Womens Running

Go Get 'em WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

GOOD LUCK RACERS!!! WOOHOO!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me!

This ends me at a weekly mileage PR!! 65+ miles! WOOHOO!!! Run was good, dewpoint still around 70. Felt some niggles at the start but they went away. Defiantly looking forward to a rest day tomorrow.

No core class today..I have to head up North in about 45 minutes to get to my hair apt! I better get moving!

Margaret - Ew, work on Monday? I have to go in for a bit tomorrow, so don’t feel too bad. Hang in there! AWESOME on the discount code! I am hoping to get to that this weekend! WOOHOO!! Thanks again for arranging that Smile

Run4kupcakes - Wow, a nice long weekend! Enjoy!

Karen - Good luck tomorrow! Have a safe flight.

Tessa - LOL!!!! Thats what she said!! HAHA. That was great Wink Wow, you were busy yesterday. Hope you are able to get a few runs in and some rest this weekend!

Happy Weekend!

Will be a wet weekend here!! Slept in and walked the pups before the bottom falls out.

DH is on his "guys weekend" so I am enjoying some quiet sew time.  Last night I figured out how to watch knitting pod casts on the big screen tv. Smile  I know I'm a nerd.

Going to spin class at 0915.  It is just toooooooo windy and wet to ride today. Glad I am not racing. Diane--today is the Yak-A-Du race (2 mile kayak on the river + 5k) and conditions are terrible!! They will probably cancel.

Good luck racers!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Lizzie and Sue, and all those who come later.

Sitting at my "other gig" waiting for something to show.  Hopefully something easy.  First appointment cancelled.  Early day, starts at 7:30, but ends at noon, so I can deal with it.  And I get paid the same at a 10-6 shift...  nice people, but full service makes me nervous at first.  Ask lots of stupid questions...  they must think I'm an idiot at times.  Oh well.

Nothing with the remainder of my day, not unhappy with that.  Make some nachos later.  Tomorrow a red wine pot roast.

Back later for personals.

Good luck to our racers,

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy weekend!  I am on call this weekend, but the weather is supposed to be stormy so I guess that is OK.  I'll get some reading and house cleaning done.    5 miles this morning with 3 at steady state.  It was around a 9 minute mile.  It was 70 and about 70 dewpoint, 20 degrees warmer than when I ran on Thursday morning!  It looked like it would rain and it was a bit breezy.  I wore shorts and a very light tank top and I was super sweaty.  I passed 2 women running together, they were both wearing capri pants and rain jackets!  I got hot just looking at them.    They must have compared notes on what to wear.

My mini vacation was nice, met my brother's family in the Dells at a waterpark hotel.  We spent a lot of time in the indoor waterpark and the weather was actually warm enough to go outside yesterday!  We also did some bowling, which I haven't done in a long time.

Good luck to the racers, I am enjoying watching/reading the updates from Damaris.    One of my FB friends is doing his first 100 miler and his wife is updating a lot, so that is fun to follow.

Liz, congrats on the new mileage PR!  And great long run!  That is a really long long run.    You are super awesome!  3 hour nap?  And binge watching ER?  Sounds like a nice day off!  Haha, the forums were a bit kinky yesterday.    I keep my eye on homes that are on sale in the area.  If the "perfect" one pops up, who knows?    It looks like homes our size are going pretty quickly in this area so selling ours shouldn't be an issue.  We are also right on a parkway, with the trail/river across from us so it's pretty ideal location-wise.

Sue, enjoy your quiet weekend!

Kat, hope your workday goes quickly!

Sandy, wow, congrats to you for getting your long run done during the week!  My hands were cold on Thursday morning!  It was almost 49 when I started running and a bit breezy.  I only brought a tank top (and shorts of course)!  But I had a fartlek, so I warmed up quickly.  

Margaret, thanks for posting the code for Glass City!  I would like to sign up but not sure what I will be running.... I am thinking the half just to be safe.  Anyway, who wants to train for a spring marathon in Wisconsin?  

Karen, 30 minute tempo for your baby runners?  Holy cow.  I don't know if I've ever done a 30 minute tempo.  I may have attempted one.  

Cathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's cooler, but not less humid. 9 miles this morning with 4 x 12 minutes at HM effort. Kind of rough. I was absolutely soaked at the end. I was leaving wet foot prints all over the house, DH told me to take off my socks, I had them on so I didn't slip. We have a party to go to tonight, then heading to my parent's house tomorrow.

