Womens Running

Blah Monday - Supermoms (Read 394 times)

BermyHorse

Zorbs – Nashville RNR if I am ever allowed in the country. 1 week down. 17 to go. I have no goal at this point other than to 1) get through a training programme with a kid and 2) finish the fm. Any thoughts on all of that? I am not hooked on rnr’s – from the reviews I have heard they can suck but I thought I might like a pace group to follow and this one has one.

Mer – I am just quiet cos I have chores to do. This time of year there seems so many things I need to accomplish in such a short amount of time. Nightmare on givng out gadgets and then being responsible for their use? Scary. Logistical nightmare.

Jen – you’re right cooking is a challenge with a LO. I have a gate right across my kitchen as there is so much non-babyfriendly stuff. We tried the oven locks and door locks and everything else in our last house but it was all too much of a pain. We just keep him out of the kitchen and I cook in his nap/ when he has gone to bed. When I don’t make that I make meals in stages so I make a batch of pasta/rice/ quinoa. Then do the chopping and stove work in stages too and build it together slowly. Oven cooked meals work super well for me at this stage too. Nice running at the weekend Jen – lots of solo miles! Do you ever run with your stroller?

Jen #2 – we are moving to the states in the new year. DH is hiring a team now – he is interviewing and will finish up this week/next. They are starting the reno on the office and installation of the conference equipment.

Rocky – nice pic! Sorry to hear about your body hurting. I guess that’s pregnancy for you.

Cx2 – sorry about the poop in the jump up. Nightmare. Good thinking on the tiles. Bath seems like the only resort sometimes! Yeah for your DH on school holidays so you can get a lot more help at home!

Ernie – hi! What’s the story behind your pic?

Moxie – 50k – nice goal. Wow, I would love to run that long. I am struggling to see if my LRs will be possible in fm training. Any tips?

Mrszm – which cookbooks do you want from Santa?

Cm – glad you’re doing ok. Lots of resting, sitting on the sofa, lying o nteh sofa, being pampered etc. Hope your patients go easy on you until duedate. Losing weight can be normal at end.

Shelby – what a nightmare move – but you made it and look at how much more confident you will be flying next time when DS is well and moving when you actually have movers and no flat tyre! These things are sent to test us, I am sure. Probably asked you this a lot, but what is your next running race?

Becky – I travel a lot – I do the running 1st thing in the morning so it is done. Also, taking an hour out in the morning does not impact the day as much as the afternoon for me. Hubby can suck it up. My DH gives me even more time on vacay as hotels have cool weights rooms etc. I would also explain to DH just how much it means to you and how you can repay him (my DH likes to go to the late night movie theater showings on vacay– clearly not possible with DS).

Rg – you are all set for xmas – great job. I am looking forward to putting my short faster running into longer running (if that makes sense). I haven’t discussed the fm with my coach yet but the fm prgramme I have chosen has speed and hill work in it so it should all blend together. I was working with her to improve my speed over all it just turned into great mentoring friendship. I will post more pics as long as you promise not to “unlike” me or hate me for the scenery! 19 min 5k I am COMING TO GET YOU - ok, might take me 10 years but watch this space!

Planks – I have done then every day. Even feeling busted and sore. I did 1 min sat and sun. And last night I did 1 side plank of 15 secs. Slowly but surely I am getting there… Rocky – just do whatever you want! And post!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Quick post, just got to work. Reid started running a fever yesterday at 11 am and it got as high as 103.7 F and he ended up in our bed last night which is pretty much my own personal version of hell. Man that kid is an active sleeper when he's sick.  Anyways, R's godmother said I could drop him off with her since she hasn't found a job yet. I'm working today so that I can still have my 5 day weekend. His fever was broken when we got out of bed this morning, so hopefully he's nice to her.   We got 6 inches of snow in the last 36 hours and the roads are a disaster because its melting off now.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

bermy - You are right, it is a logistical nightmare.  Jen is right too though that I do a lot of work around here and it becomes expected.  But, administrators want teachers who are willing, right?  I hope you are able to get everything done today.  

spike - Sorry R was so sick.  J moves around a lot when he is sleeping.  I can hear it when I go to bed at night.  Yuck on the snow.  I am not looking forward to that at all at the end of the week. 

rocky - I haven't had any compatability isses with the iPad and RA.  Hmmm....I am having issues with FB and things not opening properly though which is frustrating.  We are looking at Chrome Books, iPads, or laptops (Net Books).

rg - You wouldn't like ours! Smile  We do ground turkey, onion, feta, tomatos, basil...something else but I forget. 

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rocky- I'm jealous that you are done shopping. I was going to drop R off with my mom for an hour or two yesterday to do my shopping, but that's when he started getting feverish. I STILL haven't made it to Big Lots!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Marathonjen

Becky – Sorry C is being a pain now that ILs are gone.  I hope he snaps out of it.  I am TOTALLY with you on the running while traveling thing  DH gets mad at me for always giving up family time to go and run.  I try to do it really early before anyone else is up but DH is stuck in the hotel room then with J by himself.  I told him that I would take J and drop him at my parents hotel room and then he always says no.  So too bad if DH gets mad…lol…that is the only way to get the run in.

Moxie – Good for you for training for a 50K…you have way more ambition then I do.  I am not training for anything currently…waiting for our next race!  J is really into dancing these days.  We say “dance” and he starts doing a pattering of his feet and will sometimes turn in circles.  Yum…enjoy your sandwiches on Panera bread!!

