Womens Running

(Over 40) Laboring not allowed Sat/Sun/Mon (Read 25 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to run then doggie puppy pool. Hammy's foot is doing really well. I don't think he will need surgery on Tuesday. The wart is almost completely gone. Yay!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Back from six easy miles. Now just waiting until 9:35 exactly to check in on my Southwest flight to Colorado tomorrow. Too cheap to pay the $12.50 for early bird on the way out, but I splurged on the way back since I'll be running the marathon 24 hours before my flight and not able to check in until much later. Looking forward to the trip, even though it will be a short one, and hanging out a little with my best friend since high school, who lives in Denver.

Marjorie, great news about Hammy!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.4. We are at the pool. We stopped at Paneras and brought the girls breakfast. Hammy is just that type if doggie. The girls were pleased.

Karen I always pay the early bird. Otherwise I'd probably always end up in C. I don't fly Southwest very often, though.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Everyone!

Been a couple of days since I checked in.  Thursday, I had my job interview and I am hopeful with this one.  It is a small office with really nice women working in it.  I actually know one of the women, she's the mom of my son's friend and she was really optimistic of my chances.  So, once again, crossing fingers.

Friday, ran 5 early morning miles with my friend.  Just back today from a 6+ mile run, I am still dripping with sweat lol.  Later today, we are heading north for a couple of days, my BF and I are camping in the pop up, my kids are coming and living the life of luxury with my mom (we're camping about 15 miles away).  The boys (BF and step dad included) are going to a baseball game Sunday night and then I'm running a 15k trail race on Monday morning.  Should be a quick, but fun trip Smile

Marjorie - glad Hammy is doing better!

Karen - have a fun trip and race!

Hello to everyone else!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.

Marjorie, nice run.  Hoping Hammy won't need surgery after all.

Karen, enjoy the trip and the race!

LC Runs, good luck with the job opportunity and nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi everyone!  Weekend check-in time.  I'm leading a short training run for the HMB marathon this morning (every other weekend, my RC is hosting training runs on different parts of the course leading up to the marathon & HM on 9/29).  Plaining on a long trail run tomorrow so taking it easy today.

Marjorie, glad to hear Hammie's foot issue is nearly resolved.

Karen, definitely worth a splurge for early bird after your marathon.  You're running in Colorado?  I'm guessing that means hills and altitude!

LC, keeping everything crossed for you and that job opportunity!  Have fun camping.

Damaris, hope your 9 goes well later.  Still super hot and humid, I'm assuming?

Lisa, I saw you finally got referred to PT.  Hopefully that gets the knee back in working order.

Tessa, just sending more thoughts and prayers your way for you and your DH.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Linda

Hi Everyone!!!

I've kept up with a few of you on facebook (I can see Amy, Ginny, Damaris, LC, Lisa & Karen), but it is good to be back.  I've been injured and not running at all.  I ran this morning--against doc's orders, but my doctor and I aren't on the same page, at all. I had a cyst removed.   I've done a lot of research and I've come up with my own plan.  I can tell you that you lose a lot of fitness in 4 months.

I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Linda

Marjorie:  Great news about Hammy!

camille2

Welcome back, Linda!  I've been wondering where you were.  Hoping for a fast recovery.  I have to labor today-lots of  of work since I was a slacker yesterday.  Have to get condo ready to rent. I want to run 5 mi later.

Marjorie, that's  good news for Hammie.

Karen, good luck on your race!  It's so much fun to catch up with old friends-enjoy!

Lisa, good luck with PT! I'm glad you're doing that. Enjoy the U.P.

Tessa, good luck to you and your family. It's such a hard phase of life.

Laura, I hope you get the job with the nice women in the office.  It makes going to work so much more pleasant.  Enjoy your weekend.

Gatsby, what is the HMB marathon?

Docket, nice miles!

Howdy!  Watching the Texas A&M vs Rice game.  Gig 'Em Aggies!!!

53 mile ride this morning.  Had a fun ride, so glad we got out there.  Three dogs chased us at mile 50 and they were not scared of the taser!!!  DRATS!!!

Hi Linda!  Marjorie--I hope Hammy doesn't need surgery.  Laura--fingers crossed on the job and have a fun weekend.  Gatsby and Damaris-have great runs tonight.

Think I will bake some cookies while the game is on.  It is so hard for me to just sit.

Have a great weekend!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We did a lot of cleaning. So house all clean, laundry done, fresh sheets on the bed, ironing done, puppy pool etc. sent dh to Lowes. He was gone forever.  I asked him to get me a new pruning knife. I broke mine and I use it a lot. Being the old one was 6 years old, it lasted a long while. Guess the clerk kept entering stuff wrong. Guess it could be considered a weapon. Register kept saying he wasn't old enough,  Finally a supervisor figured out the clerk was entering it wrong. At least he got the air filter and other stuff too.

Linda hope your return to running goes well.

GL Laura on the job

Hope the 9 goes well D

Have a great run Gatsby

Camille when do you go back to GA?

I need to wipe Hammy down but he is passed out on his pillow. We baby wipe him frequently with his allergies. We also do it after the pool. Haven't done it yet but I did clean his ears a little while go. .

Marjorie

We had a good turn out for our training run today and I led the 4 mile group.  What a gorgeous day here.  Sunny and around 70 with a little breeze.  In fact I'm sitting outside in shorts.  That NEVER happens unless I'm cooling down post-run in running shorts.

Linda, hi!  Nice to see you.  Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

Camille, we have a local marathon in Half Moon Bay on 9/29.  They grandly call it the Half Moon Bay International Marathon (there are also shorter distances), and my running club sort of serves as marathon ambassadors, helping with planning, training runs, volunteering, etc.  I'll be volunteering, not running.  Funny but I don't really want to do a marathon here, as nice as it is, because I run here all the time, haha.

CrazySue, I'm a college football fan too and my team, Notre Dame, is playing now but I can't bring myself to go indoors on such a nice day.  Guess I'm a sorry excuse for a fan.  Sort of the opposite of a fair weather fan?

Marjorie, silly the hoops that your DH had to go through to buy a knife.  You'd think he was trying to buy a hand grenade instead of a paring knife.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Linda

It has been very hot this weekend.  Don't feel sorry for me though.  We get about 7 days total, all year, that are uncomfortably hot.

I'm not running again until Tuesday, but I think that I will do some abs.

LC:  It sounds like a fun camping trip!  Enjoy your race.

Sue:  Drat those dogs.  You're way too fast for them.

Good Morning!

Went out early with running buddy and got 12 miles in before it got really hot.  Did a different route this morning--over the Ocean Springs bridge to the Biloxi harbor and back.  Nice run.  Scrambled into church--just a minute or two late.

House work today since I was a bum and watched football yesterday.  Also went over to DD's house--they just moved in.  Need to re-hem curtains for her.  She has some old ones that will work in one of the extra bedrooms.  There are no window coverings in the house--sheets are hung on the windows till she can get some.  They have everything pretty much done except for hanging pictures, and the old condo is cleaned.  I was amazed (and a little mommy-guilty) that I didn't have to help.  So I will re-hem curtains.

Have a great day everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.2 miles done. Another great long run.

Gatsby it was a pruning knife so pretty big. But I guess it could be a weapon. Who knows. I guess they just want to be safe. Not that kids are going to be out pruning trees any time soon....or most kids.

Nice run Sue.

Marjorie