Womens Running

Blah Monday - Supermoms (Read 394 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD, I think.

RR - ran my last segment (~2 mins) yesterday at 7:30/mile pace and it didn't feel terrible.  My 5K PR was at 7:55/mile pace.  Now I'm almost tempted to race a 5K.  There aren't any good ones around this time of year though.

TR - I had him get in my car yesterday before I remembered that his Christmas present (the road printed playmat) was still in the backseat.  He saw it and flipped out, wanted it NOW.  I guess that means he likes it.

FR - noodles, tofu, veggies..didn't eat it LAST Monday but DH isn't home for dinner tonight..we shall see.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Hi Supermoms! I hope you have room for one more poster...I skimmed a few posts from last week, so I think I have the hang of it.

Introduction: I've been running since 2010 and have done several 5ks and 10ks and did my first half marathon this fall. I live in Ontario and have been married since 2009 and have a 10-month-old daughter. I'm a SAHM and also do some freelance writing. 

RR: 8k before DH goes to work

BR: Teething, crawling, pulling up, cruising and getting into everything, so she's keeping me very busy!

FR: Desperately need to go grocery shopping...had leftover apple pie for breakfast and had to put heavy cream in my coffee. Delicious, but not the healthiest start to the week!

NRR: Tired after a very busy weekend of entertaining friends, a Christmas party and celebrating Christmas with the ILs. Hoping for some snow...it's been rain, rain, rain here for days. 

Zorbs: Great run! I hear you on no good 5ks this time of year. The only thing around here are Resolutions Runs around New Year's Day. I did one once and it was $50 and ended up not even being timed! 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

RR: 3m today. Week 2 of fm training. I am sore all over from my stroller 10m yesterday and the 5m tempo on sat. I guess this is training!

NRR: paperwork for green card. Cmg – you made me laugh about previous convictions! Does stealing hearts count?

BR: playground/ run on beach/ hike in trails. Usual stuff.

FR: I have written this a few times but it will be leftovers again. I have so much food in the fridge to eat up. My coach (who is now on holiday until Jan) bought me a vegetarian cookbook for xmas. It’s really nice and was very unexpected. Dh went through it last night and tabbed every recipe he liked the sound of. There’s all my meal planning done.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Marathonjen

zorbs - Enjoy the rest day.  Great job on the speedy run yesterday.  I hope you can find a 5K...although winter is probably not the best time for a PR...I run terrible in freezing cold and snow.  Ahhh...too bad B saw his Christmas gift but good new that he likes it.

erniegirls - Welcome!  I hope you had a great run!  Your breakfast sounds like mine...I had Christmas cookiesSad  Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend.  I am sure you will get snow soon.  I am in MI and we are supposed to get a snow storm Thursday into Friday...boo.

RR - Did 12 on Sat and 8 yesterday.  SRD today only because I have a meeting at work until 4 and then need to get my eyebrows waxed and get J.

TR - Was really good running errands with me yesterday until we got to Target.  Then he decided it was appropriate to scream at the top of his lungs multiple times hoping to get what he wanted.  I just let him scream and ignored him.  Then fed him some food off the shelf.  Yep...seems like we do that in every store these days.  Daycare didn't tell me on Friday that he had no food left in his cubby...so I get there this morning and I notice he has NOTHING.  they feed him some stuff I bring if he doesn't like the lunch they provide or if he gets extra hungry.  Ugh.

NRR - DH was up at 4 a.m. to catch his flight out which meant I was up at 4 a.m.  This is going to be a long week.  We are supposed to get a snowstorm on Thursday and Friday and DH is supposed to fly home on Thurs and then we are all flying out west on Saturday for Christmas...this could get interesting.

FR - Have eaten AWFUL this weekend.  Too many delicious things we keep getting from people.  I think I'll just get fat for the month of December.  LOL.

Marathonjen

Bermy - When are you supposed to move to the states? Will you see your coach for more sessions in the new year?  Glad DH did the meal planning for you!  Does DS behave while you are cooking?  J usually gets into all the cabinets and creates a huge mess in the kitchen.  He also grabs the knobs to the stove and opens the oven door....NOT GOOD!  Need to baby proof that.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 9.6 on Saturday, hoping for 4 sometime today...

BR - yesterday DH put C in the jolly jumper and I went outside to empty the vacuum... came in and noticed C was landing on the foam tiles as she jumped but there was POOP on the foam tiles and she was stepping in it!!!  She was in a long sleeve onesie and no pants, and the jumping motion caused poop to spill out the side of her diaper... we got her out, I put her on the change table and she tries to grab her foot, which is covered in poop, and pull it into her mouth!  So now she has poop on her foot, hand, leg and almost on her face.  Yea, a bath was required.  Thankfully the foam tiles were there or we'd be scrubbing poop off the hardwood.

NRR - last week of school for DH... he has a half day tomorrow b/c the teachers are striking for one day...

jen / mer - totally random thought, but do you guys remember the days on Gen Nuts?!!

ernie - hi!  What part of Ontario are you from?  I live in Ontario too... I have an almost 9 month old girl, I'm a SAHM until March...

runninmer

RR:  5 after work solo.  Did 8 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday.  Hit the 1200 mile mark for the year!

TR:  Totally wonky sleep.  Took really good naps yesterday, after hardly anything on Saturday.  Got a big boy hair cut by my mom (who is a stylist) and cried during the entire thing.  Our mantra, we just want ONE thing to be easy with this kid!

NRR:  Didn't sleep well last night.  Our district is moving toward a 1:1 initiative for next year and I can't sleep  because of it.  Which device do we choose (yes, I help with that decision), are we truly a GAFE school, what is best for the kids, how do we hand out over 800 devices to kids...too much to think about.  HOWEVER, only FIVE days until we are off for a week and a half!

