Womens Running

Trudging Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K recovery run/walk.

TR - did like tobogganing for the most part, but I can't help wondering why he is so chicken? all the other kids his age were throwing themselves down the hill backwards, etc. and he wouldn't go down by himself even.  He won't try skating, doesn't like swimming any more...took him forever to warm up to the playground too.

FR - crockpot pulled pork, slaw.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 19k. It is snowing lightly and a balmy -3C. Now this is my kind of winter weather!

TR - Every time I take her outside now, she immediately starts doing 100m sprints back and forth along the sidewalk until she is completely out of breath and has to sit down. Maybe I should be taking her out with me for interval workouts 

FR - Rigatoni with spicy tomato meat sauce, broccoli

NRR - Library program this morning. I need to order a cake and get a few decorations for S's party. I gave in and let DH call the catering company with strict instructions he not order anything ridiculous like prime rib.

~~~~~

zorbs - This was his first time tobogganing, so give it a few more tries and I'm sure he'll be flying down the hill like a champ. The fact that he's a cautious kid is probably not a bad thing - way fewer trips to the ER!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Not today.  Didn't happen yesterday either.

BR:  My little man slept from 8:40 until 3am!  Mama feels like a new woman. Seriously, I don't remember the last time I slept 6 hours straight!  Yes, I went to bed at 9pm.

TR:  Spent the afternoon with him yesterday.  He wanted to read books to me last night, so he read Moose and Mouse.  It was super cute.  I told DH today that this boy knows how to pee on the potty...we need to be more consistent.  No more diapers!!

NRR:  DH crawled in bed around 12:30 and then couldn't sleep, which woke me  up, but wasn't horrible because I was worried about H not waking up.  I was leaking like mad and my shirt was all wet.  The joys.  Headed to visit my friend with cancer today.  It won't be a long visit, but I am looking forward to talking with her and her husband.

NRR#2:  At the ILs yesterday....noticed that all pics of SIL and the kids are gone!  I truly hope this is the end of her.

FR:  Made raviolis last night.  J had two helpings, and I have left overs for lunch.

zorbs - I have to second Ernie with the thought of a cautious child being a good thing!  J takes a long time to warm up to new people/places/situations as well.

ernie - Have a good run today!  You reminded me that I need to look for invitations for J's party!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I will come to S's party hungry then!  I always have chips and salsa, a veggie platter and cake for B's parties.  His bday is in less than a month and I haven't done a damn thing yet.

mer - homemade ravioli sounds divine!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

erm....they were from a bag!  

mer - homemade ravioli sounds divine!

Upcoming Races: 

moxieluvah

zorbs - I think some kids just have a more timid personality, DD used to be really bad and has gotten slightly better as she has gotten older.

ernie - S seems to love speed work! enjoy the library and party planning!

mer - I usually go to bed at 9 and I don't have a baby like you. we had a snow day yesterday, #7, it's pretty bad when teachers don't want any more snow days.

---

RR - 4, cut back week and I really need it after another 22 this weekend

KR - it was finally warm enough to go outside yesterday, the snow is so deep DS can't get around very well, I kept hearing "I stuck." DH made them a little snow cave and they thought it was the coolest thing ever.

FR - spag and meatballs tonight

runninmer

moxie - Thanks for making me feel better about my early bed time! Smile  I wish I would have known you were home, I would have messaged you!  DH made J a snow fort and he refuses to go in it!  7 days is a TON.  How far in to June will you be stuck there?  I wish we lived closer so I could do some of my LRs with you.  I can't imagine 22 miles!

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR: 5.5 miles this morning. The snow they forecast turned into nothing more than flurries.

TR: playing outside on the neighbors swing set now. Snow-covered slides are fun!

NRR: OB appt this morning. HB was 140, and everything looked good from our ultrasound last week. Baby girl is head down, though she's got plenty of time to move.

Bbl for personals.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: going to take 2 rest days and run again on Thursday, hopefully my hamstrings will be less angry by then. Deadlifts, oy.

TR: Sick. Again. FML. At least DH is off today and could stay home with him.

FR: Last night was baked chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and roasted carrots/parsnips. Not sure about tonight. Maybe chicken and noodles with the leftovers or a chicken shepherd's pie.

NRR: Worked on stuff around the house- went to put in the last couple of window shades and had issues. One had a messed up bracket then DH broke it by being a perfectionist dicking around with the levelers on the bottom. Another one I screwed up and ordered it an inch too long *sigh*

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I've always been a weenie, definitely not a thrill seeker.

ernie- lol at the caterer, oh well, less work for you! How many people will be there?

mer- eventually they do get tired of pissing their pants if you take away the diapers, though it probably depends on the stubbornness of the child. Glad you slept well! I ended up on the couch with R and he would scream and have coughing fits every 30-60 minutes. Yes, I got a latte for breakfast.

moxie- I remember making snow caves when I was a kid. We used to get a lot more snow 20 years ago, I guess climate change is real.

RG- have you started thinking of names?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- My dad is having hernia surgery today. Sounds like it will be a pretty small and easy procedure.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

went to the train store to buy a present for ernie's S and B was content to leave with a small Lego set.  Success!!

moxie - I heard a lot of "I stuck" too yesterday, the hill was quite steep and some of it was icy.

rg - we definitely got a ton of snow here..again.

spike - you might be surprised, my hamstrings can be totally trashed and I'm moaning standing/sitting but feel absolutely nothing while running.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I felt it while running, for sure! I did 6 miles on Sunday and 3 yesterday and it felt like twanging rubberbands behind my knees for about 2 miles each time even after foam rolling for 20 minutes prior to running. I think its because I haven't done much in the way of deadlifts since I started lifting.

runnergirl9508

spike- hope your dad's surgery goes well. DH has had 2 hernia surgeries, and was back home the same day. we've got a couple of names we're thinking of, but definitely haven't settled on one yet. I hate sore hamstrings- I feel like I have such a shortened stride when they're sore. I can run the soreness out of my quads, but the hammies suck. ugh, sorry about the broken stuff.

zorbs- yay for success at the toy store! R is good when we go, not demanding anything when we leave. I usually let him play with a few things, then we have to say "bye bye" to the toys. when's your next race? I'm really really happy we didn't get the snow this morning- I'm just so sick of winter this year.

Mer- YAY for a good night's sleep! Ha, I go to bed at 9pm every night, though I usually don't fall asleep until closer to 9:30. But I am up at 4:45am, so I guess an early bedtime is needed? do you wear nursing pads at night? I wore them round the clock with R.

Ernie- lol on the catering company for S's party. Silly DH. have fun at the library program today. I asked R if he wanted to go today ,and he said no. Then he ran to the back door and started shouting "snow, snow!" so we went outside and played for a little over an hr. It was 25* here this morning, and I was almost too warm in my running tights.

moxie- how fun about the snow cave! DH made one for R this weekend, and he kept squatting down just outside the entrance and yelling into it. nice job with the running- your training has been going great! enjoy your cutback week.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

moxieluvah

RG - our snow is drifted so high in the yard that it is up to the swings, fun for the kids but a workout to get to it!

spike - sorry for the sick kid, ours both have colds and runny noses that constantly need to be wiped.

mer - i almost messaged you last night, but then I thought "she has a baby and is probably busy." we will be done june 6 if we don't add any to the end, they are hoping to take away all of our scheduled days off and keep the end date the same, which i get but it sucks to lose those days off where you can actually go places and get stuff done, all i can do on a snow days is sit around the house!