Womens Running

What? Wednesday? (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

How is it only Wednesday?! HOW?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.2 easy miles for me! I did these outside Smile

Great run! Felt really good out there today for some reason. i went outside and behaved! Smile I couldnt pass up a 35 degree morning. Tomorrow morning it is going to be pouring rain so I think I really am going to do the treadmill. I bought it a month ago and haven't used it yet  I only have to do 3-4 tomorrow so it shouldnt be too bad. Then training will be done..yay!!

I was hoping for some news yesterday but nope. I am beating myself up about it now and being very mean to myself. I just need to stay busy at work today. I have audits to do so that should help.

I had crazy engagement dreams again last night! This time with someone I worked with YEARS ago. No emotional connection at all. And the ring was so ugly. LOL. WTH.

Sandy - I am glad you had a great birthday! Holy crap that is a lot of sushi! And a great deal!! You should have had a beer anyway Smile Who would have known? I really don’t find sushi to be too expensive..as long as the rolls are good it is worth it to me. I found a place near the race so I hope its good! I also made a list of cupcakes I wanted and gave it to HCBF..haha. That cupcake place at the beach was really good! I hope he stops by on his way home Smile Did you have cake?! Have you been to IHop? I think the only good thing they have is pancakes Smile 

Tessa - Oh my gosh! Your schedule is making me dizzy! You should have taken a day off Monday just to recoup! Wow. I hope you are resting when you can..with that schedule, I would be exhausted by race day!

Run4kupcakes - Good job pushing through the miles. I decided I didn’t like the shoes I was wearing on yesterdays run either. Not that I don’t like them but I think they are worn out now. Time to throw them away! Hate it when that happens.

Margaret - LOL at your picture!! I never knew birds liked ice cream Wink Now I want ice cream.

Here I am with tons of time on my hands! 

Happy Wednesday!

LC Runs

Good Morning, we've made it to Wednesday, thank goodness!!

3.1 after work yesterday.  Am planning 4 after work today - I am trying to break up with my TM LOL!!

Lizzie - hope you hear some good news about the other job soon, so frustrating having to wait!  Ha ha on the dream, maybe it means something with HCBF will happen sooner rather than later!!  I told BF I wanted some bling for our 10 year anniversary in April, we are not planning on getting married anytime soon but in 10 years I have never gotten any jewelry from him!

Ugh, no news on the work front, they did one interview last week and have another one scheduled for Monday.  Luckily, I have not gotten any new referrals so my schedule is pretty light at the moment.  So, I'm either bored or drowning.  Bleh.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday the weather was improving so I went out onto the trail. There was a lot of standing water and part of the park was flooded by the river. However, the trail was clear so I got in 50 minutes running. There is also another place where the river floods over the trail. It will take a while for that to recede. It makes a good turnaround point though.

Today I will run outside! Temperatures are improving. I am off to start a big crock pot of beef vegetable soup.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

ARG Tessa for some reason the Hoka site won't pull up for me.  Darn it.  I'll keep trying.  Thanks for the tip.  I saw the size 7's on Amazon and the price there was $400 ....NO WAY in he** I'm paying that kind of money for shoes.  I did get some Altra's on sale.

Been incredible busy doing a kind of audit of some financial statements...hopefully will be done soon.

Did 5 on the TM last night.  Still trying to decide what to do Sat and Sun mileage wise...Sat I have a massage at 9, Sun meeting DD for lunch...thinking I can get 10 on Sat and 10 on Sun along with Thur's 5 for a 30 mile week and then figure out what to do for the 3 weeks prior to the 50k.  I'm kind of winging the training.  I don't do speed work but would love to get outside for some hill work soon.  If only it would stop raining for a little while and warm up some.  Spring in OK is difficult.

Lizzie I'll keep fingers crossed you hear something soon about the job. I have had a TM for years now and for the longest time it just sat there. I've only used it consistently for the last 3 years.

Laura, hope you get someone hired soon.

Hello everyone!

Seloc

Gatsby – LOL your birds are SOOOOO funny!  OMG that picture cracked me up!!

Thanks, Laura!  OMG cracking up at you breaking up with your dreadmill.  Yes, do it!  It makes me GIDDY how light it is in the mornings now!!  Ooooh, might we have another engagement on these boards??  SUPER EXCITING!!  Bored or drowning – ugh.  Happens a lot to me, too.

HCK – OMG yikes on the driver not wanting to stop at a stop sign!  And a shouting match??  Talk about an asshat.  Yikes.  Nice miles, sluggish or not!  Are these new shoes you aren’t liking?  That stinks – hope you can return them?

Tessa – what in the HECK time did you have to get up to get to Phnx by 8am??  OMG your schedule exhausts me just reading it!!  Your race is in FL??  Somehow I missed that.  Safe travels!!

Lizzie – haha, I agree – HOW is it only Wed?  Good girl only going 5 outside!  Hey, that’s karma on buying the dreadmill and not having to use it, yet!  That’s kinda what I’m afraid of.  If I finally ever pull the trigger, we will have a bunch of warm winters haha.  Awwww, sweets, no negative self talk!  You are AWESOME.  And if this gig doesn’t work out it just means there is something BETTER out there!  Oh, and I meant to comment yesterday when you said “9mi on a Tues” – yep, RARE for me!  I was channeling my inner Lizzie hee hee.  No cake yesterday.  One of the guys at work is 50 today (NOT the stinky one) so I brought in a cake.  I’m usually not that nice but, I like this guy and I like cake!  But, he’s WFH today so we are saving it for tomorrow haha.  I did, however, already have a donut that someone else brought it.  It was my favorite (glazed old fashioned) so I couldn’t pass it up!  I have maybe been to an IHOP once?  Can’t remember – wasn’t impressed.  Pancakes are only okay to me.  LOL on the dream!

Hi Judy!

Diane - $400 for shoes??  Oh my.  Congrats on the 5 last night.

Rest day most likely over here.  Kind of a TURD?  One of my good friends came to watch the volleyball last night and took me out for a beer after.  Gramma didn’t get home until after 10pm!  Pretty easy to convince myself it’s okay to skip a 4/5miler.  Today’s the kinda day I wish I could run at lunch but I'm in the office - no shower and I can't get away with a sponge bath.

Volleyball was as expected – didn’t win one game but I’m already seeing improvement!  OMG they are either bouncing around or up in the clouds.  Then there are the tears – the girl that had the meltdown last week forgot her jersey.  League rule she can’t play.  Oh the tears!  Then the other with new ear piercings kept freaking out the holes closing.  I had to just ignore that – gave her the option – wear the earrings and don’t play or take them out and play.  13 girls now!  They make my head spin.  But, I was still chuckling laying in bed last night LOL  Have a great day!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

It feels like it should be at least Thursday.    I'm watching the webcast of our company's quarterly meeting.  No sound though.  Ha, you think that a technology company would be able to figure out how to do a webcast.    Almost 60 degrees yesterday afternoon, nice dog walk with some jogging.  We were walking down the sidewalk with my friend's dogs and there was a HUGE German Shepherd running right towards us.    My friend's dogs are generally pretty good with other dogs unless the other dog shows aggression.  We quickly crossed the street, the dog followed us.  DD took the smaller dog back across the street and I kept walking.  I figured better to keep the big dog by me and away from DD!  Luckily the German Shepherd was mostly interested in some butt sniffing.    The owner lived around the corner and whistled and the dog went back. 

DH's proposal on the Great Wall - I think I told this story before but it was a while ago, he almost dropped the ring down a Chinese squatty potty.    He had been carrying the ring in a fanny pack (they were cool back then, haha), and was transferring it to the ring box for the actual proposal.  The toilet was a large basin that was flush to the floor with a big drain hole.  Well, he dropped the ring and it started bouncing around the basin.  He caught it before it went into the drain!

Lizzie, if it was up to us you would totally have that other job!  Aww, don't be mean to yourself!  Good for you for behaving on your run!    More crazy engagement dreams?  With an ugly ring?  lol.  I am wearing flats today.  Yesterday I wore sneakers!  They were dark purple so they didn't look too much like running shoes.  

