Womens Running

CHEESEY Tuesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am not really a huge fan of cheese. Is anyone here a cheese lover?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.3 for me!

I went a little longer to take advantage of this 50 degree weather we are having! Ahh. Today only though. Tomorrow its back to humidity. Sigh. Good run! I was a little all over the place because I had to run home halfway to use the bathroom. My legs are tired! Last night in abs we did a bunch of sumo squats and burpees.

I am getting irritated at these pesky 4lbs that will not come off! It will go down a lb and then back up. WTH! Frustrating. I guess I have to cut more out. 

Posting and running. Heading to Harrisonburg to do an inspection. Basically a 2 hour drive each way for a 30 minute inspection. Oh well.

Have a good day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

I love cheese!

RD for me.  I have a deposition most of the day so that works, lol.

Liz, nice run.  Welcome to older age.  Try 40lbs of never falling off even if you starve.  You're welcome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

4 morning miles, legs are still a bit tired but I took yesterday off so that helped.

Lizzie - we actually had the same weather, was 50 degrees when I ran this am.  I LOVE cheese!!  I have to drive today, too...bleh

Damaris - enjoy the rest day!

I LOVE cheese!!!

My running buds were either out of town or not feeling well, so I went to the Y and ran on the tm. I could only stand 3 miles. DH called me on the way home--they are delayed and not docking as early as they had planned.  Once they dock, they still have to unload/load equipment on trucks and drive home (6-8 hours), so he has a long day ahead.  Unless they are really late, I think I will just work an extra hour at the office instead of driving home and then driving back over.

Y'all have a great day!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

What's there not to like about cheese?    4 easy miles this morning, my hands were cold!  Weird weather for June.  Did my lower body strength last night.  Interesting thing happened while walking my friend's dogs yesterday, a big dog came running at us while we were walking down the sidewalk.  DD screamed.  The smaller dog that we walk hid behind DD.  The dog ran into my friend's bigger dog, they kind of pushed at each other a few times.  At that point the owner called the dog back, it had run about halfway down the block.  DD was freaked out and checking the dogs to make sure they were OK.  The owner actually drove down the street to check to talk to us.  He was probably concerned about DD screaming.    He said that his dog just wanted to play.

Lizzie, nice 9+!  I did my measly 4 miles today.    Sorry about those pesky 4 lbs!  My speedy co-worker lost his extra winter weight by cutting back on gluten, sweets, and oh, running/walking almost 100 miles.     It sounds like it could be water weight.  I mean, do you really have any extra fat?  You look great to me!    Well, the Milwaukee Marathon had one year of accurate distance.  So I guess people kind of trust it.    My RB wants to use it as a Boston qualifier, so it better be accurate.  Hope your day goes quickly!

Damaris, enjoy the rest!  And the deposition.    Interesting about the vitamin D deficiency.  I have a vitamin D deficiency.  Due to being bundled in a parka for 6 months out of the year.  

Laura, nice 4!  Enjoy the driving.  

Sue, nice job surviving the TM!    Glad that DH is heading home.

Kupcakes, ugh on the long commute!

Sandy, not stressing about a race during winter would probably be huge.    Coping mechanisms... when I couldn't run I started knitting again.    Thanks for offering a place to stay!  It will be a fun weekend!  DD asked if she could come too.    I hope you enjoyed the RIPPED class.

Cathy

Seloc

I like cheese and usually have some shredded mozz on hand for salads.  RIPPED plus 5 miles this morning.  1 before class and 4 after.  Class was okay - not super challenging.  The cardio was a lot of jumping around and cardio kickboxing type moves.  Not my fav.  Apparently this routine will be the same for 3mo and then it changes.  Might give it another week - maybe it'll grow on me.

Anyone watch Jeopardy?  The dude that has been crushing all the records lost last night.  To a female - oh yeah, baby!  He was VERY gracious and actually seems like a really good guy.  Has already donated a bunch of his winnings to charity.  He finished with almost 2.5 million.

Also saw a news report of a couple from TX that died of an unknown illness while vacationing in Fiji.  Yikes!

