Womens Running

Wee We Weekend. (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Can't give up on the (Over 40) piece.  Or the alliterations.

Going out for a couple hour run with run buddy who is also going to join us tomorrow on Potto!

Carol-you may learn a new meaning of slow but if your goal is to complete 20 on Potto and feel good then I'm sure this will occur tomorrow. I'm hoping that we do the full loop, not 10 twice, so that we can show you Jurassic Park and the Deliverance sections. There really isn't that much to them but when all the rest is trees, rocks, roots they are landmarks.  Remember to bring bug spray (more for the illusion of eliminating them), towel and change of clothes for after our dip in the lake.  You really don't need sunscreen since we are in the woods so much but probably a good idea.  Love our deep woods!!  We will hit the big water pump about half way around so should be good with hydration packs on. I'll bring deer fly tape in case we need it so would recommend wearing a hat if that is a somewhat standard option.  Can't exactly tape it to a visor back. They haven't been bad this year so far but I don't know at this point.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Excited about tomorrow!!!  Yes, we are in for the 20 mile loop.  Especially now that you are enticing me with seeing Jurassic park and Deliverance!   I will pass it on about hats, I don't think any of the group typically wears hats tho.  I only wear visors Sad  Will see what I can do.

Crazy week here, was supposed to run The Crim this am (10 mile race), would have to leave home at 5:30, but didn't feel great last night, so decided to bail on that, as have 20 on Sunday, and didn't want to crash and burn on The Potto trail....

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 today. Now puppy pool

Tessa not sure. I haven't seen super moms on any of the other pages.  Our neighborhood pool is a fair size. we'd never put in our own pool. Too much work.

Lisa it will be hard to give up the over 40

Good luck Carol

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My husband gave me his cold, boo.  6 miles tonight.

Lisa, enjoy the run.  Is it with our mutual friend?

Carol, sorry you are feeling under the weather.  Enjoy the 20 tomorrow!

Marjorie, nice job on the 10ish.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning!  Maybe our over-40 fabulousness scared off the others?  I'm drinking coffee and taking it easy this morning, then going up to the expo for Santa Rosa Marathon.  Any other racers this weekend?

Carol, Lisa -- sounds like you're planning a fantastic run for Sunday.  (Except for the deer flies.  Hopefully they aren't too bad.)

Marjorie, hope the pups enjoy the pool.  Is the purple octopus still there?

Damaris, boo on the cold.  Hopefully it goes away soon.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Checking in. Lisa and Carol, enjoy the run on Potto!

Marjorie, the issue with jumping in the association pool after a run is you have to put your suit on. That would be the attraction for me for a pool in the back yard -- shed clothes all the way through the house and jump in, or just leap in fully clothed (except shoes).

Gatsby, are you doing Santa Rosa or just checking out the expo?

Damaris, boo on the cold.

No run this morning. We had to get up and get Dear Niece to the airport, then we went to the Renaissance festival. That was fun. Now we need to find the post office, a credit union, and Target, then go meet up with a couple of runango ladies for dinner. Flying out early tomorrow morning.

damaris- Katie is my partner in grime. We run together pretty much at least once a week. carol will get to meet her tomorrow. How cab you be cold in Miami? 

Carol- I hear we are past the sEason.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

I haven't run in 3 days! Stupid foot. I predict a lot of cycling and very little running the next three weeks. Hopefully won't affect my goal marathon too much. And I have nice flat marathons scheduled for December (Rehoboth) and January (Charleston), so if I don't get my sub-3:30, I'll pick one of those two to try again. I did do Pilates today and a short spin on the bike to determine whether or not it would hurt the foot.

We got back from Houston yesterday around 11:30, then I went back up to the airport and picked up my sister at 2:30. She's in town visiting this weekend and we're running the Annapolis 10 Miler tomorrow. I'm hoping a nice easy pace won't hurt as much as if I tried to race it.

Lisa and Carol, have a fun time tomorrow!

Tessa, loved your trip report the other day. Cracked me up.

We're putting a pool in at the new house for just that reason Tessa. I don't know that I've ever used the neighborhood pool, but the thought of taking off running or cycling shoes and jumping in is quite nice.

Gatsby, we are quite fabulous, aren't we? What distance are you racing (assuming you're racing) tomorrow?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa I didn't put on a suit. Running shorts and sports bra were fine. They wouldn't have tried to stop me.

Karen. Poor foot. Hope it heals.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

6 with hubby done.  I napped for an hour before I ran so my cold didn't make me feel too tired.  And I'm on Antibiotics for what I think it's a UTI that was giving me a sore groin/abdomen.  Today, I have no soreness/pain.  Hope it is that way.

Gatsby, send me some of that weather pronto!  Are you running the race?  If so, good luck!

Tessa, fly safe!

Lisa, I have a cold, I'm not cold!  Ha  I wish I was cold.

Karen, sorry about the foot.

Have a great night, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good race swag at the expo, including a bottle of wine for each runner. We'll save ours for another time. I'll be running the marathon tomorrow, hoping to keep up with the 4:10 pacer but we'll see.

Tessa, safe travels tomorrow.

Karen, have a great 10-miler.   Hopefully the wonky foot cooperates!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby-have a great time!  4:10 is certainly a great time!!  I'd be happy with 5:10 at this point. LOL  Enjoy the marathon!

Damaris-Hope you stay well feeling.

Marjorie-we go into the lakes after our trail runs.  Its a good thing they don't test for salt levels after.  LOL

Karen-PF is evil.  I'm sure that you're doing all the right stuff like icing it and rolling it.  Hope it improves.

Tessa-you are having quite the adventure!  and you deserve it!

Carol-good choice on not trying to run Crim in the heat then 20 tomorrow.  It always feels more like an adventure to do the entire loop vs 2 shorter ones.

Ended up doing 7.3 this morning.

DD was in a Quincera court today.  They've been practicing their dances since mid June.  Twin girls from her high school.  Probably toned down compared to some out there but still nice to learn some of the traditions as they went through the different parts of the dances. Then over to stepson's house for grandson's 7th bday party, then grocery store.. and now bed.  Ready for 20 tomorrow.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Very nice pictures, Lisa

ran 12.5. Glad to have a mild breeze today. That helped.

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!

Gatsby, I hope the earthquake didn't impact your area-it sounded pretty bad.  Good luck on your race!

Tessa, I really enjoyed your trip report!  Lots of good and bad news but it sounds like the good prevailed.

Lisa and Carol, I hope you have a great 20 today! and I hope there are no deer flies.

Lisa, I love the photo. It's so cool that your dd to get that cultural exposure.

Marjorie, the pool dip sounded refreshing after the heat there.

Cindy, how did school go for your junior high kiddo? Has he started or just had the open house. BTW,  it's great that you're hanging in with your training plan in the heat.

Demaris, I hope you feel better!

Karen, you're full of news!  Congrats on the house!  Good luck on the 10 miler and with the PF.  The pic of you and sis is great.

My allergies flared  while I was in GA and with the lost sleep/jet lag, I felt rotten and  did almost nothing W, TH and F.  I got a steroid injection on Friday and feel much better! Miracle meds. I used to refuse them due to side effects, but they speed up my recovery so much, I take them now.  I did a great hike yesterday in the Chugach Mtns and picked a quart of our tart AK blueberries. We're hoping to do Lost Lake on Tues. It's supposed to be the one of the most beautiful trails here and we've wanted to do it forever, but keep getting rained out. I'm going out for at least 4 this afternoon after the rain stops.

Will have to wait for Carol to post any other pics but this was the one I had of our running group this morning.  These baby raccoons sure look cute, eh?  For some reason after I took this picture they decided to turn around and latch onto me.  sniffing my shoes and then following me down the trail.  Odd mix of funny and freaky to have baby raccoons chasing one in the woods.  For maybe a 1/4 mile!  Says something about my pace, I know.  Then a third baby climbed down a tree and joined the first 2.  I finally sped up and the rest of the group passed them up.  Pretty day in the woods even with the attack of the baby raccoons.

Lisa