Womens Running

Mortified Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

This weekend I have finally had this illness under control and am starting to add some things to the BRAT diet.  I am determined! I went down to 85 pounds over this so am trying to gain it back. Some loss was due to dehydration.  Roll eyes The doc thinks I have had a food born bug. The antibiotic has stopped it . It's been awful not to be able to run or exercise  Cry   although I have done some walking each day.
      I'm off work today and want to exercise this afternoon. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy glad you are better

Tessa homemade Oreos?  Interesting.

Rest day. Off to DC for meetings. I really want to run but I'm not. I always end up with extra pat down in some weird area going through those xray things at the airport. I'm sure tape on my butt would be hard to explain and cause yet one more pat down. So I won't run. I would leave the tape on after to support it so best to not run. I would be a bit too sore without it.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD for me after the marathon yesterday (Space Coast Marathon).  RR in my blog, if interested.

judyruns, hope you get the illness under control :-(  Feel better.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest day.  Travel safe.

Damaris

Morning!  Back to work.  Group Power this morning.

Judy--glad to hear you are doing better.

Have a great day everyone!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Oh darn. When I read the title, I admit I was hoping for a funny mishap that caused someone to be mortified (but able to laugh about it later).

Like SIL, a wee bit on the tipsy side, experiencing an apparently uncontrollable bodily function (not messy, just gassy) at the Thanksgiving table. Right in the middle of grace. Sis said she was torn between sympathy for SIL, an urge to giggle, and a hope that nobody thought it was her. I'm glad I wasn't there because the urge to giggle would have won out.

Judy, feel better, add in nourishing foods as you can tolerate them.

Marjorie, homemade Oreos -- recipe is in "Make the Bread, Buy the Butter" which is a good cookbook. Probably also on the Tipsy Baker blog site. Delicious.

Safe travels today.

Susan, have fun with Group Power.

No run this morning because I took Sis to the airport. Soon to radiation for DH then in to work. I hope I can make it to the gym at lunch. I was over goal yesterday and need to shake some weight before next week.

Now I can say it: at least it's not November!

Yeah for it not being November anymore!  And for hitting max on out of pocket deductible for the year.  In waiting room now for dh.  We'll see if he ends up with them having to repair or if they can just do a clean up.. big difference on recovery time.

Did 5.25 yesterday down in park where the holiday lights are set up.  They weren't on but I ran through them and had dh pick me up at the end of them, then drive me back to car.  Okay but that spot is definitely still there.  Got part of the holiday decorations up... well at least the regular stuff taken down and shelves dusted.  tree is up but no decorations on yet.  Last year I got to the point where I said we would call it a new tradition to decorate it on Christmas Eve.  Hopefully the tradition won't continue this year.

Did I tell you about the turkey on Thanskgiving?  Bro had put turkey on rack and into oven.  I heard dialogue on trying to find a meaty enough spot for the meat thermometer but didn't pay much mind.  Then when he went to carve it he called me over.  "Lisa, does this look right to you?  Do you normally see the ribs?"  Me: "ah... no.  That would be the backbone of the bird.  You put it in upside down. Didn't you notice the legs were pointing the wrong way? The butt was up in the air?"  Flipped it over and back in oven for another hour to finish cooking.  Funniest part was that from being on the rack for so long breast down, the bird had a "six pack".  That was one lean bird. LOL  Lions won their football game for the first time in years.  We may always cook the bird upside down from now on.

Judy-feel better soon!

Tessa-I would have laughed for sure. Homemade Oreos would not be something to laugh at.  Wow.

Marjorie-I learned the hard way about shirts with metallic threads last year.  safe travels.

Damaris-congrats on the most recent marathon!

Lisa

ginnyb

Been MIA...sorry about that.  Busy with the the Christmas house tour.  First night was last night and tonight it will be over thank goodness!  Too much work.  My back is still bothering me too, but seems much better today, hope it isn't just wishful thinking.  I have not run but once in a month.  This weekend I am registered for a 10K in Cleveland, not sure I should do it or not.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, have fun with the house tour! You are brave opening up your home.

Lisa, hope DH is easily fixable. Welcome to the land of Blew Through The Deductible. Get everything done this month, fill every prescription...we are.

And snickering about the bird. Some recipes say to start the turkey breast down then flip it part way through cooking. I have not bothered. It's bad enough transferring a cooked turkey from roasting pan to platter, I don't want to flip the thing as well!

Lisa--thanks for the laugh!

Tessa--I would have cracked up

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking I'd ride my bike on the trainer after work tonight, but I just went out to get some lunch and it's almost 50 degrees out. May have to run. I was leaving for work this morning and DH came running out in his underwear- I'd planned to go straight from work to the car dealership to drop off the title for the Mercedes we traded in and pick up the garage door opener we left. I didn't realize DH was working from home and taking a half day of vacation (he needs to burn some before the end of the year) and could go down there this afternoon. So I gave him the title and will get home an hour or more earlier than planned. And I don't think any of the neighbors were out and about to see DH running around in boxer shorts. At least I hope not!

Judy, hope you continue to feel better! Stomach bugs are the worst.

Safe travels, Marjorie.

Enjoyed the RR Damaris. Huge congrats to Mr. Docket on his half!

Monday seemed to come awfully soon here, Susan. Hope group power went well.

Tessa, I would have laughed out loud, as would probably everyone in my family! I was trying to ignore the homemade oreos idea, but dang, they must have been good!

Lisa, we always cook our turkey upside down. DH's sister did it once by mistake and the breast meat was so juicy we've been doing it that way ever since. I don't baste or anything, the white meat just sits in the juices on the bottom and gets nice and tender.

Ginny, good to see you! I can't even imagine the work going into having a house on a house tour. I'm sure it kept you busy! I haven't even gotten my Christmas decorations out of the basement yet! I'm with Lisa, cleaned the areas where things will go, but that's as far as I got. I should text DH and get him to bring the tree up for me.

I didn't get nearly the amount of stuff done over the weekend that I wanted to. Car buying took up almost all of Saturday, then Sunday I barely had time to get a decent run in and make my oven-roasted mushrooms to take to a friend's house for "Orphan Thanksgiving" - a get together for those of us that didn't go visit our families. Then we stayed way too long when the plan was to eat and run. Oh well, we had fun...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Hey Everyone!

4.2 solo miles this morning, Fusion class tonight.

Judy - oh, you poor thing, glad you are feeling a bit better.

Marjorie - safe travels!

Damaris - enjoy the rest day!

Hi Sue - glad the workday is over, I really enjoyed the long weekend

Tessa - I know, I'm already looking forward to spring, glad when each month of winter is over.  At least December goes by quickly lol

Lisa - yeah for the 5.25!  That is funny about the turkey Big grin

Ginny - that is cool about the house tour!

Karen - hope you were able to get in that run!