Lizzie, nice mileage PR.

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!!

Pretty good day, here.  New running friend and I ran 8 this morning, I picked a hilly route so there was some walking involved but overall a good run.  My left hip is a little wonky right now but I think it will feel better tomorrow.

So, since it was kind of a icky weather day, we went to Home Depot to price out some new flooring and....well now we have new flooring and a new dishwasher LOL.  We are installing it ourselves so I need to get BF on the project train.  He is very handy but not very focused sometimes LOL.

Hoping to go to BF's dad's tomorrow, though it's supposed to storm on and off most of the day.  So, we'll see.

Lizzie - wow, that is some awesome mileage, Girl!!

Sue - hope you had a good spin class!

Kat - ohh, that pot roast recipe sounds so good!!

Cathy - glad you enjoyed your vacation!!

Half K - same weather here.  Nice 9 miles!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Quiet day on here, must be the holiday weekend.

Lizzie, what an impressive week.  You should be very proud of yourself, cause we are of you!!!  How's the hair?  Enjoying the weekend? What's this about working tomorrow?

Sue, hope you stayed dry and your DH is enjoying his boys weekend.

Cathy, 9min mile, pretty good!  Since I almost double that walking...  Wink  Glad your mini vaca was nice.

HCK, woot woot, enjoy the party!

Laura, nice run.  Impressed you are going to do the flooring yourself.  I need to replace my carpets, but with these dogs, I wouldn't think of it until I was ready to sell, whenever that may be.

Damaris, sorry for the DNF, made me sad to see, but probably for the best with your breathing.

Survived work, phew.  It wasn't too bad of a day.  There were 2 other doctors there, so easy to bounce stuff off of and I didn't feel too stupid!  Lots of annoying calls for last minute appointments.  Like the dog who is emaciated and has a huge mass on its leg that MUST be seen TODAY.  Uh, no.  We saved the walk in space for those that actually need it.  Appalled at one - we all were.  She called and DEMANDED that she WILL be seen today, no ifs ands or buts.  REALLY?  You demand that of us - guess what, you aint gonna be seen.  And she wasn't.  We all were like, be nice and we will try our best to fit you in, but to dictate what we do, nope.

Rant over.

Have to say, it was really nice to be done so early.  Strange though, and this is sadly pathetic...  But I normally have a glass of wine after work, cause I usually get home around 7:30.  It felt like I should have one today, but it was only 12:30!!  Good sense prevailed and I waited until about 4 or 5...

Just finished my nachos, made WAY WAY WAY too much of them.  I will be eating them for days, yet I have a roast to cook.

Wanting a second camera body for my upcoming trips, so I am attempting to sell some Inknburn and Sparkle Skirts to help finance it.  I have sold a few pieces and am pleased.  Most won't sell, but it is worth a shot.

Work tomorrow, off on Monday, work Tues/Wed, then off to WOODSTOCK on Friday.  YAY!!!

There, I have rambled enough for all of you.  HAH!  Take good care.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Kat - ugh, I hate demanding people that think the world revolves around them, so irritating!!  Yes, the main push to replace the floor is our newest puppy, the carpet is just not repairable at this point.  I am embarrassed to have anyone over because it is just gross.  At least with laminate, we can wipe up the messes.  We are  planning on selling in a few years, too.  Whoo hoo on Woodstock next weekend!!

Anonymous Guest

Getting to Tupelo is not easy. I ran an enjoyable easy 4 miles this morning with a pretty good sized group considering we were "unofficial" due to the holiday weekend. Got home, showered and headed out for the airport. No traffic, shuttle bus pulling up to my car as I'm parking to take me direct to the terminal. Slight delay as I had to get my boarding pass at the airport because apparently if you're flying United Basic Economy and not checking a bag, you have to check in in person so they can confirm that you only have a bag that will fit under the seat. But that was pretty easy, then no line at security, grabbed a sandwich and ate since I had plenty of time (since everything went so smoothly). Boarded almost last (group 5 - again, basic economy), there was a lady sitting in my seat because her 90-year-old husband was in the other seat. Asked if I'd switch and I said of course no problem. She was the nicest lady, and I heard her tell her husband I was just delightful. We got to the Memphis airport 15 minutes early. And then everything went to shit.

