Womens Running

MOPEY MONDAY DIVAS (Read 21 times)

SassySparky

Another one!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

I'm disliking Mondays more than usual, lately!

RR: Did 14 on Saturday!!! My longest run ever AND my personal distance record for the week at 31 miles total.  This week I do 34 total!  I did 3 on the TM + abs and arms this morning b/c it is raining outside.

RR2: Posted on FB ... but my Garmin 305 died on the run! It kept turning off when I first turned it on even though I knew it was charged. Then at like, mile 10, the top part flew off when I stepped off a curb!! So yesterday I bought the Forerunner 210. It's a little feature-light compared to the 305 (no pace alerts!) and I'm giving it a week to see if I like it. I bought it at the running store so can return no problem. I didn't use the pace alerts a ton but they were helpful for tempo runs. So I'm torn.

NRR: Nice weekend. After my LR on Saturday I met a friend for pedicures which was super nice. I actually felt really great afterward and even though I was tired (and went to bed early that night) I didn't crash or get grouchy so I think I fueled and re-fueled better than normal. Other than that we just went on some walks (G loves to take a walk every night after dinner) and to the park and played with blocks a lot and I have been reading books for fun! I'm currently in the middle of "Gulp" by Mary Roach on my Nook, and I got a Sophie Kinsella book at the library.  Today .... work and working on a paper, and supposedly I have to find something for my undergrad to do today ...

MA runner girl

LOL Sassy - I posted a thread too - Merry Monday! Was trying to be positive... Great job on 14 miles!!! Feels cool to go past 13.1 doesn't it?

RR: Sigh. Skipped my LR for the first time EVER yesterday. I've been feeling "on the verge" of hurting myself. Not hurt, but feeling like i'm pushing it too much. So it's probably for the best and I think I'll take another rest day today. I had woken up with a serious migraine after three whole drinks on Saturday night. Ridiculous.

NRR: Had a fantastic weekend! I can't believe it's over already. Newport, RI is a beautiful place, especially when it's sunny and high 70s/low 80s all weekend. SO perfect. 2 beach days and a shopping day yesterday. And the wedding Saturday night was absolutely gorgeous. DH and I didn't know anyone, other than the bride and groom. So we had a great time just being a couple. When is the last time we did that? MAY. Yikes! It felt soo good to reconnect. Smile

Have a great day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

OJewel

Morning!

Sassy- nice job on your 14 miler! i looked up the 210 after I saw your post about your watch. I might go that route too when mine dies. It looks like a more comfortable watch, lol. I'm tired of wearing a computer on my wrist. Ill be interested to see how you like it after the week of using it!

RR- I did 18 yesterday... My hip hurts. I guess it's my hip? It's like on the side of my right leg like where the hip meets the butt lol but on the side of the leg. Does that make any sense? What can this be? I'm still in pain today. Rest day, clearly. i used heat on it last night.

NRR- parents 60th birthday party went well, thank goodness, but I'm really glad it's over now! Today is working, trying to figure out how to make my hip better, and packing for PA. I'm going out there tomorrow for mid week. I feel pretty mopey about the start of the week as well. I'm ready for another weekend! Who's with me, haha.

Ill pop back in I hope at the office!

OJewel

MA- cross post! Glad you and DH had some time together. And I think you probably made the right decision taking a few days off. Confession, I felt some hip pain prior to my 18 miler... Oops.

MA runner girl

Jewel - I would think IT band, or maybe bursitis? Is it more on the outside, or does it feel deeper? Does it radiate down your leg at all? I think the deeper, more localized would be something like bursitis, but if it goes down your leg, probably IT band. Do you have a foam roller? Try using that on the outside of your leg all the way from your hip to your knee. I can usually find a good knot somewhere along there if that's the problem. I've also had hip pain before, gone to the chiro for an adjustment and it goes away. And I would use ice, not heat. Can you tell I'm an injury pro? LOL Glad the party went well!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Monday!!!

RR: Running an easy 3.5 tonight with DH. It's been HOT!!! Saturday did a 6 mile run, my longest since last year!!! Then DH and I took the mtn bikes out on some local trails, and he convinced me to go on advanced trails that were full of sand and tree roots, so I got a bunch of bruises on my legs from falling and bumping into the bike from that!!! Yesterday was swim/run/swim, so OWS for .6 mi, then run 3.1 miles, then swim .3mi. Swam this morning at 5:30.

NRR: Had a good weekend. DH was back, and we got to relax a bit and watch a couple movies, and have some good dinners together.

Meli: I'm so glad that your biking went well yesterday! Is it October yet? I'm ready for that weather! (although, I think I usually still complain about it being too hot then too.

Sassy: Way to go on the 14 and 31 for the week! Hmm, I never used pace alerts, and don't know much about the 210, but hopefully you like it more than the 305. Glad you had a good weekend.

MA: Definitely a good call if you have felt like you're pushing it too much to take a rest day. Glad you had a great weekend!

OJ: Way to go on 18 miles!!!! I hope you recover from the pain. I wonder if your IT band is very tight? Glad the birthday party went well!

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

MA - hahaha well you are looking on the bright side of things! It's rainy and gloomy here too so I think that contributed to my bad mood. Ok, that's great that you took the long run off, I hope I can have the same discipline if I ever feel like I'm hurt! I can't drink much anymore these days either. Glad you had a nice weekend!

Jewel - I wore it for a walk last night and it is SOOOO LIGHT and easy to wear, so that part is great! One potential downside is that you can't replace the band. I never had to replace the band on my 305 while I had it though I was starting to think about that, but that's just something to consider. I'll post a full review on the FB page after the weekend! Hmm, for your hip, could it be piriformis? Sometimes my piriformis gets tight after running on hills and that makes my hip hurt a little. I hope it gets better soon. Glad the birthday party was a success!

PO - sorry about the bruising! I'm terrified of mountain biking - I went one time and got all these scrapes and scratches and bruises and I vowed to never go again, haha! I'm sure I'll like the 210, I am just still in sticker shock, etc, LOL.

monk717

Morning divas.

RR: I haven't run since last Monday because of this cold. I'm getting over the cold but I skipped the run this morning because P was up twice last night and I"m just still exhausted. I'm going to work by myself this week, so hoping I can take some time for some longer runs a couple mornings.

NRR: So daycare is on vacation this week. DH is home with both kids by himself. He's been complaining about this for two weeks since we found out daycare was going on vacation. He's lamenting the fact that he has nine whole days by himself with the kids... making it sound like a full 216 hours completely by himself, when I'm home on the weekends obviously. I'm also taking a "sick" day Wednesday and we're going to the Milwaukee zoo. Also tomorrow I'm leaving work early because P has a doctors appointment. And the evenings... so really DH is completely by himself for threr full work days and part of a fourth. I'm tired of listening to him complain but I suppose I would be complaining too. I'm hoping the week has at least started out well with A sleeping in (or at least past 6:30, which is her preferred wake up time on the weekends).

We had a nice afternoon Saturday with lunch downtown and then walking around and we got some ice cream too. Yesterday my sister, BIL and nephew came up and babysat while DH and I went to our fantasy football draft. I always forget how long the draft is! We got the house cleaned for the occasion, which is always nice, but I need to convince DH to let me buy a new vacuum because the one we have right now doesn't pick up anymore. I suppose I could try to fix it, but its 6 years old so it would just be easier to buy a new one. An exciting grown up purchase I guess.

lizo_77

Hi ladies. not feeling it today.

RR: nada yet..... AF hit me hard yesterday, taking it semi-easy... but did 10 miles on saturday. felt good for pretty much the entire way.

NRR: work, schmork. I need a day off. Smile anywhoo... it's monday. deadlines to meet and all that. Hoping to take off at a reasonable hour today and actually cook something at home.  Did quite a bit over the weekend. On thursday night I cleaned bathroom and vaccuumed the house, then we went to M's parent's friday night and came home yesterday. Then I did three loads of laundry and weeded the yard. it was pretty bad. Then, nada. I read a lot I guess.

sassy: way to go on the 14 miles!

MA: that's good that you're watching your body and making sure it's ok, before pushing it past to injury point!

OJ: yay for a successful parent's birthday party! hope the hip pain goes away!

Po: way to go on the run with your DH and the technical biking! I would totally chicken out.

monk: it will be good education for your DH so he can kind of understand what you do as a mom! keep feeling better!

QOTD: any of you ladies have a treadmill? How long have you had it? What brand? What do you recommend? What about long term service? etc... etc. M and I are thinking of getting one for our birthday (sept 9 and 11) and as celebration for my raise. Any help is welcome!

SassySparky

Monik - sorry DH is complaining about the week with the kids. I love when our day care is closed and I get to stay home with G!

Lizo - I have a nordic track X7i incline trainer. I like it and bought it at Sears, not through Nordic Track directly.   GSD has the newer version and she can probably tell you more about it. I do wish we had gotten it through Nordic Track instead of Sears because then we'd have more support for it (and they would have installed it for us). It's a nice comfy TM and it fits in our house well and it's long enough for D who is 6'4". If I could do it again, I'd get this newer one the X9i, because it has a touch screen and shows videos from Google maps of your routes (which you can create online then upload to your TM).

http://www.nordictrack.com/fitness/en/NordicTrack/Treadmills/nordictrack-x9i-incline-trainer

One thing that bugs me about it is that you can't input your weight so the calorie burn is completely wrong (apparently I burned 450 cals on a 3 mile easy run today - nuh uh). It does connect to iFit though, which I think would be better with the newer X9i one.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8 trail this morning. I will stop with the "I feel so out of shape" routine starting yesterday. Everything feels good and strong, I just hate getting out of my routine with all the traveling and eating gross food. Trying a different routine this week and going to yoga on W, not today. We'll see if the world continues to spin. :P

NRR: My weekend was okay. I did the things I wanted to do but my eating and sleeping were off, and then I had to work some last night. Diminishing returns on that report, I tell you. I want someone else to take it already and tell me where I need to improve it. I feel like I'm flying blind on it. I told myself last night that I am going to try my hardest not to work next weekend, even if it means working later during the week. I need a break!

Sassy - I don't know anything about the Garmins, but I hope you like this new one. I did use a 305, I think, several years back when my then-boyfriend had one. I didn't like having such a bulky thing on my wrist.

MA - So glad you and DH had a wonderful weekend! Good call on skipping the LR, although I know how frustrating that can be. Live to run another day, right?

Jewel - Hmm.. Do you have time for a sports massage? I live by them. Would using the foam roller help?

PO - Congrats on your LR!!  I've never been mountain biking. All the wiping out would not be pleasant, I don't think.

Monk - A new vacuum cleaner sounds exciting! Mine smells like something is burning, but it's not -that- bad, and I'm secretly hoping I get a new place with hardwood floors so I wont' need to get a new vacuum.

Lizo - I hear you on the day off!  No clue on a treadmill, but I think you've earned it!

OJewel

MA - It doesnt really radiate down my leg I don't think...I hope its not bursitis... I did team stick on it last night which helped some. I'll try icing tonight. I'm a little concerned. It just feels like a sore ache. Doesn't hurt when I'm sitting down, and feels better as I walk as long as I don't have to go up or down hills/stairs.When I press on it, i can feel where it hurts.

PO - Congrats on that 6 miler! You're getting back to it and it must feel great!

Sassy - Could be piraformis, I guess... I don't knowwwww. lol.

Monk - Sorry about the issues with DH being home with the kids! A sick day to go to the zoo sounds fun!

Lizo - Oooh, TM purchase! I don't hvae one but I want one. Good luckw ith the buying process. I'm sure you'll get good advice here!

melrunner

Morning Girls~

Ma, Sorry you skipped your long run! Sounds like you needed the extra sleep! How is work coming along for you? I am so excited for your last few weeks!

Sassy, Yahoo for a new Garmin! I’m dying for the one that PO has, the 910 XT only b/c it’s a lot more accurate with the swim, but I’ll wait until they come up with a newer model! We were distance twins as I also ran 14 this past Saturday.

Jewel, I wonder if it’s your IT bank? Does the pain go up your mid-thigh? A sports massage would be the best, ibuprofen and ice. Glad your parents party was a hit!

PO, awesome job on the trails! And I love your swim, run, swim workout! So are you going to come watch us compete at IM Florida? I hope you can come do Miami Man again!!!

Monk, Tell DH he needs to stop complaining and sucker it up. Men can seriously be babies at times. He makes it sound like if the children are wild and nonstop active!! We just got a vacuum a few months ago, we got the floor model at HR Greg or HH Greg so we got it at a steal of a deal price. We don’t have carpets. We have area rugs and wooden floors. We use the vacuum for both the area rugs and the wooden floors since it collects the dust better than a broom.

Lizo, I don’t have any advice on TM since I hate them!!! But awesome birthday presents!!! So are you going to stay at your current job?

OWR, I use our vacuum for our floor!! We also have a steamer  that I have never used. Well I did use it once. Haha! Great job with your run. Stop working on the weekends woman!

TriR Great workouts! 1 mile OWS at the lake Friday after work. 14 mile sucky LR on Saturday. Major craptastic run. Cramps, Heat. Sun. Humidity. Shuffled more than ran. But it’s over and done with. Yesterday 83 or 84 miles on the bike and I felt fantastic! Rest day today and very much looking forward to it.

NtriR: We had our first official dinner party on Friday after the swim. It was so nice! We had a pasta party since we met with all the triathletes and everyone had a long run the next day. Very nice! Saturday I was hurting everywhere after our long run. I juiced with tons of watermelon, orange, lemon, and salt and felt so much better. Last night we had dinner at my in laws, and tonight I’m getting a much needed mani+pedi.

NtriR2: So I’m very ticked off that our local animal shelter is a very high kill shelter even though they passed a bill saying they were no longer going to be putting animals to sleep, but I don’t think that bill has gotten into effect yet. Are all animal pounds high kill shelters? Is this how it is everywhere?

Anyway, have a fabulous day ladies!!!!!

outwestrunner

Mel - The shelter here isn't a high-kill shelter, but it's also not supported by taxpayer money.