Womens Running

Fitness Friday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

omg, it is WAY too damn early!  taking the bus to Toronto..first session is at 7.

ER - first SRD since July 21.

ER#2 - even though I'm at a fitness conference, none of my sessions are actual workouts.  No Brendan Brazier either, bermy.  CPR recert (boring), keynote with Jillian Michaels, a session about looking good as a fitness professional (free makeup, woo!) and lastly, a session called "The Science of Barefoot Running".

TR - sat in my empty laundry basket and said "go!" so I replied, "it can't go because it doesn't have any wheels." so then he got the wheels off some of his duplo cars and put it under the basket, sat down again so of course the wheels shot out from underneath, so then I had to tell him, "sorry, I guess the laundry car is broken."

FR - no idea for lunch - grocery store salad bar maybe? sushi for dinner.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: enjoy the conference!! Sounds like ssome good sessions planned, is it just today or are you going tomorrow too? Lol on the wheels. R loves to climb in and out of the laundry basket.

RR: 6-7 miles this morning. not running the half on Sunday, as DH still has a ton of work to do to finish the living room before next weekend. I'll run long tomorrow, before work.

TR: when I told him it was time to walk the dog last night he ran and stood by the front door. I said, we have to get your ride, meaning stroller. He shook his head and reached up for the ergo. Ok, then on mamas back it is! Saw a hot air balloon on our walk and laughed and clapped.

NRR: not much going on today. Kinda nice. DHs wwork schedule might be changing, for the better. We will know next week!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR - 5 easy and core

NRR - getting ready for camping today.

KR - I bought a foam roller this week.  So far, DS has taken a bite out of it and DD1 and DD2 have fallen while trying to walk on it.  DD2 fell on it while I was doing core this morning.  Her mouth was bleeding - she was hanging on me while I finished the core work - probably not the best core workout ever.

FR - leftovers??

Zorbs - have fun at the conference!  Do you get to choose what sessions you want to sign up for?  B is hilarious, so smart!

RG - too bad about the half!  Oh well, the living room stuff is important too.  You still carry him in the Ergo!?  You mamas are tough - I never figured out how to use those carriers well.  Hoppe DH gets the better schedule!

DD2 fell off the foam roller again while I was typing this - do they ever learn?!?

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR/ER - nope, RD...

TR - DH is taking C to the daycare she'll be attending in September... sending him there with a few questions, and hope to set up a day where we can do a trial run and leave her there for a couple hours...had to solo parent last night so DH could deal with rental issues (again..ugh) and she barely ate... then DH told me he had given her peameal bacon for lunch.. oh... well, pork is her favourite meat, so no surprise she loved it...

NRR - i'm cranky.... woke up at 4am with my bladder about to explode, then couldn't get back to sleep... DH is fixing up our main shower so I had to use the other one and the hand held shower part broke, so I couldn't rinse all the conditioner out of my hair (which now feels gross)... i took the afternoon off to relax but now I have to run errands.... the only good part about today is we're going to the Tigers game tonight but we don't even get to see one of the regular Tigers pitchers start... yea, I'm a debbie downer today..

zorbs - have fun at the conference!  I had sushi last week for the first time in months and it was so good!

rg - too bad you can't do the half on Sunday... we have a local 5km "chocolate run" on Saturday night where you get ice cream at the finish line but there's gotta be more than just ice cream to get me to run a 5km at night... hope you get good news about DH's work schedule!

eh - ha, I pictured your kids on the foam roller and had to laugh... hope none are seriously hurt playing with it!

mrszackmorris

rr: 6m with rp.

tr/kr: school pictures yesterday. My aunt waited 1.75 hours with her kids. Luckily when we got there, there was no line!

tr/kr2: taking the girls to a dance studio and likely signing them up for ballet. then off to buy leotards and tights.

br: obsessed with a digger book which is falling apart from overuse.

nrr: amusement park was great the other day. The girls realized they like the big kid rides now. my vacuum cleaner broke the other day. I desperately need it to magically work again.

fr: ribs last night. SO good! no clue for tonight.

RR: 3m easy recovery with the dog.  Been eating a Gu before each run and wondering if it could be the cause of GI issues. Like can't get to the potty fast enough style trouble.

Zorbs: Have fun at the conference! I would be curious to know if Jillian Michaels really knows what she's talking about or if she's just got good PR people

Eh: The foam roller is a mess at my house. the dog want to eat it, the kids just get hurt or hurt each other with it. It has become 'mom's untouchable toy' No one is allowed to lay a finger on it but me :-)

RG: Too cute about R choosing his method of transportation for walking the dog :-)

Cx2: sounds like your off to a rough start but that things should be looking up by the end of the day! hang in there!

mrszackmorris

zorbs: have fun at the conference. I love the biggest loser!

rg: I was giggling at your post yesterday bc every run you say that it was great or fantastic. Wish I could say that about all of my runs.

eh: the foam roller thing is totally something that would happen to my kids!

cx2: have fun at the tigers' game. We moved farther away from the MLB stadium here so have only been to one game this year compared to probably twice a month last year.

dexy: ugh to the GI issues. I have gut issues even on a good day!!

Erniegirl

RR - 5k with the stroller + ST

TR - We were at the dollar store yesterday and they were blasting that Billy Idol song "Mony Mony". She started clapping and dancing, totally shaking her booty right in the aisle. Everyone around stopped what they were doing and were just watching her which, of course, encouraged her even more.

FR - BLTs and caesar salad

NRR -  Nothing exciting planned for today. We'll probably go to the park since it's a nice day. And then my usual Friday night routine of Netflix and popcorn after S goes to bed. I am on the final season of Lost, so I'm going to have to pick a new show to watch soon.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Morning!  A cricket had taken up residence somewhere in my bedroom last night.  Finally found and squished that sucker around 3:30 a.m.   So tired.

SRD:  I was tempted to go run 6 with the group this morning but after my night - no.  Will do one of my videos later.  Going to the LRS for their hydration/nutrition sale - buy 2 get one free.

TR:  Finally talked to me on the phone last night.  He's been super busy being spoiled by his grandparents to miss me.

NRR:  Bedrooms and bathroom cleaned (one side of my house).  This weekend will be cleaning the other side.  At least I cleaned part of the kitchen this morning so I have a head start.  Also going to try and finish painting C's room & his letters for his wall.

WorkR;  10 days until jury trial on 2nd degree murder.  Things start to go crazy when we get this close.  Why won't  attorneys prep in advance, they always wait until the last minute and it drives me nutzo.

armmama

RR - 7 MP miles this morning.  I've had a bad headache since yesterday and my stomach felt off when I got up plus I was tossing and turning all night but the run went surprisingly well.  Now I have to go hit balls with the tennis pro a the gym and I'm afraid that's not going to go as well, but I don't really care.

KR - girls are home, house is a mess again Smile

FR - dinner was really good last night, I had some kind of fish.  No ideas on tonight, maybe just pizza.

NRR - my mom had been planning on taking DD2 home with her for the week when she leaves here Sunday, but yesterday she told me my dad feels tied down with my kids there so she's not going to.  I am so upset and angry.  This summer has been so hard having everyone home with no routine and not really knowing anyone, it would have been nice to have a little help and support from my parents.  I was really  looking forward to the help with DD2.  If I would have known they felt so put out I wouldn't have sent the other 2 girls last week.

bbl for personals, need to get ready to head to the gym

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - conference is Fri sat sun but only going today.

eh - there's 4-5 time slots every day and you choose up to 4 sessions per time slot and you get into whichever one has space.

Cx2 - I hate when my hair feels gross.

Mrszm - why such a lineup for pictures? I remember back in the day they called each class to the gym for pics.

Dexy - I have little respect for JM due to her selling diet pills, sketchy KB videos etc. I'm hoping her speech changes my opinion.

Ernie - maybe I will stop by your house after dinner! I could bring wine..for carb loading of course.

Becky - same message as I usually tell spike: nuke the fucker from orbit. :-)

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

BBL for everyone, but I wanted to add this before I forgot:

RG - I had 8 fillings and a root canal last year.  The root canal was not painful at all.  I have had fillings that have been more uncomfortable than the root canal.  I was expecting terrible things, but it was just fine.  I know it is expensive though, so had it been a back tooth and had I needed to pay for it, I would probably have had the extraction.  I just wanted to tell you that the root canal was no problem at all.  I do not understand how anyone could compare that to labour!!!

beckykay

Zorbs:  Have fun this weekend!

RG:  Fingerscrossed for DH schedule!

Eh!:  C will not leave my foam roller alone either, definitely a bite missing out of mine too.

Cx2:  Ugh, I hate when I don't get to wash all the conditioner out of my hair.  That blows.

MrsZM:  Our digger book bit the dust too Smile  Awe, sometimes I wish I had a girl - I bet they are super cute at dance.

Dexy:  I have a very temperamental tummy.  I can only eat certain things before a run, so I normally just wait and eat afterwards.

Arm:  That is so frustrating Sad

Ernie:  I am all about a movie and popcorn tonight.  too cute on S at the store.  Oh and when I was in Niagara Zorbs' DH order a Caesar salad and it had bacon on it.  Since then I have been dreaming of a Caesar salad with bacon Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.7 this morning. Legs are still feeling a bit dead and achy. I guess I was expecting them to feel good with the days off and the crappy performance at SeaWheeze. Almost missed my workout this morning because I managed to turn off the alarm in my phone when changing the settings, but luckily R is basically the Old Faithful of toddlers and woke me up at 5:08.

TR: Had fun at our friend's house. He's such a guy's guy. My friend's husband is a self described "child with a debit card" and plays hard with the kids. R wouldn't go to sleep and was calling "Steeben!" (Steven) and waited until he got a hug from Steve to go to sleep at their house.   R was being really contrary this morning and everything was "NO!!"

FR: Junk food at the fair last night. Tonight is something with turkey or chicken. No grocery shopping until we return from CO. I need to find a home for 2 watermelons that we were given and probably won't eat.

NRR: Had fun walking around the fair. Its been like 12 years since I went to the fair. I remember everything being bigger. I'm a horrible person and was heckling the artwork submitted (just the adults, I swear).

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- have a good time at the conference. I need to get my CPR cert. DH has the certification to teach me, but I still haven't done it. Lol we push R around in the laundry basket- makes for a lot of static but he loves it.

Runnergirl- R loves the Ergo too. He calls it a Yeehaw Ride though.

Eh- I can't foam roll when R is awake because he says Chair and sits on it so I can't roll without making him fall off.

cx2- I don't know what Peameal is but R loves bacon and sausage.

mzm- if you buy a new one, I love my Dyson. We've had it almost 8 years and going strong and we use it A LOT. Yay for school pictures. I've thought about offering to come out and take pics of the kids for daycare as practice, but I don't know if the other parents would think that was creepy?

Dexy- sorry about your GI issues. I have to get up a full 30 minutes before I run so that I can go twice. Sometimes that's not even enough.

Ernie- I like Billy Idol, however I used to have one of his songs on my running playlist and it was too long and annoyed me so I had to remove it.

Becky- I almost stepped on one of these on my run on Wednesday http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_cricket . It was nearly 2" long!  Glad you found the cricket- those little effers are annoying and hard to catch!

armama- sorry your mom flaked on you, that sucks!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07