Womens Running

WAHOO IT'S WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

MA runner girl

POST! Big grin

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: I WILL be running today. I really don't know how so many people don't exercise in the world. I feel so frumpy and gross. Blech. Hoping my foot is fine!

NRR: LAST FULL WORK DAY!!!!! I literally cannot contain myself. I don't know how I'm going to get anything done. Yesterday my SIL was sick, so I had to attempt to get work done while taking care of C. Ha, that didn't go so well. I ended up working after he went to bed for far too long. Even more reason to be SO excited for 3pm!!! Not much planned for tonight, tomorrow I am doing laundry and packing before our weekend away!

So excited for the next chapter of my life!

POrun

Happy Wednesday!!!

RR: Swam 2000yds this morning. Tonight will be 4 miles with DH.

NRR: Exhausted! So ready to have a nice vacation weekend starting tomorrow after work! 5 days off will be wonderful! Yesterday a group I'm president of, Women In Engineering, at my company hosted a forum on staying aware and safe in today's society. Our speaker was our local sheriff who is very decorated and has won many awards for programs he's started in our country. I asked him about safety and running alone. He suggested that I go on Amazon and pay $99 to get a pink taser. And said to practice a few times on ceiling tile. I thought I'd pass that on. Smile (You don't have to get pink...)

MA: I hope your foot is fine too! Enjoy your last work day!

Have a great day ladies!

OJewel

Morning!

MA- have a great last day in the office Smile I'm sure it's tough to work while taking care of a baby! How nice you'll be away for Labor Day- I forgot, where are you headed?

RR- 8 this morning! Proud I got up early enough to do it.

RR2- so my marathon is oct 6, and there is a 10k on oct 20. Am I asking for trouble even running it at a recovery pace? It's a local race that I enjoy and a few friends are doing it.

NRR- work. I also have a work happy hour tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot done Before happy hour. I'm a little behind, and I need to catch up so September starts off right.

Have a great day!

OJewel

PO- that's interesting about the taser advice. I wonder if that's legal in all states? In nyc the police don't have tasers unless they are higher than a regular officer I think. And even then they don't always carry them around. Jealous of your 5 day weekend!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD, with a massage at 1 for my IT bands, and then yoga later.

NRR: Up early because I apparently thought it was a great idea to schedule my dentist appointments for 7 am. Going into work for a few hours, then leaving. Work all of a sudden is great, probably because I have nothing looming over my head. Yesterday I left early, came home, ate a pint of ice cream, and napped for 2 hours. It was glorious!

MA - Hurray for your last Wednesday! You must be SO distracted.

PO - Another Hurray! but for a 5-day weekend. I think I'm having one of those, too. Tomorrow will be like Saturday, with errands and volunteering, and then Fay and I will head out somewhere on Friday.

Jewel - Nice job waking up for the 8 miler! What time did you have to get up?

SassySparky

MA - I hope your foot is ok! Wahoo for the last day of work! I dont know how people don't exercise either - I think you just get used to feeling a certain way and then exercising makes you feel worse than not (soreness, heart racing, etc).

PO - I saw that you wrote that on FB. Love that he said a pink taser. LOL.

Jewel - for the 10k, is it one that you'd have to register for well in advance? I mean, it's not like you'd have to train for the distance so you could probably just decide the day before if you feel like doing it. That being said, you are a marathon veteran and I think you could do it, especially at a recovery pace.

OWR - enjoy that massage! I'm still a little dissappointed that mine wasn't better. yipes, 7 AM dentist! Well at least it wont' interfere with work.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did an easy 3 this morning, 1.2 with Birdie. Which means I had to run up my stupid hill TWICE. Phew. Tonight I'm going to do ST, becuase I haven't had time to fit it in lately and I also want to take tomorrow as a complete rest day. Friday I'm doing my 16 mile LR since we're traveling to FL this weekend. I'm a little nervous about running 16 then having to fly on Friday afternoon, mostly because I get really tired and cranky and I know I need to be helpful and on point since we'll be flying with G.

NRR: So I have my first AF in about 4 years, it is rough! Granted it is because I started BCP last month so it's not a "real" AF. But I was SO bloated and icky feeling the past 5 days or so and it's finally a little better. Anyway, I really enjoyed my short run this morning, i got back to the house and ate, then had time to shower and dry my hair AND play Legos and read with G for 20 minutes before we had to leave. I can't wait until marathon training is over and I can decrease my midweek runs a little bit. Smile

MA runner girl

PO / Jewel - I'm wondering if it's the same in all states too. In MA you need a license to carry even pepper spray. So I'm sure you need at least a license for it here.

PO - Yay for an extra long weekend!! I hope the next 2 days go fast so you can relax.

Jewel - Scarbourough, Maine for DH's cousin's wedding! Well, you've run 2 marathons before, how did you feel a couple weeks later? I would probably wait to register if at all possible, like Sassy suggested.

Outwest - Mmm ice cream. Sounds like a great afternoon! Enjoy your massage and yoga. Sounds great! Oh, and understatement of the year. I am very antsy!

Sassy - You are probably right, re: not exercising. So you got PG with G without AF? I'm not looking forward to that coming back! Good luck with your LR and then flying. Make sure you eat a lot and hydrate and hopefully that will help!

If we were still on RWOL, I would be posting that emoticon that bounces all around. LOL I certainly didn't need that tea this morning!!

SassySparky

MA - yeah I was (and still am) ammenorrheic and anovulatory. G is actually the result of a successful round of Clomid!

PO / Jewel - I'm wondering if it's the same in all states too. In MA you need a license to carry even pepper spray. So I'm sure you need at least a license for it here.

PO - Yay for an extra long weekend!! I hope the next 2 days go fast so you can relax.

Jewel - Scarbourough, Maine for DH's cousin's wedding! Well, you've run 2 marathons before, how did you feel a couple weeks later? I would probably wait to register if at all possible, like Sassy suggested.

Outwest - Mmm ice cream. Sounds like a great afternoon! Enjoy your massage and yoga. Sounds great! Oh, and understatement of the year. I am very antsy!

Sassy - You are probably right, re: not exercising. So you got PG with G without AF? I'm not looking forward to that coming back! Good luck with your LR and then flying. Make sure you eat a lot and hydrate and hopefully that will help!

If we were still on RWOL, I would be posting that emoticon that bounces all around. LOL I certainly didn't need that tea this morning!!

LucyBelle

Morning!

RR: Probably just some push-ups and crunches tonight, maybe a few other upper body moves. It's all I'll have time for!

NRR: Looong day of work. I have a lot to get done. I wish I could have from now until the wedding off! Still so much to do! Decor to make, etc.

MArunner: Woohoo for your last commute! That must feel soooo awesome!! So happy for you!

POrun: Hahahaha I love that the guy suggested a PINK taser. Of course. I don't know if they're legal here though!

Jewel: Nice job getting up early for the run! I think if your legs feel OK and you just want to run the 10k for fun you should be able to!

Outwest: Hahaha your afternoon yesterday sounds awesome. Glad work is going great!

Sassy: Boooo for AF, I hate her! I'm preparing for her arrival myself, yuck.

LucyBelle

MArunner (again): I love that tea can make you so wired! I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and feel like I could go back to bed, haha. If we were on RWOL I'd post the "zzzzz" motie!

monk717

Morning! Its a sticky one right now, and hot.

RR: Ran 3.5 in crazy humidity. It only cooled down to 75 overnight. It was hard and I was so sweaty when I was done. I kept myself from getting frustrated though by reminding myself that its the humidity not my body that makes this so hard! And running in these conditions will make me better when it cools off.

NRR: Two weeks from tonight we'll be heading out to Vegas (well spending the night at a hotel near O'Hare to fly out Thursday morning)! I had a little nostalgic moment though the other night when I was feeding P before bed and realized that Wednesday night will be the first night in over 6 months that I won't be! I'm not usually nostalgic about things like that, so I dont' know what I'll be like when it actually happens! Speaking of P... I'm hoping his current growth spurt ends soon. A is doing so well with the potty training, seems like maybe we've finally gotten it to stick? We've thought that before though, so right now I'm saying we're cautiously optimistic. She's also seeming more and more grow up every day. Her fourth birthday is in just a couple months! How does time keep flying by? I guess from this post I'm more nostaglic than I give myself credit for, lol. Well, better get to work. Have a great Wednesday divas!

MA runner girl

Lucy - HA, usually it doesn't! I'm just wired with excitement, that the extra boost was not necessary! Good luck with deadline day. Just think... tomorrow you are off!

Monk - Wow, I remember when A was born,  Ican't beleive it was almost 4 years ago! Time does fly. I think C is in a growth spurt too, he's been eating a ton, and wants more than my boobs can give Sad

SassySparky

Agreed! Maybe I need to go cold turkey on coffee and then drink some tea and get wired Smile One of my coworkers doesn't drink coffee or tea, and he got a hot chocolate last week because he was tired. There are like 0.2 nanograms of caffeine in hot chocolate. LOL.

MArunner (again): I love that tea can make you so wired! I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and feel like I could go back to bed, haha. If we were on RWOL I'd post the "zzzzz" motie!