I swear there were only two planes parked in the entire terminal, but they apparently didn't have enough ground crew so we had to wait 45 minutes for those two planes to leave before we could park at the gate. The old man stood up and $5 fell out of his pocket onto the floor and so I gave it to the lady. She tried to get me to keep it for being honest but finally took it. Now about an hour behind schedule and I walk and walk and walk to the rental car area. They are completely out of cars. I try to find another rental but apparently the Budget car shortage had been going on for awhile and now no one has any cars available. A couple that had been waiting for three hours asked if I was running Tupelo (I wasn't wearing any running or race gear, not even running shoes, but I guess we recognize our own). I said yes, and they said they were next in line for a car so if I wanted to give them my info they'd get my packet for me since packet pickup ended at 5 and we were an hour and a half away. Then she looked and saw they added race morning pickup from 4-4:45, so we decided it would be easier for me to just get my packet then. Budget guy to running couple: Will you take a 15-person van? Couple: yes. Then asked if I wanted a ride. I was tempted, but would have no way to get back to the airport tomorrow (they are staying until Monday). I walked back to baggage claim and bought a Powerade and water, then back to the rental car desk to wait. Two hours later, I get a car. At 4:55, so nope, not gonna make packet pickup. Three cars come in pretty close together so both workers are dealing with getting them turned over and all of us into cars and no one is working the gate to let me out of the lot. About ten minutes later, I get out of the airport and on the road.

I checked into my hotel and now I'm tired and don't want to go anywhere. I get to my room and see there's a restaurant so I go back downstairs. It's closed for a private event. So I come back upstairs and decide I'll just order room service. The phone rings and rings and no answer. I go back downstairs to the front desk and notice they have a snack area with frozen stuff, so I get a frozen pizza, come back to my room and microwave that for dinner. Sheesh.

And now i just want to go to bed since I'm going to have to get up at 3:something to get my packet. The good news is I can see the start line from my hotel window. I think I'm going to get up, go get my packet, then come back here and drink some coffee, take it easy, and then go back for the start at 5.

Well apparently I really needed to get that off my chest! Hopefully the return trip will go smoothly. Back tomorrow for personals and hopefully a report on a successful race.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Ugh Karen. Good luck tomorrow!

Hi, ladies!

I DNFd at mile 18. I should have quit earlier but hubby couldn’t pick me up until he finished so I kept going.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ok Ladies, I just signed up for Glass City!!!! With the discount code (thanks again Margaret), the total came out to $63 and some change. I personalized my bib to say “B TO P” hehe. Smile

Hair apt went awesome! Except for the price…it was only more expensive this time because I needed more heat spray. Sometimes I question why I drive an hour to get it done, but the finish product is EXACTLY why. It looks awesome! She is worth the drive - she has been doing my hair for 10+ years so she knows my vision by now Smile Added some chunky brown in there. My roots won’t look so bad now, haha.

Last night we went to dinner with HCF’s parents. It was good but I ate way too much!

Have to go into work for a little while today. I have to do building inspections. My co-worker already did most of the work, but there are a few floors he asked me to do. I don’t mind going in since no one will be around. They are easier to do when no one is in the building. I will probably head over there after lunch.

Oh yeah, REST DAY for me! Kinda have a “cut week” this next week. I will still be in the 50’s…but it will be nice not to get up around 3am everyday. Smile

Susan - A rainy weekend sounds like a perfect time to sew Smile

Kathryn - I am sure your questions aren’t stupid! At least you are asking them..nachos sounds so good! And so does pot roast. Makes me think of Fall.

Cathy - Nice run yesterday! That is super speedy especially in that kind of weather! You have always been super speedy though Smile I can’t imagine wearing a JACKET! I see this guy running in my neighborhood on Saturdays - and every time he is wearing pants and a long sleeve. I am thinking he must be training for something. Not sure who in their right mind would wear that in 72+ dew points. Aw, glad you had a good time on vacation! You get an extra long vacation with Labor Day coming! HCF and I keep a look on homes in the area, too. Never know if the right one pops up Smile We are looking more West. We want somewhere with land but still in a neighborhood. Those are hard to find! We aren’t thinking of moving for 3-4 years, but never know! Could you sign up for the half and then upgrade later?

Run4kupcakes - Wow, nice run yesterday! Hope you have a good time at your parents today. Are they local?