And, in less exciting news, made it to the grocery yesterday and forgot not only coffee, which is one of the main reasons I went, but also left my Gatorade under the cart.  Grrrrrrr.  I swear, my brain turns to mush as soon as I step foot in those doors!!

HCK - ugh, your commute sounded horrendous yesterday!!  Hope you found a better route.  It's actually sorta summer here now and I LOVE it!  I love being in shorts and a shirt with maybe a jacket/long sleeve.  I LOVE being outside when I'm not freezing my face off!

Damaris - interesting about the Vit D and asthma.  No doubt I'm deficient as well living in this tundra.  I try to remember to take it in the winter but sometimes forget.  I've started taking it again along with getting the natural stuff.  Good luck with your deposition today!

Liz - sounds like your weather was cooler than ours this morning.  Nice run.  Yep, coyotes are turning into a bit of a problem in these parts.  They go after small dogs.  That hamburger pizza was the same that Karen got when you guys were here for TCM.  Safe travels today!

Laura - nice miles!  Safe travels to you today as well.

Sue - hey, 3 mi is better than no miles!  That's about all I can last on the ol' dreadmill as well.  Nice job getting it done without the RBs.  Hope DH gets home at a reasonable hour.

Cathy - yikes on the big dog coming at you!  When I was running on Sunday, an older guy had two smaller dogs on leashes and a much bigger dog was roaming ahead of him.  I stopped and asked if it was his.  He said yes and that he was friendly.  Sure, fine, but is he going to follow me if I run?  Dude couldn't hear even though I yelled it twice so I just walked a couple blocks and then ran.  Sheesh.  Awwww DD for SURE can come that weekend!  But, she would have to share your bed or take the floor in that room LOL.  If you are comfortable with her hanging at the finish for all that time.  We park at the finish and take a shuttle to the start.  Anyway - totally up to you but it's completely fine by me!!  Oh - I started The Astonishing Color of After last night.  I like it more than I thought I would but oh boy is it SAD.

Just a regular ol' workin Tuesday around here.  Ready for the weekend already!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I like mild cheeses. The following is about fat, not cheese: I have about 2 pounds that goes up and down.

Damaris, I know what you mean about pounds not coming off, even if I starve. It’s as if the body does what it wants no matter what I do. It’s like my body and I never communicate.                  I’m wishing you the best about the interviews.  

Friday was 45 running on the TM, then 5 minute walk and 25 minutes spinning…slowly.

Today I did the same thing as Friday and yesterday. Running speed was better though and I could have gone longer today. I want ALL my energy back. It's taking a long time.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I ADORE cheese.  Yummy yummy.  I remember when I used to read Bon Apetit they would ask famous folks if they could only have 3 things in the fridge, what would they choose.  Me - CHEESE, some kind of cured meat, and if you can believe it, orange juice over wine.  I love most kinds, even strong stinky ones, but not feta.  blech.

Lizzie, good luck with your brief visit, what a bummer to drive so far for it.  Yeah, the older you get, the harder to shed those pesky pounds.

Damaris, I keep doing a quick scan of the posts for yours for news.

Laura, sorry for the tired legs.

Sue, hope DH makes it back at a decent time.

Cathy, I hate loose dogs (as we all do), even little ones.  Lots of chihuahuas and pit bulls loose here.

Sandy, you forgot the gatorade?  Ugh indeed.  I now buy the powder and make my own.  Plus I can make blue gatorade slushies.

Judy, sorry you're still struggling with energy.

Got out there for a brief walkity-walkity/joggity-joggity just now.  Tried out a new pair of trail shoes and new socks to see how it went.  Seemed OK, though the blister area is still tender.

Q, the blister is huge, and has that big flap of dead skin now.  Do I gently take it off or leave to fall off.. It seems like it might rub more with the skin there.  Is this too gross for the forums????  Sorry if so.

I bough My Lovely Wife the other day, no chance to start it though.  I will bring it to Jury Duty on Thursday.

