Womens Running

Tis the Season Thursday - Supermoms (Read 313 times)

jmmiller

RG: I went to Old Navy yesterday too. They had some great deals! I'm curious what an easy pace is for you too!

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

Bermy: I'm laughing thinking about the spinach at the bottom of your BOB. The party sounded fun! Thanks for motivating the planks challenge!

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

strollermama

Jen - Unfortunately all of our friends live like 45 minutes away, except for one who is 38 weeks pregnant.  She always offers to babysit but I feel bad because she is exhauusted, already had a 2 year old, and may go into labor at any time Smile.  I think we will just hire a sitter for a date night.  I am not quite ready to leave DS over night just yet with anyone but my parents, and even then I am not too sure.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

jmmiller

Plank Challenge: wow I knew my core needed work... 44 seconds. Sorry for all the separate posts. Posting from my phone is terrible.

twinmom_112002

ER: Just finished my plank....did it behind my desk at work.

KR: Last night we had to do some creative planning to get everyone to swim and soccer. It meant that my youngest had to leave soccer 15 minutes early. She came up to dh and complained because "dad! This is training!" Glad they are all committed to their sports. Tonight is going to be more of the same because dh is coaching his high school soccer team right now and they have a game.

NRR: Mastered the run yesterday but the food went downhill. Sometime soon I will master them both on the same day.

NRR2: My life is boring...can't really think of anything interesting enough to post. Guess that can be a good thing.

Patty: We laughed we found our my van came with seat warmers. I use them all the time now. Its great when my back or hamstrings are sore.

runnergirl: I miss snow so much. My kids have only seen it 3 times in their entire lives. Very cute about your ds catching the snowflakes.

Bermy: Glad the x-mas party was better than you expected. Maybe tonights will be too. Awesome about the skinny jeans!

Jen: Hopefully the full night's sleep is what your ds needed to be a happy camper today. As for the soup...I wouldn't eat it but then I just finished my Master's in Biology with an emphasis on Bacterial Evolution. After dealing with bacteria for the last year I am even more paranoid about food safety.

runnimer: I think we started showers around 4 but we didn't shower with them. We just put them in the shower and washed them up. Not sure if I could shower with my kids because at that age my kids were hoohaa height. Would have been wierd. But to each their own. This year is the first year where it feels weird to be naked in front of the older kids (they are 10).

shelby: Sorry about the retreat. Enjoy a great weekend as a family and sneak in that date night. I don't like ab work either but planks don't bother me for some reason. Just add a little time each time you do it.

CT: Will your lo sleep in the car ride to and from the office. Sucks that you ended up sacrificing a nap. It tends to throw the rest of the day when they don't nap like planned (off topic..god I wished my kids still napped - I miss that quite time). Glad your little one tolerated Santa. Now you know to hit up a different place for Santa next year.

mrszackmorris

rr: srd. we decided to have an "ugly christmas sweater fun run" when my entire extended family gets together right after christmas. now to find ugly sweathers for me and dh.

nrr: my mom is stopping over this morning to transfer some plants for us. we had these beautifully weird plants from dh's dad's funeral that we could not keep alive. ugh, i am bummed. so she is bringing over something easier for us to take care of...yah, we'll see.

nrr2 still have 200 pages to read in the book before saturday. i fell asleep yesterday afternoon reading it and then last night dh was talking to siri so i couldn't concentrate.

br: yesterday he was getting crabby in the afternoon so i asked him if it was time for nap. he walked to the stairs and started climbing them to his room. oh, and random crying when sleeping=new tooth!!

tr: were so excited st. nick came this morning. can't wait to do their crafts after school.

fr: probably totellini tonight or lefltovers.

---------------

zorbs: drop the hint to rp and maybe she'll get you another one for christmas. sushi lunch?

runnergirl: will you run in the snow with r once winter hits?

bermy: yay for fitting into skinny jeans! i have one pair that i LOVE and am having the hardest time finding skinny jeans that fit me nicely. let me know where yours are from.

jen: hope mil's surgery goes well! yah for dh coming home but boo on crabby baby. i'd say the soup is still good. i always use the philosophy that if it doesn't smell right it's not good anymore.

mer: you "only" run 5 days a week? as for the shower thing, i have only done it with the girls a handful of times probably starting around 2 or so. as for c, i probably won't.

shelby: nice job getting the 2 runs in every day. our dog is so sad when he sees me go to the treadmill instead of outside.

cmg: i like both those names too! dh comes from all kids being c's (there are 3 of them). with us we had the girls who both were 3 syllables so we thought if we had another girls she would need 3 syllables too. the name we liked actually did have three. but since we had a boy we figured we could do whatever, so we have cash. Smile

cx2: sounds like a super cute pictures. lame it's during nap. that's how it always seems to be for us too whenever someone plans something.

jmmiller: send me your ughly christmas sweater when you're done with it!

strollermama

NRR2: Forgot to add this is my original post but I am been feeling a little guilty lately about this move.  I am going to miss DH so so much and I am so sad for DS to be without his dad, but I am kind of excited...  Colorado is home to me - my parents are there, all of my friends, our house, our running group, and I miss the mountains so much.  Because we have been moving every 6 months, I really haven't bothered trying to make new friends (people tend to not want to hang out when you tell them you are leaving soon) so I am so excited to be back with all of my best friends and family.  And I miss the hiking (not so much the altitude).  I know I should feel really sad about leaving, but I can't help but feel excited.  I try to hide it from DH but I think he knows it.  He can't wait to get back either.... 