Laura, you definitely deserve some nice jewelry!  Sorry that your job is blah.

Diane, $400 for shoes is a bit unreasonable.  

Sandy, I love your VB coaching adventures.    Kids that age are awesome.  Haha, no turds on your bday week.  You can do whatever you want.     The China trip was nice, we went to see my friend get married, she had a wedding here and also one in Beijing.  She met her husband in WI.  DH and I flew into Hong Kong and stayed there for awhile (my mom is from Hong Kong), then flew to Xian to see the Terracotta warriors.  Then we joined the wedding tour group in Beijing.  It was a great trip!  If you go with a tour group it is pretty sanitized, concentrating on shopping, tourist locations and tourist restaurants with food similar to Chinese food in the US.  When we were on our own we had a tour guide to ourselves and we asked her to take us to some local restaurants.  Much more enjoyable!  Why eat American Chinese food when you are in China?    We found a small Mongolian restaurant in Beijing that didn't get a lot of tourists, they were super nice.  DH had a Chinese-English pocket dictionary and they thought it was the coolest thing.  We left a big tip for them (the food was super inexpensive) and the waitress ran after us when we left, she thought we left money on the table!  We eat there a few times and the last time we left them the dictionary.    We went to China a second time to adopt older DD, but we stayed in Guangzhou the whole time due to the adoption paperwork, etc.  My parents went with us on that trip, my dad is from there.

Margaret, I did not know that birds ate ice cream.  

Tessa, wow, busy schedule!  No dry February for you?    Hope you are holding that cold off.

Karen, wow, nice run!  Sounds like decent race weather!

Damaris, glad that hubby is doing well!

Ginny, I finished "The Music Shop" this weekend.  It was really cute!  I still have lots of vinyl, so I can relate.  I have about 5 books on hold at the library to pick up with all the recommendations from here!  

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy your China trips sound incredible.  I'd love to go there someday.  My dream was to go to Hong Kong and get silk dresses made that actually fit me.

Anonymous Guest

I'm having a lazy morning because my new running shoes finally came in yesterday so I want to go pick them up and run in them today and tomorrow (I decided to take a rest day Friday instead of today). Assuming no issues with them, I'd rather use the new ones for the marathon than the pair I'm currently running in with 325 miles on them. The store doesn't open until 10. Of course now it's 10:30 and the weather says it's already 80 outside. Sigh. I guess the weather will at least make sure I keep the pace easy.

Watching people on fb post about getting into NYCM or hoping to get into NYCM today. And that made me look up the qualifying standards, because as hard as I try to accept being slower than I was a few years ago, it still sucks. Being 50 is awesome - my half in January would get me in. It jumps from 1:42 for 45-49 to 1:49 for 50-54. Shallow as it seems, that makes it easier for me in my head to accept slowing down. Which is kinda dumb, as I have no interest in running NYCM again.

Cathy, I just got on the waiting list at my library for The Music Shop - thanks. I liked The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, also by that author, so I will probably like that one. OMG on DH almost losing the ring down the squatty potty!

Liz, don't be hard on yourself. I don't know if you realize just how awesome we all think you are. If the new job doesn't pan out, it's not you, it's them. Nice run today, as usual.

Laura, longer days, almost daylight savings time, I think it's about time to break up with your TM!

Judy, glad the weather is improving and you were able to get outside.

Diane, $400? Um, no. Your weekend plan sounds good to me.

Sandy, I am just laughing at your girls and their first game. I would so not want to go back in time and be that age again!

Okay, I better get a move on. Now it's almost 11. I keep getting distracted. I need to go get my shoes and then stop by Home Depot for some weed and feed for the lawn. And then run very very very slowly in the hot and humid.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Wednesday indeed...

Damaris, how is DH??????  Saw the surgery went well, is he recovering comfortably?

Lizzie, thinking good thoughts to you on the job.  Hey, they haven't said NO, so you are definitely a strong candidate to them.  Funny about your dream.  Did you say yes??

Laura, no jewelry?  It is time.

Judy, you always make the best sounding meals.

Diane, good luck getting some affordable shoes.  Hope your weekend goes well milage wise.

Sandy, I liked the ending of TIU.  VB sounds like a hoot.

Cathy, OMG - too funny (or is it scary) about the ring.  How sweet where he proposed.

Karen, it's been a bit warm and HUMID as heck here.  I have been checking my CC to see if if a charge from the NYCM goes through.

Margaret, Tessa, and Lisa - I posted two silly thoughts on the Pinelands thread.  Check it out.

Weird ass dreams last night... Need to shower and figure out lunch...

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Thanks for the good wishes.  We are home!

I'll do shoutouts later today after a nap.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This day got crazy quick!! AHHH! Flying by real quick to check in....

Laura – LOL about breaking up with the TM! Its almost that time where you will most likely be running outside all the time  Smile I can’t believe your BF has never gotten you jewelry! That is like, the easiest gift for a girl ever! Glad your schedule is light since they haven’t found a replacement. Hopefully soon!

Judy – Have a good run! MMMM soup sounds good!

Diane – I feel your pain on the rain. Its been a very wet February! Nice miles last night! If it were me I would shoot for 10 both days this weekend. You would probably have a great run/walk after a massage! And after a nice yummy lunch.

Sandy – LOL sponge bath. HAHA. You know some of the engineers onsite go up and do weight sets during lunch and then don’t shower? We have showers in the gym facility but they don’t use them for some reason. I hope they know that they smell. LOL. Wow, you were up past your bedtime!!  Smile Glad the team is improving but I was laughing out loud at the tears and complaints. HAHA. Good for you for hanging in there. I may have lost my cool  Smile Awe, sweet of you to get a cake for your co-worker. I have to know – what kind?! Glazed old fashioned doughnut is my favorite also. I do like the ones with chocolate icing and sprinkles of course.  Smile Enjoy your rest day! Cathy made a good point – no TURDS on birthday week Smile

Cathy – OMG on dropping the ring! I bet his stomach dropped haha. He might have almost pooped his pants. LOL. Oh no on the German Shepherd! Maybe he just wanted to play  Smile Yes, the ring was ugly..there wasn’t even a diamond on it! LOL. Just weird. Would you go back to China?? That’s a lonnnggg flight! Hey, not having sound might be a good thing on a meeting  Smile I wish I could mute mammal.

Karen – Retirement = lazy mornings. You can have those whenever you want! Yay for the new shoes! They came in right on time. Your “slowing down” is still speedy in my book. Enjoy the humid run..yuck.

Kathryn – What is with the weird dreams?!?! Yes, I said yes but I made the guy return the ring and get me a different kind. I remember going to the jewelry store but we couldn’t find the ring section. Very odd. I didn’t realize you entered the lottery!!!

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket - Glad to hear DH is doing well!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Just heard from the woman I interviewed with - her manager wants to have a phone conversation with me either Friday or Monday. Geez. Talk about nerves!

Anonymous Guest

Liz, that's great news! Obviously they are trying hard to make sure the person they hire fits in well and is the right person for the job. After going from a job you liked to the same job with mammal, you know how important that is. So just be you, and it will go great.

Kat, I read your post over on the Pinelands thread....I wish I was going! If you do shirts, look at Custom Ink, that's who I used for our neighborhood shirts. They were really easy to use, prices were reasonable and I think their standard turnaround time is a week or less. Can get even faster if you pay for expedited shipping. I found a shirt that had different options (short sleeve, tank, men's women's, etc.) so everyone could get what they liked running in. They even had a designer type person look at my design and offer suggestions. Looking for a picture......

I guess I should be telling you all this in the Pinelands thread, oops.

Docket, glad you guys are home and that everything went well.

I picked up my shoes and ran 5 easy miles. The weather was hot and humid, but the shoes were magical. They are just a new pair of Waveriders (they didn't have any in my size so had to order) but they feel so much better. I'll wear them again for a short run tomorrow and assuming they cause no problems, I'm wearing them for the marathon Saturday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel