Womens Running

Marvelous MONDAY! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thats right. I am starting the week out positive for EVERYONE!!! Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

YOU LIE!

Marvelous, my ass.  Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9 miles for me with the last 2 fast. Abs tonight.

I feel in love with running again this morning..because I had an AWESOME run in 56 degrees! YES! 56!!! What in the WORLD?! I wasn't expecting it to be that cool. Seriously I had a chill before I started! Man..it was GREAT. My last two speedy miles were in the high 8's to low 9's. This weather is just a tease...but I am going to soak it all in!

We booked a wedding planner yesterday! YAY!!! We met with a woman last night who has done MANY weddings in the venue we chose and gave us all sorts of suggestions (I was stressing about guest count and elbow room in that place). I'll be honest and say I liked the first company we interviewed with more, but the woman yesterday was a strong 2nd place and her prices were $3,000 cheaper. If we had gone with the first company we would have only been able to afford the partial planning..and now we got the FULL planning (which was cheaper than the partial planning from the first company!). Which is awesome! I feel so much better now!

Okay, see?! It is a marvelous Monday! And Mammel isn't here this week!!!!

Kathryn – Awe Kathryn, I am sorry to hear that your mom is really slowing down. I guess you are worrying about your polar bear trip? She might do better when it isn’t so hot out. Sad Sounds like she is being a little stubborn too. I can say that because I am stubborn. LOL. Did you get your camera working? I saw those gorgeous pictures you posted!

Susan – Nice 7 yesterday! I am sure the rain felt good!

Docket –88?! NO NO NO. Are you meeting up with Lisa when you go? I am going to look into kickboxing now. My gym offers it. That reminds me, have you heard anything about Seattle??? I hope your breathing gets better! Sad

Kilmisters – OMG your week last week sounds like one from hell!!! AHHH. Good luck on the project! Sounds like some late nights in your future Sad Love your running story! When does floorball start up again?

Karen – Yay! Glad the cookout went well! I am picturing Riley licking that babies face! Smile I am excited for your running group started! Woohoo! That came up fast! Floors…we want hardwood – or the stuff that is like hardwood. There are so many different kinds. We don’t mind not getting the actual hardwood. Anyway, we want grey! Not 100% grey..but the ones with that hint of grey. Okay, I am realizing I sound ridiculous..we are looking at these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Alverstone-Oak-8-mm-Thick-x-6-1-8-in-Wide-x-47-5-8-in-Length-Laminate-Flooring-20-32-sq-ft-case-368431-00310/206841569

So, laminate. We like it! We would do the entire downstairs and then the bathrooms upstairs. I like carpet in the bedrooms and on the stairs.

Margaret – Nice 26+ miles this weekend!! Wow! Are you feeling ready for the 50 yet?? Smile Laughing at your ice cream comment. I am the same. You didn’t know what dewpoint was? I want to live where you live. LOL. Kidding. I bet CA is beautiful. But one thing I love about VA is the seasons..we get gorgeous Fall’s and mild Winters. I should be thankful.

Okay, have a great day everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YOU LIE!

Marvelous, my ass.  Wink

I am going to come and MAKE YOU SMILE! Smile

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today is also marvelous because it is KAREN'S BIRTHDAY!!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!

Docket_Rocket

I have 6 miles and maybe some kickboxing, we'll see.  Starting to breathe a bit better but that's the prednisone talking.

Liz, hell no.  Mondays are no reason to smile, so don't come in and try.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

My boss is out all week--woohoo!!!! Marvelous!!!

Group Power class this morning. done

Karen--sounds like the party was a success. Lol about Riley and his new buddy -- a queso covered toddler!

Lizzie--Love the flooring!!

Damaris--hope the prednisone gives you some relief!

Elina--sorry about the work drama. Hope it settles down.

Later!

dhuffman63

Trails

Back to work from vacation.

Happy Birthday Karen.

Another cup of coffee and it might start to be marvelous but I'm leaning more towards Damaris.

Kat it's awful to watch one's parents struggle.

Seloc

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!

Gatsby – thanks for playing and sharing your story.  No wonder couch to 50K this time around worked for you!  Hee hee  Racing in interesting locations is kinda the best.  19mi is medium long??  Whoa.  Aw, dang, was off by a day on the BIG birthday!  I kinda thought that was the case but wasn’t trusting myself.  Will remember now!  The day man landed on the moon!

