Womens Running

Wonky Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

A password setup and change wonkiness. Oh well. There is the telephone.

Post. We are here to listen and commiserate.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I changed shoes to the Brooks Ravenna 5s and ran 35 minutes in them. The heel was definitely better with those shoes. I am so happy to be seeing some improvement.

Today I need to deal with some car repair diagnoses, then will go to visit a friend for a light supper.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Enjoy your light supper with your friend!

Lisa - I wondered if there was any snow up north!  I work with someone from Cadillac, and she said they didn't have any snow left.

Off to work for a few hours today.

Had a wonderful 5 mile run with RB yesterday morning - did some speed work, and in between huffing and puffing, we did lots of chatting....felt great all day!

Happy New Years Eve!  New Years is one of my favorite holidays - love the start of something new!

Anyone have any goals/resolutions for the year?

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning and Happy New Years Eve

I have been thoroughly enjoying my time off from work.  I did go in to the office for a few hours on Christmas Eve and yesterday (I had to check the phone messages as I was on call), but it wasn't too bad.  At least I am as caught up as I can be for next week.  At home, I 've been working on getting the house clean from the holiday hoopla lol.  No plans for tonight but we are all heading downstate Th/Fri, staying at a waterpark, should be fun.

I've been keeping up with the running daily.  Met up with a friend on Monday, which was nice.  Our nice, mild temps are gone and it is frigid outside.  I think today I'm going to try and do two short runs of 2 ish miles, heading out in a few then probably will do a couple more in the afternoon.

Judy - I haven't tried the Ravenna's though I like Brooks shoes.  I'm in Mizunos right now.

I am out of the loop but sending shout outs to Carol, Lisa, Ginny, Camille, Tessa, Sue, Susan, Marjorie, Karen, Damaris....everyone!!

ginnyb

Did my WT this morning.  Frigid outside.

Judy...glad you are feeling some improvement in the heel

I have no goals or resolutions for the upcoming year.  Does that sound sad?   Just try to stay motivated I guess.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  The Improv show was fun.  Pilates and 5 miles after work tonight.

Judy, glad to hear you found the shoe that helps with the heel.

Carol, nice 5.

LC Runs, yay to vacation.

Ginny, nice job on the weights.

Happy New Year's!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today, as I'm still resting the shins. I went to the Y yesterday and rode the elliptical for 45 minutes, and I'll walk today or maybe do Just Dance with the boys. I think I'll run tomorrow; my shins feel ok and that gives me five days of rest.

As for mileage, I wound up with 1343.3 miles. I was hoping to reach 1360, which would have been 100 miles more than last year, but the shin flare-up sidelined me. Oh well, better to avoid injury that hit some arbitrary goal.

Laura and Ginny - it's cold here today too, but at least the sun is out! It's been so gray and rainy here.

Carol - I'm looking forward to getting back to doing some speedwork. I'll start back once the boys go back to school.

Damaris - glad your groin is recovering.

Happy New Year everyone. We're going to go to the Wake Forest basketball game this afternoon, then hang out at home this evening. Hope everyone enjoys their day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

I'm back!  BF and I drove to Texas to meet my parents.  Had a nice trip and everyone seemed to like him.  11+ hour drive is brutal--nice to be able to share it with someone.

3 miles this morning + 6 miles after work = 1000 miles for 2014!!  Woohoo!  Decided to break it up instead of doing 9 miles, plus--it's cold outside!!  Need to do some house work and maybe make oyster stew for supper and ring in the new year with my honey--if we can stay awake that long!

Hope everyone is doing well and had a nice Christmas.

Goals:  Ironman Texas is May 16, so I just want to get past that.  Anything else in 2015 is gravy.

Have a Happy New Year!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, maybe switch between Ravennas and Adrenalines if you like the extra heel height in the Adrenalines but the Ravennas suit you also?

Carol, yes, had goals/resolutions last year and more this year (cross posted from runango):

For 2014:
                    Lose 8 pounds. those 6 plus 2 more that snuck on. Nope. Still the same weight.
                    2 more states: North Dakota in May and something else before the end of the year, I hope. Four states! North Dakota in May, Idaho in August, Connecticut and Rhode Island in October.

Maybe another 50 miler. Did that. 54 miles at Nanny Goat on my 51st birthday.
                    I might add that I didn't even mention cleaning the garage or the patio as part of 2013 resolutions, but I am going to add them for 2014. Patio is in progress and I have hopes for the garage. Both almost completely done. We can park not one but TWO cars in there! And the roof is replaced. And the closets cleaned out. And the hall and DD's room refloored.
                    And the situation with DH is in God's hands, not mine, so I'm not going to make any resolutions for 2014 regarding that. God resolved the situation. I still miss the man I loved and married and had children with and laughed with and had good times with, but that man dwindled and disappeared for good years ago. One's body can continue functioning long after one's self is gone, but he's at peace now.

So, for 2015:
                    Still want to lose those 8 pounds!
                    3 or 4 more states, I hope. Signed up for Charleston and for Des Plaines, so that's two.
                    More house projects: finish cleaning out the nooks and crannies of the garage. Resort and reshelve all the books, with judicious purging. Paint the kitchen and the master bathroom.
                    At least one 50 miler.
                    And I would like to see if I can get the ActiveLink to hit triple digits of activity points. That would require doing a lot of miles in one 24 hour period, since the 54 miler earned me 81 activity points. Trouble is that most 12/24 races start around 7 AM and go until 7 AM the next day. I would need to start at midnight and keep going until close to the next midnight since it resets at 12:01 am each day.

