Womens Running

Friday is Here! (Over 40) (Read 13 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I tried a new cardio DVD for 65 minutes. It had more fast footwork so it was good practice. There also was some weight work in it. To start, I just use the 1 pound hand weights to be on the safe side.

Today I know I will either run or do cardio, depending on whether or not I can get a ride to the track. The track run may be tomorrow. I also have a huge amount of walking to do tomorrow. We shall see.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - you are so right...Friday is Here!!!,  have a great one...

Ginny - so excited for you!!!!!  For sure let is know what charity you are going to fund raise for.

lisa - excited for you as well!!!  I have to pick your brain soon about NYC...not about running there just visiting.  My BFF from grade school (forever ago Wink are both turning 60 this year and decided we wanted to take a trip together to celebrate and we are thinking NYC.  Never been there, and don't know anything about it.

Karen - are you getting exited about the move?

sooooo, DD accepted job, was all excited, she made it "Facebook official "......then last night she texts me....guess we aren't going to Georgia.  Guess her DH doesn't want to leave his job, and she got really nervous about it.  I Could hear how disappointed she is, but stated the only person that this was good for was her, and she couldn't uproot everyone for her.....sigh, I'm relieved.

had a great time at cycle/yoga last night!  Fun track night on Tuesday, and a cold run on wed.  Today is LR.

Hi hi to all!

Carol

camille2

Crazy weather here.  Wed was foggy and wet but 70!  This morning, I woke up to snow.  I didn't expect it. The GA media must be getting used to snow, because they have regular programming on TV and there weren't hours of special forecasting. You gals in the North might appreciate this.   Last week, we had "practiced panic" (newspaper term) when snow was forecast yet again.  The governor declared a state for  emergency before a flake fell in GA.   Atlanta  cancelled schools in the city the day snow was supposed to move in on Wed and for Thursday. They had no snow.  (There was a lot north of city with my area getting 4.5" and near TN border, they got 7-9.)   Rather charming.

I got in my miles yesterday but didn't make it to town for gym.  I'm heading to NC today.

Carol, I know you're relieved Ali will stay near you.

Ginny, a couple of us wrote posts for you yesterday about TNT. Personally,  I hope you run for them and have a great team and coach. The groups sure make long runs better.

Judy, your soups sound great.

Gatsby, I'm glad your job is giving you a better lifestyle.

Marjorie, I had missed that your pups were going to camp.  Cute idea.

Lisa, the FBD comment was a compliment and sticking it out earns toughness points. I never ran with them.  My feet wouldn't warm up at less than -5 or -10, probably from being Southern bred.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ended up running 4 additional miles last night (with hubby), so 17 for the day, oops.  7 tonight.

Judy, enjoy either the run or cardio.

Carol, sorry for your daughter.  My husband has done that kind of thing several times (says yes, apply and accept and later says no).  Enjoy the LR.

Camille, enjoy your snow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

3 miles on TM again this morning.  My legs were tired though, don't know why that happens.

Thanks for the encouragement for TNT...not sure how all this works, will know more next week.

Home today, I work all day tomorrow.

Sun is shining, but still very cold.  They are saying 50 one day next week, but I don't believe them.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

TGIF!!!!  I'm only working half a day today.  Chiro and hair cut this afternoon.  And sewing.  Wink

Swam this morning.  Wow did the temps drop!  This morning it was 28F.  Yesterday morning it was in the low 60s.  We are supposed to ride bikes 4 hours tomorrow morning--not looking forward to that cold ride!

Carol, I know you are relieved DD and family are not moving.  Hope it all works out for the best.

Anonymous Guest

Cold here today. We ended up with about 8" of snow yesterday. I'm working from home again today. The government did a 2-hour delay, but only 2 made it into my office (our inclement weather policy is to follow the feds). I need to go in this weekend and clean out my office and bring home anything that I want to make the move (so my monitors, docking station, a few books and some files). If I get that stuff in with the movers, it will be insured and anything that is broken will be replaced and I don't have to worry about it like I would if I shipped it myself.

Yesterday's workout was snow shoveling. Today I will run a few easy on the TM - haven't run in almost a week.

Now sitting on a conference call where we've spent the last 15 minutes discussing whether nails should be 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 for a specific installation. Which is partly why I'm here reading the forums .

Nice workout, Judy!

Carol, I'm glad DD (and DGD) are staying. But it does suck for her having to turn down a job she really wanted.

camille, that's happened here a few times. I was worried they wouldn't call it yesterday since it was still rain until about 7 a.m. Luckily they believed the forecast, and then the forecast actually came true.

Damaris, that's a lot of miles for a weekday. Nicely done.

Ginny, it's 12 here this morning, but I saw a 60 forecast later next week!

Susan, hooray for a Friday 1/2 day. That is one thing I miss about my old job - we got off at 1:00 on Fridays.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 progressive.

Ginny, I know you won't be one of the crazy obnoxious ones!  I hope you get a good team and so glad you got in

Carol poor dd. I know you are glad she isn't leaving

Katen movers this weekend, right?

Camille they had a great time at 'camp'. They love it there. They were exhausted and passed out most of last night. Barely moving off their pillows. Quincy didn't get out if bed until after 9 am

Marjorie