Lizzie – so super jealous of your pool day!  That sounds awesomely fun.  MUCH better than sweating on the patio like I was doing haha.  Nice run on Saturday!  That weather was LESS than ideal and you still did it!  A bridal shower in a few weeks?  AWESOME!!  Super jealous of your weather, lady!  But you do deserve it.  Congrats on finding a wedding planner!  I bet that’s a huge load off.  I LOVE that flooring!  I have similar (different color) in my kitchen and love it.  Enjoy your week without the Mammel!!

Ginny – thanks for sharing your running story!  I cannot imagine you overweight either – you are so tiny.  Nice job working with the trainer.  Did you get out for a run yesterday?

Karen – HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!  Did you get breakfast from DH before he leaves town?  Hee hee  Glad you liked the book!  That friend is battin 1000 with the recs.  I read The Dry by Jane Harper over the weekend – another good one.  Your party sounded fun!  And bonus that it wore Riley out.  I went “awwwwwwwwww” when you said he’s pals with the 2 year old.  That must be adorable.

Tessa – whoa a fruit pick in that heat would be killer.  Nice job on that!  How are the kitties doing?

HCK – nice speedy 5K!

Elina – thanks for sharing your running story.  Sorry work is so crazy.  Good luck!

Damaris – sorry for the breathing problems.  Will dryer weather help?  Ugh.  You never seem to catch a break with marathon weather!  When do you guys fly out?

I guess this is the week of bosses out!  Although I’m not jumping for joy as it usually means more work for me.  Sigh.  8mi “long” run Sat, a shuffling 3mi yesterday.  Rest day today.  Saturday wasn’t bad but I started too fast and ran out of water half way through.  Need to readjust routes from here on out to swing by for refill.  Yesterday I lazed in bed reading and sipping coffee until 8am and by then it was HOT.  Blech.  Pretty boring weekend otherwise.  Lots of reading on the patio and then cooling off indoors rinse and repeat.  Only person I spoke to all weekend was the check out clerk at Target. LOL  Yep, my life is lame.  Nothing on tap for the week either.  Will still try to make it marvelous!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 35 minutes out the trail with a friend. Afterwards while I stretched I saw a house finch. It was very close. I even saw cow birds and red headed woodpeckers when I went to my car.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday Buddy and his daughter and I did 80 minutes out the trail. We laughed a most of the way. At the end of the run we saw 6 deer who took over the road and stopped traffic. 

Today I hope to do an early morning run out the trail. However, I’m getting a slow start. 

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, congrats on the wedding planner!!  Glad you were able to find the right one.  I hope you like your floors.  So happy your run was so good!!  No, I am not worried about Mom at the Polar Bears, we will be sitting/standing mostly.  We are going to Sri Lanka and Dubai in February, and that will be hot and very humid in Sri Lanka which is what gets Mom.  Lots of walking there.   Yes, I FINALLY downloaded my photos, though I have ZERO idea how I did it...

Damaris, sorry about having to go back on pred.  Enjoy kick boxing tonight if you go.  I can see you doing it.  Getting all bad ass and all.

Sue, enjoy the week without the boss!!

Diane, welcome back.  Hope you had a lovely time.

Sandy, I have had plenty of weekends like yours, where the only person I speak to is a stranger at the checkout line... I am usually buying wine though.   Sometimes it is peaceful that way though.  I finally got to sit on my back porch last night.

Judy, nice Sunday run!!!

Karen, queso toddler made me laugh as well.  Mom used the ThunderShirt on her dog and felt it helped.  For $16, it is a steal, camo and all.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Worked yesterday, strange day.  Lots of cheap asses who refused to do basic care.  Lots of grumpy clients early on.  Fairly busy all day.  It was a nice break from Mom.

Speaking of Mom...  Someone (who me??) got her a wee bit tipsy last night at dinner at the wine bar.  Oops.  She was rather irritated at it though and shuffled into bed rather early.  What a waste of a good buzz.

Today, who knows!  We are going to go down to the Riverwalk later on for dinner and drinks, possibly with a coworker.  We will Uber it if they come, and likely do it either way so someone (who me??) can have a few extra cocktails.  Mmmmm, margaritas.  Sadly I really like the cheapie ones out of the machine drenched in mango syrup.  Those go down nicely...

Tomorrow she leaves, flight out at 1pm.

I hope everyone is able to have a marvelous Monday, even Damaris.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yes, it's the Monday after a short holiday week, it should be marvelous.     Awesome running weather this weekend, it's nice to be able to breathe and run at the same time!  (I feel for you, Damaris!)  50 minute out&back run on Saturday and 9.3 mile long run on Sunday (1 hour and 36 minutes).     I was on call for work but didn't get any calls.  I took a chance and went to DH's union picnic at the Zoo on Saturday.  It was such a beautiful day and I didn't want to be stuck inside!