FR:  Greek pizza for dinner last night was delicious.  Leftovers today.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

CTimes - Ahhhh...poor C and her poop.  J did something similar this morning.  As I am trying to change is diaper he kicks and sticks his foot it in and then tries to grab his foot....which has poop on it...ugh.  I hope you get your 4 miles in.  Do you take C?  Do you have a shield for your stroller?  Last week for me too!!  Thank god.  Why is DH's school striking for one day?  Oh the Gen Nut forum...oh the drama...some good times thereSmile

runninmer

zorbs - J is getting one of those playmats from my parents, I hope he likes it! Glad you got some shopping for B done.  

ernie - Welcome.  I am a Middle School teacher.  I have a son he is 19 months old. 

bermy - Yay for your meal planning to be done!  I hope you have a great day!

jen - Boo on the 4 am wake up.  Sadly, DH "has a feeling" about this storm, so I think it will actually accumulate to something.  We are already in "storm watch anxiety" mode at our house...have been since Saturday.  You should be glad I ran yesterday, you almost got a ranting phone call!

cx2 - I am still friends on FB with a few GenNuts.  I liked that group a lot...amazing how we have changed, and how the forum has changed.  I have lurked a couple times, and it just isn't the same!  I do miss the food challenges though...   OOOHHHH....a strike.  What is going on (I don't keep up with the news) that they are striking.  Legally, we are not allowed to.  Its been interesting to see the view of teachers change since Friday.  

Speaking of challenges...I have only missed one night of planks since the 7th.  I can already see a difference!  

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

mer - uh oh...was DH being a crank about the snow?  Greek pizza??  YUM!!!  I have had some really good and really bad ones.  Was it homemade?  Ugh on your stress about 1:1...sometimes I think you work too hard and care too much...when many in your district take it for granted.  I would definitely pursue the issue of touring other schools that use them.  Call them and talk to them about ways to implement them, distribute them, etc.  I know a large district near me did iPads and they didn't plan well and it was a disaster.  They learned a lot and have since made changes.  Have a great run....I am so jealous I need to run.  I will be lucky to get my errands done and get J home by 6 p.m.  He has no food at school that they could feed him for dinner either.  

Erniegirl

Jen - I hope the snowstorm doesn't affect your and DH's travel! You can send all that snow my way...I am one of those weirdos who actually loves snow Smile Lol on your plan to just be fat for December. That is my plan, too. We can't get THAT fat in the next two weeks, right? 

Bermy - I'm impressed with your stroller run distance! I like your method of meal planning. 

Ctimestwo - Omg on the poop explosion! I think I would laugh and cry at the same time. My S always tries to stick her foot in her poop, too. Babies are gross, eh? Wink I live in a small town about an hour north of Toronto. Whereabouts are you? 

Runninmer - Greek pizza sounds yummy! I'm not sure what a GAFE school is but I'm amazed your middle school is giving out devices to all the kids. It does sound stressful for you, though. What is the plank challenge? To do planks every day? 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

rr: 5 miles yesterday. srd. ART this morning.

nrr: dinner out with a friend saturday night was so much fun! we shopped and went to an ale house for a few beers. we told the waiter he should have to pay us for overhearing all the things we were talking about!

nrr2: went to get a new battery put in my watch on friday and the lady said it was not the battery. My sister gave me the watch for being her matron of honor ( i had given her a watch when she was mine). She took it to the store and they have to send it in to get fixed and don't promise sending the same one back and it takes 4-6 weeks!

br: will "huff and puff" and blow towers we build down.

tr: christmas program for them yesterday and they did great! red day for dd1 today so we dressed up all cute.

fr: have a bunch of leftover chicken from the gathering we had yesterday. Does anyone have a good chicken salad recipe?

------------------

zorbs: i have been worried about the girls seeing their gifts but thankfulky they are all wrapped. i ordered some books for c and had to be extra careful they didn't see them since i had something for them in the box it cane in.

ernieirl: i am a SAHM of 3 (5 yo girl, 3 yo girl, 14 month old boy). Welcome!

bermy: i am hoping for a few new recipe books for christmas!

jen: my mom brought over samples of every christmas cookie she made. I had one of each! The best are chocolate cookies with rolos baked in! hope the snow stays away for your travels!!

cx2: holy poopfest! Were you able to laugh aout it?

mer: c screams the entire time when he gets haircuts. I am interested to see what he does when he sees my cousin  who cuts his hair at christmas in a non haircuttng situation.

Marathonjen

mrszm - I am glad you had fun with your friend.  Sounds like an interesting conversation you had.  So happy the kids had a good Christmas program.  What did you end up doing for lunch for everyone?  I am still craving BBQ chicken sandwiches because of your post last week.  If DH were home I would probably make some...actually...maybe I'll make some Thursday since he will be home!!!  Thank you for making me fat too...the cookies are AMAZING!!!!  I seriously ate 4 yesterday and 1 for breakfast this morning.

CMGRuns

ER: treadmill walk. ----TR: I still don't think she is feeling 100%. Cranky yesterday and is now still asleep at 8:15. I'm just going to let her sleep. ----PGR: yep. I weighed this morning and lost a couple pounds. That is strange? Where did it go? I'm not leaking? ----NRR: finishing up a few errands. Besides Christmas day this is my last day off before the baby come...hopefully. I am scheduled through the end of the year which I guess is still 4 days before my due date. I'm having trouble keeping up with personals. This afternoon after errands I will try to answer a few.
                              CMGRuns

Ernie: welcome! I work in a Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab as the exercise physiologist. I have a 2 year old girl and am 37 weeks pregnant with a little boy.