Rocky – Sounds like you guys are making progress on eating up all the good.  Then what?  Do you start cooking like a madwoman again to stock up for the when the baby comes?  Glad you got lots of Christmas stuff taken care of.  I love Christmas cookies though…I just don’t really know how to make them very good.

Rg – Sounds like you had a great trip.  Glad you R was good and you enjoyed your time.  Great job on the run!!

Marathonjen

bermy - That makes sense...that is the only way I can cook but usually don't have a lot of time unless it is on the weekends and sometimes I am just too lazy...lol.  I do run with the stroller in the summer and when I have too.  It is just easier for me to run on the weekends when DH is home and after work before picking J up from daycare.  I used to run with it ALOT!

Spike - Wow...poor R.  I hope he is feeling better today.  Any idea what it is?  Just a virus?

BermyHorse

Wow...  I just captured a gigantic wild lizard from our living room - it was huge and horrible. I had to do it silently as DS is napping. I was totally grossed by squirming and had to try very hard not to shriek  I thank running for my agility, balance and quick reactions. All very useful skills for catching lizards. It is roaming free outside now happily. Where it belongs.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rocky - physio and yoga really helped with sciatic pain while pg.

bermy - aren't you already running 50 mpw? has your coach written your training plan yet? personally, I have found 50 mpw to be a very decent PEAK! but if you can find time for 50, you can find time for 10-20 mpw more.  How huge is that lizard? the size of a cat?

spike - how does R end up in your bed? B hasn't spent a night in our bed since he was 2 days old...

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runswithrocky

Jen - MIL will buy a ridiculous amount of food, tea, etc. when she is here.  So we will eat up that.  Then in January will be a Costco trip so we will stop up on freezer meat again.  But Dh and I are actually hoping to just a have a lower level of "stuff" in the fridge/pantry than we previously had.  So we won't stock up quite as much. 

Spike - my shopping was so half-assed.  I got a couple of outfits, bathtub toys, snack containers that are "no spill", and suction cup bottom bowls so Em can start practicing with utensils without me worrying about the bowl tippy over or being thrown.  I took Em with me since she's too little to "get" that I'm buying her gifts.  Carter's had some awesome deals on winter clothes.  I got a whole outfit (pants & top) for $2.99 - and the had a 15% off coupon.  Score! 

Spike 2- sorry your little guy was sick :-( I hope he feels better today.

Bermy - love your photo on FB!  Way to go on the workouts.  You are a beast from pushing a stroller on a trail run.  I'm totally inspired.  Can't wait to get back to running this summer!

BermyHorse

zorbs - ha ha on cat-lizard. No, it was the size of my hand. I had to get a bigger beaker to trap it in it was too big for a regular tall glass. I was running up to 50mpw on the 5k programme so it's not really the weekly mileage but the intensity of multiple 20m runs. yours had 4 in though didn't it? I think I will be ok with speed and hills. Time isn't the problem as long as I can run with the stroller! I think my coach would prefer me to stick with 5-10ks or even shorter to get my speed right up there. However, she does prescribe  lr but they aren't over 12m. What are your thoughts on pace groups? cheating?

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- he ended up in our bed because he was crying hysterically. I only let him in my bed when he's sick. He either threw up or coughed up a bunch of goo in his bed (I didn't tun on the light) so I let him lie down with DH while I changed his sheets then he flipped out when I tried to put him back in his bed. He wanted to cuddle all day yesterday, so he had no intention of going to bed alone.

Jen- I'm not sure. I thought it was teething until he had the 103+ fever. I'm guessing some kind of virus. I feel a little bit bad that I'm not home with him, but he probably loves trudy as much as he loves me, so she's the next best thing.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- ewwww about the lizard! We have teeny tiny Horny Toads that live out in the rocks here and then snakes (Rattlesnakes and bull snakes mostly) and some small scorpions and thats it. My one encounter with a lizard was on vacation in Hawaii when I was 5 and a gecko jumped onto me in the shower and I wigged out big time.

BermyHorse

spike - hi - sorry you had a rough weekend with R being sick, your dad and the snow and stuff. Not relaxing. Hope you are ok. x

Marathonjen

Spike - Did you end up going to your dads for Christmas this weekend?  How was it?

runswithrocky

Zorbs - so cute about your little guy liking his Christmas present!  your FR sounds yummy.  I love good stirfry.

Ernie - welcome!  I'm 27, married for 3 years, baby girl 14 months and 20 weeks pregnant with #2, a boy.  We have two dogs and a cat.  I am not running through this pregancy, but keeping active with yoga and walking and a toddler!  I can't wait to get back out there this summer.

Bermy - I still can't believe you did 10mi on trails with a stroller.  I wish DH would do that with our recipe books, would save me the trouble of cooking everything and then waiting to see if he'll eat it.

Jen - sounds like a busy week.  I hope you are able to travel uneventfully and miss all the weather!  I on the other hand am so antsy for snow!  This is the time of year I wait for all year round and we've barely gotten a flake to shake a stick at! 

cx2 - yuck on the poop on the tiles.  Those bouncers things really do push everything out.

mer - sorry about J crying through the haircut.  Maybe that's just how he deals with stress. My brother is 30+ and STILL cries when he's stressed out.  I'm like, dude, grow a pair!

mrszm - I made the skinnytaste.com broccoli & chicken noodle casserole and it was really good!  I added mushrooms too.  I don't have a good chicken salad recipe though and DH doesn't eat it because of the mayo - so I haven't made an effort to find one.

CMG - It's normal for women to lose weight in the final weeks of pregnancy.  I think it's the baby metabolizing it/making fat, etc.  So it goes to baby and you end up losing weight overall.

on to page 2.