Womens Running

Monday Morning Supermoms (Read 14 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: bootcamp + a 3-4 mile run this morning. It's still above freezing- yay!

TR: he was sick again when he woke from his nap- fever of 104 Sad  I don't know what's up, and I just want him better. If he still has a fever this morning, I'm calling the dr. He was great all weekend though.

NRR: slept like crap last night- woke up a bazillion times, and had to ask DH to roll over twice because he was snoring so loudly. I would have gotten up and slept on the couch if it wasn't so uncomfortable, or in the guest BR if we had heat in there. I will be napping today when R naps!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - marathon training cycle #9 starts today! 4 miles commercial fartleks, hopefully the resolutioners don't show up until 9 am.

TR - ate a piece of pizza.  He said he didn't like it..but hey, he ate a piece of pizza!

FR - chinese sausage fried rice

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 6k recovery. I need to get out before the rain starts!

TR - She was in heaven at IKEA yesterday, testing out all the furniture. She threw a tantrum when it was time to leave. There were a whole bunch of parents also leaving with tantruming toddlers slung over their shoulders, ha ha. She redeemed herself on the car ride home by singing "wheels on the bus" and "twinkle twinkle little star" with hand gestures the whole way, which was totally cute.

FR - Butternut squash, turkey and black bean burritos.

NRR - Would you believe our Christmas tree is still up? DH is refusing to take it down because "it's still so green and healthy, why would we toss it?" I don't know, because it's freaking January 13th??? I would run a stealth mission and take it down while he's at work, but this tree is like nine feet tall and four feet wide, so I'm not sure Ernie vs. Tree would end in my favour.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

RR:  SRD.  Ran 7 yesterday on my favorite loop.  Except for the part when I fell.  My knee is killing me today.

BR:  So full of smiles!

TR:  Got very upset last night when DH took the dog for a walk.  Was worried that he wasn't coming back.

NRR:  Meeting after work today regarding next years schedule.  Word has it they are making some big changes.  I hate scheduling, teaching in a non-core area you are always in limbo.  Oh well....I'm trying to roll with it.

NRR#2:  So when I fell yesterday, I hit my right wrist and my right knee.  Seriously was worried about my wrist as I continued on...it hurt really bad.  I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist that has returned after having it removed a few years ago.  Well, after hitting it on the ice/pavement yesterday, it seems to have gone down a bit.  Interesting.  Now it can disappear...it is just gross.

FR:  Chili.  Yum.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD.  Fell (while standing still) during my run yesterday, hard on my left hip and knee.  It feels bruised but not injured so that's good.  I'm trying out a free boot camp at our church tonight, my expectations are low - it's supposed to be for all levels, not sure if you can design a boot camp that will work me hard plus out of shape mothers... A couple friends are going, so it'll be fun regardless.

RR2 - that friend of my RP's who was supposed to run with us didn't show yesterday.  We were supposed to meet at 10:00, we waited till 10:10 and just left, she texted RP at 10:30 saying she had slept in?!!?  Oh to be single and childless... and rude.  Anyway, won't be inviting her again.

TR - first swim class today, gma is taking her this afternoon, and then taking her back home for supper, and will bring her back later - guess that means I probably won't see her today since I'm going out for 7.

BR - weighed her yesterday on the bathroom scale, 21 lbs, looked on the growth charts and that's over 50% - she was at 10% at her 1 year apt!!  Measured her height as best as I could on the wall and she's still at the bottom of the curve for height.  Maybe with her walking everywhere she'll shoot up and thin out a bit.

FR - slow cooker pot roast.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - it's above freezing here too!  Forecast is for it to be 60 by the weekend!  Awe, sucks that R was sick again yesterday.  I hope he's feeling better today.  Sucks that you had a bad sleep too, hope you get your nap.

zorbs - Woot for marathon 9!!  Did I read that you're going for sub 4:00 this time!?  What's the missasauga course profile like?  M doesn't like pizza either - weird kids.

ernie - HA, M loves Ikea too - we've never used the free play area because she likes just running around and trying things out.  LOL on the Christmas tree - that is some healthy tree, ours was dropping needles like crazy by the 25th, so was down on the 26th.

mer - BOOO to falling.  Aww, on thinking DH wasn't coming back, M just gets upset bc she wants to go too.

runninmer

rg - I hope you get a good nap today.  Poor R and his weird illness.  I would definitely call the doc as this has been going on for a while.  Hope he feels better!

zorbs - J has been eating more meat lately which has been great.  I think its crazy how picky of eaters these little ones can be.

ernie - My IL's still have their tree up too and it is gigantic.  I love IKEA.  It is a hike for us, so I won't get back for a while, but I very rarely regret my purchases from there.  S was super cute in the pic you took.

CAR - Good to hear I am not the only one who fell...not that I am glad you fell, but you know what I mean.  That is rude that the girl didn't show up.  Yeah, 10:30 in our house is almost naptime...sometimes H has already napped by then!  I hope boot camp is a good workout!

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

Bootcamp + a 5k run watching the sunrise- perfect start to the day!

CA: wow, that is rude! I wouldn't invite her again either yay for the growth, O! Ouch on the fall, hope your hip is ok.

Mer: hope th meeting goes well. Yikes on your fall, hope you're ok! Great job on the 7- is that your longest run post-H?

Ernie: S looked so cozy in that pic at Ikea lol. Enjoy your recovery run today!