I guess the 12-8 shift isn't too bad, though I am still sleeping in to nearly 10am.  Not much time to do much more than have a cup of coffee, shower, and leave.  Oh, and my tech with the 'tude was MUCH improved yesterday.  We all rocked a tough day out.  (Still leaving late though...)

OK, time to boogie.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Judy--same here --- I think those couple of pounds are more about water, salt and stress than anything.

Sandi--yes, I watched too. That woman on Jeopardy was great! Do you think James was just tired of it all? There were a couple of Kermit questions that I knew the answer to which he didn't jump on .  Maybe he was just done?

So... some of my HS classmates are meeting for dinner on Saturday.  39 years! I was just looking at the Fb group and I hardly remember ANY of them!! lol  Where did the years go???

Docket_Rocket

Wish I had thought of answering with this when they asked me: why do you want to move to Indy?  I think we are even higher than this right now (this was when I left my deposition for lunch 40 mins ago):

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Gah! Our internet has been acting up and dropping out occasionally. Just lost a big long post. Dammit.

I ran 6 this morning. It was hot and humid. I also met with the spin place guy (he had to cancel yesterday) to work out details on our private group ride and what all we could do for each other. And then I did all the personals from yesterday and today. Have to go get tires on my car so no time to re-do right now.

Stupid internet.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Anddddd...the last inspection is done! Wasn't too bad. I guess since my client is merging with another bank, I am going to have to go to all the sites again this year. Probably end of Summer/beginning of Fall. I really don't mind the travel. And since the next task is not an inspection - I am good! Smile

HCF is working late tonight. Just me and Ruger! Smile OMG HCF and I finished Handmaids Tale last night...the next season starts tomorrow. CRAZY! Great show.

Docket – Enjoy the rest day. Boo on the deposition. Well, I hate this older age. UGH.

Laura – Nice run this morning! Hope the driving isn’t too bad.

Susan – Nice treadmill run. Those are hard. Poor DH! At least he is coming home!

Cathy – Nice miles this morning! My hands were a bit cold, too 😊 Poor DD! I would have freaked out too if a big dog was coming towards me. Heck, I freak out if a small dog is running towards me 😊 I am sure the dog wanted to play with the other dogs. I, of course, love sweets but don’t feel like I eat a ton of them! Maybe I do and don’t realize it. Ugh. Aw, you’re sweet – thanks for the compliment 😊 I don’t think I will be running/walking 100 miles anytime soon! Men suck. They can eat well for 2 days and lose 10lbs. NOT. FAIR. Frustrating.

Sandy – Nice miles this morning plus RIPPED. Bummer that it wasn’t as exciting as you thought. 3 months of the same routine is a LONG time!! I think with Body Pump they change the routine every 3 weeks. Did not hear that about the TX couple. Scary. Did hear about the Jeopardy dude. Laughing at your grocery store trip. Do you bring a list with you?! One benefit of a list is that you know where to go and can be in and out in less than 10 minutes! For some reason I thought the pizza that Karen got had an egg on it??? Did it have an egg on it? Lucky Karen and Kathryn being able to eat pizza before a race. Shesh. Are you doing anything fun this weekend???

Judy – I laughed when I read your post and having to distinguish fat from cheese 😊 I had a doctor tell me once that your body has a set point as far as weight and it will always try and go back to that set point. Not sure how true that is. Hoping your energy comes back soon!! You are making progress

Kathryn – Orange Juice over wine?! Really? With vodka?! 😉 I do like cheddar cheese on my tacos 😊 I remember a few Halloween's ago my brother got this goat cheese that was wrapped in caramel apples. SO. GOOD. But…that night Liz had too much vodka and that cheese did not sit well. I can’t eat goat cheese anymore..I used to love it! Nice job on the walk/jog! Hmm..when I had a blister that had a big flap of dead skin..I just took it off. It was annoying me. YAY on a good day yesterday! Hope today is, too!

Karen – Bummer on losing the post! Nice job on the run. Let us know about the meeting with the spin guy! I am interested! 😉 Good luck with the tires.

Have a good afternoon/evening all!