Womens Running

Monday, Monday (Dailies) (Read 29 times)

camille2

Where is that Lizzie? I had to start.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Best Wishes to all, especially those training and racing. 

Thursday the temps had dropped drastically but the colder 60° felt good. I am still being cautious with the knee and doing my strengthening exercise for it.

Friday was classes, yoga and meditation. The tea classes are neat as we can sample various teas and desserts with them.

Saturday was SDO but with some yoga and stretches.

Sunday Buddy and I were out there on the trail and it was 42° F. There was scattered frost as well. We did a good solid 60 minutes. I was dressed for freezing temps. The capri length pants are necessary since I have been needing the knee strap but I didn’t mind the cold.

Today I am out to do the trail and a few errands. After that DC and I may do a hike.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 speed work miles for me. 10x 1min run/1 min rest. Gym tonight!

45 degrees out there this morning. You know what that means? AWESOME run. My legs are still cold. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve - I was good. Only thing I probably would have added were some light gloves. LOVE this weather. I got me a sweater on...with my new pants...yeahhhh buddy.

Yesterday was SO. BUSY. I came into work and had to move furniture around for 2 hours then got home and we moved furniture into the newly finished room. Set up is awesome! Needs some decorating but not much. We had all of this furniture spread out in the other 2 guest rooms - so we put those back together. We also set out some fall stuff - pillows, decorations etc. It is starting to feel really cozy and "homey". All he needs is some drapes Smile It is getting there though!

Its going to be a crazy day I can feel it.

Amy – Oh man I wish you had a picture of the dress! They have really cute stuff in there. I actually am wearing this sweater today and it ties in the back. Not the entire back but goes down to mid back and ties..really cute. They are just overpriced. Have to go when there is a sale! And their factory store is pretty awesome too. Its hard to keep track of all of us!

Margaret – I can’t wait until you are racing again! I am sure you are feeling the same. Thanks for the happy dance hehe..I don’t want to jinx anything….aww how great your dad is coming to visit. Is he local?

Kathryn – So I guess you have decided to go!? I saw there was going to be a warm up next starting at the end of this week – I was freaking out to Cathy about it! I hope there is at least no humidity! Crossing fingers.

Run4kupcakes – OMG. When I read your post I was really hoping that your neighbors weren’t going to go through with that. I mean, isn’t that illegal or something? Turkey breast is a good idea!

Cathy – OMG you are going to have a lot of cake!! What kind of book is this you are reading!? LOL. Where did you find one that included a runner as a suspect?  Ring talk doesn’t really surprise me either..but I mean..if it happens..we will have to start a new thing – forum meetup for a wedding!? I am getting ahead of myself here.

Sandy – Oh man, poor runners – that is cold rain, too! Ouch! Good for you for staying out there Smile Hope you got in some nap time!

Lori – Congratulations on the race!! I keep hearing about races being long/short..this is annoying! Shouldn’t they be triple checking these things? Nice job!

Marjorie – Nice miles yesterday. Good for Rockey for behaving! We have actually been walking Ruger off leash and he is really doing well. We get compliments on how well behaved he is! Shock to us LOL. What desert did you make? 35 if family history – so I am good until 40! Smile

Karen – WOOHOO on an awesome run yesterday! 67 miles..PHEW. I don’t know how you do that! I just can’t picture myself doing that kind of mileage. I would love too..but whew! Nice job! Glad you had great weather – you deserve it after dealing with the awful summer. Your post made me smile Smile I agree on the EPIC FE meetup..if there is a wedding in my future that is. Wink How awesome would that be?!

Diane – I am dying to hear how your race went!!!

Camille – I am laughing out loud over here. LOL. How are you feeling?!

Before any "celebration" would take place between HCBF and I..he would need to work on some things. Like, his job situation. He is in a deeper relationship with his job right now than me. He puts that job before me all the time. He needs to fix that before I would agree to any long term commitment! Smile Its one thing to be working away from home - its another to voluntary work 16 hour days and be on the phone 24/7 7 days a week. He is the love of my life, but I know things don't get "better" when you get married. Have to think with my brain and not my heart. That is hard sometimes!

