Womens Running

TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 19 times)

SassySparky

Let's make it a great day!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did slow 5 today. My legs are really tired! So for a cutback week, about 30% reduction in mileage is good, right? Since I did 37 last week, I'm gonna do 25 this week, with three 5 milers and a 10. I have to do it all before the weekend since we are going to PA for a wedding, so I'm really looking forward to having Saturday and Sunday off!

NRR: Work work work. I'm trying to get some extra work done this week and get ahead of some things because I won't be in next monday.  We have one more episode of "Orange is the new black" to watch tonight! I can't wait to see the finale!

MA runner girl

Sassy - Yeah, 30% reduction is good for a cutback! Enjoy. We are going to Lucy's wedding on Saturday AND one of Friday too! Craziness.

RR: Ha, no. My foot is killing me. Wondering if I should get xrays, or at least see a dr...

NRR: Worked 7.5 hours yesterday. Wasn't planning on that, but I ran into an issue last night that I wanted to finish and it took forever. Well at least I only have 12.5 hours to go this week. Today C and I are going with my mom and grandparents to see my nephew. They live almost 2 hours from me, so it's quite a trip. Hopefully C does ok with the drive.

Have a good day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Tuesday!!!!

RR: SRD... Exam day! bleh!

NRR: Not much, just work, then studied for my exam. Super exciting stuff! Now just have to get through my work day so I can go take the exam... I'll be glad when that's over!

Sassy: My coach always had us do a 25% cutback on mileage for cutbacks, but 30% is not much off, so it should be ok.

MA: Sorry about your foot! I hope it's not a serious injury!

Meli: I hope you're doing ok! It doesn't sound good to have a migraine for as long as you did!

Lucy: Happy Wedding Week!

Have a great day ladies!

gsdrunner

Morning Ladies....

Sassy: Great job on your long runs and training. I with MA 30% is good. Hope your legs recover.

MA:  A visit might not be a bad idea especially if its been over a week or 2. Most muscle things get better within that time frame.

RR: Really? I went from running 35 miles a week to barely making 20. Ugh. Maybe that is why I am stressed a bit. Hopefully, taking M to the park for a 3 mile walk. She walks up to a 3/4 of a mile before she wants in the stroller.  A good way to wear her out!

NRR: Counted the days DH was gone and home... and he is gone more than home... really he is just home for the weekend. Which is nice, but it messes with routine and M.  The last two Mondays have been heartbreaking. M goes looking for DH every where he usually is in the morning... says "Daddy" then throws a little terrible two tantrum and carries on with her day. Its tough, but that's life.  I am doing okay, I think I could be doing better, but there is a ton of stuff on the table with  a lot of moving parts and I am responsible for all of it (with some help from DH)... but he is focused on work, numbers, and gone. If he does well there is a potential for him to get a director position in the 2nd year with the company.  So, it falls to me with a toddler and two dogs. Multi-tasking at is prime. LOL. Well, I thought of creating a squidoo account and writing some articles/blogs there.  I just need a good username/screenname.

anyhow, we are running late... breakfast for the house then out to the park. Miss you ladies!

taylorma1

Morning ladies

Sassy-enjoy the cutback week. I loved Orange is the New Black. Can't wait for season 2

MA-what kind of pain in your foot do you have? enjoy going to see your nephew

PO-I have a huge exam too today. Good luck with yours!

GSD-sorry about the stress with DH being gone. Are you planning to move closer to his work soon? I thought I remember you mentioning moving in the near future

RR: ran the Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday in a PR time of 1:43:04. Which is only about a 22 second PR from a year and a half ago. I am a bit disappointed, but it was really humid, and I don't do too well in that. So I will take it. Can't wait for it to cool down this fall. Might try for another half in December or in the spring to try and PR. SRD yesterday and 800M repeats today. was going to do 10, but it's still so humid, so only managed about 9 before almost passing out. Again, can't wait for the fall

NRR: huge Anatomy exam today. Can't wait until this week is over because I have another exam on Thursday and a paper due on Thursday too. Nothing to do this weekend, so I am looking forward to just relaxing

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies!

RR: last night I ran 3 outside. It was wonderful! 52 degrees just as the sun was setting! Tonight will be the same. I need new sneakers! Feet are feeling sore!

NRR: LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job! Grandma is still hanging on. Hoping she hangs in for a bit longer! Heading to VT this weekend for Lucy's wedding!!!

Sassy: I've heard a lot about that show, 'orange is the new black' Is it good?

MA: I'm so sorry your foot is hurting. Maybe you should get it x-rayed! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

PO: best of luck with your exam!

gsd: hope you get your run in today with M

SassySparky

MA - so sorry about your foot! Enjoy the trip to see family today, good luck with C in the car!

PO - good luck on the exam! Ok, that's great about 25%. For some reason I was worried 30% was not enough! The plan I'm on does not have a real cutback week worked into it, so I'm doing my own thing.

GSD - good luck with all of the responsibilities of getting ready to move. I know how hard single parenting can be, but Big D is usually only gone for 1 week every other month!

Taylor - AWESOME JOB on your half, any PR is amazing especially this time of year. Good luck on your exam.

monk717

Morning divas!

RR: Today is a much-needed rest day. With all the running (both literally and figuratively), I need it! One of the activities I have planned for Vegas is a hot stone massage and I sure need it! My shoulders have been so tense lately!

