Womens Running

The leaves are changing TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I noticed our trees in the front yard are turning a shade of red and orange! Love!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.35 for me! Body pump tonight!

Great run this morning. But that is because the weather is still awesome. 46 degrees with dewpoint at 40. LOVE! It's nice to not have to run so long LOL. I am sure by next week I will be ready to run long again. I think I am enjoying the sleeping in a bit more part Smile

Dropped my car off to get an inspection. I was supposed to get it done in September..so its expired. I bet I have to pay a charge for that..oh well. HCBF is off to the dentist ( he hasn't been in 20 years! 20!!!) and will be heading down to the beach until Friday. Sigh.

Is it Friday yet? I am ready for the long weekend! And for RACE WEEK!

Sandy – I laughed out loud at what you said to Cathy. I am pissed at her foot too! How dare her foot act like this! Haha. I get lazy with the stretching too…like, I finished my run and I just want to go about my day. Foam rolling is hard for me to get motivated to do too. I have to really be in some pain. Oh yeah..I like your spring marathon list! Thailand in 2019?! WHAT. That will be an awesome trip! So considering I am not familiar with those marathon names I am assuming they are in Thailand? Smile What time of year are you thinking about going? HCBF went to Thailand for a friends wedding. He LOVED it..he loved how cheap it was too. He said if it wasn’t for the long travel time to get there..he would go back every year. I think from Richmond he said it was 32 hour flight time total? Something like that. He loved it though! OH and he said massages there were so cheap..I am talking..$20 for 2 hours and apparently was the best massage he has ever had! Okay, can I come with? Hehe. Good luck at the chiro this morning!

Tessa – Nice treadmill miles yesterday! Don’t yell at me but…I never carry cash. Ever. So when I find change I throw it away…..LOL.

Laura – Nice job getting out there after work! Happy birthday to your DD!! I will check out Bosch..what is it about?!

Kathryn – Speaking of hard cider…I have seen so many different flavors for that stuff! Tempting.

Diana – Hi! Good to hear from you! Sounds like you are settling in! I am with Sandy, 2 AZ homes?! I will take one off your hands. Sorry about the slow recovery of your injury Sad

Off to the grind. How do I have complaints already this morning? Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!  Our leaves haven't changed much yet, I think because of this weird warm weather.  We've had maybe one hard frost so far.

3 morning miles, 50 degrees, I'll take it!  Oh, I forgot to mention I'm doing a 2000 squat challenge this month (started yesterday).  So you do 66 squats every day then 86 the last day of the month. I did my 66 yesterday in the office before I went running lol.  Haven't done them yet today 

Lizzie - great run, funny that my weather was slightly warmer than yours LOL.  Bosch is about a LA cop, so a crime solver show.  I like it so far, there are 4 seasons, we're on episode 4 of the first season.  I am bad about stretching, too.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday’s run was a 45 minute one. As I was on the return to the car I found 2 does and 2 yearlings standing on the trail looking at me. I slowed down to an in place trot and they just kept watching. We were by a lake just off the river area. Finally I started to go carefully forward and they came past me. They really are curious animals.

I park in an area where there are some elderly (as if I’m not one) who park and walk. Several of them asked me about my knee strap. I’m not sure why, but many of them want one. They asked a lot at the track when I was taking classes with people of similar age. I always tell them to check with their doctors who can decide what they need. One group of men were sure I was wearing magnets in the strap. This is an area where people also think drinking vinegar and wearing copper bracelets are cures.

Today I am out to do the trail. Yoga and hike yesterday. Yoga today. Posture work in progress!

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My cold is now asthma, yay.  Nothing too bad, but hoping it clears before Sunday.

I have Pilates and 7 with 2 at MP tonight.

Lizzie, the only time we see orange trees is when it's so hot the leaves burn (like now) or after a hurricane.  Nice run!  Enjoy body pump.

Laura, nice job on the 3. Ouch at the squat challenge.  Good luck.

Judy, some people are weird.  Enjoy the trail.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris too true...people are certainly odd.

Judy, horses and cows are like that too, if I go out into the pasture and just sit there before long the horses will come over to see what I'm doing.  The younger cows in the pasture next door will come and stand by the fence if we're outside and just watch.

