Womens Running

May Your Coffee Be STRONG MONDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Coffee...or diet cokes Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me! Abs tonight.

Awesome run! Felt good to be getting back to my normal mileage. Getting there..not there yet. My PF was bothering me a bit this morning..its really flaring up right now. I think I am going to take my stick roller to it a couple times a day along with the ice bottle. Wore my new Saucony Triumph's. I bought them maybe a month ago when they were on sale and was just holding them back until I needed them! Sprinkling in some speed work this week Smile

We have snow coming Wednesday. Well, wintery mix starts tomorrow morning. They are saying about 1-2". I doubt we will get that much..it has been in the 50's and 60's here lately. I will have some wet runs the next couple days.

HCBF took the huge screw out of my tire..I don't even think it punctured my actual tire - maybe just the tread wall. It is still holding air and like nothing happened! I am going to buy a used tire though for when my good luck runs out.

Busy day today! Lots of key activities this morning then calls this afternoon. Ready for the weekend! Hahahaha.

Nice weekend miles, Tessa!! Whats next for you?

Cathy - Thought about you this morning - did you try a run yesterday?

OH BTW - the audit forging - I have a very good relationship with one of the client's VP's here onsite. We were chatting this morning and he was telling me how things aren't MATCHING UP with some of the documents that were submitted. I grinned. Smile

Have a good day! I will shutup now!

Kilmisters

On my fourth cup of coffee. So the title is spot on. Considering a walk to the nearest store to get Coke. Or two. So that part is precise too, Lizzie Big grin Jealous about the snow!! Some races in England were even cancelled (blizzard, temps, snow - combination of this all)... Nothing here, tho. +5*C and stupid wind.

Back to work w new boost of energy (slept thru almost whole weekend, didn't leave the house at all, unless tossing dog some leftovers from kebab counts), but I am really glad I took the weekend easy. I swear to God, this place really teaches you to stay calm when everything's changing every second, mini-screwups happen on every step etc. My brain loves  this job, nerves - not so much Big grin

Have a bearable Monday everyone!!

Edit: I got my new Salomon's and obviously want to have some training runs before trail races. None of the routes around my place are 100% trail; it's at least partially road. Running w Salomons on road "sections" = ?  Seriously have no experience w this.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina, depending on the tread depth you can do road running with trail shoes.  Sometimes they help with cushioning unless the tread is deep.  Which Salomon's did you get?  I'm doing the rail trail here in my Saucony Peregrines.  They are a trail shoe but work well on crushed limestone.

Lizzie...as an auditor...not matching is such a red flag.  As is obvious tampering with documents.  We want the originals and if they appear to be "off" some how we get nosy at that point.  Sorry about the PF...one reason I'm so cautious about ramping up my miles as I think that and the shoes were contributing factors when I got mine.  Now I'm OCD about rotating different types of shoes (Altra, Topo, Hoka).

Weather report: 57/64 partly cloudy, winds NW 16 mph with a 10% chance of rain.  Now as to what to wear...sigh.  The TM at home is at least easy...as little as possible as it gets hot in my home office area.

Ended up with just the 20 miles for the week.  Sunday did my normal house chores then we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, drop off some clothes at Goodwill, and then go to Home Depot.  All in not much going on this weekend.  Finished watching the Longmire series on Netflix.  I read the books and was not impressed with the series.  Now we get to watch Stranger Things.

Now I'm off for more coffee.

Kilmisters

Diane, I got Salomon SpeedCross4 - these ones. As for Netflix, I don't think there has been any movie/TV series better than book. Any. It's always disappointment, unless you perceive it as potential for laughing/entertainment from the get-go.

More coffee here too... NHL watching has had its effect.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina...here is the Peregrine...notice the difference in tread height https://www.saucony.com/en/peregrine-7/27459W.html?dwvar_27459W_color=S10359-1

Most of mine are more like the Peregrine than your SpeedCross as I don't typically run on technical terrain.  You can use yours on the "pavement" type areas but if it's wet be careful of slipping.  The larger tread is great for gripping.  If it's muddy tho the mud can build up in those treads.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 and weights tonight.

Liz, nice run.

Elina, hoping the coffee helps.

Diane, that's warm for me so tank and shorts is what I would wear.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I came in to work to a non functioning coffee machine. Great way to start the day. It is now working. Whew, I couldn't work under those awful conditions.

Seloc

Karen – ooof, those race conditions sound TOUGH!  Especially so early in the season – no opportunity to adjust to that dewpoint.  How was the St. Pat’s party?  What a fun neighborhood you have!

