Womens Running

Positive Vibes THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am sending out positive vibes to everyone to get through the day!

Even to myself....Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I decided not to switch my schedule around and keep today as a rest day. I pushed it with 2 peak weeks and doing 4 days in a row last week. I realllyy don’t want an injury. There is a reason I do 3 days on 1 off..Plus, I got up at 3am and there was 1” of snow on the ground and 30mph winds. Whiteout. That didn’t seem fun Smile

Tomorrow we are going to be at 0!!! I think the temp is going to be in the teens but winds are going to make it feel like 0. Never had that before! This snow isn’t going anywhere (we got about 2-3 inches) so if I run, I will have to use the trax. I have a progressive run, so I will probably just scratch that and do the run nice and slow. I don’t know how anyone can do speed in trax anyway Smile

It’s still snowing but we will only total about 3”. But VA doesn’t know how to handle 3” (that’s what she said). So its going to be a mess for a few days.

Laura – We are expecting pretty frigid temps ourselves! Your mojo will come back, don’t worry. You have a lot going on with work right now too…that could be effecting it 

Tessa – Nice run on the treadmill yesterday – but omg on the fall!!! Oh man, it could have been much worse I guess. Did you tell property management about that?!

Karen – NICE job on the run! Hope you do something fun today!

Margaret – Nice 7.2!! Do you feel back to yourself again? Do you feel ready for Saturday?? Icy stuff scares me too! I am with you on spoonful’s of peanut butter!

OH HCBF came home last night. Smart man Wink

Happy Thursday!

Brrr!!!  5 cold miles this morning.  Stupid phone died at mile 4! I wanted to record using Strava, but my battery keeps dying.  Sad  I haven't been able to get the Garmin Connect to work with Strava for some reason.  Cindy, I couldn't find where you told me to look.  I should have had Karen help me set it up while she was here.  Do y'all have the free version of Strava, or do you pay extra for the premium??

I was really dragging this morning.  Idk why I feel so wiped out.

Lizzie--smart to take a rest day

Tessa--OUch!! Yes, inform management about the fall. I would be mad!

Stay warm out there!!

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Just 1 on the TM plus a weight workout.  School cancelled today due to dangerous wind chills, so it will likely be cancelled tomorrow, too.  I wish work was cancelled LOL.

LIzzie - smart thinking to take a rest day.  It looks like our frigid temps will be gone by Sunday.  I also noticed last night that it was lighter when I left the office, which is at 5:30.  Glad HCBF came home last night.  Do you think they will let you WFH if the weather continues since they can't do much to the roads?  As far as work, they were supposed to do nurse interviews today but the Director called in because she has a sick kid...looks like it will be next week now   BF and I are going out for date night tonight since he had to work late Tuesday so I can at least look forward to a beer LOL!

Okay, 9 hours to go....

Waves to everyone!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Sandy gave me a good trick for the phone – put it in your bra! It will keep it warm. Mine dies in the cold too.

Laura – UGGGHHHHH your work is insane right now! At least today is your Friday Smile Wow, schools cancelled because of wind chills? That is crazy!!! You must be really in the negatives. You deserve some beer tonight!

let me just vent real quick.

F*(Sing MAMMEL. The building is on a 2 hour delay and he didn't think I should know that? I have to let people know - cafeteria, mail center...fitness center. THEY NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A DELAY. He was like, "oh, my fault". WTF. You only want me to be management when it is convenient for YOU!

He also said he would judge us if we didn't come in. "Its only 3" of snow". Yes, it is a little snow but Virginia SUCKS about cleaning up roads. It was awful out there. If I would have known it was going to be that bad I would have worked from home. I will plan to next time winter weather comes through here. He made a comment "we are always business as usual" and I said "What if I died coming into work today?" and hes like "well, you are all adults you make the decision yourself". WTF. WHAT KINDA MANAGEMENT IS THIS?! I should just pack up my shit and leave. Un-f87kinhg REAL. LEAD. You are supposed to be a LEADER. Maybe send a text - "roads are bad..work from home if you feel you cannot come in". Don't say you are going to judge us if we decide to stay home.