Lizzie, no tree changing here yet but some of the bushes have turned red.  I'm hoping when I go down to Tahlequah for the Pumpkin the trees will be changing color.  It was 72 and a misty rain this morning when I left the house.  And darkish still at 7 am.  The dark I can do without especially with the rut and hunters scaring the deer.

Cathy I'm sorry your foot still pains you.  Mine have not gotten any better and doing that road HM Sunday made my glutes or possibly my IT (soreness is on outside of booty as Lizzie would say)...I had DH massage it last night with some BioFreeze I got in a goody bag from a race and that helped some.  Sitting at my desk all day makes it worse when I get up.  I didn't hurt this bad after the Hawk and that was a hard trail marathon.

Tessa how are the kitties doing?

Diana, nice you are in AZ again.  I'll have to make some race plans out that way some day.

Laura, happy birthday to DD.  66 squats a day? I do about 50 but break them up into 10 at a time throughout the day.  Do you have to do them all at once?  I've started doing some 1 legged squats too in order to help with the trail runs, I get unbalanced easily due to my hearing issue.

Kat, I like apples just as they are and not any of the other forms they take...apple sauce, cider, etc.  But that's how I feel about tomatoes too...lol.

Going to be another busy day...Sept 30th was out year end and I have to make sure the Food inventory gets done and accounting records it.  Then I have to check to see if we've had chargebacks at any of our locations.

Have a nice day everyone!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

6 easy miles that were super slow.

Lizzie, we haven't seen any leaf changing yet here, but I heard that as close as Asheville they are starting to fall already.

Laura, good luck with the squats. I know they are good to do, but a few sets are enough for me.

Judy, I just realized how much I missed your nature reports when you run outside. You do see a lot of fauna in your area. And some unusual humans, too.

Damaris, ugh, I hope your asthma clears up or is at least manageable before Sunday.

Diane, good luck with inventory!

Greetings to everyone else, have some great runs today!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

I'm baaaaack!!!!  We returned from South Dakota yesterday.  Had a wonderful trip!!!  Mount Rushmore, Black Hills, hiked to the top of Little Devil's Tower, hiked the Badlands, did a 10K Volksmarch to the arm of the Crazy Horse Monument, hiked in Spearfish Canyon, saw the buffalo roundup at Custer State Park and more!!  The leaves were turning too.  Had a great visit w his folks.  We are pooped.  Picked up the dogs yesterday, and they were exhausted but happy to see us.  The folks who kept them run a doggie day care too, and they are so much better behaved now!! They have not jumped up on us once.  And that was something I wanted to work on as his mother's German shepherd had such good manners. Wink

Ran 3 miles this morning and watched a cat chase and snatch a mouse under the street light .

Weird--I don't remember creating an account on this site, but I had apparently done it sometime many years ago...

I will catch up later somehow...

ginnyb

Good morning,

Leaves are definitely turning here in northern Ohio, very pretty.  Was in the 80's yesterday though and today too , although the nights are pretty cool.  Since we are right on the lake the nights stay warmer here in the Fall as opposed to inland, so that is nice.

upper body, mostly shoulders, today with trainer and it was a killer!

Liz...Yikes on the 20 years since seeing the dentist for HCBF!  Hope it isn't too bad for him.  Sorry he will be away again until Friday.

Tessa...I have not resorted to the treadmill yet this season, I try to put it off as long as possible, but the dark mornings kind of scare me, not of being attacked, but of falling.

LC...66 squats a day, huh?  Hmmmm, maybe I will try that.  Thanks you for the comment about GD, we thought she looked beautiful too, so different from the girl we see daily.

Judy....funny about not thinking of yourself as elderly, I don't either, but we are in that age group I guess!  Elderly just sounds so..well...Elderly!

Yes people are very odd, work just one day here at the library and you would be amazed , but then I guess some probably think I am odd too.

I love the hard ciders.

Damaris...hope the asthma clears up by Sunday.

Nice 6 miles Amy, slow or speedy.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Oh yeah I forgot.  After working out today I was running so late that I did not have time to shower or anything ...just had time to dress and go to work!  Maybe my odor will keep the weirdos away from me today.  I would only admit this here with you all!  I really don't think I have an odor, but it just felt weird not to shower...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning Ladies!

