rice, some cheese, lettuce on a wrap. Hope you have a nice lunch date with your mani hands. Oh – meant to say, DH buys me a sobriety chip every year and we have a special time where I make a wish on the chip. Maybe you could encourage your friend to wish on his chip (presuming he got one).

Shelby – feel your pain with the packing. Good luck loading the truck. You sound like you had a good plan though.

Cm – yes, still with visa people. It’s supposed to take 8mo. We are on 10wks. We have a lot more of this to go I think. Hope LO staying in there a little bit longer. Well done on listening to your body. You sound so intune with yourself and your LO.

Jen – ha ha on slower. Do you run faster when you are lighter? Wow on him saying lots. My DS says hardly anything. He has only ever said dada, hello and apple. And that was it.

Cx2 – hope you can navigate round playdate and nap time. Nap time is non-negotiable for all of us. We need the down time! Unless we are travelling and its unavoidable.

Simon – which fm plan are you following?

Mer – did you get all your errands done? I would be the principal who would want to punch annoying idiots too.

Mrszm – the ginnifer Goodwin haircut is simply gorgeous (I looked it up yesterday after you posted) – elegant and stunning yet so simple and practical. Excellent choice.

Jm – so cute on LO and kissmas. Still sore eh?! You did race hard! Massage?

CA – your DD makes me laugh. And cute that you got time to do some ornaments.

Twinmom – any more ideas on how I can get a flat tummy. Like with abs showing. I am getting there, but need something more I think. Impressive plank venue! And you are such a sweetheart for the gift. That will be the only gift I get apart from Dh’s! So it’s very meaningful to me. Thanks twinmom. And I know I will use it every single day. Great choice!

Lane – qod – I have been sober for 3.5 years so I am no use on that question. Apply for the job anyway. Then you can make the decision once you talk terms.

Spike – I do my intervals on measured trail with an ordinary stop watch.

Eh – nice on the plank streak. Can I persuade you just to put your running shoes and do 7 minutes?

Rocky – I am very excited you are carrying a little boy!

Lee – GREAT job on your workout last night!

Uphill – what did your gyn say about AF? And the ultrasound result?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

RunningUphill

Mer, Jen, Lane: The change of plans wouldn't upset him.  He was upset about the original plan with the sitter so I thought he would cheer up if he knew he wasn't going to the sitters afterall.  And it's preschool and all of the parents work on campus and are in and out of the room all day so there really is no leaving personal business out of the classroom.  We are all very involved in eachothers personal business, parents and teachers alike. But I figured I would just wait and visit him this afternoon and let him know the new plan.

Lane: Interesting question about the boxed wine. . .I saw cool looking boxed wine at target and I am a sucker for packaging so I would be willing to try something like that.  I have also had some boxed wine for backpacking trips that was not bad.  I would shy away from franzia, personally, but would not be opposed to trying some others : )  Ultimately it probably depends how big of wine snobs your guests are : ) 

twinmom_112002

just lurking but Jess: I once had a trainer (in a boot camp) tell  me that no amount of ab work would get me a six pack if I didn't first get rid of the fat that was hiding it. Diet and exercise are the key. Unfortunately, I think diet is more important than exercise although I would love to be able to eat anything I wanted in any amount and be thin.......

Leeleeche

RG - wow, an entire grilled cheese is awesome! J still won't eat that much. She is a good eater though, I can't complain.

Bermy - I would be injured if I did speed work twice a week. I am afraid to do it at all as a matter of fact. I love 400s but I always push too hard and then get hurt. Arrgg!!

zorbs - I despise manicures. I only cut my nails and very rarely pay someone to do it. I love pedis though. Not the massage but having the nice looking toes. I just don't like people touching me.

shelby - I really hope your moves goes smoothly!

mer - DS is almost 7 and still loves the pee pee talk. J is obsessed with her genetals. I wonder if I was ever like that?

CAR - LOL on DH's story. J is sort of obsessed with DS's junk. They take showers together and I closely monitor it now. I might have to separate them soon but I am holding out as long as I can. 

Leeleeche

spike - for your sake I would not make the peanut blossoms but I would miss them dearly. 

uphill - -i'm sorry but I am sort of mad at your body right now. Migraines, ear infections and ttc issues? Your body has put your head and heart through enough already!!! 

twin - you got to do what you got to do! Good for you for getting the plank in. I hope you will still do the HM! I am only on 8 miles now, I'm sure you will have time to train!

I am not in love with RA at all. I think I might post on fb from now on. I need to put my mileage up somewhere, especially since I run in the evening but I hate having the posts all spread out over here. Can't they fit more than 5 posts per page??? It's free, I guess I shouldn't complain.

superspike113

Honorary Old

twinmom/bermy- have you liked Lott's (she used to post on RWOL) FB page Eat.Sweat.Think? That woman has crazy abs. She did crossfit through her pregnancy and had a full on 6 pack when her second(!) kid was less than 6 mos old. She doesn't eat anything starchy. Abs aren't important enough to me to give up starch LOL.

RunningUphill

Leelee: I'm mad at my body right now too.  When did you start letting J shower?  I am looking forward to that time. Our bathtub is small and gross and and I am kind of tired of hanging out in there.

BermyHorse

twinmom - from your pics you have an amazing tummy. I want that. What do you do?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31