NRR: Last night was a big event for DH with the Redskins' first game of the season... and of course they lost. I hate that team. It was kind of nice though that for the occasion DH was really focused at getting the kids taken care of and in bed, and as a result it was a nice early night. Really, only a half hour early but it was so nice it felt like more! I started working on P's Christmas stocking again and hope I can finish it for Christmas but there's a lot left. I like to do that while football is on so I got a lot of work in last night since the kids got to bed so early. Today I got to work at 7 and will stay until 6 so then I can leave at noon tomorrow. Its all work and packing from now until tomorrow afternoon.

I must admit I'm starting to feel a little sad about leaving P. Well, about leaving A too, but this will be the first time I'll be separated from P since he was born! Tomorrow night I won't nurse him before bed for the first time ever. I'm excited for the trip but I'll have to get over that little hump tomorrow night first.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Nada, hopefully ST tonight. Read "Run Less, Run Faster" yesterday on the plane, and got some ideas going. I am contemplating doing a 5K time trial when I get home. I know I already did a 1600 trial, but they suggest doing 3 x 1600 with 1:00 rest in between, then averaging those times and adding 15 sec to get my 5K pace (I could also see if there's a 5K around but seems stupid to spend the money).. and then using that time to calculate paces for training. In short, I am kinda getting excited about coming up with a plan to train for that trail race in January. I love having structure to my running.

NRR: Oh man yesterday was a day. Nothing like trying to arrive at the Denver airport right as a thunderstorm is rolling in. Working today...

QOTD for you fabulous marathoners out there:  What is your preferred marathon training plan and why, and where can I get a copy of it?  Thanks!!

Sassy - Enjoy your cutback week! 30% sounds fine.

MA - Well at least you got a large chunk of hours for the week out of the way.

PO - Good luck on your exam today!

GSD - Sounds super stressful but you can handle it. Break things down into smaller tasks.. outline and make a checklist. Helps me a lot.

Taylor - Good luck this week. Your post does not make me miss grad school at all. But kind of. A little bit. Smile

RLTW - I'm so happy you're enjoying your new job!!

Monk - I'm not really a football fan, but I kind of understand what you mean. Boise State football is a HUGE deal at home, which is great because the stores are empty whenever a game is on. It's the perfect time to run errands!

Okay ladies..gotta get a move on for work. It's supposed to rain/thunderstorm all week. Woohoo.

taylorma1

outwest-I am currently using a plan DBF devised for me. But I have used Pfit's plans in the past. You can download his book onto your kindle, phone, or computer. And it's great to go back and reference it.

melrunner

Morning Girls.

TriR had a fantastic spinning class this morning (high intensity) by a 4 mile run.  4 More miles after work today.

NtriR:: crappy evening. I went to the pound and found a Cavalier that was given up. That's exactly what I want. SadCry DH said I am on my own. So basically he's not supporting my decision which makes me not want ringer the dog because DH not ready. a few weeks ago he told me to go get one and I lost my chance on a cavalier puppy that was being fostered. So I'm angryy and heartbroken once again. Watt else is new.....

Back in a second for personals.

melrunner

Taylor congrats on your PR! Good luck with your exam!

MA I hope your foot pain goes away. I this the PF or the heel?

Sassy, 25% sounds good!

PO good luck with your exam! migraine was horrendous.

Monk have fun in Vegas! Where are you staying??

RLTW so jealous of your cooler temps.

GSD one thing at a time dear.

OWR I did Hal Higdon intermediate mixed with RW smart coach or so.  Right now I would probably do the plan that has you running three days a week since I am typically doing an 8,8 plus LR plus lots of XT and 3x a week for me at higher distances seems to work better to prevent injury and to add more XT.

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Had a good little track workout this morning. Normally I do Tuesday night's with my group, but now that I'm not working near the track we meet at, I don't want to drive 20 min each way to run with them. So I went to the middle school 1 mile from my house (perfect warm up) and then did 4x400 and 2x800 and ran home. It was nice, but it's a packed dirt track and I'm used to a brand new surfaced track, so it was different. The footing wasn't near as stable as I'm used to so my times were a bit slower.

NRR. Got the news last night that my mom DOESN'T have cancer! Thank goodness! But also found out that my uncle (dad's sister's husband) had a major stroke and will probably pass away today. So sad. We're not close and honestly he's not the nicest person so I think my aunt will be better off long term (is that terrible to say??) but I feel bad for my cousin to lose her dad at such a young age (she's mid-20s).

Have one client this afternoon and then I have S from 4-8. Trying to think of what to do with her. Maybe the pool since it's been so hot, then dinner and a hike with DH and L. Dinner is always challenging with her since all she eats at her house is mac n cheese, cheese pizza, hot dogs, corn dogs, etc. Total junk, which of course we don't have. Last time she was here, we were having veggie/tofu stir fry and I made her a plate of plain brown rice, and raw cucumbers and bell peppers. She ate it all, so I might do that again.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

gsdrunner

We were off to get a start until we got ready to pack up and get in the car.... I found out that M locked my key fog in the car with my wallet ( it sits in the garage so I dont bring in everything), only to find out the we lapsed with BMW assist  and DH has my other key fog (WTF?!) Oh well... he is overnighting to me. It just one of those parental dumb things.   Taking M for a 2.5 mile walk calmed me down. LOL.

Anyhow....

Taylor: Yes we are moving, but not in a rush. We are hoping to find somewhere to rental with furniture. Plus, we dont want to pay really high taxes so its alot to figure out COL is an increase of 76% from where we currently are.

RLTW: Glad the new job is going well. Thoughts to you and your grandma.

Monk: I am not a Skins fan either! Ugh!

OWR: I noticed with my cut back my weight dropped and my pace has increased. But I do HITT runs twice a week.

Mel: Sorry to hear about pup. Nice workout this morning.