Lizzie, glad you got a nice cool run in!  I have a bunch of different ciders - green apple, pear, cinnamon, pineapple, and blood orange.  All yummy.  I still drink mostly wine though.

Laura, I bow in AWE of you and squats.  No way Jose for me.  Glad for you as well with the cool weather.

Judy, enjoy your trail and yoga.

Damaris, good luck with the asthma.  Our weather looks TERRIBLE.  Now upper 70's and rain.  UGH.

Diane, good luck with your busy day!

Amy, nice on the easy slow miles - that is all I can do!

Sue, welcome back!  I watched a tame bunny loose in someone's front yard this morning when I was out, it was freaked out.  Sad.

Ginny, my old roomie worked at the downtown main library for a number of years, and yes, there are some weirdos.

Just got back from another short run.  My stomach was in knots for most of it just thinking about the insanity I am about to undergo on Sunday.  I am looking at my pace band that I ordered something like 3 weeks ago, and know I will be a good 20 min slower.  It will put me at 6:20, and 6:30 is the cutoff.  I am a bit slower running, but I am not speed walking when I do walk which will be a huge problem.  I normally haul booty when I walk, even at 20 miles into things.

As I posted to Damaris, the weather forecast SUCKS!!  I have been stalking 4 different sites and 3/4 are in upper 70's with rain, only 1 shows low 70's.  All pretty much show rain for the entire trip.  Disappointed.

Guess I should get going, need to run errands and find food before work.

Have a great Tuesday all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Some trees are changing here, some have already dropped leaves!  Strange weather this year.    Since I am not running, will share 9 yo DD's running exploits.    Yesterday in gym they had an activity called "The Pacer", where they run from one side of the gym to the other while listening to a recording that counts reps and also beeps.  If you don't make it to the other side before the beep, you are out and sit down.  As it progresses the beeps increase so it starts at an easy pace and gets to a sprint.  DD said all the other girls were out within 30-35 reps.  The last boy was out at 42 reps.  She did 64 reps!  She got a plastic number 60 to put on her shoe.    She said everyone was cheering her on.  That would make me a little nervous.  

Lizzie, enjoy the taper!  I am enjoying sleep in at least.    I have to go to the dentist on Thursday.  20 years?!?  I am glad HCBF is finally going.  Maybe it will help if you all send good vibes to my foot.    I saw Laura mentioned Grey's.  I still watch Grey's!

Laura, 2000 squat challenge?  That is a lot of squats!  Good for you!  Happy birthday to DD!

Judy, I do not think of you as elderly!

Damaris, sorry about the asthma.  Always something, eh?

Diane, it sounds like running on the road was not good for your body!  Hope you are feeling better.

Welcome back, Sue!  It looked like a great trip!  I forgot that I had an account on here too!

Ginny, hope GD is OK.

Kat, hoping for the best for you in Chicago.  It will be quite the party anyway, the 40th anniversary!  Way too warm for a marathon though. 

Sandy, Thailand would be amazing!  Abnormally healthy is a good thing to be.    The forum guy made a comment about hitting the wall in the late miles of TCM, but he was doing 10:15 min/mile at his slowest, which I don't consider hitting the wall.    A friend did Fargo last year and enjoyed it.  I am lucky to have an awesome massage therapist, I've been going to her for more than 21 years!  She has probably ruined me for anyone else.  

Hi Diana!  Nice to see you here!

Hi Tessa!  No money found on the TM?     I have yet to find any money while running!

Cathy

Kilmisters

Hi, everyone! I've been away from forums for few days, but having almost endless cycle of floorball, work, meetings w friends, miniK stuff, and actually finding some time for DH too, well, it hasn't been easy. I love it, actually, but doesn't leave too much energy or time. After co-worker left I have taken over few reports, which is another ''energy-consuming but fun'' part.

Amsterdam Half is almost here (next weekend!) and I am getting pretty anxious. No unreasonable finish time ambitions, of course, but there is a little ''minimum goal'' and ''stretch goal'', which will, of course, be kept secret Smile The main part is, of course, to have lots of fun in mini-K's first ever HM Smile

Heading out for a run, it's quite windy and not too warm (40*F), but those are the best running conditions!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Seloc

Hello hello!  Late check in for me.  Chiro and a short 4miler this morning.  Speedier than it should have been cuz I was running out of time.  Leaves are starting to change here and some have dropped but we are a good week or two behind normal.  It was 70* when I woke up this morning!!  Crazy for these parts in early October.  Stormed most of the night - a big thunder at about 11:15pm about tossed me out of bed.  Okay, not really, but it was LOUD!  Still humid and gross.  Can I dare hope this weird weather will make for a warmer than normal winter??  Count me in as someone who occasionally still watches Grey's and I also had forgotten I had an account on here.  I was actually Seloc here before RWOL!

Tessa - always impressed with your lunch dreadmill runs.  Too bad no money found there.  Yes, how are the kit kats doing??

Laura - nice run after work this yesterday and again this morning.  I laughed at the "nope, not happening" when the alarm went off.  Monday's are TOUGH!!  Occasional Grey's watcher here.  Just not the same without McDreamy and McSteamy LOL  That's a LOT of squats!!

Kat - I do like a hard cider from time to time.  Going to pass on Bataan.  I'm more old school and am sticking to road marathons until my body can't take it anymore.  LOL  Nice job getting out there this morning!  Ugh, sorry about that forecast.  Does not sound super fun but just think how great you feel when you finish!  That's what helps me.

Lizzie - hooray for sleeping in and still getting in a good run.  How's taper treating you?  The inexpense in Thailand (well, once you get there) is kind of what has drawn me in.  Plus, I've never been.  And, yes, those are two marathons there.  EVERYONE is invited.  And, I do mean everyone.  I'm a firm believer in the more the merrier.  Hope HCBF fared well at the dentist!

Damaris - oh no on the asthma flair!  Hope it's short-lived!

Welcome back, Sue!  Sounds like a great trip.  I have never done any of those SD things!  Loved all your pics.

Ginny - cracking up at you going to work unshowered LOL.  I'm actually jealous.  No WAY I'd be able to pull that off.  Hope the weirdos stay away from the library today!!

Cathy - awwww love the DD story.  That's sooo awesome!!  She's adorable.  I absolutely LOVE that she CRUSHED the last boy!!  Girl power!!  Um, yeah, 10:15 pace is NOT hitting the wall for me either.  I've done Fargo half a couple times but never the full.  My sister has a "cabin" about 45min away I could stay for free.  "Cabin" because one could live there year round but it's a summer place on the lake for them.  That's awesome you've found a great massage therapist!

Elina - hey, girl!  Sounds like a good kinda busy.  I'm all about the secret time goals haha.  Glad you are still feeling well enough to run a half so late in your pregnancy!  That's pretty amazing in itself.

Gotta run - happy runs and happy Tuesday to all!!

Anonymous Guest

Miserable run this morning. Overnight low of 80, dew point 78. 83 when I ran this morning (feels like 90something), and of course with storms all around, my neighborhood had sunshine. Awful, steamy, oppressive heat and sunshine. But it's done. I would have made today a rest day but I'm trying to front load my miles for the week since I'm racing Sunday. Local 10 mile race, and the Saturday group is running 10 (half) and 11 (full), so a couple are going to run the race Sunday instead. I'm just going to start with the group Saturday and quit after 4-5, then wait for them to finish up.

Headed to the track this evening and hopefully it will be a little less miserable for them by then. They are running 1 min hard/1 min easy, so I will just blow a whistle for them every minute and not run myself. Next week they start doing 400s, so I should be able to run with them since I won't be keeping time.

Laura, I've  been wanting to check out Bosch. I think it's based on the character in the Michael Connolly books.

Cathy, I love love love hearing about DD's running adventures. So awesome that she not only beat all the boys, but by a lot!

Welcome back crazysue! The pictures you guys were posting from your trip were great and it looked like you were having a blast. I'd love to spend some time out there.

Hi to everyone! I am seeing a short break in the weather (it's been storming since about 10 minutes after I finished running), so I'm going to try to quick get to the dry cleaner and the grocery store without getting caught in bad weather. May be back later, but with the group track tonight this may be all I do for personals today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel