Womens Running

Thursday, y u no Friday? - Supermoms (Read 29 times)

CTimesTwo

mrsz - i'd love if C could eat from a spoon... so far all she does is wave it around or drop it on the floor... hope you're able to get a run in later..

mer - DH always has parents or other teachers bringing in sweets at his office... somehow he manages to resist most of it.... there isn't a striderite around here, but there's a specialty store that sells first walker shoes.. the cheapest pair is $70!!

becky - a monster shirt is a hoodie that has weird character printed on the front.. popular with teens... DH's is purple with a green alien and the hood has alien antennas...

arm - I miss playing tennis.. reading about your matches makes me wish I had more time to play... have you read the Andre Agassi book?  I thought it was great!

runninmer

cx2 - I would check out Robeez.com.  J had two pair.  He didn't get "real" shoes until way after his 1 year.  In fact, I remeber giving him a pair of Robeez for his 1 year b-day.  This year he is getting Toms! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

Bermy – Glad you are feeling better and back to running.  Have a great 9 miler.  Congrats on making money on selling all your stuff.  Has to feel good.  Ugh the car decision.  I hope you find something you like but you really need to test drive a lot.  I thought I knew what I wanted but when I test drove I liked something different.  Your DS is small like mine.  J was not even 20lbs at his 15 month.  I am curious to see what he will be at his 18 month.  Glad his apt went well.

Shelby – I hope H’s appt goes well and his ear infection is gone.  Yay for tomorrow being your last Friday.  The end is getting closer!

Mer – I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow…so jealous.  Glad a technology decision is finally being made so you can stop stressing so much.  Yes, J still goes to bed around 6:30.  We tried hard last night to keep him up later but he wasn’t having it.  He is so exhausted but I don’t know how to adjust his schedule.

Becky – Ugh to the sore throat.  I hope you feel better soon and can get a run in.  Otherwise rest your body as it is obviously fighting something.  Go treat your self to some winter running gear…awesome!

Arm – LOL to DD being a pain at 6.  I am glad you got all her presents.  I hope you can get the rest of your packing done.  I am sure you are excited to leave.

CTimes – Yay for C sitting up by herself.  Now that she has her new skill she will want to keep practicing.  Great job on getting out the door this am.  LOL to DH wanting a monster shirt…too funny.  What grade does he teach?

Mrszm – Wow to C mastering the spoon…impressive.  J is a disaster with the spoon.  Yum I want a brownie.

Zorbs – Seriously—I am all about sending J to bed with no food too that way he will learn he has to eat what is there or be hungry.  Not DH!

BermyHorse

RR: coach and I just talked for an hour and 30 mins about nashville, running, visits etc etc will fill you in as it all transpires. She is cooking us all dinner on Sunday afternoon. yay! and she thinks my sneakers are ok but i might go shopping anyway as a look-see.

Zorbs – I think carrying a flag for 13.1m is pretty awesome skill. Very cute on pace bunny sign to bath. Are you using hills to develop strength?

Rg – yummy on gnocchi. I bought some sweet potato gnocchi from wf in TN last week. I miss TN already. Nice that your legs were tired! Sorry you slept badly.

Ernie – too funny on bra falling off. Erm, no one will notice after the 4-6 hour period anyway as they will be too wasted on free wedding booze.

Jen – honour that leg itch! Sorry to hear your invigilation is long and tedious. I remember those days.

Shelby – hope your little guy responds well to the antibiotics and it has cleared. I need lots of tips on how to keep my friendship alive long distance with my coach. What strategies do you have with DH that work?

Mer – Friday off? Too cool. What do you have planned – oh, I see – your LR!!! Yeay!! I love your halfs coming up. Nice planning! Mer – just eat what sounds good!!! You have plenty of days and weeks of your pg to eat other stuff. Love your miles running pg. You are my heroine! x

Becky – you can whine every single day and I will still listen and like you. That’s what we  are here for. For support, just for you, supermom. Whine away. You are very humourously sarcastic when you whine and I find it endearing.

Arm – prefer tennis over running?

Becky/ Arm - Might get another ford fusion hybrid just to keep it in the family! But if we can’t get pg again then I want a big dog and that wouldn’t be good in a fusion.

Cx2 – she was just kidding with you this whole time about the sitting up thing. She has probably been secretly sitting up for 6mo… sneaky little girl!!! Awesome news!

