Womens Running

Think I Miss Vacation Already (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, it's a tough thing about the Ohio Offset. They pay for one retirement by using the other one.

Tessa, I'm so sorry about DH. I hope you can get help of some kind. Do you have something in CA like our Agency on Aging? That is our agency for resources for aging, illness, etc.

Wednesday I did 35 minutes running with coach at a faster speed. He is training for one part of a marathon relay so I have someone faster to keep up with. Good workout. Then I walked the track for 1.5 miles with another friend. Cardio for 20 minutes when I got home.

Track run and cardio when I get home today.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Tessa-so sorry to hear what sounds like a never-ending list which you know will cascade into more things since so many of those are triggers for other conditions/ailments/treatments. I know that you are active with your church. I know that you are accustomed to being the one giving and doing but now is the time to be the recipient. Is there some respite or support available through the church. Counseling would seem in order to help Dan come to grips with what is going on within his body and his brain. Something that will help him to be accepting and receptive to a clear regime and newer set of expectations for activity/life. Order and system seem to be about the only salvation when all else is falling by the wayside. I do hope that you can find someone who can connect with him to help him to see this and accept it. My mom did well with a journal sort of system. Medical regime was spelled out like an itinerary and she wrote notes of what happened each day, who visited, what went on in news, etc. She could then look back so that she didn't feel adrift when someone insisted that they had been there 2 days before and she couldn't remember it. A bit like the movie where the girl forgets everything overnight so they create a scrapbook and video for her to go through every morning. I hate to say this but I'm sure that you know this likely won't be a prolonged and lingering situation. Don't let guilt eat at you,but do be open and make plans to accommodate and perhaps shift some of your schedule. Sometimes I think this endurance thing that we learn and do isn't really for our physical benefit. The mental part of that training is surely being pulled into use right now. I pray that your family will get through today (that's all for the moment) with peace and minimal confusion. That you remember to visit the "aid stations" that are around you for support. Maybe it helps to think of Dan as one of the many athletes you have patiently, and with great humor and wiseness, shepherded through the roughest of events physically/mentally to the finish line. Go team Tessa!!

Lisa

On another note...

Tightness in knee minimal today but sharp localized pain in the front, inner part of kneecap area. There is bruising there still. WTF. Going to not "walk" today but do the strength exercises. Maybe this pain is from walking a bit off and things not tracking correctly? that's sort of what it feels like. I am visibly favoring the leg and sort of limping. I can't/won't wear sneakers at work but will wear them in / out of building today and rest of day vs flip flops.  Swelling seems to have improved a lot. I've been reading that yoga seems to help with recovery...think it's too soon for that? Also thinking about rejoining Planet Fitness and making use of the personal trainer program that they have there with the equipment. Too soon ya think? Dr office just keeps saying to take it slowly and do what's comfortable. Sheesh. don't they know I need a customized, personal plan for each day, including times, distances, pace, # of reps, weight involved, etc. LOL

I start Weight Watchers at work today. Mindless eating no more. Well, less.

Lisa

A/C is off at the office this morning.  Again.  Hope they get it working soon.  Slept in a little, ran 5 miles.  It rained last night, so it was a little cooler this morning.

VBS is wearing me out.  Didn't get home till after 8:30 pm last night.  Tired!

Tessa, sorry to hear about DH's conditions.  I hope y'all are getting help from home health, church, etc.

Webex today after lunch.  Think I will just shut my door and take a nap!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Spent most of the afternoon at a work baby shower.  The run last night went well.  12 miles this morning.  Working from home.

JUdy, nice faster run.

Lisa, sorry about the knee.

Tessa, what Lisa said.  Take care of you as well.

Sue, I hate those days.  One time they made us work all day even when the AC was not working and the temps climbed past 85F inside.  Stay hydrated.

Damaris

camille2

Lisa, do you have a physical therapist? If not, I'd recommend asking for one who works with athletes.  It makes a world of difference and they could help you with an individual plan..

Tessa, still thinking of you and hoping your husband improves.  Is he getting PT thru home care? My dad's home PT after his stroke got him moving when none of us could. It does take a good one though.

There's the ad for physical therapy today. : )   Happy runs, everyone.

ginnyb

Tessa....thinking of you, like Cindy said, I really do think of you and your situation during the day and wish there were something we could do to help.  I thought Lisa's post was excellent!  She is so good with words!

As for the SS, yes it is because we get a state pension, but I still think it is unfair, one has nothing to do with the other!

Wasn't  going to run this morning as I overslept, but I did get out for 3 miles.

