Womens Running

Hopeful weekend (over 40) (Read 24 times)

ginnyb

Hopeful for temps in the 50's tomorrow.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Lisa....I hear you about the softball games in the Spring around here.  My GD plays today too, but the wonderfulness of being the grandparent is that I don't HAVE to go...no guilt involved!  Have fun!  Hope you feel ok running this weekend.

Quite sure I am ditching the 5K this morning, it is freezing and terribly windy, It just isn't in me today.  I did not register ahead of time, so.....still debating it in my mind, starts at 8.  Planning on my long run tomorrow and I really prefer to rest the day before, we shall see. Tons of housework to do also and at noon I am meeting some previous neighbor ladies for lunch.

Fran...we always have room for more!  Welcome!

Marjorie....sorry you have this worry about your Dad.  He is only 9 years older than I am!  That's scary.  You people all have an intervention if I am ever contemplating remarrying if something should ever happen to my DH.  I love him dearly, but don't think I would marry again, is that bad????

Amy...so nice to see you here again, I do see your posts on FB.

Crazysue...hope the back is better.

I better go, but will be back

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Ducking in for a quick hello before I head out for 7 miles or so.

Gatsby - eating chocolate is always worth reporting!

Ginny - I would definitely ditch a 5K in lousy conditions if you haven't already registered.

Lisa - I thought you loved rollie? Sorry it doesn't seem to be helping.

Running buddy is here. Hope to BBL to check in on everyone.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi all.

Ginny yes we will have an intervention!

Fran welcome. Hop on in

Lisa rolly isn't that bad. Haha.

Exchanged a bunch of messages with my dads fiances daughter yesterday. We hashed out most of the reception. Sigh. How do I get roped into this?  So much cool stuff now. They sure didn't have this stuff when I got married. Or it wasn't as accessible as it is now with the Internet.   Dad is upset with his church. They want him to go through a zillion things and he refuses. He is set on June 15 th. and I finally got the answer as to why. It was interesting. Any ways. They insist on 6 months and paying for a ton of things. Just odd as I think maybe he really didn't convey what he wanted. Simple vows. No service. No music etc.

Hey Gatsby.

I will be back. No puppy pool today so I didn't have to run early even though I was still up super early. I woke at 4. Finally got up at 5. Played on my iPad. Now I can go run.

Marjorie

Need to get offline and on the road... shake out run to see what's happening with the leg and the new shoes.  wish it were warmer.

Lisa

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hello all!

Got back from work travel last night.  Unfortunately, didn't get to do a run at the lake (one of the finger lakes) due to that massive storm that came through.  So, today, it's my long run.  It will be indoors  Yucky, chilly weather.  But... this week coming up..... WOW... temps in the 60's an very little rain!    Can't wait!!

Didn't check in yesterday, so lots of shout outs!

Damaris:  LOVE the new pic.

Marjorie - When my Mom was still with us, I resigned as the family mediator.  I hung up my super hero cape, and decided that no matter how many things I "fixed" it was never going to make a long term difference.  Once I resigned, my life was much, much more serene.  Just wanted to let know it's an option.

Camille - So far as I know, Miami in February is quite nice.

Karen - yes, I'm dreaming about a Ragnar right now.  It's an expensive trip/race.  But, I really want to do one at some point.  The Miami race in February seems perfect for some race tourism (February is the PERFECT time to get out of NY to warmer places).   I have about four people up here who would be strong contenders.  However, I also know that the coordination for 12 people, two vans, drivers, and other stuff is not easy long distance.   So, I dream.

Gatsby - WTG on your 2:04!

Tessa - Going natural with the gray, huh?  Work it, girl!   As for the campus... if your daughter didn't wear her pajamas inside out, then the lack of closure COULD be her fault... lol

Lisa - that IS a busy day... to not be able to open a new box of shoes!   As for the IT/Hammies .... have you tried the figure four stretch?  That stretch has been a miracle for me with the outside of my leg and hips!

Ginny - spring will come... I saw it in the forecast!  Smile

AnnieSusan - good for you on the check up!  And woo hoo on the strength training.  I love my strength and core training.  I also love what it does for my body shape.

Fran - welcome!  We are glad to have another person on the forum!   I was a beginner in March 2012.  I have learned SO much from these ladies.  They're a wealth of wisdom and knowledge!   Where are you from?

Okay... time to suck down my last cup of coffee, eat some breakfast and really start my day!

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

<--- Knows how to do interventions...  lol

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Well that sucked.  Aborted run after 2 miles of run / walk. Now can barely even put weight on leg. Forced extreme taper continues.

Ginny-we've got your back but don't make any plans. your dh seems to be going strong. LOL  Remarrying after a certain age... thinking of the old young male adage involving cows and free milk .. cracking myself up with our own version...

Why buy the bull when you can get the shit for free.

Maybe it's the pain but I'm literally laughing at my own bad joke.

Cindy-it is a love / hate relationship.  Now I'm pissed at Rolly since he/it has let me down on top of everything else. (for those newer here.. "Rolly" is how I have personified my evil foam roller)

Marjorie-Freudian typo there on your part... you must have known that Rolly would lead to folly.

Julie-I know that stretch well and most every variation of it.  Another February relay to consider for next year would be the Dances With Dirt Green Swamp one.  Would be WAY cheaper, only one vehicle involved. 5 people. trails. And a very goofy race director and crew.  Plus you could dress up for it with a themed team, decorate your vehicle.  I'm putting it on radar for next year myself. As a marathon or ultra event though for me. Tessa, Karen and I have all participated in DWD events so can attest to how non-challenging they are. You don't like to get dirty so that will fit in too.  I'm jesting.

Lisa

<--- Knows how to do interventions...  lol

I'm always up for a road trip too.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - UGH on the ITB issue....hope you get your "rolly on" and it gets fixed..

Julie - I have always wanted to do some type of relay - hence the North Country this summer.  We will see after that!  Lisa mentioned DWD in Florida....yikes, wonder if that would mean water with Gators....scared of that!

Ginny - Will spring ever get here!!!  Too funny on the intervention...we are all enablers - only with running tho LOL!

Marjorie - No puppy pool, poor poochies....enjoy your run!

Anniesusan - First congrats on the weight loss and good check up!  Second....how did you get the 10 pounds off...seriously, I am ready to chop a leg off...I CANNOT get the scale to budge...we did a weight loss challenge....Camille was able to get hers off!  I am beyond frustrated.

So very last minute (as of yesterday) decided to do a Half tomorrow.  Sometimes I like to just be spontaneous and go for it!

Have a great day everyone!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.4. Slowed down with having done marathon paced runs yesterday.

Cindy when is your next race?

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

iPad auto correct sucks. I don't always catch it and sometimes it makes no sense.

Julie oh I know I can resign. My dad is so helpless most the time. Funny because he never seemed like that until my mom died.

Carol no puppy pool as they are at an event today so they are closed. It will be Hammys cut back week.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, I have not dropped off the Earth lol

What a week!  I ran Monday morning, since I had the day off.  That was the 'last' of decent weather around here.  Started raining Monday afternoon and through Thursday.  Our driveway floods pretty quickly and can seep into the basement, so I spend those three days running a pump to prevent a flood.  It doesn't have an auto shut off, so I had to come home every couple of hours and run it.  It was so icky out, I had absolutely no desire to run at all.  Thursday, started sleeting, then snowing, we had a helluva mess Friday.  I couldn't get my car out of the drive to go to work (ice) so I then warmed up BF's truck to take that.  While cleaning off the snow, and with the truck running, no doubt, I accidentally locked the truck with my purse, phone, etc inside of it.  And....WE HAVE NO EXTRA KEY!! Cry  Oh, have to mention that the BF was in southern Ohio all week.  OMG.  He did drive home asap and went to get an extra key made from the local dealership, but it didn't work.  Uhhh, he finally was able to pry open the door a bit and use something to unlock the door.

I did get out this morning for 6 miles.  I'm running a Half tomorrow and am going to just run it with a friend as a training run.  Her mileage has been lacking so I'm guessing it will be about a 2:30 time frame.  I'm okay with this plan, I really don't feel like racing anyway.  I have a Half in late May that is more of a target race.  I'm running about 60 miles south of my hometown so at least there's no snow down there.

Hi Ginny, Cindy, Marjorie, Julie, Lisa, Carol, Tessa, Camille, Damaris, Sue.....Smile

Bikerchick1

LCruns - What an awful mess for you!!!  I will probably see you in the "backofthepack" tomorrow....decided to do Half - I am using it for a long training run as well.  We don't have snow - yet- down here Roll eyes

Carol-hmmm... chopping off leg for 10 pound weight loss seems like a completely viable option at the moment for me.

Marjorie-thanks again for helping out.

AnnieSusan-yes, congrats on weight loss!!

Laura-that sounds like the sort of stuff I would do.  okay. I have done.  not fun.

So diagnosis is that dreaded sciatic nerve acting up. Sitting on heating pad, Aleved up, and doing some gentle stretches from time to time.

Only good thing about ditching the run was that shortly after getting back it started to rain,sleet,hail out. may have had snow mixed in there too for a quad weather mess. Stopped and not enough now to cancel dd's softball game though. Groan. This leg is just throbbing.  10 pound weight loss.  hmmmm

Lisa