Glad you had a good run with your buddy. NYE is not a big deal for me but I will probably have some bubbly.

Laura, glad you are enjoying time off. Waterpark? I hope it's indoors! Good for you on getting the holiday stuff cleaned up. We still need to do that and must take down the tree tomorrow since trash/tree pickup is Friday.

Ginny, yes stay motivated! Hope to see you at a race in 2015.

Damaris, happy New Year to you too!

Cindy, you are right, don't try to hit an arbitrary goal. You still beat last year's miles, right?

Did not run this morning due to cold (for us) temps and howling winds. We close at 1 PM and there's a bus at 1:15, what I will probably do is change here, go home on the 1:15 bus, and run as soon as I get to Santa Clarita -- even before going home -- so I can run in daylight. I could go to the gym but that would mean not getting on a bus until 4:15 and the traffic is likely to be bad by then.

LC Runs

2.1 coooollld miles   Did some push-ups, squats and planks when I got home.

Carol - hi there!!  No snow here, which is fine with me lol

Ginny - great job on the WT!

Damaris - enjoy the evening workout and 5 miles

Cindy - hope the shins feel better.  Enjoy the basketball game, my boys really want to go to a Pistons game this season.   Maybe once I get through the Christmas bills, I can look into that.

CrazySue - glad the visit with your parents and BF went well.  That is a long car ride, good thing you guys like each other lol

Tessa - yes, thank goodness, the park is indoors.  We're going to Frankemuth, it's a cute little German town in mid Michigan.  BF and I went there for dinner on Thanksgiving.  It will be nice to get out of town for a couple of days.  Have a good evening run, I am happy the days are getting 'a little' longer each day.

Anonymous Guest

I planned to run this afternoon (we're off at 2, I'll probably leave around 12:30 or 1 since I get in so much earlier than everyone else), but may opt for the bike trainer instead. I'm at 1853 miles for the year, a far cry from last years 2500, but considering the last four months of PF, I'll take it.

No personals from me right now, selfishly going to finish this last thing at work and then head home. No big NYE plans, just dinner with some people at 5, so we should be home and in bed well before midnight. 8 a.m. Pilates class for me tomorrow, then probably a longer (10ish) run in the afternoon. Unless DH decides he wants to try the 5K in Baltimore tomorrow afternoon. He's already up to 2.5 miles of almost all running, and was complaining about how slow he was (10:30 miles). I tried to explain to him that that isn't slow, that I was running 11s when I started and it took me way long than a couple weeks to get up to that distance, but I don't know if he really believed me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, 2.1 is good considering your temps.

Karen, enjoy whichever you opt for. Tell DH that working up to speed takes time.

Planning 16 or so with RN tomorrow morning -- we are going to drive to where the PCT crosses a road and run a segment of the trail. Not going into specifics just for security's sake since this is an open forum, though I may divulge more details after the run.

camille2

I got in my 5, pretty slow and easy ones, but it's done. Weather is pretty decent here considering it's winter.  42, but sunny. 20-30's at night.

Hi Laura, enjoy the time off!

Cindy, have fun at the game.  Wake Forest has a beautiful campus. We toured when DD was cking out undergrad schools.

Tessa, I got them Fitbit zips, the cheapie one that I like.  I like having the screen and don't want a braclet or need the sleep feature.  DC rainmaker likes it, too.  My newer one cheats me out of miles though.  : )  At 10,000 steps I only get 4.59 mi and on my previous one, it was 5 miles.  I prefer my previous one!  I may email them to see if I can adjust it.  I looked online and can't change it.  Enjoy the PCT.  We saw Wild last week. Book is so much better. Great resolutions!

Carol, I love resolutions, but am still thinking about a list. One thing I plan to do is to go for 64 things worth talking about.  I did the 63 last year and it made me realize/track how much I do.  It was added motivation to do things I like, but might have passed up.

Sue, I'm glad the visit went ok. I'm sure dear BR is relieved.  Congrats on 1000!

I think I caught up with most everyone else yesterday.  Have a Happy NY.  I'm on at my mom's.  I did win getting a caregiver for one night. She started last week and my mom likes her.  That's not enough help, but it's a start.  In a couple weeks, I'm going to start lobbying for an additional person for a couple nights.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me today.

Did pilates as well

It is chilly today.  We are having such swings in temps

Haven't said anything to dad yet.  Waiting.  DH says I should let it be but I have to find a way to say something.

Camille yes, DH loves his Fit bit.  if they they ever switch to the the flex I'd suggest getting an extra band.  The bands are known to break.  They are warrantied for a year so they will replace it, but while waiting for a new band they could continue to wear if they have a back up.  DH's first band broke but one of his coworkers had an extra band. They come with two but one is small the other is large.  Dh had huge wrists so no way he could wear he small.  His coworker is a female and she was wearing the small and didn't need the large so they swapped.  He has also ordered a few just in case.

Ginny it isn't sad.  I just don't set resolutions as I don't see the point, for me.

Tessa you accomplished a lot of stuff!

Cindy great accomplishment on the miles.  I ended with 2190.2.  I thought I'd get t 2200 but I didn't run yesterday.  I had no goal in mind so I'll take what I ended up with.

Waves to everyone else.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Finished 2014 with 1,444.4 miles - I hopped on the TM for another 2.3 this afternoon to make the numbers even ha ha.  Was planning on going back outside, but now we've got 20 mph winds along with the temps.

Camille - I got my older kids the Garmin Vivo Fit for Christmas.  They seem to be working okay, though navigating the website and syncing the information has been kind of a pain.  Also, my daughter wore it while practicing the piano and it went up like 1,000 steps