Zorbs: R just ate his first piece of pizza ever at Xmas time. Yay for marathon #9!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

rg - Yep....7 is the longest so far.  Working my way back up to a half.  I had contemplated 8, but am glad I set out with 7 in mind after falling I just wanted to be done!

Upcoming Races: 

Erniegirl

rg - Oh no on R's fever! So strange that it came back after he seemed to be recovered. Hope he's better today or the doctor can figure out what's up. We're right at the freezing mark here, but it's still awesome compared to the temperatures last week! Enjoy your bootcamp and run.

zorbs - Are the resolutionists starting to dwindle yet? When I belonged to a gym, I remember being surprised that most did not even make it until the end of January. You'd think B would love pizza - so much carb-y goodness.

mer - Oh no on the fall! Icy roads? So weird about the disappearing cyst, but it'll be a nice side effect of the fall if it disappears completely!

CA - Ouch on the fall while standing still! How did that happen? Hopefully the bootcamp pleasantly surprises you. The free one I did last spring was actually quite good and I went in thinking it was going to be lame. All of O's eating has finally paid off  S had a similar huge jump in percentile size when she was 6 months - from 15th to 50th, and she's stayed at 50th ever since. We have always had spruce or fir trees in the past but this year we got a white pine and I think it's going to live forever!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - we had just stopped at some bathrooms, and were standing outside them getting organized to leave, I was standing on a glare piece of ice covered in a skiff of loose snow, suddenly my feet just starting slipping and there was nothing I could do.  It was dry pavement all around and I happened to pick the one tiny little area with glare ice...  go me.

beckykay

Morning!  Busy weekend, I worked Sat. afternoon so it didn't really feel like a weekend.  Long weekend coming up though.

ER:  Biking today.  Need to find a training plan.  If I just run what I feel like, I am not going to get anything accomplished Smile

KR:  Playdate after school!  Hooray I don't have to bring him to work today!

NRR:  DH is in trouble with the boss.  They called him into the office to have a meeting this morning.  Bosslady hates him for knowing more than her.  DH has all his ducks in a row if she tries to yell at him though.

FR:  rotisserie chicken and salad

beckykay

RG:  Poor R, I hope he feels better soon.  Also slept like crap last night, no nap time for us though.  I WISH my kid would nap sometimes.

Zorbs:  LOL, C loves pizza.  Its my go to when I can't find anything else he will eat.

Ernie:  Hahahahahaha, Ernie v. the tree.  That would not end well for sure.  Tell DH your going to set it on fire if he doesn't move it!

Mer:  Ack on the fall.  Weird on the cyst though.

CA:  WHAT?  10:30?  Is she still in college?

Ugh, need more coffee.....

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I hope you figure out what's wrong with R!

ernie - I feel like you should toss the Christmas tree into the ravine, maybe I am a heathen for wondering how you aren't tempted to toss everything over your balcony? lol today was the FIRST day the resolutionists showed up en masse (because last week it was too cold and icy to go to the gym, womp womp) and they will probably stick around until Feb. sometime.

mer - funny that you mention the whack on the pavement seems to have helped your cyst.  A long time ago I had a client with a ganglion cyst, and her mom would swear that hitting it with a Bible was the cure.

CA - yeah I'm going for sub 4, I have a personal pacer lined up (Robin B on DM) who is steadier than a clock, 3:34 PR and using Mississauga as a training run for a 50 miler.  Mississauga is net downhill, point to point, with 1 big hill at 10K and a couple of slow rollers past 30K.  I have run the Mississauga FM twice and PRed both times.  The Toronto marathon on the same day is also point to point, it has a crazy downhill in the first half and then flattens out and I find it difficult to pace..if you go out too hard on the downhills, of course you'll die at the end but if you hold back you "waste" the downhill. I've also run that one twice and PRed both times but it felt a million times harder. What a nutjob that chick turned out to be, I would not put up with that kind of bullshit.

becky - B will always eat ramen noodles and fries. :P  Did you see those holo pixiedust Zoyas? OMG I NEED THEM NOW.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4 miles with RP yesterday. Need to figure out my workout plan for the next couple of days since I have crap going on in the evenings. Oh and Patty/Heather will be proud, I ST'd with DH on Friday and enjoyed it, even though my legs burn when I go to sit on the toilet. Since I still have not regained my running mojo, I'm going to put an emphasis on ST and do it at least 2x a week, no more excuses. My mileage is probably going to suck, but I guess that doesn't matter as much if I'm not training for a half. I think I'm just going to stick with 5ks/10ks this spring if I race at all, and maybe do Bloomsday.

TR: Good boy this weekend. I'm always reminded that he's pretty chill and well behaved after I spend time with my niece and nephew. I had to get on my niece about running screaming at the top of her lungs through my house too many times, and they bashed up some of the trim in our house with the fidgeting and rowdiness.

FR: Homemade chili last night, so good! Need to thaw more meat, maybe leftovers tonight?  DH said he thought my cooking was good before, but its even better with the new stove. He had kinda balked at how much I wanted to spend on the stove, but now I think he's seeing it justified Smile

NRR: SO, I went and dug through my clothes bins in the attic and couldn't find the shirt I planned on wearing to the banquet. I must have given it away when I did that clothing swap last year Sad So annoyed. I have 3 options in my closet from years past, I suppose nobody will remember my top because they were too drunk. I've looked online, and it seems like everything is really baggy tops with leggings/skinny jeans and its just not my style. I like to wear close fitting/cleaveage tops to the banquet. Trying to decide if I should just save $ and rewear one of the 3 tops, or look around online and pay extra for fast shipping.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07