Mrszm – you are one funny lady. Have you ever written a book/ articles/ blog? I love your written style. So concise yet so intelligent. My jeggins 4 are so sloppy now. If you are a 4, then hold off and I can mail them to you second hand from Nashville. I am going to get a 2 I think and jump into them lying flat on a bed using a shoe horn. I am still killing myself laughing about the stomach flu and goal weight comment.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

strollermama

Having a rough morning.  I think I may be a little depressed....  All of my friends are getting excited for graduation in 2 months.  I have really been struggling with the fact that I now have a year +2 months.  I almost feel like I could cry sometimes...  I also just want to be together as a family again and be able to have more kids.  I have major baby fever but know we can't have another right now.  Hunter makes my life so much better and I just want to grow our family.

zorbs:  I can't imagine running holding a sign.  Is that difficult?

RG:  Did you make the gnocchi?  Sorry you had a bad night of sleep.

ernie:  Is it the kind that sticks on?  I wore one of those to prom once and sweated it off Smile

jen:  I am amazed you didn't fall asleep!  Hope you get your run in.

bermy:  Glad DS's appointment went well.  Is he feeling all better now?  Have fun getting back to running with your coach.

mer: Mmmm donuts.

becky:  Hope you can find something good at the sale!

arm:  So cute she wanted a mermaid tail!  I graduate in May 2014.  Only two more month of classes and then a year of clinical rotations.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

bermy:  Just lots of communication.  Emails, phone calls, texting, letters, skype.  Talking on the phone is definitely the most personal or video chatting so we try to do that daily when we can.

beckykay

Bermy:  Me, sarcastic?  Never Smile  We have a big dog rather than the second child.  Or wait, he was the first child and C is our second.  Either way, he is just as much work but just doesn't talk back.  I think I prefer adding another dog than child Smile  Oh, the point of this....we will only look at cars that have rubber mats in the cargo area because of him.  He loves to get dirty and then jump on my seats.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

to everyone who asked about running with a sign: it definitely wasn't fun when there was a gust of wind (and I thank jeebus that it wasn't an actually windy day..that would have sucked!) but it wasn't that bad either.  Really not all that different from running with a handheld water bottle.

cx2 - hurray for the sitting up!

becky - I got to costco and realized DH  hadn't renewed the membership, and I didn't have the $ to renew it myself.

arm - I really did have the crap scared out of me during the cemetery run once.

mer - a lot of the time Tim Hortons are located inside the gas station, but I would never drink non Timmy's gas station coffee in a million years.

bermy - yes to hills for strength.  Next week starts the speed phase.  I have the jeggings in 0-2 (size 25) and on my fat days I have to do the muffin top hop to get them on and buttoned up.  I agree that the mini isn't a big enough car, I can barely fit the BOB in the trunk of my Mazda3.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Marathonjen

Becky - Rubber mats because of the dog or CWink

Shelby - Sorry you are going through a rough time right now.  Things will be better for your family when you are done with school and are back with DH...then work on expanding the family.  You are doing the best you can right now to make your future better!  Hugs!

RunningUphill

Good Morning!

I really have nothing to report since I am still feeling awful and just barely trying to get through the days. I can't wait until all these horrendous migraines pass (will they??  Ever??) and I can have something that resembles a life again and maybe actually enjoy the pregnancy.  Anywho. . .that much more time for personals. . .

Zorbs: Love the sign in the bath!

Runnergirl: Sorry for the bad sleep!  I am a total insomniac myself and it sure can ruin a perfectly good day.

Ernie: That is so weird about the bra!  I wonder if the stickiness just eventually gives out?  Could you buy two and change?  just drink plenty in the first 4-6 hours and then take it off.  good times!

Jen: 5am is brutal!  I can't believe you are waking up at 5am and running and surviving pregnancy.  Good luck with the testing.  I would surely fall asleep.

Bermy: I too am looking for a new car but it has to be a beast since I will be fitting 3 carseats in it!  If I didnt have to get a big car, I would want either a subaru or a prius.  I think the mini's are a little scary because if heaven forbid you got in an accident with say, an F350, you would be toast.  They drive big cars in Nashville!

Shelby: Sorry you are feeling down.  It is so hard to do what we want with our lives on all fronts.  I have frequently felt like I had to choose and big sacrafices in one area of my life, to satisfy another.  In one year and 2 months school will be behind you and it will feel so good to get to move forward with all of your other plans.  1 year is not so long in the grand scheme of things.

Mer: I know I am sounding like a broken record but I am so jealous of you pg-o's still running such great mileage!  I have been practically dreaming about donuts lately.  I might have to take a mid-morning break and go get one.  Unfortunately sugar is making my migraines worse yet it is all I crave all day long.

Arm: Where/when/how long are you going to the beach?  Fun!! I thought you said she wanted a mermaid TAIL and I was so confused.  But you mean TALE?  Is that a movie?

C: personally I am anti- kids specialty shoe stores.  I went to one only once and had a bad experience.  You can print out a little paper brannock and have him step on it at home to find out the size.  The shoe store tried to get me to buy shoes WAY too big which is totally unsafe because he would trip over all of then excess space in the front.  they need room to wiggle their toes and not impede growth but they shouldn't be clown shoes.

Zack: mmmmm, brownies. . .

Erniegirl

Regarding my bra probably falling off on Saturday: DH and I got married in our backyard. The next morning, we found TWO pairs of panties in our yard. So, I figure that, even if my bra falls off at this wedding, I will still be less scandalous than two of the guests at my wedding!

~~~~

Jen - Glad J's pink eye is getting better fast. That proctoring sounds horrid. I don't know how you managed not to fall asleep! I hope you can get a good run in today.

Bermy - Just don't get a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am (aka. my ghetto car). Wink Actually, I will be interested to hear about your new car shopping. I think I will be getting a new car sooner than expected. DH kept saying "wait until we have another baby and then we'll get you something new and  bigger" but this Sunday on the drive to my half marathon, he complained the whole way about what a piece of crap my car is Big grin. Your DS sounds super cute and curious!

Shelby - Your doctor must do early appointments to be able to get DS in there and still get to school for 8! I hope you can get some good studying in tomorrow. Will you take DS to daycare again? I'm sorry you're feeling down...it would be tough to see your friends getting ready to graduate and knowing you have another year left. Hopefully things will start to seem better once you get past their graduation and the weather is nicer out, too. And it will be nice to start a countdown once you have one year to go.

Mer - Glad J seems excited about his new room. Will you move him before the new baby comes to get him used to it or will you have the new baby in your room for awhile? Mmm, if baby wants a doughnut, baby gets a doughnut!

Becky - I hope the retail therapy makes you feel better! Spaghetti makes me feel better, too.

Arm - Good luck at your tennis match! Does the mermaid tail stick on to DD's bathing suit or something? The bride picked the colour for the bridesmaid dresses but we got to pick the style. The saleslady sent me into a change room with a pile of dresses and I was working my way through them when S started throwing a fit and I quickly said I'd take the first one I'd tried on and liked. When I got home, I realized I couldn't wear a normal bra with it.

Cx2 - Since C can already walk, I'll bet she starts cruising around her crib now that she figured out how to sit up! I was thinking about getting S fitted for expensive shoes but then one of my friends was at a Zellers closing sale and bought her Sport Trek running shoes in size 5, 6 and 7. They are actually great baby shoes and the 5s fit her perfectly now, so I would recommend trying out running shoes before you go the expensive route.

Mrszm - Nice work on DS mastering the spoon. S still puts hers in her mouth upside down half the time. I think leftover brownies sound like an excellent breakfast!

Zorbs - Yikes! Taping blisters? I didn't even think of that...I was also thinking that the adhesive would maybe just fall off after too long. I would rather look boobless than have blister boobs, that's for sure! Maybe I'll just wear the backless bra for the ceremony and pictures and then take it off.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Jen:  LOL, both!  My cars have never been so dirty.  That is until I had a kiddo.

Shelby:  Sorry things are rough right now.  I go through periods of baby fever, but snap out of it quickly when DH is gone for long periods.  Being a single parent is rough.  I don't know how you do it and go to school.  Add marathon training on top, you are truely a supermom!

Zorbs:  Doh, I was going to ask for a shopping report.  Silly G, get in there and pay that!

Bryn:  Oh dear, I am so sorry.  I hope you feel better soon.  Life with migraines suck.

Ok, so I said I wasn't going to be whiney....I told off bossy lady when she came in.  She stopped talking to me for a minute or so, then new girl came in and she needed to bitch about her so we are all good now.  Office drama Smile

beckykay

Ernie:  OMG, that is HILARIOUS!!!!!  Something about spaghetti and garlic bread, makes me all warm and fuzzy. Smile

mrszackmorris

bermy: funny you ask, i did actually start a blog a year or two ago before c was born. my first entry was about when dd1 smashed her forehead into a cement floor and walked around looking like warf from star trek for a month or two. however, for the life of me i can't remember the name of the blog or the site i used to create it.  oops, but it was called something like, "when all you want to do is laugh." i will make it to gap friday night to try on said jeggings, if indeed i am a 4 i will gladly take yours off your hands!

shelby: you can do this!! just remember your spring break countdown and getting to see your dh! and just think, at least you are behind a year in school for the best reason ever!!

strollermama

ernie;  You are so right.  I just need to get past May and it should be so much better.  No more classes, can start a year countdown, etc.

becky:  I wish DH being gone helped with my baby fever.  H is just such a fun, easy kiddo so I still having baby fever even being a single parent!

Thanks for all the support everyone!  Hopefully spring break will refresh me.