My GD's team keeps winning, so 2 more games tonight.  It's fun and she had a couple great catches!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Really quick check in (and I'm sorry that I haven't kept up on posts from earlier in the week!).  4 miles with speedwork today.  After doing hill repeats yesterday with my PowerBoost class.  Oh my butt and legs are tired.  I've been missing vacation since April, BTW.

Tessa, sending more hugs and prayers your way.  Listen to Lisa.  She is wise.

Lisa, seems like your MD isn't giving you much guidance.  Like Camille said, can you get a referral to a PT that works with runners/athletes?   As wise as you are (see above), if it were me I'd consult a professional about how much and what type stretches / strength training / yoga / walking you should be doing.  You shouldn't have to muddle through on your own.

Hi Judy, Crazysue, Damaris, Camille, Ginny and everyone else to come!  Have a good day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

But don't we as a group count as professionals?  No PT. said I didn't need it. Mental therapy probably more in order.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, when you say "no PT, said I didn't need it" do you mean you told the dr you didn't need it or the dr told you you didn't need it? Because I think it would help.

Glad the swelling is down, not sure why still bruising, and regarding the gym I'd be careful. Some personal trainers are good but some are not that educated from what I have seen. Good for you on WW, is that how you lost the weight last time?

Thanks for your kind words. You are right. These things are cascading. I am hoping for his sake that it's at least not too painful. He hates feeling like this and I'm not sure he's realized that his situation is only going to get worse andthe longer he stays in that recliner the more muscle tone he loses. Physical therapist is supposed to come today or tomorrow, and the home health nurse tomorrow also. He's barely eating and still nauseated and vomiting. I think his body is trying to shut down and his mind hasn't accepted it yet. We're supposed to be having a social worker get back to us with information on local resources.

And this may be awful, but as my boss put it, if he was a dog or cat I would have already called the vet and made an appointment.  Thank you for putting it into words that this is unlikely to be a prolonged and lingering situation. I am hoping for his sake (and ours) that it won't be. It seems that once one system started failing then the others followed suit.

Judy, I'm not sure about the Agency on Aging, I am talking to Aetna which has a nurse care manager assigned to us. How did you manage before your DH went into care?

Susan, ugh on no AC. In Mississippi in July? That must be disgustingly hot. Do the windows even open?

Damaris, 12 on a workday -- good job!

Camille, the first physical therapist visit to our home is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon.

Ginny, that doesn't seem right. Unless the pensions are so generous that you don't need SS. I thought SS was one leg of a tripod, the other two being pensions and savings.

And yay you on the 3 miles and to DGD on her softball wins and catches. How are the babies doing?

Gatsbybird, thanks, and congrats on the speedwork.

4 this morning with running neighbour. Also I went to the store last night and ran 3.85 miles from there, needed it badly. I'm at work this morning but going home early and will work from home tomorrow.

And if anyone heard a squeal of joy from our direction, it was DD. DS was on Costco's website filling out a job application and had to pick a city, and on there was an announcement that they are now hiring for a number of upcoming store openings including Sioux Falls. She has wanted one there for years. At this point the closest Costcos to her are either Minneapolis or Omaha.  She is very happy.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, prayers, advice, and suggestions. It means a lot.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sigh, Tessa, sorry you're going through all of this.  Sorry your husband has to go through all this but you are also suffering too through it.  Hugs.

Damaris

ginnyb

okay, one of the sites I follow on FB is a local garage sale, this was posted today, seriously....

10.00 Male Ginny Pig . . Needs a new home . . My daughter is to rough with him . Text me for a pic . He is white & Black, smooth hair . Very loveable . 4

Male "ginny" pig....really?  I think you mean guinea.  Really is making me laugh though.  I don't know the person, but I so want to correct them!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, we qualified for Medicaid so I was able to get help through them. They have a group that does home care and he qualified. Medicare bought a beautiful wheelchair also. DH kept falling several times a day. He is a 6 footer so I was unable to help him up. He had to try and do it himself. I would sit on a chair and he would climb up the back. It worked until he went into the hospital. He was taken off all drugs (including Excelon for dementia) and I realized how ill he was, how much the meds were keeping him going. Through Medicaid I was able to get help for him while I was at work. After the hospital, it had to be the nursing home since I found out how bad he was. DS wanted him into a home sooner since it was dangerous for both of us.

I wish you the very best with this. :::MANY HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

annieSusan

I've been MIA for no special reason, but I have read enough lately to keep,up, I think. Taking kind of a cutback week, because of a hip niggle, but my 3 miles this morning felt just fine so the hip niggle may not be running-related. Good swims and two good bike rides this week.

Tessa, others here have been so eloquent. I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family. You truly have a lot on your plate. Know that I am thinking of you.

Ginny, a ginny pig? Lol!

hi everyone else! I will try to be better about posting!

annieSusan