Deep breath. Deep breath.

Seloc

Yoga strength this morning.  Back below zero so stayed indoors.  Sigh.  Should be able to get back out there on Sunday.  Finished a really good book last night - Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan.  About how you hear your mother's voice in your actions, especially with kids.  It's a memoir of when she was a nanny in AU for a widower with young children.  A bit heart wrenching at times, too.  Not much else going on - just trying to survive the weather at this point!  Yes, the air hurts my face and I wonder why I live here.  Anyone looking for a roommate??

Gatsby - you crack me up!  Nice run!  Hopefully you get all the rain today and tomorrow so it's dry for your race.  I'm excited for you to be back out there!!

Karen - nice 10 miler!  Did you get snow where you are?  If so, might be a bit chilly today in shorts and short sleeves.  Hope you get to do something fun on your last day of the trip today!

Tessa - OMG ouch on the fall!  I'd have been cursing about something like that.  Yep, you get it.  A handful of nuts very easily turns into an entire bowl when alcohol is involved!  I have never tried fruitcake!  Fruitcake with alcohol sounds intriguing for sure and I would definitely give it a taste!  Nice job on Veganuary (love the term!).  Meal prep is HUGE for me and I do so almost every week.  Or, at least have food for salads.  Keep up the good work!

Laura - awwww, I think this weather is getting everyone down.  It's been too cold for too long.  Just give me 20* already!  Couple that with your job I don't blame you for losing some mojo.  But, look at you still rolling with your streak!  High five for that, friend!

Lizzie - awww thanks for being proud of me for my run yesterday.  I was sorta proud of myself, too.  Sure helped having an RB to meet.  I've been sorta avoiding those girls because it's demoralizing to be huffing and puffing and having a hard time keeping up.  But, I just gotta suck it up and know it's good for me once or twice a week to push the pace.  Oh!  I think I forgot to respond to the bday question the other day - I'm 27 Feb.  You are on the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius, right?  I don't know many Aquarius but I've never met a Cap I didn't like   Yep, I have to go somewhere to use a dreadmill.  I have thought about buying my own almost every year.  But, that thought quickly vanishes when I remind myself how much I dislike them and also I'm not sure where I could put it.  IDK, I still ponder doing so.  I'm just afraid of not using it as much as I should.  You get it, too re the snacking with alcohol.  EXACTLY everything you described.  In my perfect world I would keep drinking and stop eating LOL.

Elina - I love your boss.  I love your boss as much as I dislike Sue's boss hee hee.  Hope you had a great run!

Damaris - how are you feeling today?  Sure hope you aren't sick!  Cracking up at DHs mileage confusions LOL.  Saw it was good weather for your run this morning - oh man, I am so happy for you.  Are you just giddy with how great it feels??

Cathy - so happy to see you back at it!  Glad the foot isn't too bad.  That was hard core of you getting out there in that weather after work.  I always have a much easier time going in the morning.  Even though I'm crawling out of a warm bed, it helps that I'm warm.  After work I'm already so cold from walking to my car and driving home that all I want to do is sit under the electric blanket!

Kat - oh, Kat, I'm so sorry about the kitty!  Poor baby.  Yay for volunteering!  Welp, if it's any consolation, we can be old together.  I just got my first pair of progressives about a month ago.  Sigh.  Excited for your race on Sat!  Sounds like pretty good weather, too.  Oh, and thanks for looking into Chuck and Don's and recommending Chewy.  I think I might go with Chewy - they make it easy to reach out the vet and it saves me about 60cents a can and $6 a bag.  Next time we meet up, I owe ya a beer for all my savings!!  

Ginny - hey you!  Nice to see you back at it.  Stay warm!

Lizzie2 - proud of YOU for keeping your rest day!  Glad the weather helped with your decision.  You are right, that woulda been MIZZ.  Also happy that boy of your smarted up and came home last night.  Silly boy.  What's your long run tomorrow?  Shall be a chilly one but you can do it!  And smart to go slow to just get the miles in.  You already did 20 last week!  Oh Mammel.  He's a douche.  Sorry you are dealing with that!  Not someone I would want to work for.  At all.  Hang in there, friend!

For being a short week, it sure feels long!  Yesterday was crap so hoping today is better.  Do people get extra mean around the full moon??

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KATS, I’m sorry about the little kitty.

Arimathea, I’m so sorry about the fall. Gyms are even more hazardous due to the employees!

Lizzie, when you got your targus pierced, did it hurt more? Or did it take longer to heal? My two piercings took longer to heal on the left side. I have 3 on each ear perimeter but the bottom ones were done by a surgeon when I was 21 years old. Back then, the clip on or screw on earrings were so heavy and the pierced ones were light and comfortable.

Wednesday I did 50 TM minutes running with a faster speed throughout.

Today DC and I are going over to the gym. A track run for me. The gym also installed a bunch of new Precor TMs. That’s good, because the TMs get such heavy use there.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Sorry about your fall Tessa, ouch!  Gosh you just never know do you?  Glad it wasn't more serious.

Liz....good luck on that run tomorrow, doesn't sound fun to me.  I have become a real wimp running outside in the winter.  There was a time when I would run outside in just about any weather.  When we lived in Colorado, my DH ran also ,and we would go out in way below 0 without a thought.  Everything would be frozen when we got back home.  Now i'm old and don't wanna do that anymore, LOL!

Sandy...yes people do get mean or weird during the full moon.  Believe me, we know here at the library when there is a full moon.

BBL

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Hoping to get out and do another outdoor run tomorrow, so maybe some strength tonight.  Of course the forecast for Friday keeps getting progressively colder.  Oh well, supposedly it will be 27 on Sunday.    My foot was still a little sore-ish yesterday so the extra rest is probably good.  Took younger DD to intramural volleyball this morning, it is actually before school.  It is basically "no rules" volleyball, the kids hit the ball back after it bounces on the ground, they serve from the middle of the court, etc.  Looks like fun.    I used to play volleyball many years ago.

Lizzie, good call on the rest day!  Mammel actually said he would judge people if they didn't come into the office?  Nice.  Enjoy the zero degree day.  Haha.  Yes, places that are not used to snow can be shut down by a little bit of it.  I hate running in Trax.  Just feels weird.    For my run outside I wore my GapFit orbital fleece with a CuddlDud long sleeve underneath, fleece leggings, DarnTough crew socks, pom pom hat, Mountain Hardwear gloves, and a thinner neck gaiter.  The only thing I would change is a thicker neck gaiter!  My face got cold.

Sue, I have Garmin working with Strava and I have a free account.  On the upper right, click on the + sign, and then Upload Activity.  Then click on the Garmin logo and it should allow you to hook up your Garmin account.

Laura, school was cancelled there?  They don't cancel school here unless the wind chill is below -35.  Or there is a winter storm.  They don't cancel school here very often.  

Sandy, sounds like an interesting book!  Awww, I bet that made you sad about your mom.  When you mention the fast girls, it makes me think of Mean Girls.     I would not have run outside if it wasn't for this stupid challenge.  There better be a good prize involved.  

Judy, new treadmills!  Nice!

Elina, I like having the TM for the same reason, sometimes it seems like it's way too much trouble to get all bundled up for a short run!    Not worth the laundry.  Nice of your boss to stand up for you!

Tessa, I have been thinking about the dry January thing, I am thinking of trying a "dry home" thing for the year.  So I won't have any alcohol unless I am eating out.  I don't eat out a lot.    Ouch on that fall!  Hope the elbow is better.

Damaris, lol about your hubby.  Sounds like something my DH would do.  

Karen, thanks for reminding me about logging the dog walks.  That would probably be 5 miles right there for the next week!  It would give me a buffer, just in case.  

Margaret, yes, the air hurts my face!    I was thinking that was the most painful run I've had in awhile.  I would gladly pick a 20 mile run in the summer over 5 miles in sub-zero winds!

Cathy

Seloc

Cathy - I literally laughed out loud about fast girls = mean girls.  LOL  Nah, these girls aren't TOO mean only mean in that they make me run "fast".  Fast in quotes since it's all relative.  I sure hope you get a good prize, too!  Oooh, volleyball!  I played in high school and college and then for many years after.  I retired a few years ago.  Occasionally I'll allow someone to talk me into subbing but otherwise I'm enjoying my retirement from team sports hee hee.

Ginny - well, shoot.  I sure do love the full moon for running in the early dark hours but not the mean people that come with it!  Nice job getting to the gym today.

Judy - you are one hip lady with all your piercings!  Edgy!  

Laura - school closed?  Dang, that's cold.  Yeah, like Cathy, schools here (well, metro schools) hardly EVER closed.  I think you are pretty remote, though, right?  Out state often gets a lot of 2 hour late starts.  Gotta let the buses warm up, I think.  Yeah for date night!  Enjoy that beer!

Arimathea

Tessa

Margaret, sad to say this is the second time I've had a bad fall at the gym, and the first time I did it I tripped over a stationary bike and wound up with a cracked kneecap from hitting the concrete floor. (Dangerous things, stationary bikes.)

Karen, DH's uncle is actually quite entertaining? That could be good or it could be really bad. Sometimes relatives, especially uncles and aunts, are entertaining for the wrong reasons. Glad you got a run in and hope you do get to do something besides sit around and watch TV all day.

Liz, I think you made the right decision, and I would say yes take it slowly tomorrow. A whiteout in predawn darkness is not a good place to be running at all. Could you push it to Saturday when you can run in daylight? I worry about the cars.

And damn, Mammel is an idiot. He didn't tell you there was a 2 hour delay and then told you you should come in? I think WFH would have worked better for the company today because you could have been calling quickly. And no you are not eligible for workers comp if you are injured on your regular commute to or from work...but that means (in my lay person's opinion, I am not an attorney) you can bring charges against the company if they force you to report and conditions are unsafe and you are injured as a result. Has the city or county told people to stay off the roads?

No, didn't report it. I was in a hurry to get back to work and pissed at myself for falling, and there was a line of people at the front desk. I will mention it today when checking in.

Susan, tuck the phone inside all your clothes. Stick it in your bra if you have to. That should keep it warm enough to keep it doing, unless your battery is on its last legs.

Laura, 1 on the TM sounds like a plan for today. Sorry work was not cancelled, please drive safely. And I'm not surprised they cancelled school. Between trying to get the kids and the staff to and from, plus changing classes and worrying about the possibility of their getting stuck at school, I would err on the side of caution. Besides I'm sure a lot of parents kept their kids home anyway.

Sandy, no, sorry, not looking for a roommate, I already have four people in my house. You've never had fruitcake? PM me your address.

Judy, interesting on the ear piercing. I remember screw on earrings. My mother has never had hers pierced. I heard the targus hurts a lot and I'd be worried about sleeping on my side with piercings there.

Ginny, no real harm done, but the bruise is impressive.

Cathy, hope the foot feels better. Wow are you wrapped up. And intramural volleyball with no rules before school sounds like a great way to get the kids moving and have them burn off some energy before getting in the classroom. Someone had a good idea, call it "before school playtime" and people would not show up, call it "intramural volleyball" and parents will get the kids to school on time for that.

We cannot relate to the cold in the rest of the country. 50s here. (I guess low teens in C?) RN hauled out again this morning, we were a little late starting because her elderly dog took his time in the back yard and she has to let him out and bring him back in before running. We made it for 3.2 miles. My runs with her are usually faster paced than my solo runs in the morning.

ginnyb

I did go to the gym today and did 3 on the TM.  I haven't minded the TM so much so far this year.  As long as I can listen to a book, I am ok!  My DS didn't make it with me today.  There was a young man on the TM the row ahead of me who was running so fast and had such perfect form.......sigh, I have never been able to run like that, even when I was young.  I know, we mustn't compare and I wasn't really, just making an observation, it just looked so effortless......he was probably all of 20 years old too.

Oh joy, I just looked outside and it's snowing again.  The temps are supposed to drop during the day today...our temp this morning was 12 and that is supposed to be our high for the next few days, well below 0 tonight without the chill factor!  At least it isn't November!

I registered for the Cleveland Half yesterday.  I really enjoy that one, so thought I would give myself some incentive to keep on running.  Already made the hotel resevation too, May 20th.

Well I am about to do my walk through the stacks, it helps keep me warm and gets me out of this chair every hour or so.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MAMMEL IS A MORON!!!

I ran w my phone in my pocket, will try the bra next time.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, that is just ridiculous!  What a jackass.  You guys and your horrid weather and still running...

Sue, aren't you afraid of the moisture/condensation sticking your phone in your bra?

Laura, bummer about having to go to work while the kids are off...

Sandy, glad to help with the food.  A beer would be grand because that means we would be meeting up again!  Stay warm.

Judy, stay warm on the TM's.

Ginny, my old roomie years ago worked at the library, oh the stories...  YAY on the run and bigger YAY on the half.  Woot Woot!

Cathy, in college we were required to take a PE class, and I chose tennis.  We had the same mentality.  Hit it from wherever, and whichever court the ball might have landed on.  I think we were the only 4 in the class, so we used every court while playing.

Tessa, so sorry you fell.  Glad you were able to get out there and run today.

No run, though the weather is improving.  I had errands to run this morning that needed to be done.  Getting glasses ordered tomorrow.  Race Saturday.  WHAT?  In 2 days???  Jiminy, what did I get myself into.  Smile

Have a great one all.  Sitting here quite bored at work.  Needed my laptop for work stuff, so here I am surfing too...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh. Awful day. Almost time to get outta here. Heading to the grocery store then heading home!

OH. HCBF talked me into buying a treadmill today. LOL. My anxiety was just through the roof about running out there tomorrow and awful day at work. I ordered it and he picked it up about an hour or two ago. Not sure we will get it together tonight..but I am happy I got one! Nice to have that option! Now I am broke. Let me go wait by my mailbox for my W2. LOL.

Sandy – Nice job on the yoga! We are supposed to start getting back to normal around here Monday. In the 30’s in the morning and back to 50’s. Strange. The book sounds interesting. I feel like I would cry a lot. LOL. You can come live with us! You would just have to deal with Ruger. Smile NO..don’t avoid the girls for that reason silly. You are getting stronger everytime you run with them! I wish I had “fast girls” to run with to help me push through. We got a fold away treadmill..it was on sale so less than $1,000. I figure for as much as I run it will get its use. I agree on the cold being easier in the morning. I am not sure why that is?? Maybe because you just get up and go. Long run tomorrow is just 10. It’s a progressive run…we will see. I am not being too hard on myself about it since it is technically a cut week. I have another 20 next week though..no wonder I have been eating everything in site. THIS WEEK FEELS LIKE ITS BEEN 2.

Judy – Tragus piercing hurt more AFTER that actual procedure. Felt like an ear infection. I got it done when I was 18 so LONG time ago. I am glad I got it though. Are you going to try out the new treadmill soon???

Ginny – Haha, I don’t blame you for not wanting to go out in those temps. I will probably be saying the same thing in a few years! Nice job getting to the gym this morning! I don’t have perfect running form either…I am sure I look like a moron. WOOHOO on the race sign up!!! I was going to do that one if I didn’t do Fargo!

Cathy – I hate running in trax, too. Uncomfortable. Where did you get your fleece tights? I have one pair but they don’t fit very well. Our Friday-Sunday is going to be pretty cold. I am going to get a real taste of your weather! Lots of wind for us. Hmm..volleyball..isn’t that where you met DH?! Smile That does sound fun!  I like your “dry home” idea Smile I didn’t know you drank much?? Are you a wine drinker??

Tessa – Yes, actually the city told us to stay off the roads. Whatever. I just hate him so much. If I had remembered to take my laptop home last night I would have worked from home. I think I will try for the long run tomorrow. I worry about the cars too – but there usually isn’t many out that early. Nice job getting the run done! Before I leave for my run I basically tip toe around the house so I don’t wake Ruger…I would have to let him out and wait for him if I did! Smile

STAY WARM!