Womens Running

Taper tired Thursday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K, 8K with Sam. My legs are so dead.  There was way more lower body than I expected in the TRX video yesterday and even doing modifications, I'm not used to doing high reps anymore.  And of course my upper body is trashed too.

KR - at bedtime, he grabbed me repeatedly by both ears and made out with me, with open mouth. Then he fondled my chest.  Ew.

FR - crockpot red wine short ribs, mashed potatoes, salad.

NRR - seriously do not know how I'm going to make it through today.  I'm completely exhausted and haven't slept well.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 6k. I thought I might be able to do my long run this morning, but then I remembered that I somehow lost both my water bottles on the trail last week and haven't made it to the store to replace them yet, and I signed S up for a program that starts this morning. Fitting in my runs this weekend is going to take some serious juggling.

RR #2 - Learn to run class was a total no-go yesterday. They ended up with 5 people registered. Three did not show up because it was so cold out. Two showed up, but the community centre had failed to tell them there was no child care, so they didn't bring strollers, and are definitely not interested in running with strollers. I don't blame them. So I think the class is probably cancelled due to extreme disorganization. Oh well. Not my problem.

TR - When we went to visit my friend and her newborn yesterday, S and my friend's two-year-old DS spent the whole time playing ball hockey in the basement. Except S is clearly done with winter sports and ready for summer sports, because she kept yelling "Batter up!" the whole time they were playing.

FR - BBQ chicken sandwiches, salad

NRR - Taking S to a "Messy Play" program this morning. Ha ha, isn't all toddler play messy?

~~~

zorbs - Hopefully the run revives your legs a bit. Those ribs sound good! Is this a long day for you, with piano teaching in the evening? Hope you are able to take a nap.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR- had stomach bug and cold last week into this week, just hoping to start feeling better. Group memorial run and pre marathon pasta party tonight. Our club has 93 runners running Boston!

BR- Had Gi apt. pretty much everything normal, he's just really small. started small and stayed small. recommended genetic counseling.  He is totally developmentally on target, and for the most part a pretty happy little guy.  He started doing the army crawl.  Still coordinating babysitter for marathon monday.  Co-worker is coming over tomorrow to learn his routine.

FR-Party tonight! woohooo! This is usually the kickoff to marathon celebration. But it will have a somber tone as it is also in honor of officer Sean Collier who was gunned down by suspect after the marathon last year.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k w/ 5k@ tempo.  It was sideways snowing in my face for the second half of last night's run.

KR - was a mess last night, DH is not good with snappy bedtimes, so there was a lot of crying last night.

TR - happy as anything last night, went to bed with a smile on her face.  Someone once told me that it's good to have children of different ages so that you always have one that's happy and reminding you that children are lovely - lol, the last two nights have proven that!  At least they don't often have their bad nights on the same night.

FR - don't know..

NRR - was supposed to have a training session from 2-4 but I got into work seeing it was cancelled, and I reach my 44 hrs for the week at 3:15 today, so I'll be leaving early, and I think I'll stop at Costco (fun times!) Smile

zorbs - do you have time for a nap today?  I hope you do, or that you perk up, I hate tired days like that!

ernie - that's too bad about the learn to run class!  LOL @ S and batter up!

E_rain - ugh on the stomach flu, I'm glad you're feeling better, I hope you're fully recovered for Monday.  Have fun at the party tonight.  Where does DS land on the % growth curve?  Is he on it?  I'm guessing they've blood tested and have checked for iron levels?  Otherwise, I wouldn't stress, our dr's haven't worried at all about O who's at the 1% mark on the height chart.  You need kids to fill the outer limits of the charts, and I'd rather have a 1% kid than a 99%.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD yesterday, can't decide between 4-5 miles running or leg day today. Leaning towards running if its not pouring rain.

TR: Had a blast with RP's kids last night and did a great job dyeing eggs- no overturned dye cups, halleluja! Being pretty defiant but I can deal with that, I couldn't handle him being a bully.

FR: Last night was tamale pie, tonight is likely leftovers, but I also need to cook something with the leftover roasted chicken, or get around to bagging/freezing it and the chicken stock I made.

NRR: Still haven't decided what to do with my day off tomorrow. I think I might do a good cleaning of my house (lame, I know) and then go shopping. Dh has a line on some free hockey tickets for tomorrow night so I need to see if I can find a babysitter.

NRR2: Going to Denver May 15-20 to help MIL recover from surgery.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- LOL, R gives uncomfortably long kisses and occasionally will stick his hand up my shirt. I hate days like that when you feel so tired and hopeless.

Ernie- I love hanging out with people with kids because then I can actually have a conversation with someone while the kids entertain themselves. Sorry about your Learn To RUn class.

E_rainrun- Do they have any specific concerns to warrant genetic counseling? Some babies are just small! My neice is off the bottom of the charts for size but she's really healthy. DS was 5 lbs 10oz at birth and is on the low-moderate end of the tables except head size he's like 90%ile.

CA- I think it would be depressing to know how many vacation days I have used for Costco trips. Cute about O having a happy day!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR: a little over 6.5 sunny but cold miles this morning. Felt really good today. And I love that it's spring break week- there's hardly any traffic in the mornings now.

RR2: the strap on my garmin broke as I was taking it off today- boo! Hope they sell replacement straps and I dont have to buy a new watch! Btw, thanks CA for the tip to clean it with rubbing alcohol- it worked perfectly!

TR: non-stop talking, it's adorable. Playing fetch with the dog right now. They are best buddies. He's starting to read the interstate signs- he will notice the exit/ route numbers.

NRR: just got home from grocery shopping. Hoping it warms up this afternoon so we can enjoy some outside time!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR- met one of my new neighbors when out running the other day and she asked me if I was going to homeschool my kid. Is that something you ask someone you just met? What the what?

running eh

spike - is homeschooling really common in your area?  I know a ton of people that do it, but I can't envision myself doing it.  SIL just started doing it this school year.  She is the one w. 7 kids - YIKES!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RR - torn between running at lunch and coming back to work, or bailing from work at 2:15 and running then and not having to come back...

spike - The eggs looked great!  I'm guessing your daycare is open tomorrow?  I have both kids tomorrow, I want to do some cleaning and purging of toys but those things are easier without kids.  Home schooling is not super common here, but you're in a big mormon area aren't you?  I'm guessing they home school more?  I could never!

RG - glad you brought your garmin back to life, but bummer about the strap!  Could you use a watch strap?  Lori's broke and that's what she did.

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- I was homeschooled K-2, but then went to public school per my parent's divorce agreement and I am so glad I got to go to school. I would never homeschool my kid unless there was something really wrong, even then, there are many other avenues I would try first.

RG- R likes to point at signs and say "Look mom, Letters (or numbers)" but there are only a few letters he actually knows and knows their sounds. LOL I kinda feel behind the curve because DH and I both learned to read before age 4.

CA- I bought cheap foam stickers at the dollar store for the bunny relief effect Wink  Yes there are lots of mormons here (my boss is) but I don't know if homeschooling is that common? I personally don't know anyone that does it. Most people I have encountered that homeschool are super duper religious and trying to shelter/brainwash their kids. My sister has talked about wanting to put my nephew in private school or homeschool him, and I'm really against it. To me, one of the biggest educations you get in school is how to be a functioning member of society. If you accomodate your special flower any time something doesn't go their way, how are they going to be able to function in a job? My sister said he hates working in groups, and I was like- HELLO? We had to do group projects all the time in college! What do you think you do at your job? School is preparation for that!  Ok stepping off my soapbox now.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - lol, preaching to the choir here!!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - yup Thurs is my longest night of piano, 4-9 with no breaks. No, not all toddler play is messy..but I specifically haven't ever let B paint in the house or anything like that. He's not too bad with Play doh.

e-rain - I hope you find a sitter!  I would be so so stressed if I couldn't find a sitter for a big race.

CA - I would run after work so you don't have to marinate in sweat after.

rg - I'm sure they sell replacement Garmin straps.  Sam told me this morning that you can replace the battery in the 305 and it's an $8 fix..gah, and I bought a whole new Garmin when the battery started fritzing out on my 305 a year ago!

eh - I know someone from around here with 4 kids who homeschools.

spike - the sad part about being so tired is that I've gotten to sleep in more now that I'm not working at the gym.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - the sad part about being so tired is that I've gotten to sleep in more now that I'm not working at the gym.

Its not the amount, but the quality that makes a difference. I can feel more rested on 5 hours of solid sleep than 8 hours of fitful rest and multiple wakeups. Hope your day goes by quickly.

runnergirl9508

zorbs-ha, I'd be grossed out by the open mouth kissing too! R stuck his hand down my shirt the other day and yelled "boobs!" yup kid- you got it. hope you can get a nap in later today! I'm going to check amazon for a strap- hopefully they have one.

Ernie-bummer on the lost water bottles- that stinks! hope you can find a good way to juggle your runs and weekend plans. Too bad about the class. Can you contact those 2 people who did show up and see if they're interested in working with you independent of the community center? Hahaha- I'm ready for spring sports too, S!

E-rain- oh no! glad you're feeling better now, and that the stomach bug didn't show up this week. wow- 93 runners is awesome! Do you have a club singlet to wear for race day? Glad that everything is ok with the GI dr. Good luck with the babysitter situation for Monday. Have fun at the party.

CA- hope the tempo run goes well. I'd opt for leaving early from work, then you don't have to worry about getting cleaned up/changed, and you can do your run feeling not rushed. Ugh, bummer on the bedtime.

spike- hope the rain holds off! yay for easter egg dyeing- I'll be doing that with R on Saturday while DH is at work. have fun with your day off tomorrow! Will R go with you to Denver? Uh, weird question about the homeschooling? I can see her asking you that if you were wearing a denim jumper, turtleneck and keds sneakers... Wink  R knows all of his letters and counts to 20- I'm getting him primed for preschool. lol.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08