Womens Running

(Over 40) Easter Weekend (Read 21 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me. Haircut in a few. Dh is taking the pups to the pool.

Cindy I love the iPad. I got the mini so it is compact. Makes things easier than using my phone.   Good luck with the race.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

8 easy done. Beautiful morning here. Rain forecast for tomorrow's long run, but at least it isn't supposed to be cold.

Marjorie, I was going to get my hair cut today but decided to wait a few weeks. Need it now, but the shorter layers won't stay in a ponytail as well so will wait until after my races next weekend at least.

Now off to take a shower and do some of my never-ending list of chores.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ajdx5

today I'm going to do some sort of easy-ish xt - I ran 11.25 miles yesterday & I was pretty pooped.  Was in a funk & the last few miles & questioned *why* I even want to do a 1/2.  Got home & discovered that it is *that time of the month* - -explains my funk.  I will try a 10 miler next weekend & then decide if I wnt to sign up for the 1/2 on 4/13.  I need to get my mom on board with going to WV for H/M.  I will sign up for the 1/2, but really, I'm just coming to meet a bunch of you lovely forumites that I've been conversing with for years!  :x

It took 2 hours to do it & altho I was distracted & kinda tired & sore, I felt much much better after a shower & stations of the cross - - so here's to hoping for a much better long-ish run next week.

Who all is going to WV in June?

ginnyb

I am registered for the H/M in June, looking forward to meeting everyone too!

I ran 8 this morning, that is the longest run since December.  I felt pretty good and I did not use my walk/run , I ran the whole thing.  Cold, but sunny this morning.  After I ran, I went to the store, bank and then treated myself to a pedicure.  Pedicures are just wonderful.  GS has a doubleheader ballgame today, first of the season.  DH and I are going to go to the 1:00 game I think.  I have so much to do for tomorrow, but want to go to the game.  Potatoes and eggs are cooking for salad, sugar cookies are baked, so I am getting there.

Karen...I don't know how you and Marjorie run so much.  I hear you about the never ending chores.  I need a haircut too.

Everyone has a nice Easter weekend.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

annieSusan

Some good things, some not so good things...

on the good side, I have lost 10 pounds since January. I still have more to lose, but I and feeling good about it. I have been using My Fitness Pal pretty faithfully. It was a pain the first couple of weeks, especially because I cook quite a bit and had to enter some of my own recipes, but after that it got much easier. It has helped DH lose some weight, too.

Ran outside yesterday, 3 miles on a flat path. SO nice to run outside, and it felt fairly good at the time, but front of my ankle hurt quite a bit later. This is after cutting back for more than 2 weeks, and then not running at all for 5 days. Sigh. I had hoped that would be enough to solve the problem. I have a doctor's appointment on April 11, so I will see what she says then. I guess it is back to the elliptical for me until then, although maybe it will be possible to ride my bike outside now. This nice weather has got me itchin' to run outside. I'm wondering if yoga could be exacerbating the problem. My Thursday yoga class has had a series of substitute teachers, all teaching very differently.

Thanks for letting me whine. I just want to go outside and RUN!

annieSusan

Linda

Cindy:  There is software that can monitor all your computers, including tablets.  I can't get my head around researching it yet, but when we get a new computer, I'm going to do the research and get some serious monitoring/protection.  We've already had issues, so I have stay diligent.

Karen:  Ponytails may not be beautiful all the time, but they are certainly practical.

ajdx5:  some runs aren't the best.  Next week will be better.

annieSusan:  Congrats on the weight loss.  I have been trying to loose the last 5lbs. for at least a year+. At least I haven't gained.  I'm sory about your ankle Sad

My husband and I ran a 5K together, today.  He did pretty good on a very challenging course(2nd AG) , and I won first female.  I should write a little report about it, because it is the first time that I used a little race strategy.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Anonymous Guest

Nice racing Linda and Mr. Linda! I don't know if I'm more impressed you won first female (and don't you just love beating all the "kids" in their 20s and 30s across the line) or that your entire outfit matches, including your shoes. In fact, you even match the ribbon of your medal and your very cool trophy!

Amy, nice run, even if it wasn't the best. The crappy ones make the good ones that much better. And I'm so excited you're coming to H-M! I'll be there.

Ginny, too funny. I see the miles Marjorie runs and don't know how she does it. Nice 8 for you today. Enjoy the game - sounds like preparations for tomorrow are well underway.

annieSusan, congrats on the weight loss! I was the same way with myfitnesspal in the beginning. It can be such a pain in the beginning, but once you get some recipes in there, and you get better at "guessing" how similar what you made is to something someone else put in there, it's really not that bad. I also like that a lot of the new recipes I've tried online have all the nutritional information so I don't have to put in all the ingredients. Sorry about your ankle and hope you get some answers soon.

Assuming I get my long run in tomorrow (16 miles), March will be my highest ever mileage month at 256 miles! And boy, can my legs feel it. I need to look at my plan next week and see if I can figure out a mini-taper of sorts for the half next Saturday (Sunday's half will be more of a recovery run). Hoping to go sub-1:40 on Saturday, then just run with my sister and help keep her mind occupied on Sunday.

Gatsby, are you ready for GO? Did you switch to the half? I'm getting back into St. Louis probably early afternoon on Saturday and then we're going to the expo. Want to try to meet up there?

Okay, the reason I got on the computer was to look for a salad recipe I have in mind to take to dinner at a friends house tomorrow. So I better stop messing around online!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Easter weekend!  Led a 10.5 miles trail run then did another 3 when I got home.  Lots of hills... feeling a little pooped.  It's a trail through a protected watershed area that isn't accessible to the public unless you're with a docent, like me, so my RC periodically hosts runs through there and collects donations for our scholarship fund.

Woohoo Linda and Mr. Linda on your awards!  Hope that JulieD and Cindy had fun at their races today.

Karen, I'm ready enough for GO!  Yes, switched to the half, wouldn't have been ready for the full after losing February to bronchitis.  My flight arrives at 2:45 on Saturday .  I'm planning on going to the expo, but will have someone pick up my race packet just in case I'm late.  I'll PM you with my cell number and if you send me yours, I'll get in touch Saturday afternoon.   If you don't have dinner plans, a big group of us are meeting at Angelo's (attached to the Drury Hotel downtown) at 5:30 and the more the merrier.  You're running with your sister right?

Marjorie, sounds like you're having fun with your new toy.   Just got my hair cut yesterday.  I've been going to the same person for at least 12 years and have had pretty much the same hair cut the entire time.   I am the most boring client ever.  But she knows that having it long enough for a pony tail is a must for me.

ajdx5, I won't be in WV but sounds like a fun time will be had by all.  Some runs just suck so don't worry about a bad one every once in a while, especially when it's you TOM.

Ginny, woohoo on 8 miles!  Nice.

AnnieSusan, bummer about the ankle, especially if it's nice outside and you want to run.  Maybe tendenitis?  Hopefully the doc will give you some answers.    Congrats on the weight loss!

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ahhh. Sitting down. Ran errands then came home to do more cleaning. Took the old caulk peel strip thingy from the front of the tub then took goof Off and spent forever cleaning g the residual sticky mess. Looks good now.  Laundry and some sorting upstairs.

Amy I'm doing h/m full.

Ginny good for you not having to stop.

Linda congrats.

Karen most the time I don't know how I run the miles I do either!

Susan gosh wish that stubborn ankle would get better.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby  Ive gone to the same place for my hair for 13 year almost. I do change it up from time to time though with the style. One day I will have to do Go. I went to school in St Louis and love it there.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Happy Easter Weekend!

I survived my DD's birthday celebration  we had a lot of fun swimming, hot tub, eating and movies at the hotel.  My DD and her friends were very well behaved and my older daughter was a big help.

This afternoon, I took the kids and dog to the Park, I met up with 3 friends from our new running group  and ran 5 miles.  About 50 degrees outside, great weather for a run, though the park was fairly muddy so the dog needed a bath when we got home ha ha Smile

Having a laid back Easter tomorrow, I hope to run 8-10 in the morning, then the BF and I are heading downstate for dinner at his Mom's.  I am making a broccoli salad since BF and I are the only veggie eaters in the group and I need my greens!

Hi Marjorie - nice run.  I want an Ipad Mini.  I bought my older kids tablets for Christmas (NOT Ipads) and they love them.

Karen - way to go on the 8!  I have a huge 'to'do' list as well.  I managed to get all the laundry done today, but that's about it!

AmyD - nice job on the 11.25, you will do fine in a Half

Ginny - great 8!!

Annie - great job on the weight loss.  So sorry to hear that your ankle is bothering you, have you tried taping it?

Linda - awesome job on the race!  Congrats to your  hubby, as well.  Love the picture!

Gatsby - what race is GO?  Have fun with Karen Smile

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hello all!

RR:  Today was the Icebreaker Challenge 5K in Albany, NY.  It was on a beautiful path along the Hudson River, right in downtown Albany.  I met a group of friends there, all of whom are relatively new runners.  We had a great time.     It was in the low 30's when we arrived at the race site.  I was layered right up, including mittens with hand warmers (I know some of you are chuckling).  By the time the race started, the sun had really powered up and it was close to 40 degrees.  So, I shed a couple of layers right before the race.  (I was VERY glad I did).

As I shared earlier this week, I had very low expectations since this was my first 5K of the season and I had been running inside all winter.  So, I decided not to pay attention to my pace, but just run my race based on how my body felt.  The race coordinators pushed us back further away from the start line, because there was an immediate bottleneck just across the line.  We got distracted during the shuffling and were standing there chatting, I realized that some of the elite runners were BEHIND us.  I knew we were in the wrong place.  So, I kind of herded our group away from the front of the line.   One of the elite runners actually thanked me and comments about how considerate it was of us to move Smile

The race started nicely, and once we were through the entrance to the walking path (the bottleneck), it was pretty smooth running.  I felt really strong and enjoyed almost all of the race.  The last half mile, I had to decide to just put my head down and get 'er done.  And, of course, the only rise in elevation of the entire race happened in the last quarter mile!!

I ended up running the 5K in 34:06, a 10:59 pace... A PR all the way around.  WOW... totally didn't expect that.   It's amazing what the energy of a race can do for your pace!   I was thrilled.

Julie - Icebreaker 5K

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

LC Runs

Great job, Julie!

Love the picture Smile

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Back for personals:

Marjorie - Nice 10.2!   I love my iPad.   Of course, I have totally drank the apple juice! lol

Karen - Nice 8!  The only way I know to deal with short layers is do even shorter layers.  It's one of the reasons I have settled on a really short cut.  And the 256 miles is awesome!

Ginny - congrats on the long run!

AnnieSusan - Hooray for your progress toward your weight loss goals!  Sorry to hear about the ankle.  Hope that the doc has a good answer for you.

Linda - GREAT PICTURE (and a handsome guy!!)  And WOOO HOOOO on top female.  That rocks!  Love the trophy... and I would love to hear the race strategy.

Gatsby - That's cool about the trail runs for the scholarship fund.  What a great use of resources (nature and funds).

LC  - I can't wait until it is warm enough to take Jazzie to the park.  I took her to a dog park a couple of weeks ago and she was covered with mud after only  few minutes.  ugh!

Blessed Easter and Happy Pesach,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.