Womens Running

Snowy Saturday - Supermoms (Read 301 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10 miles or so with Sam and RP in the snow.  We got a few inches last night.  Time to break out the screw shoes, but they are the kind with the big heel drop, my old Adidas, that I haven't worn since...last winter.

TR - suddenly wanted to wash his sheep last night, we went downstairs to the washer and put a load in, then he was upset that he didn't get the sheep back dry and clean in 30 seconds.

FR - no idea for lunch, Swiss Chalet for dinner.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Morning Patty- have a great run. Saw your pic on FB, outfit is cute! Enjoy your dinner out. RR: long run of 10-12 today, snowed yesterday but all melted. Ran a little over 6 with R. For those who asked yesterday, I'm not training for anything yet, just like to maintain 40-45 mpw TR: ate a huge bowl of pasta with sauce and peas for dinner last night. His new favorite toy is an oatmeal container filled with toys. He runs around shaking it and chasing the dog. NRR: getting our tree this weekend. Christmas festival downtown tonight, and my friends open house at her gym. Busy but fun Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

strollermama

5k this morning.  Reindeer fun run with the whole family - DH+stroller and the dog.  We are aiming for under 23.  BBL for personals!

zorbs - I LOVE the tights!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runnergirl9508

And I hate posting on RA from my iPhone. It shows spaces btw the lines, but posts as one big paragraph? Doesn't seem to matter if I hit enter or not...weird

L e e l a

RR - Just did 6 miles with the 10 miler training team.  Worked in 7 repeats of 1 min. at 5k pace with 1 min. easy.  Great workout!  We'll probably do something else active as a family this afternoon like go for a hike or long run or something.

NRR - It'll be a nice Saturday around the house. Gotta pick up and spend some family time.  We'll get the tree up sometime this weekend!

FR - We'll figure it out as we go along.  Weekend's are freeform!

TR - B woke in a happy mood this morning.  DH took her to the gym daycare so I've got a few quite minutes at home since I beat them home!

Trail Monster

Patty- too funny about B and his sheep! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Runner girl - not sure I recognize you! Different screen name? 40-45 MPW base is awesome for not being in training! I need to work on that! I can't post in paragraphs or lines from the iPad either. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Shelby - good luck! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Leela - nice repeats! I did 6 x 2 minutes at 5k pace the other day and it was KILLER! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RR: 5k time trial on the schedule for today. I should have just gone to the race with DH today but I'm still a little sick so I think I'll stick to the treadmill in case I need to bail and so I can watch my pace. TR/KR: I started assigning chores to Gem (7) yesterday. She folded her own laundry, fed the dogs, and cleaned up the living room before bed. I had more free time than I knew what to do with! I'm going to have her help me with dishes today also. She seems to enjoy being a helper. She got Ash a muffin and milk for breakfast without any help or input from me. NRR: I've been laid off for 5 weeks now and have filed for unemployment every two weeks as instructed but I haven't received a penny yet. I'm getting really upset! I also noticed one of my professors marked my final grade as an F when I finished with a 93%/A-. She said she submitted a grade change to have it corrected but I checked and it's still listed as an F right now. I may resort to violence on Monday if both of these things are not resolved.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Leeleeche

RR - 8 miles this morning. I mapped out a route close to home. Love my hilly route but it always aggravates my shins. BR - seems better. Eat from the brat diet yesterday and was fine. Hoping and praying that is the end of it. KR - came home so upset yesterday because he "failed" his semester spelling test. I looked at it and he got 58/60 correct. How is that failing? I'm not sure why his expectations were so high. He said he was disappointed in himself Sad
                Marathonjen

Quick post for me but bbl for personals.

RR - 12 miles 

BR - Took a 2+ hour nap this am...just now waking up and I need to finish cleaning so I am glad he is up.

NRR - Doing the taste test at Gerber and then grocery shopping.  Hoping he cooperates

FR - Forgot to plug-in the crockpot yesterday so our dinner was ruined...slick move!  Ugh.  Will try the soup again tomorrow once I grocery shop.  No clue about tonight but I do know that wine is in order!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - B loved containers of things too.  He likes to put things in and take stuff out.

shelby - I hope your race went well.

leela - I always have ideas about what I want to do over the weekend and end up bumming around and accomplishing nothing.

sara - I could never do time trials well, without race day magic, I always run slowly.

lee - perhaps it is time to explain to Jandro that fail is below 50%?

jen - had the food gone bad sitting all day without cooking?

~~~~~~~~

ugggh, DH is off to the office again while B and I nap, and he'll want a nap when he comes home, which means I have to take care of B by myself again.  Then DH will be annoyed that we're not quiet enough.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Had a fantastic 10 miler this morning- felt awesome, and the sun came out halfway through the run.

leela- nice job on the training run! i wish i had a group to run with. i enjoy my solo long runs, but it would be nice to have the company from time to time! nice that you got some quiet time at home too! enjoy your weekend with the family.

Banshee- nope, same screen name as on RWOL. I'm Heather in "real life" if that helps Smile  Nice job on your run today, hope you're feeling better soon. That's cute about your older DD helping out so much. I hope they can get your grades straightened out soon. That is so frustrating!

leelee- hope you have a great 8 miler! glad that J is feeling better. it's so hard when they are sick. hope you guys have a great weekend.

jen- nice job on the run today! when's your next race? I'm thinking about a spring marathon, and a bunch of shorter races along the way...i really want to race ALOT in 2013. i've missed it. hope the taste test goes well- is it all kid/toddler food?

R is still napping...probably be up soon, then we have a bunch of errands to run- Target, Old Navy..

Leeleeche

Back from my run - Gorgeous fall day. Went sleeveless with capris. Could have worn a skirt but never really got hot. I was slow, probably because I didn't eat anything yesterday but I enjoyed the run.

zorbs - I don't think the kid has gotten a single word wrong on a spelling test this year. Good thing he doesn't take after me. LOL on the sheep. Maybe he won't asked to have it washed for a while now.

RG - have fun getting the tree! That is one of my favorite activities! We get it from the local HS baseball team now so pick up is next Saturday. We still get to pick it as long as we are early.I have the same problem posting from my phone. It bugs me. You would think they would optimize sites like this for mobile devices these days.

Shelby - GREAT job on the race!! And congrats to your DH. 

Leela - aren't quiet moments golden? Especially on the weekend?

Banshee - does Gem have any incentive for her chores? I was thinking of doing it with DS for a small allowance. I was thinking $2 per week of which half he has to put into savings. Maybe I'll start when he turns 7 which is next month.

Jen - total bummer on the crock pot! Totally something I would have done. Did you get that feeling when you walked into the house and didn't smell anything cooking?

Trail Monster

leelee - Poor Jandro. Just tell him how proud you are of him and that you think he did very well! I don't give Gem anything for her chores. She saves all of the money she gets anyway. We pay for all of her wants and needs so long as she agrees that all the money from birthdays, Christmas, etc goes to her savings. She has a few hundred put away already not counting her savings bonds. I basically just explained that she's a big girl now and mommy needs help and she needs to learn to do these things so she can be a good grown up someday. She ate that right up!

Jen - That sounds like something I would do with the crockpot.

Patty - I did it on the treadmill and set it to my just slower than my current 5k PR (24:27) pace and then worked faster from there. I finished in 25 minutes flat. Ended up with 6 miles in 59:15 once I added in my 2 mile warm up and .9 mile cooldown.

Heather - Sorry I didn't recognize you! I don't post much anyway so that's probably why. I want to get back in the habit to keep me motivated over the winter!

Follow up for me: Got yesterday's workout done this morning. My scheduled 10 miles for today will happen tomorrow. My mom is going to watch the girls while I run two 5 mile loops around the lake in the park. I wanted to run trail but with all the hunters in the woods it just wouldn't be safe. DH ran a 5k this morning in 21:46 and got 2nd in his age group. I know he's really getting frustrated with not improving. His PR is low-21's and he just can't break into the 20's. I try to give him training tips but he just doesn't listen. He runs every run on the treadmill and at breakneck speed. I asked him to do Monday and Wednesday slower and outdoors, Tuesday and Thursday faster, with Friday off and then a weekend long run whichever day he can get it in. He just won't quit signing up for races though. He is doing another 5k AND a 10k tomorrow. I know if he would give his body a break and train with a purpose for 4-6 weeks he could easily get into the 20's or even 19's. GRRRRRR!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Marathonjen

zorbs - Boo to DH being at the office today...does he have to work or is he just going in to get caught up/ahead?  DH sometimes goes in when he doesn't have to just to get caught up.  Hope the weather is better for his commute today.  Hope your dinner out is great!  Yes, I am sure the food was bad from sitting out not cooking for 10 hours...DH threw it all away before I got home...he felt bad.  I partly blame him because I told him to stir it an hour after I left the house...he did...and still didn't realize it wasn't on...duh!

rg - Nice mileage...not sure how you fit it in...I am so greatful on the few weeks that I can get 40 miles...which is not very often.  I am not training for anything right now either.  Just trying to keep mileage in the 30-40mpw range.  Have a great weekend and fun at the festival.

shelby - How did the race go?

leela - Yay for B being in a good mood and a few quiet moments alone at home.  Enjoy the weekend.

Banshee - Sorry about DH's time for the 5K...hopefully he can figure out what he needs to improve on his own.  Why men don't listen to us is beyond me.  I almost didn't know who you were by your SN until I read your post...lol...I am easily confusedWink

leelee - Nice job on the 8 miles.  Poor DS on thinking 2 wrong is failing.  At least he has high expectations but that is enough to drive you batty.  Is he a perfectionist?  Hopefully he can learn to be a little easier on himself.  Glad J is feeling better!

nolamama

CQTM

Hi Ladies! RR - elliptical yesterday, hoping to run tomorrow morning with A in the stroller. Today, see NRR BR - no crawling or standing or feeding herself. Daycare is getting pushy about her holding her own bottle but she is refusing. She used to do it months ago but now she just likes to have her hands free while being fed so she can stroke her ear. The pediatrician is calling her the "enabled first child". Whatever, shell get it eventually. BR2: battling thrush, UGH. Not fun, really killing my nursing/pumping desire. If I didn't get so engorged I'd quit now. Is Bermy out there with any advice? I don't think she moved over here from RW. I'm definitely in worse shape than DD. NRR - took part 3 of CPA exam this morning. I feel like I did ok...but you never know until the scores come out. I almost feel like there is a light at the end of this PITA tunnel! Zorbs - B always has to learn the hard way, huh? RG - your mileage is awesome Banshee/leela - hi, I don't think we've "met" Shelby - when is the move? Jen - nice run this morning! Hopefully you got lots done during his nap Lee - how is your sleep coming along?
                              nolamama

CQTM

Well crap... The iPad posts all in one big paragraph too