twinmom_112002

shelby: I think its perfectly natural to be excited. To are heading back to family and friends and continuing your schooling. Those are all positive things. Will dh be able to visit often? Will you guys be able to skype? I think having everyone in a happy place even though you are apart is better than 2 people together who are not completely fulfilled.

jm: 44 seconds is respectable! Good Job!

mrzm: I would try Kohls for an ugly sweater. They have some ugly stuff in that store. Sounds llike a fun run.

strollermama

Twinmom - Yes we should be able to skype and visit (as much as we can afford) when he is not in the field.  He will be off the grid from about April  - July and October- December .  It is part of the reason leaving isn't so bad because he will be gone often.  And thank you for the reminder about being in a happy place but being apart!  It will be much more fulfilling for me and he can focus on his schooling.

strollermama

mrszm - DH and I saw some of the uggliest sweaters known to man at Walmart.  PLus they were cheap!  Think kittens wrapped in garland Smile

Marathonjen

Jm – what was it with the kids yesterday…crazy.  My MIL has always had heart trouble so this is her 2nd ablasion.  She is in surgery right now…DH just texted me.  Hope your run goes well and yay for DH coming home.  Have fun at Target…I can’t leave that store without spending a ton.

Ctimes – I hope C isn’t too off with missing her nap today.  It sucks that you had to be the one to compromise but what a cool idea with the picture.  I hope your cold goes away quickly. 

Shelby – I totally understand about not wanting to leave DS with anyone.  We haven’t left DS yet and when we do (tomorrow night) it will be with SIL and she is staying at our house.

Twinmom – You crack me up with doing planks behind your desk…I would do the same!  I mastered the food yesterday but not the run…no run for me. 

Mrszm – I have a mental picture of your DH talking to siri…lol.  Good to know about the random crying…J woke up 2x last night with weird random cries…we suspect he is getting a new tooth.  His one molar is in and it is so big it looks weird.  Fun about the ugly sweater run!!

jmmiller

Jen: I hope everything goes well with the surgery. Was she born with a heart defect? My DH's mom was. Lots of sugeries but she was so strong through them all. I always think I'm saving at Target but I spend so much I can't be. We don't have one in our town so I feel like if I make the trip I need to get in on all the good deals. Lol.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - 5 miles on the TM this afternoon during naps.  Hopefully everyone cooperates!!

TR - has 'school' this morning.  I'm going to have to take O with me to the last 1 or 2 classes as MIL will be gone.  Hopefully O is good those weeks!!!  

BR - another good sleep! Smile  12 weeks old today!  Time flies!  And she can now go to the gym daycare, yay!

FR - more leftovers probably.  Whoever asked - I give leftovers a week, 'they' would probably say that's way too long but that's what I've always done and whta my mom does and we're all still alive!

Will do planks later after my run...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runswithrocky

ER - stroller walk + dogs.

NRR - DH and I had a fight.  I posted about it on FB.  I think some hard decisions are ahead.

FR - Casserole was great last night.  Dh thought it was just ok, but then went back for seconds.  Mixed messages much?!

TR - Got sick last night, but didn't make a peep so I didn't find out until this morning.  Poor baby.  But must've been a one-time thing since no temp and running around, giggling this morning.

Sorry - just generally feeling down this morning.  I'll be lurking.

Plank challenge - I got 3 x 20 seconds.  Each time I got interrupted.  Once dogs licking my face, then smelling my butt and finally the cat trying to rub against my belly, yes, while doing a plank.  Must shut door next time!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.8 miles with dog and stroller. Would have been 4 even but that last .8 I was running as fast as I could pushing the stroller (sub 10 pace) because of screetching and wailing. I ended up leaving about 15 minutes later than I should have for my run and it finished too close to bedtime.

BR: Fed him spaghetti (ww penne with meat sauce actually) for dinner and he kept saying "Mmmmm!" as he took bites. Every day I see more and more of DH and I in him, and I don't know that is terrifying or endearing yet.

FR: Spaghetti. Tonight is random party food at my work open house.

NRR: Just remembered that I offered to watch my Niece and Nephew while my sister and mom go to some political meeting, DH is at a regional fire council meeting and will be gone til late so I'm on my own with the hooligans.   Next weekend is my dad's family Christmas and I'm already feeling ill about it. My DH refuses to go to my dad's house because my stepmom and stepsister are Uber-Bitches. Everyone takes it personally and bad mouths DH. He has gone there for Xmas twice in our marriage- the very first year we were married, after which he swore to never go again, and then 2 years ago when my stepsister hired a photographer to do family portraits and DH relented for the sake of his pregnant wife and we stayed for like 3 hours total. The issues with my stepmom are too long to list, but she has no self reference/no filter and says the most god-awful rude things and thinks Mike is an a-hole because he bears a grudge. I would not be exaggerating when I say that none of us kids really enjoy our family gathering, we really only go because that is our only opportunity to see my brother and niece that fly out from Iowa.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07