My fast co-worker, aka Mr. Math did this run this weekend (Zee is his nickname because his last name starts with Z):

Lizzie, I'm glad you had an awesome run!  Congrats on booking the wedding planner!  That is quite a difference in pricing.  Enjoy the week without Mammel!  That flooring looks nice.  I would like to replace the crappy carpet in our dining/living room with flooring like that.

Damaris, I hope the prednisone helps.  Enjoy the run and kickboxing!

Sue, enjoy your week without the boss!

Karen, happy birthday!  Sounds like a nice party!  Great that Riley got tired out and slept well.  I finished After Anna this weekend.  Interesting read.  The ending was a little unbelievable, but I am OK with that.    I haven't read the Mary DiNunzio/Bennie Rosato books.  I will have to add those to my list!  I am about 2/3 of the way through Behind Closed Doors.  Nice Cathy run, BTW.  LOL.

Diane, I hope your vacation went well.

Sandy, my boss is here this week.  He was gone for 3 weeks though.  I have my one on one meeting with him tomorrow.  Yay!  Nice running this weekend!  Oops on running out of water!  It did get hot yesterday.  After my run I didn't leave the house.  DH took the kids to the pool so I could sit and read.    I am about 2/3 of the way through Behind Closed Doors, started it yesterday.

Judy, sounds like a fun 80 minutes on the trail!  An older gentleman that was walking in the park pointed out that a deer was watching me run.  

Kat, I'm glad you got the camera working with the computer!  You got your mom tipsy?    Enjoy the Riverwalk.  Those cheapie margaritas are good!  Sorry that your mom's visit has been frustrating.

Margaret, nice 19 miler!  Yes, my girls would ride their bikes with me while I ran.    Wow, nice running story about your first marathon.

Elina, sorry about the work issue!  Wow, that sounds like an exciting task.  

Kupcakes, speedy race!

Cathy

Whew! I forgot we had some folks visiting from HQ. Glad I look nice today. . Often I just wear my church outfit to work on Monday....Bobby has put on some pounds!  I, however, look marvelous!! Hahaha

Kat--I LOVE the Riverwalk.  Enjoy!

Lizzie--Yay on the wedding planner.

dhuffman63

Trails

My story:  I've always been active, rode horses, one summer I worked out thoroughbreds at a nearby farm, surfed, PADI open water scuba certified.  Senior year of HS I did track but just to get out of classes.  I ran in the Army cause I had to.  While in Germany I'd do the 10k Volksmarches on the weekends and some aerobics.  After we got back to the States I did very little until I got a horse again, then I did Endurance, Competitive Trail and Dressage with her.  Once we moved to where we live now I didn't ride anymore cause there was no one around and DH was in the Air Guard and gone a lot.  So horses retired.  I had a huge garden but when I was diagnosed with Graves I found it took all my energy just to go to work every day so I did nothing.  In 2015 I had an issue with DH and started the C25k....took me 3 times before I could complete it.  I did my first 5k in Apr of 2015 and did 12 more that year.  Then next year I did my first trail 5k and was hooked, I did some more 5ks, then a trail 10k and the RD for that one was doing the White River HM in Arkansas in Nov and asked if I wanted to go too.  It sounded too hard but I went and used the run/walk from Galloway.  Was hooked on HM's and in 2017 did 3 and got my Half Fanatics.  Then signed up for the Hawk trail marathon and Lisa said she'd come down and do it with me.  Did my first 50k in Oct 2017 and now I'm hooked on Ultras.  I forgave DH but I'm still out there cause I found I really like it.

Vacation was exactly as I expected...I wanted to take a break before beginning 50 mile training and just do nothing....sorry Sue, I slept in and missed the opportunity to meet up on the 4th.  My brother came over and we chatted.  I spent a lot of time just hanging out with my dad and mom.  It rained every day.

Lizzie glad you got what you needed.  We have Pergo throughout the house.  Much easier to clean with 4 dogs.

Damaris I'm sorry you are having issues again. Breathing is one of those things I like to do....oh and eat.

Kilmisters

It is, indeed - National holiday here Big grin

Lizzie, Sue; enjoy the week w/o bosses Smile

Sandy, laughing about the introvert weekend! Nothing wrong w not communicating to, uhm, anyone. We all need those kind of weekends too.

Cathy, people who do this (the running route thing) amaze me. Then again, if he is Mr. Math, he had no issue pulling smth like this off Big grin

I've done almost nothing today. Nothing. Sorry not sorry. About to head out for a run; K always loves to join in her running stroller!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris