Womens Running

Dance it OUT FRIDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Doing my Friday dance!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

18.2 miles for this girl!

Run was OK. Was a struggle this morning..my left foot was having some problems. I have only been wearing the Ride's when I am running real long - think I need to add them in to my other weekday runs. Feel like they still need some breaking in. I just wanted the run to be done! My foot was yelling at me and I could feel my tight calves and hamstrings. Blah..just one of those runs where you feel every ache and pain! Oh well, they can't all be perfect! Plus I had a tough speed work week...

Working from home today! Probably won't do much working but thats okay! But after today my vacation starts! WOOHOOO!!! I know a lot of us are on vacation soon!

Sandy - Girl I know you are PUMPED! I hope you are ready to have such a fabulous time!!!

Is anyone racing this weekend?

Okay, I am off to walk the Ruger! Happy Friday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

SugarLand

Morning 2nd day of retirement 😁😁

Buddy slept until 5:15am so I got a extra 15 minutes 😃

since I was up I ran 3 glad I did it was so humid but I love running in the dark

going to meet running buddies for coffee

be back later

everyone have a great day

Vicki

Woo Hoo!!!  Working 6 hours today (2 hours admin leave yipee!!) then I am off next week!!! I wore running pants and a race t-shirt to work.  I look like a bum. Smile Looking forward to staying home!!

Had a great visit with family last week.  Dad enjoyed his 80th birthday bash. Had about 80 people there.  OMG--such a long drive!!! 12-13 hours each way. And my car is caked with county mud from all the dirt roads.  DF is taking it in for a scrub this morning.

One of DS2's roommates is staying w us for a couple of days while they hunt. Nice guy. Low maintenance, thank goodness.

Did core this morning finally.  Back tot he training schedule. I just couldn't juggle it while traveling.

Vicki---big congrats on your retirement!!  Enjoy!!!

Have a great Friday!

Kilmisters

Fell into another slump, but finally feeling like I am out of it. Sleeping from 6pm till 7am last eve/night helped tackling the insane workload of today and preparing myself for three working days of next week, which, not surprising for month end/year end + moment when 4 of our stores have recently opened after reconstruction, will be even bigger level of insane. Add to this the fact that a new request for data was sent by Competition Council; financial dept realized starting from next month they need data in a format we haven't had, uhm, EVER, so I have 3 days to create it; and that today whole office had kids w them (so someone occasionally ran into the glass door; started shouting, accidentally pushed smth over, started crying etc.).. Yeah... The worst part about next week being that nothing can be done in advance; aside from preparing some templates and creating action plan by days.

Lizzie, great miles! What time did you wake up to get those in?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow Lizzie.  I made the mistake of eating chicken alfredo for lunch (have gone dairy free and forgot alfredo is made of cream)....did not sit well.  Did not do my TM or my 10,000 steps.  Oh well it's a new day.  Enjoy your vacay.

Sandy, have a great time in MX.  Soak up the sun.

Sue, wow sounds like the drive down to Biloxi from OK...  Glad you are back and that you are actually getting away from your horrid boss for a bit.

Hi Vicki.  Our dogs all get up at 5 regardless of the day. Other than during an event I can't seem to make myself run in the dark...or even venture out if I don't have too.  I have a retinal condition that has me night blind so it's difficult at best.

Well they are doing some sort of games here today and the CEO is bringing in lunch but boss and coworker and I are going somewhere (that's the plan anyway).  Was hoping we could get off early so I could try and make up my steps so I can "average" 10,000 each day for the week.

Hi to everyone, I'll check in later with personals.

dhuffman63

Trails

Cross posted with you Elina.  Holy cats you are busy.  My job is so laid back it drives me nuts.  I have about a week worth of real work and then I've started making stuff up to do.  We have this cool data analytics program we don't use cause politics within make working with IT a nightmare sometimes.  You can keep your level of crazy tho...

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Sugarland, good to see ya again! I’m retired (2.5 years ago) and it’s like I died and went to Heaven! I did everything at once to start with, but moderated after about a year or so. It took a while. But being able to run and exercise when I wanted was absolutely wonderful (still is)!

Lizzie, there used to be a “pain index” on the weather page. Accuweather has something called an Arthritis link for joint pain. Barometric pressure changes, I think. I’ll have to see if it is relevant over time.

Thursday I did 35 minutes at the track. Legs could use a few days off in a row, I think. They feel heavy when I run. I got to touch base with a friend. 

Today it is going to rain most of the day, but I’m going out to the trail in between showers. Temps are going to be around 48° F. so it should be good in about an hour or so. Rain shoes are ready to go.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

TURD for me today, I am starting to get a cold plus my foot was still a little sore so I just decided to sleep.    Instead I will sit and eat Christmas cookies thanks to Liz!    It's a great way to start the holiday weekend.

Lizzie, thanks again for the awesome cookies!  I am normally not big on cookies, so that is a big compliment.    That was super sweet of you.  Kaitlyn took some with her to school in her lunch to share with her friends, she really likes them, especially the peanut butter ones!  DH likes the cookies too, though he was confused by your card.  At first he thought the cookies were from someone named Virginia.    Nice long run!  No, they can't all be great and it sounds like you worked for this one.  I will keep your sleep secret in mind.    Enjoy WFH and your vacation!

Vicki, retirement adventures!    Enjoy!

Sue, welcome back!  Wow, that is a long drive.  Happy Bday to your dad!

Elina, there were kids at the office?  I can always tell when there are kids here... they are not quiet.    Glad you are coming out of your slump!

Diane, games at work?  Interesting.    Ugh on the alfredo.  I can't do rich sauces.  Hope you make up your steps today!

Judy, have fun running in between the raindrops!

Kat, that is sad about the bus crash.  Hope the coughing is better!

Sandy, enjoy your vacation!!

Happy Friday, all!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy these people are big on boosting morale.  If we can't go early we'll just play all day...lol.  We just did a scavenger hunt so not sure what's next up.  We played mini type golf in the hallways last year.

Anonymous Guest

Miserable weather for running here. I got up early and met a girl from my running group for a few easy miles and am glad I did as it was 72 degrees at 6:30. She's the one I'm hoping will agree to coach the group with me next year. At first she didn't think she was "qualified" but then I explained that I would still do the routes and the emails and could answer all the questions, she would just need to show up and be encouraging and especially at the beginning help make sure no one got lost. She thought that sounded pretty awesome and was kinda pumped that I asked her, but she doesn't want to commit quite yet because they are trying to adopt so wants to see where they are at in that process in a couple months.

Okay, think I'm going to try to get to the grocery store this morning before it gets too crowded. I made the mistake of going to Target about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Apparently our school district had a half day yesterday and is now on break, so that was a bit of a zoo.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen I went to walmart last night after work and surprisingly it wasn't too awful.  Not fun but I had a list grabbed what I needed and got the hades out.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Yay, it's Friday!  I have the 5 I missed on Monday and OTF (combined to make 5 miles, lol).  My knee is super achy these last few days but I think it was from using very old shoes.  Last night's slow run helped a lot.

Lizzie, nice job on the 18. Hoping the foot stops hurting now.  Enjoy your vacation!

Vicki, glad the doggie is getting used to it, lol.

Susan, nice!  We only got to leave an hour early and we just got the email, so we assumed it wasn't going to happen.  That sounds like a long drive.

Elina, stay strong!  Hoping things calm down soon.

Diane, hoping your stomach feels better today.

Judy, enjoy the trail!

Cathy, glad you managed extra sleep.

Karen, also known as Winter in Miami, lol.  The other day it was 77F and my husband was like why don't you run outside?  Fuck no.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris...lol I'd be thrilled with 77 or even Karen's 72.  It's 36 with a feels like 29 right now.  Sat's high will be 43.  You are more than welcome to it.

Seloc

Just popping in real quick to say hello and wish everyone a lovely holiday.  Adios amigas!!  Chat with you all again next year