Laura - Nice and run and congrats on the flooring and dishwasher!!! Thats exciting! You might have just motivated me to go over there and look, haha. We would hire them to install though. So, they need to come measure for us. Nice that you have a handy BF! Smile Hope you are able to go see BF’s dad today!

Kathryn - UGGGHHH I would have done the same to that lady! People are so rude!! When people demand something from me (Mammal) you are going to be last on my list. LOL. Whats wrong with having a glass of wine at noon? I do sometimes! Nachos sound good. Let us know how the pot roast works out. Aw, thanks for the sweet comments on my mileage week! Just feels like another week Smile Hair looks awesome! Smile

Karen - OMG what a travel nightmare!!! Glad you got there though - it could have been worse. I hope you are putting all that frustration into the race today! Have a great time and good luck!

Docket - I lovedddd following you on the videos and the pictures you were posting! I am so sorry that the asthma and elevation was not agreeing. You really kicked ass for those 18 miles. I hope you are resting today Smile

Have a great day! Good luck Karen and Diane!!

Seloc

Ahhhhh weekend.  How I love thee!  Especially long weekends.  Hidey ho, kids.  Real quick pop in for me.  Wanted to say I registered for Glass City - WOOT!  Thank you so much, Margaret, for getting the discount code.  That is a cheap race!!  Super pumped.

Nothing yesterday.  Had to be in St. Paul by 6:40 and didn't feel like getting up super early.  Worked a water stop for the marathon training group.  They had 20 on tap.  It was STEAMY!  We went through 2 big containers.  Super fun to hang out with former RB just having coffee and chatting with the runners as they came by.  Then just chilled, read and napped the rest of the day.  7mi this morning.  Still steamy.  These 70* dewpoints can KICK it!  Over cast and not hot so could be worse.  Now I'm heading back to the fair!  BIS sis and BIL came down so am headed to meet up with them shortly.

Have time for a few shouts -

Lizzie - holy crap that's a lot of miles!  Awwww, love when you love your hair.  Hope work isn't too bad today.  I feel like I have a million things to say to you but my mind is blanking and I gotta run!  More manana....

Damaris - sorry for yesterday!  That must have been SCARY not being able to breathe!

Good luck Diane!

Good luck, Karen!  OMG what a travel nightmare.  Hope today is better!

Cathy - sounds like a nice little vacation!  Hope on-call is quiet and you got a lot of reading in.  I'm reading something right now I think you may have recommended.  Of course I cannot remember the title at the mo'  haha

Okay - gotta fly!  Back tomorrow with another fair report!  

6 crappy hot run/walk miles this morning. I just couldn't hang. It was so steamy.

Karen--I forgot Tupelo was this weekend. As much as I would like to do that race, I am so glad I didn't--I'm really running crappy now. I can barely make a 5K without walking. Sorry about the rental car problems.  There was also a big game in Starkville and I think at Oxford, so that probably added to the car shortage. Hope you had a blast.

Damaris--sorry about the DNF, but smart to listen to your body.

Enjoying my "Susan" time. Sewed yesterday and made a quick trip to the yarn and fabric store in Mobile. DH will probably be home before dinner, so I can sew all afternoon. Smile

Kat--I must admit when Gracie was hit by a car I begged my vet to see her and he probably saved her. Emergencies--yes.  You are too lazy to schedule an appointment when you should--no.

Lizzie--B to P?

Hi Laura, Turtles, Cathy, Damaris, and whoever I missed.

Smile

LC Runs

Steamy here, too - 4.3 miles for me.  At least it was cloudy and there was some wind to cool me off.

Karen - oh wow, that sounds like a nightmare travel day.  Glad you got settled and hope the race is going great!

Damaris - those sound like tough conditions for sure.  I had to walk a couple of times today and I don't have asthma or elevation.  18 is still rock star distance!

Lizzie - glad you like your hair!  Sorry you have to work today but it doesn't sound too bad, do you get extra $$??  B to P - last name change??  Oh, I would have preferred to hire installers, but it is a lot more $$ and BF always insists on doing these projects.  He is capable, but the time frame may be extended.  I guess we shall see... lol

Hi Sandy - glad you had fun volunteering, with this humidity, I think it would be nice to volunteer instead of race LOL

Sue - sounds like an awesome relaxing weekend, you deserve it!  Nice 6.

I've checked in with DS a few times, he seems to be doing well.  He said he was going to walk campus today to find all of his classes before Tuesday.