Womens Running

Mattress Monday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, congrats to your daughter.

How nice it would have been to have remained with the mattress this morning.

Last Wednesday I did a 15 minute run and 35 cardio before we left on the trip. During the conference I was doing so much walking that running was not feasible.

Saturday I did a 15 minute run and 15 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday it was supposed to rain so I did 60 minutes on the TM in our building with a friend who is an avid exerciser.

Today will be a track run.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope you had a nice time away!  Agree on the mattress monday Smile

Karen - Ouch, on the foot!  Rest is probably a good thing.  Hope it is better today.

Gatsby - Nice picture!

Ginny - Good for you for getting your LR in!

Lisa - Congrats to your DD!!!  She is really growing up.  Sounds like a  very busy week-end for you.

Yesterday did a nice hill work-out with RB.  Today lunch with a DF (we have been friends since 5th grade )  We see each other a few times a year.  If I get home in time will go to stability class.  Saturday am doing a 25K, so not pushing the miles this week.

Have a great Monday!

Carol

I did stick with the mattress longer today. opted to skip working out and get another 1.5 hours of rest.

man, yesterday I felt like I had run a marathon!!  That judging is so stressful. I know what my attention and comments mean to the kids so take it very seriously. We have to time them (if they want us to we will also display minute countdown cards to them, 30 second, 15 second and then count last 10 seconds down on our fingers) and take notes during their presentations so that we can justify/give reason for our ranking... also so that they have something to work on for the next time.  At this level there are 2 judges in the room for the 3 preliminary rounds, and the semi-finals, then 3 judges for each final round.  We can look at the scores posted on line the next day.  one judge may give a kid a 1 and another gives the same kid a placing of 4 or 5 for the exact same performance.  It's so subjective.  that happened to Kaite in 2 of her early rounds. And in the final round, where she felt she did the worst, she has two 3 placings, and one 2 placing.

Back to my usual life.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me.

Worked on our home lap top computer to fix some issues.  I think I did it.  I should have been an IT person Smile The display driver was crashing.  Since I was messing around I also uninstalled some things that we don't need that were slowing down the computer.

Gatsby your pic made me smile.  ("i'm on the right" ).  Since that was the only girl I hope so!

Karen hope it is just from the laces on the shoe and that it goes away

Nice hill work out Carol.  I hope to be back to ATL soon and get to run my hilly neighborhood

Lisa I bet the judging is difficult!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all,

Left foot/ankle is annoying the crap out of me. I woke up this morning and was practically limping. The pain is sort of on my ankle, but above and in front of the knobby thing on the outside, so sort of on the top edge of my foot. After walking from the train to the office though, the pain has pretty much gone away. I will probably not run tonight to be cautious. If it doesn't bother it, I may ride my bike instead. I do not like this - half marathon in less than two weeks, still need to lose 3 pounds and I can't run! Hopefully a couple days off will take care of it.

Nice picture, Gatsby. Thanks for clarifying which one you were!

Welcome back Judy!

Carol, nice to keep in touch with old friends. Enjoy lunch!

Lisa, judging sounds hard. Good for you for doing it, though. And DD looks so grown up in the picture you posted yesterday.

Marjorie, it seems like a lot of computer issues can be fixed with logic and persistence, so I'm not surprised you fix most of it yourself. And if that doesn't work, I find placing a hammer on the computer to remind it of its place helps too. 

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

annieSusan

Hi Judy! Nice to have you back.

Carol, enjoy your lunch with your long-time friend.

Lisa, your judging does sound exhausting. i am sure you did a good job with it, and that the kids appreciate your feedback. Congrats to your DD!

MarjorieAnn, good for you for being able to solve your IT problem.

Karen, sounds like a really good idea to give your foot a rest. Fingers crossed that it feels better soon. Hopefully you are able to ride your bike with no pain.

I ran a half-marathon on Saturday and it went pretty well. This is only the second HM that I have ever done, and it went pretty well. it was a small one, the same one that I did several years ago, so I kind of knew what to expect. I did PR, plus I won my AG; and there WERE other women in my age group!  I am pleased..

Also, I convinced my DH to walk the 5K. He has been walking a lot (usually to work and back) during the past 3 or 4 years, and has really grown to love it. Plus he walks pretty briskly. However, this is the first time he has ever walked in a "race" kind of situation, and he just did it to have something to do while he waited for me. He has never been at all competitive athletically, so it was interesting to see him look over the race results for his age group and start talking about what he could do differently "next time" to speed up!

good runs to all of you

annieSusan

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsbybird, no, we thought "the truth is out, she really is a bald guy posting on a women's forum!" Seriously, nice picture.

Lisa, congratulations to DD. Big competition! Sorry you did not get to see her present. And sorry for the 2 out of 36 who didn't make it to semis!

AnnieSusan, congratulations on your half marathon and especially on your PR and winning your age group!

Carol, what 25K are you doing?

Marjorie, you do know a lot about computers! I am afraid to uninstall things.

Karen, sorry your foot is hurting. So it is sort of at the "hinge" where your foot meets your ankle? When mine hurt there I find stretching helps, point the foot down and put the tops of the toes on the floor and press gently so the front of the foot/ankle stretch. Think almost a ballet pointe but with the shin further forward and angled at about 45*-60* from the floor.

Busy weekend. Raced on Sunday morning. It started at 3 AM. I think I was among the oldest in the field at that location, the registration skewed young, and I was one of the few who had actually been to bed (to sleep!) the night before. A lot of the "runners" had closed down the bars in the area and then walked or staggered over to the start line, since closing time is 2 AM in California. I made it just over 12km before being caught by the chase car, then the promised shuttle buses were full and not picking up any more runners so we all ran back the 2.5 more miles to the start line and race festival. Waited a bit for dawn and then did another 6.5 before WW.

And beat the mattress magnet this morning because RN wanted to run. That helped. 4 miles.

Closing down the forum yet again, I'm afraid!  Hooray to all of us for surviving another Monday.  Just a quick hello to all.  Great job, AnnieSusan on your HM (PR and AG win!) and to your DH.   Tessa, you were racing again?!   Good night!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Quick note

tons of walking the last couple days. We went to murano's glass demo yesterday and then BArano's lace demo.  Charming town.  We have been using the Venice boat/buses and having a few unintentional detours. : ) we saw Cemetary island, too.  : ). A few more of my 63 things.  we start the cruise today so I plan to run 3 after we board and 4-5 tomorrow when we have a sea day.

AnnieS, congrats on thee win!  Neat that your hubby liked racing!  Congrats on his first.

Lisa, congrats to katie!  I would hate to be a judge but it's great to have people take it seriously.

Have a great day everyone!