Ginny – nice hills!  And deadlifts AND shoulders!  Dang.  No doubt all this work you’ve been putting in with the trainer is equating to faster miles.  Mmmm on your Saturday dinner.  I went out and got myself a Reuben.  It was SOOOOO good!   Hope the trip to the mall was successful.

Lizzie – you don’t like Reubens?  Oh boy, I had the best one ever on Sat.  I don’t get them often but man was it good.  Probably because I was STARVING.  Glad work wasn’t too horrible this weekend.  Laughing at HCBFs purchases haha.  Thought of him yesterday when I was at Target and was VERY tempted to buy the fresh popped popcorn!  Ugh on the screw in the tire.  Ahhhhhhh your weather sounds amazing.  We hit 50 on Sat for about 10 min – first one all year.  About 2 weeks later than normal.  Nice run this morning!

Gatsby – what a cute pic of you and DH and your snazzy tights.

Carol – hey long run twin – woohoo!  Yep, I ran mine solo.  My favorite RB is injured.  Super speedy RB was begging to run but no way.  She always SAYS she will run my pace but it NEVER happens.  She wasn’t pleased but, oh well.  18 with her woulda killed me.

Kat – hey, your Orangemen killed my bracket!  Wow, long ass day for sure on Sat.  BBQ sounds good.  I’m starving this morning for some reason.

Lisa – awesome trail miles!  And the lots of food and drink after sounds super fab.  So happy the ribs are on the mend.

Damaris – oh.  My.  Gosh.  That looks like the HARDEST 21 miler EVER.  All those fast miles AND on a dreadmill to boot??  Holy cats, girl.  You rock.

Laura – great racing yesterday!  Speedy 8K.  And how super sweet of you to run with the 4th grader.  Jealous of your outing to the brewery!  How fun.

Elina – omg that’s a lot of caffeine.  My armpits would be sweating!  LOL  Was really happy to hear you had a nice and restful low key weekend – you deserve it with everything you juggle!  How’s mini-K doing?  Any new tricks?

Diane – sounds like a productive weekend!  Weather sounds pretty good for your race, too.

HCK – WHEW – crises averted on the coffee maker!!

4 1/2 mi yesterday and same today.  Moved rest day to Wed since I need to be to work early again.  Legs were tired today and I have some weird niggle behind my left knee.  I suspect I need to stretch/foam roll that IT band.  It’s been pulling and I can feel the lack of cartilage on the inside (from knee surgery 30 years ago).  Nothing major, just annoying.

Had a pretty great weekend!  Hit up the LRS Sat afternoon and then grabbed a big ol’ Reuben at a place down the street from there.  Met up with injured RB for coffee yesterday morning.  Felt soooo indulgent to have that time with her but super great to catch up since she’s not running right now.  Otherwise I watched a WHOLE lot of basketball.  Wow, March Madness is living up to it’s name. Huge upsets.  Yep, my bracket is busted.  Volleyball practice this afternoon.  Cheers to a good Monday!!

Anonymous Guest

Remember that good mood I was in last week? I want that back. I am tired and grumpy. Maybe the good weather with super low dew point (like in the 40s!) the next couple days will help. Friday morning I fly to Portland, so I'm excited about that, but it's supposed to rain the whole time I'm there. And of course my anxiety is starting to kick in already since I don't know anybody and don't know what to expect. Bringing tons of running clothes. It's also supposed to be pretty cold while I'm there - I forget it still gets cold in other places! Also now have to figure out what shoes I'm going to wear for the actual conference - if it's only going to be in the 40s outside, people will probably look at me funny if I'm wearing flip flops even though we're inside.

Parents are still at Mayo. They actually admitted him for a few days. He's out now, but still up there for a couple more days for more testing. I'm worried. I was tentatively planning on a weekend home in June, now wondering if I should look earlier. I tossed and turned all night last night.

Party Saturday night was alright. Love the people hosting, but a lot of the people there were so much younger than us and we don't seem to have a lot in common. We both sat there fascinated listening to this conversation about deer hunting that went on forever. We only stayed for a couple hours. But this dog, y'all. He is so set in his ways for someone that isn't even two years old yet. It's okay and normal when we leave during the day, but we left him home alone at night for two whole hours! The horror! When we got home he was so goofy, and as soon as I sat down he was on my lap, where he curled up and fell asleep. I have another neighborhood thing tomorrow night.....I'm sure the reaction will be the same.

I need to get out and run a few miles today. I'm going to try to get a long run in on Wednesday this week since my weekend will be booked with conference stuff. I think I'll have time for a decent run Sunday afternoon, just hoping for decent weather.

Liz, it's good to be back to normal mileage, isn't it? How did you like the Triumphs? And as for things not matching up on audits.......serves them right if they're trying to forge things/get away with stuff. In my experience, if you've done something wrong or don't have paperwork you're supposed to, the best thing to do is just suck it up and say so. Trying to "fix" after the fact is a much worse thing to do. I'm guessing they're worried about something like ISO certification being in a secure facility? I remember how big of a deal audits were at my last job for just that reason.

Elina, slept through the weekend AND four cups of coffee? Look out world! Glad you had a relaxing weekend, I think you needed it.

Diane, forecast sounds hot to me, so probably sounds pretty good to you! I'm with D, I'd be in a tank and shorts. But I know you will need more than that.

Damaris, seriously nice job on that workout yesterday. It was a little bit evil, but I knew if anyone could pull it off, you could. And spot on with all the paces. Enjoy the short easy run today.

HCK, non-functioning coffee machine???? The horror. I'm glad it's fixed or that would be one scary workplace today.

Sandy, I haven't watched much of the tournament but have been following. UMBC wrecked a lot of people's brackets, and that was just the beginning. Lots of upsets. Even back when my team (Illinois) was good, they seemed to fall in a lot of first-round upsets. Yet I'd always pick them to go far, so my bracket never did well. I should start doing them again now that IL sucks and doesn't even make the tournament - maybe sentimentality wouldn't get in my way and I'd have better luck. Fantastic long run for you this weekend! Mmmmm, Reuben sandwich.

Okay, grumpy Karen says not going back to the weekend posts, so this is all you get from me this morning. I need to get moving. Running then groceries. And if I'm still grumpy, maybe I'll ride my bike - that usually gets my endorphins going.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I’ve been trying out my new shoes on the TM. They seem fine. The new fabric in the shoes makes a difference in how they hold the heat generated by the feet. The feet definitely get warmer quicker. It’s almost like a knitted kind of fabric, very different from the 2017s. I’m not taking them outside until I’m sure they’ll be ok.

Friday I did a 40 minute cardio workout here at home, plus some yoga.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday I went out later in the afternoon and ran the trail for 45 minutes. This was one of the first warmer days so many people were out walking and exercising the dogs. Oh, I saw the Great Blue Heron standing tall over in the protected area. Quite an impressive and statuesque bird.

I’m going to grab a snack and dash out the door to the trail. 

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Nice weekend for me, I did get out and run 2 miles on Saturday afternoon.  It was in the mid-40's and sunny, I couldn't resist.    The run was OK, foot was a little sore afterwards but it was fine yesterday.  That's an improvement, the last time I ran my foot was sore for about 3 days.  Yesterday it was close to 60, we went for a short hike in the woods.  Snow is predicted for this weekend, right before our last 5K.  Foot is feeling decent today.  DH was out for St Pat's from 9 in the morning until 8:30 at night.  This introvert would not have survived.  

Lizzie, sorry about the PF flaring up.  Go away!  I remembered what you said about the Rides giving you issues, so I used my Wave Riders.    Hope the tire is OK.  Too bad that they didn't tell you that the finished up the work early!   Sounds like you got the rest that you needed.  I was at Kohl's twice over the past week.  I didn't buy anything for myself though, got stuff for the kids.    I got Kohl's cash so now I have to go back!  We are going to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon/Zion for vacation.  The kids are super excited, they packed this weekend.  

Hi Elina!  I have those Salomons, mine might be an older model.  I actually don't use them much, I just wear my Saucony Peregrine's most of the time.  I have the same issue, the trails I ran weren't that technical and I had to run on pavement to get to the trails by my house.  My RB has the Salomons and loves them!  He wears them on the same trails that I run on, so they must be OK for some pavement.

Diane, I guess that is one benefit of running outdoors, you generally have a good idea what to wear.    10% chance of rain sounds good!  20 miles the week before your race is respectable.  

Damaris, awesome TM workout!  That sounds like one that would be fun, I like to constantly switch things up on the TM.  Well, as fun as 21 on the TM can be.  

Sandy, it sounds like there were a lot of upsets this weekend!  We saw the end of the Purdue game when we stopped for lunch.  Nice 18!

Laura, nice 8k!  Sounds like a fun 5K too.

Margaret, nice tights!  

Ginny, hope the shopping was fun!  Nice 5!

Kat, wow that sounds like a stressful drive!  That BBQ sounds awesome.

Lisa, nice 21 mile hike/run.  

Karen, sounds like a really tough 10K.  Food looked good though!     That St Pat's party sounds like it was awesome, haha.  Yeah, it's still cold in other places.  It may feel refreshing.    I hope there is some good news about your dad.

Carol, nice 18 for you too!

Tessa, glad you got your race results issue sorted.

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Karen my Chuck will do that...he's a pit mix and is like glue.  Weekdays are fine but weekend nights...omg.  He's going to not be a happy dog this weekend with me gone Fri, Sat and getting back later on Sun...even tho DH will be home.

