Womens Running

Over the Hump Supermoms (Read 18 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: 5+ on my break at work today, unfortunately that's all I have time for. I was planning another double today, but it's going to be 90* this afternoon so that's out.

TR: he was in such a great mood yesterday. we went to Hobby Lobby and Target to finish picking up party supplies and a couple of gifts. He's been digging his sand/water table this week, and been going thru about 3 changes of clothes daily as a result!

NRR: DH bought me an external keyboard, wahoo! My dad is going to look at the laptop this weekend, and hopefully he can fix it. It's not a super expensive one. Sigh, DH's oldest sister still hasn't given me a straight answer on whether she and her 3 kids are coming to the party this weekend. Why bother even putting an RSVP date on the invites?! Last I heard, she was planning on coming, but who knows. Her DH is an ass, and wants to stay home and do nothing. Originally they were planning to make a weekend trip of it, get a hotel and do some touristy stuff, hiking, the glass museum etc.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD unless I miraculously find some energy after work to lift weights.  DH has been sick, and I'm sure I caught it.

TR -  apparently all the kids at daycare watch TV like this. And omg, he looks like me.

FR - grilled sausage, pepper, corn salad.  Going to the farmer's market after work.

~~~~~

rg - I know it's a PITA, but just call or send SIL an email and ask straight up that you need to buy party supplies and you need an RSVP one way or another.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.3 miles... finally got around to putting my orthodics in my new shoes.. I think the pair I was running in had over 600 miles on them..

TR - wouldn't socialize with the IL's when they were over... again... I really hope going to daycare will help C get over her fear of "strangers"... I only got to see her for a half hour yesterday... when I got home from dinner, she was still rolling around in her crib so I got a few snuggles in, but she didn't get sleep until an hour and a half past her usual bedtime..

NRR - speaking of sleep.. I barely got any.. went to bed way later than usual, then was woken up at 2am by DH, who was playing video games in the living room and had his buddy on speaker phone.. I couldn't get back to sleep so I've been up for hours already...  maybe I'll take the afternoon off, but I have a massage right after work and it's 5 minutes from the office, so it'd be a pain to drive all the way home and back again..

zorbs - cute pic of B!  He looks really comfortable!

rg - I agree with zorbs, I'd call SIL and find out what's going on.. I hate chasing ppl for answers too! really hope you can get your keyboard fixed.. I have a laptop at work and I prefer the external keyboard and mouse..

beckykay

Good morning!

RR:  Wonderful run in the fog.  Wore my new pacesetter which is a little tight, but it worked.  Even more motivation to lay off the chips and vodka.

TR:  So happy to see me yesterday but was super emotional.  Grandparent detox is rough.

NRR:  Back to speech therapy today AND first dentist appointment.  I am going to neither since DH is home.

FR:  Spaghetti and turkey meatballs.

RG:  Hooray, I hope you dad can get the keyboard working again.  I would just call SIL and say are you coming or not Smile

Zorbs:  LOL!  That's awesome.   Feel better!

Cx2:  I would not tolerate the video game playing during the week, that is BS.

mrszackmorris

rr: 3m tonight.

kr: finally lost her tooth yesterday. And of course I wasn't here and missed it! DEXY: was it your tooth fairy that leaves glitter? Where is it left?

tr: had 4k open house last night. She loved it. Her teacher has the most annoying teacher voice ever and it's her normal voice too!

br: freaked out when I tried to leave him with a sitter yesterday. Not cool.

nrr: dh and my anniversary today. 9 years seems kind of crazy. No plans for it, but hoping to go out to eat as a family tonight.

fr: so many tomatoes from our garden. What should I do with them all?!?

Erniegirl

RR - 5k with the stroller

TR - Night owl baby is back. She had been going to bed at 8:30/9 pm the past few weeks and I thought this may be her new thing. But, I haven't been able to get her to sleep before 10 pm since Friday. It does mean she sleeps until 8 am, so I really can't complain.

FR - Grilled honey- thyme chicken legs, potatoes and carrots

NRR - Heading to the grocery store with S now so it's quiet here for DH to get some sleep since he worked until 3 am. I am hoping they have summer hats on clearance since summer is almost over, and I am going to buy like 10 of them for S. Her hats keep getting lost and we are down to the last one. Going to the farm this afternoon.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR: 4m with the dog.  We managed to startle a huge deer and it took out a shrub trying to get away from us.

KR: Karate today! Need to find out how much it would cost to continue going. I initially bought a Twongo deal  - 10 classes for $35.  I'll be curious if the normal rate is crazy expensive.

WR: Breakfast meeting at 7:30am this morning.  Must've drank an entire pot of coffee waitress just kept topping it off, now I feel like I'm just banging on my keyboard  and not actually typing anything legible/

RG:  I'm sure you'll get your miles in today, somehow you always manage to exceed your planned miles!

Zorbs: Yep that's your kid! He looks so grown up

Backy: Dare I ask what a 'pacesetter' is?

Cx2: yay on the new orthotics! and you have a massage scheduled!

Zack: I have my kids put the tooth in a ziploc bag under their pillows.  then in the middle of the night I swap it for a bag with quarters and glitter in it for DD, for DS he gets nuts and bolts.

armmama

RR - 4 miles.  I pressed snooze a million times and could not get into the run today.  Hate days like that.

BR - cried and screamed when I dropped him off at gym daycare because he didn't want to go, then cried and screamed when I picked him up because he didn't want to leave.

KR - were talking about how much they miss their friends in Mississippi Sad

FR - those grilled pork chops and green beans we were supposed to have last night

NRR - SIL and her kids are coming over this  morning and hten we're all going to the pool.  I realized last night they close the pool for the season this Sunday which sucks.  Why would they close it before Labor Day?  Next week is supposed to be in the 90s too.

back later for personals

mrszackmorris

nrr: forgot to say that I'm an aunt again!!! she is absolutely adorable. I walked in the hospital room and told them she was their cutest by far. They agreed. Haha!

Zorbs: my kids have been loving laundry baskets lately too. Very common picture in our house. He is adorable!

rg: yup just call sil and demand to know. I've done it several times.

cx2: had to lol at your dh playing video games with his friend on speakerphone!!

becky: is c 4? I always forget. Hope the detox goes well!

Ernie: my kids never wore hats unless they were little babies in the sun. Hope you find some for s!

dexy: I was telling dh about the glitter and he asked if I was going to clean it up. Your way is much cleaner! I love it!!

arm: I was wondering how your girls were adjusting. have they made new friends?

beckykay

MrsZM:  Yep!  He is 4 going on 40.  Grumpy old man is his attitude today Smile  YAY for being an aunt again.  I would make salsa or tomato sauce with all those tomatoes.  I got maybe three off of my plants this year. Sad

Dexy:  It is a lulu skirt Smile

Arm:  Silly kids, C was like that when he was younger.  I felt so bad when I dropped him off but by the evening I could see I was replaced.

Ernie:  C would never keep a hat on his head.  I've always had a night owl.  Sometimes its nice but when I am ready for bed before him, its a nightmare.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ST'ing at the gym (hopefully O is happy in the childcare), and then 10k tonight on the trails.

TR - so so so  happy to have her daddy home.  I can't compete with the coolness that is daddy.  Took her on a walk to fish creek yesterday after naps, she made me soup and eggs with rocks and the creek, she has such a good imagination.

BR - tried to eat the rocks in fish creek.

FR - made pork chops w/ a mushroom sauce and green beens/peas from my garden last night, leftovers tonight since I'll be out running.

NRR - boss is calling this afternoon during naps, hopefully I can at least go back on the day I'm planning so I can get into email/get a laptop/get my ducks in a row incase I get another job and want to quit.  I emailed the manager of the dept where the other job is posted but  he's out of the office, so I'll submit a resume through the website for now.  The job I'd be applying for isn't exactly what I do now, but I'm qualified for it, and it might be interesting, it's more of a project management type role than a pure support role.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I also like external keyboards better for laptops, hopefully your dad can fix it though. Good luck getting an answer from SIL.

zorbs - cute pic of B, I agree, he does look like you.

cx2 - whoa, 600 miles? I can't get to 400, my shoes feel totally dead and I start to get injured. M went to a dayhome for 9 months and hardly said a word to them, She's just quiet and probably always will be. We have noticed that she's made quite a bit of improvement over the last few months that she'll talk or answer direct questions.

becky - the pattern on that pacesetter is cute! Hope C is good for speech and the dentist.

mzm - yay for the tooth falling out, is it her first? Too bad about DS not liking the babysitter, O always cries at first but is ok after I'm out of sight.

ernie - i'd lose my mind if my kids were up that late! Sometimes M is awake until 9:30 but she's pretty good at entertaining herself reading and singing until she falls asleep.

dexy - we have a ton of deer in the park by my house, they often startle me!

arm - have fun at the pool! Aww, moves are hard on kids!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

sorry, no time for personals..stuffing lunch down my throat and then meeting alcoholic friend for a quick coffee.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

rg - S and I both go through several changes of clothes every day, because every time she gets muddy and wet, she decided it's time to give me a big hug. Frustrating about SIL's DH and the party RSVP. How far away do they live?

zorbs - Ugh, not the dreaded summer cold! Better than being sick from bad cronut burgers, though Wink. B does look like you in that picture!

cx2 - Does C ignore the ILs for their whole visit or just take a long time to warm up? Omg, I would kill your DH! My DH can be bad for staying up too late watching TV/playing video games, but at least he does it at a low volume and doesn't wake me.

Becky - Cute new clothes really are the best motivation to cut out the junk food! I agree, night owls are good sometimes, as it's nice that we can take her out at night without her getting cranky and tired, and the sleeping in is good, too. But when you want to go to bed or just have some time to yourself before bed, it sucks!

Mrszm - Yay for that tooth finally coming out! Happy anniversary! I usually go crazy on BLT's and any other sandwiches with tomatoes on them at this time of year, and I like to slice up tomatoes and eat them with cheddar cheese as a snack. But if you've got a real bounty, I'd make some tomato sauce and salsa with them.

Dexy - Wow, great deal on the initial karate classes. Hope it's reasonably priced to continue.

Arm - Lame on the pool closing before summer's even over! Maybe they are doing maintenance?

CA - Lol at M playing with the rocks and O trying to eat them. Mmm, I love pork chops with mushroom sauce! Hopefully things get worked out with your return date to work/job search. I just saw your post about it, and that is really not cool of them.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

DentistR - Two cavities!  Just barely though so they don't think they will have to numb him up or anything, just some surface drilling.  So sad that it takes the dentist to tell DH to cut the crap out, less juice and NO gummies.  I tell him this all the time but he just thinks that I paranoid.