Womens Running

(Over 40) Friends and Fridays (Read 16 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Post away

I will be back. Need to go run. I haven't left yet. Oops

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Happy Friday!

Marjorie - Hope you got out for your run!

So, guess what....I am NOT running the marathon now..........that is my FINAL decision....LOL.  I just emailed the RD to transfer bib.  I am relieved.  I was stressing about the LR's and fitting them in along with a couple of other races I have planned.

Going to class at the gym today, and running tomorrow.

Carol

ginnyb

So Carol...is this your final answer???  LOL!

Just ran 2 miles this morning, that's what my schedule told me to do.  I usually don't run 2 days in a row.  I felt okay, it takes 2 miles just for me to warm up!

Morning Marjorie and all else who wander on here...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - It is my FINAL answer...LOL.  Nice job on the running!

ginnyb

Just realized there is a 5K here in town tomorrow for the Humane Society.  I think I just may try it, especially if the weather is as nice as they say it is going to be.  Might as well, it's for a good cause.

ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, go for it! Enjoy.

There's no 5K here tomorrow, I think. There is one that our receptionist is trying to get as many people as possible to do, but it's downtown and it's on Sunday. No way can I make an 8 AM race downtown and then get to church for 9:15 choir call. And it's Palm Sunday. Choir wins. Besides, I'm reading a part in the gospel.

3.2 this morning. Knee is still twingy but not too bad, and running seems to make it hurt less.

Carol, if training for a full would be too much stress, then don't do it. Running is supposed to be fun, not fraught.

Marjorie, you are so organised! I am impressed.

Not run related: garage door will be replaced soon. I called to have someone from the contractor affiliated with [my favourite warehouse store] come out and give us a quote. He did. He advised that we'd need to pay more to have two guys come the day before and open the garage so we could push the MG out, since they need at least 10' clear space back from the garage door and the MG is right up against it. I blanched. We looked at it sitting on its pancake flat tires. He also glanced at the box trailer that has been in the garage since we moved in. I mentioned I was planning to list the trailer on freecycle, since I do not own a vehicle that can tow and have no intention of ever acquiring one. If we need to haul anything, we have a van.

His eyes lit up. He looked at the trailer and said "I would take it! I would love to have it!" We struck a deal. He and his friend will come on Saturday morning and open the garage door, which has been broken for years, prop it up, pump up the MG's tires, winch it out, and put it over on the side of the driveway so the garage door installers will have free access to the door and I don't have to worry about moving the thing myself. In return, the trailer is his.  DH built the trailer so I am not worried about registering it after 23 years with no registration renewal, he can register it as a new (to him) homebuilt trailer with no serial number. It will need new tires, but he's apparently prepared to do that -- he and his wife bought a place on a couple of acres not far from us and they have one small SUV and one sedan, nothing that can haul fertilizer or plants or suchlike.

And we have hauled the old couch, old front door, and ratty living room carpet to the curb. Also took the unused side gate and that was gone within half an hour.

It is spring break, apparently DS and his friends are in our living room playing games and consuming all the cookies I didn't put in a container for the neighbour. I will put him to work tomorrow, between the MG removal, hazmat roundup at the community college, and a load of stuff to go to the Habitat ReStore, we have plenty to do!

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, nice score on the garage door and getting rid of the trailer! Love those kinds of deals that just work out and everyone is happy.

Carol, if you are feeling relieved then it was the right decision. We do this for fun, not to stress ourselves out.

Ginny, why not do the 5K? The puppies at the humane society will thank you. And nice people will give you food when you are done. And perhaps even some sort of prize.

Marjorie, hope you got your run in.

I have been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. Last night's 5 miles were incredibly dragging and slow. I am feeling better today. I hope I'm back to 100% (or at least close) since I'm racing tomorrow.

Work continues to be crazy.....so back to it I go.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh, I did Carol. Ran 10.2.

Then had a not so nice chat with the install people for the hot water heater. They didn't want to come until next Friday. I think that is unacceptable since we've already paid for the hot water heater and a week is not going to cut it. I got my way. They will be here Tuesday. I said I'd call the store. Basically if I did, they'd lose the contract and Lowes would give it to another installer. Magically 3 min later  they can come next Tuesday. It was a long conversation. I was not mean but very firm.

Ginny good for you doing the two days in a row

Tessa nice making that deal.

Karen feel better

just made two of the Easter baskets. They look great. Dads container I ordered isn't here yet but dh and dads wife's are done.

Marjorie

ginnyb

LOL Karen, you are so right!  The only drawback is that I ran Thursday and today and if I run tomorrow that is 3 days in a row for me...had a long run planned for Sunday...but I guess that will be okay, I will just be even slower than usual.....

Ginny