Damaris...no way I could do a tank and shorts...I'll probably do capris and a SS shirt.  Gotta remember I'm not a fastie like you all so I don't generate much in the way of heat.  And with the wind I'll probably be cool.

Kilmisters

Thanks for advice on the shoes; I'll start w trying to walk w those on pavement (say, to work) and see what happens Smile

Sandy, miniK is doing great; whatever happens - she is smiling! And what's interesting - she can only fall asleep if there is noise around. Complete silence never works. Yesterday she fell asleep in my arms while I was watching NHL Smile I hear March Madness is a big deal in US (college sports generally is), but it's never been a thing in Europe, so... But glad to see Minnesota Wild sitting comfortably in a play-off spot Smile

Karen, that's a generalization, of course, but I think post-race moods inevitably include grumpiness in general... By the way, I am thinking about my autumn half-marathon and considering asking your help w training plan... I know exactly what and how I did preparing for my PB HM, but would not mind trying smth new.

Cathy, laughing about introvert limitations! Too true!

Ran 10k work-home today (wwwwooo!) and after the quite long running break (and tons of coffee) it was a feeling of ''everything hurts and I am dying'' and ''top of the world'' at the same time Big grin Had a chance to throw the stupid joke ''I am literally running away from my work/problems'' to colleagues who hadn't heard that yet and they laughed more than they should have.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day today! I swear I have walked this campus 4x today. My feet hurt! I am wearing my uncomfortable flats..but they matched my outfit Smile

Heading to abs soon. Not looking forward to it..its a hard routine this week. The same as last week..and my abs were sore for 5 days after the class!  I guess thats good? Haha

Kilmisters – No snow for you yet huh? When does your Spring start? Same time as ours? Which would be tomorrow Smile  Glad you had a low key weekend! You of all people deserve that!! Woohoo AWESOME job on the 10K today! So wait. Autumn Marathon – did you get in the lottery that your friend entered you in???? As in the full 26.2?!

Diane – Oh yes, the auditors are getting very nosey. Makes me smile. Haha. I rotate my shoes too…I am trying not to stress out about it too much because I know it will go away on some random day. Stupid PF..never gives you an indication of when it comes and goes! I am so glad the rain chance is basically gone for your race! Woohoo! 57/64…that would be shorts and a tank top weather! You had a nice low key weekend, too! LOVE STRANGER THINGS!! You will be hooked!

Docket – Good luck on the 5 and weights. I would have taken a rest day after that run you ran yesterday Smile

Run4kupcakes – LOL. I would have left for the day.

Sandy – Nice miles this weekend and today! Hmm..sorry about the niggle. That’s a weird area to foam roll Smile Glad you had such a good weekend! Sounds perfect Smile I don’t watch basketball – but I know UVA caused quite the stir when they lost! LOL at your almost Target purchase. OMG you two would get along so well. Glad you told your fastie RB that you would run that long run on your own Smile  Your niggle might have been worse if you would have ran with her. Hope your Monday isn’t too bad Smile

Karen – I get anxiety before I go somewhere on my own and don’t know anybody or what to expect. I consider it a “growing” opportunity Smile  You’ll be tired of extroverting by the time you leave haha! Funny you mention that about the flip flops – HCBF’s dad is always in shorts and flip flops. Even if its snowing outside that is still his attire. He says its from the cold Milwaukee winters that our weather is always warm to him. If I were you…I would go see your dad earlier. Listen to your gut on this one. Let us know what they find out! I hope they just admitted him for precaution. LOL at Riley..awwww. The Triumphs were awesome! They are one of my go-to shoes. I don’t know if I would necessarily wear them for speed – but they are a good daily trainer. The auditors are finding issues with service reports and sign in/sign out logs. Engineering team should have just owned it! I bet they would have actually…it was Senior Leadership telling them otherwise. Hope a good run helps your mood!!

Judy – Nice workouts for you this weekend as usual. Hmm…feet are warmer?

Cathy – Yay for 2 miles!! And yay for less pain than the last time you ran! BIG improvement Smile I am hoping the 5K goes awesome.  Hopefully it isn’t too snowy Smile  9am to 8:30 at night?!?! I wouldn’t have lasted that long, either! OH YEAH – VEGAS!!! Duh Liz. I remember you talking about it, it just didn’t click when you mentioned it last week. How exciting! Is that the kids’ Spring Break? I didn’t buy anything at Kohls either..sometimes I notice they have better sales online! I like their “Apt 9” stuff for work. The blouses anyway. Are you going to wear the Wave Riders for the 5K?

Have a good night everyone!