Okay. Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

camille2

I read the weekend thread, but am not sure I'll remember much.

Lizzie, it's so cool that your guy is asking about rings.    That was another nice milage week for you!

Bertha, nice race!  If the start is downhill, that's a good time to run faster.  Bummer on the long distance.

Tessa, it's good to see your normal miles again. Which marathon?

Marjorie, your yard looks great.

Dani/gatsby, it's good to see you running again!  Woo-hoo!  I think RW must be having the same  problems as other print magazines.  David Wiley left, Bart Yasso is retiring and the Sweat Science guy posted his last column. I'll  admit that I only occasionally looked at the site anyway...went straight to the forum and get the posts directly from Sweat Science.  It's sad.

Halfcrazy, congrats on the race! Interesting that part was on APG. Smile son the comment.

Sandy, nice 16! Then moving boxes? You're tough.

Damaris and Kat, good luck on Chicago!  (In case I don't don't get back here). I hope you both feel better.

I know I missed a bunch, but I'll try to catch up.

I am in VA.  Since I'd helped with my mom 2 days early last week and DD came to NC Friday, instead of going back to GA, I drove up to Crabtree Falls after dropping GS at daycare.  Virginia claims Crabtree is the highest east of the Mississippi and since I'd been telling people Amicalola is, I thought I'd check.  It was a great hike, but VA is stretching it to say it's one waterfall.   Most would say upper, middle and lower falls since it has stretches between the drops.  SC also claims "the highest"- it is one drop.   Crabtree a steep climb and a young gal I passed on way up told me when we leaving the park that I was "very fit."  It's about 1100' of climbing over 1.4, but had a lot of switchbacks. I think she made it to top, but I'd gone a bit further and am not sure.

Sat, I drove Skyline Drive in Shenadoah Nat. Park and did 2 run/hikes (more hiking). Doyle River Upper and Lower falls was the first and again was pretty steep. The water level was quite low, but the huge boulders made it a neat hike. I also did an easy 2.2 on part of the AT.

Sun, I went to Luray Caverns (worth it) then went back into Shenandoah to hike Dark Hollow Falls (best of bunch) and Rose River Falls.  The water was very low on all of them and I picked the last 2 because the rangers said those would have water and I could get both in a loop. It would be nice to come back in spring and do more waterfalls and more AT. They were great trails anyway. I love the enormous boulders in the area. I'm going to Montecello this a.m and then head back to NC to help SIL until Thursday when I'll go to GA. DD goes to Philly in a.m-thank goodness they are letting her work from home some.  I decided that while I dislike driving when it's rushed (like the NC/GA drives), I love these meandering exploratory drives where I read the tourist info and decide what to do that day.

I also have a cold and thought I was picking up day care bugs until I read how many have colds here.  I guess they are just going around.

dhuffman63

Trails

I didn't get on this weekend as Sat was busy (massage, grocery shopping, letting the horses into the smaller paddock we'd build fences for last week, packing) and then driving up to Joplin.  I stayed overnight in the hotel where the buses left from since they were leaving at 530 and I didn't want to drive up that morning.

I went to the "expo" and packet pick up - not many vendors and kind of lame actually but it's a small race (cap at 500 each in the full and half), and then a 5k.  Checked into hotel and then went to HuHot and stuffed my face with chicken, yakisoba noodles with mushrooms.  Went back to the room and laid out clothes, pinned on number and then tried to go to sleep.  I sleep poorly in strange hotels.

Got up at 430, took a shower and got dressed and ate a banana.  Packed up all my stuff and put it in the car.  Wend down to lobby to wait with all the other people, grabbed some coffee and a small muffin then we loaded on the bus to go to the start.  The HM started in Baxter Springs, KS, wound through the country side, through Galena, KS, and then ended in Joplin, MO at the Athletic Complex.  The full started in Commerce, OK then picked up the KS part of the HM.

We started at the Baxter Spring HS so at least was warm for a bit at it was in the mid 50's and I had a tech t-shirt and a skirt on, with throw away gloves.  Used the potty a couple of times just so I wouldn't have to hit up a portapotty...and there were plenty on the course.  At 7 we started.  There were probably 2 dozen or more walkers with me and I was chatting with an older lady for a couple of miles.  Since this was just another training opportunity for me I wanted to see if I could keep my HR down.

It is a very well run race.  Water/gatoraid and sometimes snacks every 2 miles.  We hit a long climb, not steep, just long between miles 5 & 6 and looking at the Strava course map it shows the entire course is all up hill...starts around 750 and highest is 1014...not bad for a road race in flyover country.  I powered up the hill and just kept a steady pace.  My watch showed 3:45:59 and 17:10 pace so since I pretty much walked the whole thing I'm happy with that.  I did run across the finish line...I tend to do that for all of them just to prove to myself that I can.  Avg HR was 134 with the highest at 175.  Not exactly what I was shooting for but once it started to get warm mine stayed around 140.

All in all not a bad day.  I'm taking today off as recovery then need to get back into it as the Pumpkin is 19 days away.  My butt muscles are sore tho, bloody hills.  Oh and the headwind, I swear 60% of the run was into the wind.

Hi to everyone and have a great day.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning. I hit the track this morning for 5.5 miles with 4 x 800. I really suck at intervals but I gutted these out.

kats, I started out on RWOL in 2008 but in 2012 or 2013 I had so much trouble logging in that I just quit posting there. I was glad when the FB group started so I could reconnect with everyone.

Diane, I think 3:45 is a great time for a trail half. It sounded pretty nice, too.

Lizzie, I am sure I will wear the dress again. I'll try to remember to get a picture. It's a very pretty dress. I think I will shop there more often now. (When I shop. It's not something I naturally enjoy so I don't do it frequently.)

I got an email this morning that a friend's daughter died over the weekend in a car accident. She was the same age as my older son and they had some mutual friends. I am just devastated.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

dhuffman63

Trails

It was a road race not a trail.  It was pretty popular up until it's demise in 2010 but they got permission from all the towns along the way to bring it back.  It's run along part of the Route 66.

I forgot to mention the dead coyote on the bridge that made me gag, and then the dead dog further on that almost made me cry.  Poor thing still had a red collar on and I was just so sad.

Seloc

Karen – hooray for a great 13.5 yesterday!  OMG on your miles!!  Holy crap, lady.  Glad the weather is at least slightly more favorable – though, you are right, still pretty steamy for this northern chick.

Marjorie – happy birthday to your two oldest!  Glad Quincy can celebrate.  Also happy your are feeling better.  Safe travels this week!!

Lori – great race yesterday!  Hey 3 ½ min is 3 ½ min – I’d want that, too!  And you kept it a GMP – that’s awesome.

Camille – holy cow have you been busy!  Driving and taking care of people and hiking!  Wowzers.  Sorry you picked up a cold somewhere.  Hope it’s short-lived.

Lizzie – you are cracking me up!  Hooray for a sweater!  Yep, I woulda added gloves in 45*, too.  Awesome awesome run.  So glad the weather is being nice to you.  It was warmer here!  Dang – that WAS a busy day yesterday.  But fun to be productive, too.  Mamograms aren’t all that bad.  A little awkward, maybe, but doesn’t hurt (maybe a little uncomfortable) and is over pretty quick.  HCBF back at the beach?  Hope your day isn’t too crazy but busy enough so it doesn’t drag.  Oh, and btw, no WAY you can “jinx” anything.  You guys are the ultimate love story.  You are SUPER smart, too.  For real.  Wish I woulda been as smart as you are being with him when I was your age…

Diane – nice race yesterday!!

THM – nice speedwork this morning!  Dang, you and Lizzie with Monday morning speed.  This cat can’t do that haha.  OMG I am so so sorry about your friend’s daughter.  Too too young and heartbreaking.

Rest day for me.  Which worked out well since it was still raining with occasional storms.  Will hit the track tomorrow.  Just another Monday around here – nothing too exciting.  Finished reading Megyn Kelly’s memoire yesterday.  I know it’s from her perspective but I do like her more than I thought I would haha.  She sure put up with a lot of crap.  Have a great day!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning

Today calls for another of those optional 3 miles. So I am opting out. LOL.

Back into it tomorrow.

It's a perfectly beautiful day to start my temporary work layoff. Yay. Hubby and I strolled the waterfront. We love the riverfront.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Another rest day for me.  Ho-hum.    Still pain in my arch/heel when walking.  On the plus side, a friend of mine ran her first marathon this weekend and finished in 3:25!  Qualified for Boston by 20 minutes.  She sometimes has body image issues, she ran in the Athena division.   Shows that runners come in all shapes and sizes!  

Judy, enjoy the cool temps.  We are supposed to get close to 80 for a couple days!

Lizzie, nice speedwork this morning!  I was really cold this morning but the temp is supposed to get up to almost 80 today!  But not to fear, it will go back down later this week.    We had two cakes yesterday, one was a flourless gluten free cake and the other a chocolate cake with mousse filling!  Haha, it's a good book if you are into murder mysteries, it's called The Girl on the Bridge.  Kind of violent though.  Well, if the worst thing about HCBF is the job situation, that is not that bad!      I love the way you are thinking though, especially since you don't do relationships.  

Camille-Cathy, I would agree that you are very fit!    I am fighting a minor cold also, mostly sinus stuff.  Passed from DD to DH to me.  

Diane, nice job on another half!  Sounds like a nice training race!

Amy, nice speedwork!  I am sorry about your friend's daughter.  So sad.

Hi Sandy!  Sounds like it was a tough day for volunteering!  The guy from the forums did really well, a 3:49 so well under 4 hours.  I love when people make their goals!  

Lori, glad you can take advantage of the temporary layoff.

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up after 3 hours of sleep only to read the news on LV and wanting to go back to bed with my kitties.  Sigh.

I have 5 miles tonight.  Knee is a bit achy today since I tripped on Sunday (thanks, Richard, for putting the empty little boxes on our doorstep so I can trip at night when it's dark).  Anyway, gah.

I really might downgrade the OTF to once a week. This week I don't even have time to do the second session and might just cancel the other session.  We'll see.  I promised myself that if that happened for one straight month, it was time to downgrade until I have more time.  I can always pay for an extra session if needed.  Or the 5 for Hell Week. Smile

Lori, great job on the HM!  Sorry about the long course but that's an excellent effort! nonetheless.

Camille, morning!  Thanks for starting us off!  Hope you are enjoying VA.

Judy, enjoy the trail and the nice weather.

Lizzie, nice run!

Diane, great job on the race!

THM, nice speedwork. Sorry about your friend's daughter. Sad

Sandy, enjoy the rest!

Cathy, damn foot!  Congrats to your friend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, good you're thinking about his job as well, however being asked for a ring size says he feels seriously about you too I think. Can you two work out the work/home priorities?

45? Oh so envious.

Diane, good work! So this race is OK/KS/MO? Hmm....that means it could count for either OK or MO if one did the full. Sorry about the roadkill on the course, usually they do try to run the road sweeper and cleanup truck on the course just before the race.

Camille, that sounds like a wonderful waterfall weekend! Sorry about the cold. I'm nto sure where the line is dran between "continuous fall" and "upper and lower falls with flat stretch in between". Taken to logical extreme you could count Sioux Falls as very long since the water is descending, but those falls are, well, basically horizontal.

Judy, frost? Envious of that too.

Cathy, congratulations to your friend, and hope the foot pain goes away. Mmm, chocolate mousse cake...

Damaris, makes sense to cut down on what you're being charged if you aren't using the sessions because of time constraints. So with OTF you buy a certain number of sessions a week?

For those who asked, my next race is Santa Clarita, November 5th.

Amy, I am so sorry for your friend's loss of her daughter. It must be even worse since she was the same age as your son.

Good intervals, though -- what recovery did you have in between them, 400? 800 is a fairly long interval. I tend to do those on the TM doing 0.5 mile at the faster pace with a .25 recovery.

Lori, long courses are frustrating, however you put an asterisk by the time to indicate an unusual distance and move on. Better than a short course. On the 50 states club website there is a list of races that aren't accepted because the courses are known to be short. Imagine doing 26.1 and finding out days or weeks later that the course was short so you have to do another race in that state.

Sandy, glad you had a rest day, well deserved.

Managed 2.4 yesterday before church, that was about it yesterday, 3.2 this morning. I got woken up at 1:30 AM by my phone buzzing with news of the shooting in Las Vegas. Horrible. However, woke up and ran anyway. Nice cool morning and I found 79 cents -- woo hoo -- every little bit helps.

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, nice run!  Yeah, you buy either once a week (4 sessions a month), twice a week (8) or unlimited.  I can make the twice a week but not often.  The difference is $20-30 which has me thinking that if I do 5 sessions a month, I'm already breaking even (an extra class would cost me $28 anyway).  So, maybe for next month, I'll try and see if I can break even before changing.  The change takes 30 days so I either cancel now or make it to December.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa I'm not sure about how the state count works but I'm guessing MO since it was the end would be the state?  Too bad they don't allow all 3 cause it would be an easy way to get 3 states out of the way.

I'm thinking the coyote was fairly fresh as it didn't smell like the dog did.  I just felt bad cause they were both killed on the hiway.  Unlike the ranchers around here I don't hate the coyotes but then I don't have calves that they sometimes kill.  Altho some of the dogs that roam loose are bad news for people with chickens.

Just in case I have further issues, I want to send my good wishes to anyone doing Chicago this coming weekend.  And congrats to any racers this past weekend.  I wasn't able to log on and read all of the weekend posts and this week is going to be busy as Sept 30 was our year end.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning,

Judy, happy hiking later.

Lizzie, you are being very smart.  Things do need to change and soon, both for you and him.  He is working himself into the ground...  Nice run!  Sweater weather?  What are those words??  Going to b 88 here today.  Yes, I am going to Chicago.

Camille, sounds like a nice few touristy days for you.  Meandering and getting lost when you are not in a hurry can be fun.

Diane, congrats on your race!

Amy, I think I remember you from RWOL, were you a poster outside of the women's forum?  I was quite the lurker in years past.  So very sorry about your friends DD.  Tragic.

Sandy, enjoy your rest day.  Thanks for volunteering yesterday!!!

Lori, I opted out of my run too, but mine wasn't optional...  Oops.  Enjoy your time off.

Cathy, baby that foot!  Huge congrats to your friend!  BQ by 20 is amazing, especially for a first timer.

Damaris, our weather isn't looking too hot for Chicago....  2 of the 3 weather sites say rain in the low 70's.  I am not a fan of rain.  Though preferable to 90's I suppose.  I am never happy...

Tessa, nice you were able to get a few runs in.  Funny on the money.

I had a lazy morning, overslept significantly.  Woke up with a killer headache at 5am and fell back asleep somewhere around 6.  That was indeed wine related.  Now I need to scurry to get my nails done before my friend comes over to get a key, she is going to watch my beasts while I am gone.

Talked with my friend going to Chicago  We are both definitely going.  We will probably finish around the same time, but it is unlikely we will be able to run together.  She is slow at the start and faster at the end, complete opposite of me.  She figures to start in the 14's, I will be in the 12's.  Too bad, it would be fun to be together.  If I start with her, I don't think I will finish in time as I know I will crap out.  I bet she will catch up with me in the last few miles.  We both have a goal of 6 hours, and both know that probably isn't going to happen.

Damaris #2, I don't know your dinner plans, but my friend is going with her running group friends and I am joining them.  We have an ungodly early dinner reservation - 4:15 - it was the only one available at the restaurant they wanted.  Depending on where you go, and what time, maybe we can hook up for a drink.  Damn, you are there for such a short time.

OK, off to nails and the running store, I need some GU.  Even though I haven't been using it, I really need for the race.

Have a great day!

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024