Womens Running

Summer Weekends (Read 17 times)

Anonymous Guest

Okay, it's not technically summer yet, but it's June, so close enough!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I ran 10 this morning. Overnight low was a downright chilly 72 degrees, so I got up early and ran. 2 by myself then waited for anyone in the group to show up at 7.....nobody showed so another 8 by myself. Lots of people out of town so wasn't sure if anyone would be there or not. I didn't mind running alone though, with the weather a little cooler than it has been I was able to run a little faster, and if I was running with someone else, it would have probably been about a minute/mile slower.

Registration for the new season opened today, so I've been emailing and posting on facebook and all that good stuff this morning. Not sure what is on tap for the rest of the weekend. Probably some pool time. And some groceries since I forgot to go yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have Pilates and 5 miles (maybe).  I hurt my back, either moving the sacrum back OUT of place or pinching my sciatica or something when I did kickboxing last night.  Apparently, I'm too old for this shit, lol.  I'll see if Pilates can put everything in place.  Running or walking does not hurt so I'll see.  Not stressing over it.

Karen, nice 10.  Hope you get new recruits.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy June!

10k this morning, 55:43 - am happy with that (my Garmin and Strava had the course a bit longer so I had a sub 9 pace according that that LOL).  Good enough for 1st in my AG and a cool coffee mug!  Saw Carol in the registration section before and after the race, she was working the table where I picked up my bib and then my mug after the race!

Karen - nice 10!!

Damaris - ouch on the back, hope it is feeling better soon!!

Was hoping to do some outside stuff today but the weather is weird, it's cooled off and on and off raining, thunderstorms predicted throughout the afternoon.  It downpoured during our drive to the race so I was a bit nervous.  Luckily the rain stopped and, although there was thunder, no storms during the run.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Quiet day on here...

Karen, yes, it is close enough to summer to call it that, at least here is sunny ole Texas.  Nice 10 miles.  If I were closer to you I would come and paint rocks with you!!!  Enjoy your pool time.

Damaris, sorry about your back.  Any idea when you might hear??

Laura, congrats on the AG win!!  Woot woot.

No weird weather here, just hot hot and more hot.  Feels warmer than the 88 it says it is.  Sunny.

I think I am going to try to walk a few miles tomorrow depending on how my feet feel.  Blisters are meh, the ball of my foot is the only sore thing now.  Improving.  I went to the running store for new trail shoes and picked out a pair with some help, we shall see.  I also have 2 coming from Running Warehouse.  They came yesterday, but I ordered a half size too small.  Bad on me.  New socks and more lube should be here later today if the mail ever comes.

Nothing new.  Just errands earlier and yesterday.  Now the porch and some wine.

Oh yeah, I agreed to try switching my work schedule from 2-10 to 12-8 on a trial basis.  We will see.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Fellow reading people, I just finished My Lovely Wife. Was a little unsure at first, but then wham. Have been sitting here all afternoon reading because the last third of the book I just couldn't put it down.

Oh, and I got my first registration about a half hour after I sent out my mass email. And it's someone new! Now several hours later, I still only have the one so far, but that was exciting.

Laura, congrats on the AG win!! Coffee mugs are excellent AG prizes, and it was super cute in the picture.

Damaris, I hope everything has shifted back into place. But if you have to skip a run, now's the time to do it. One, maybe two more weeks until marathon training starts. I looked at the calendar a few days ago and figured out an outline of a plan, but I can't remember exactly when I started it. But we're getting close.

Kat, fun on all the new shoes and stuff for running. I hope you're able to get out there for a few miles tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Karen, no worries.  I have learned to skip a run and not go berserk about it.  Getting excited about training!

Laura, nice job on the race!

Kat, not sure but I first need to tell my boss so that they can call him for a reference.  So that won't happen until he is back in the office (Monday or Tuesday).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

OK ladies, gonna be a PITA.  (Pain In The Ass) What are your top books of recent.  I know, I know, this has been tossed around a lot, but I wasn't paying attention and Karen's sounds good - My Lovely Wife, think I might order it.  I am a crime kinda gal so it seems intriguing.  Not meaning to rehash it all...

Thanks.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 miles this morning.

LCRuns, congrats on the AG win! A coffee mug is a great prize.

Beautiful summer day here!  I joined a group ride through Ocean Springs this morning--15 miles through town, along the beach and through the Gulf Islands National Seashore.  Fun !  I'll ride w them again.  Best part was Tato Nut donuts at the end Smile

DS1 and his wife + 7 friends came over this afternoon for a pool party.  I got to snuggle that sweet grandson.  Cameron is 2 months old and is over 9 lbs now!  Yay!!

I walked Skye before I went to the ride this morning and that helped.  She's been a good pup all day, even with the company.

Sounds like everyone had a good running day.  Damaris-- excited for you!!

Kat--I think 12-8 sounds better than 2-10. Smile

Have a great weekend!

Bikerchick1

Karen - Nice job on the miles.  Thanks for posting the book recommendations, I have been into reading more recently and have enjoyed some new authors!

Crazysue - Awww, snuggling new grandson and pool party sounds fun, oh and th bike ride!!!

Kat - Hope you get a walk In without too much discomfort!

Damarias - Ugh, on the back!  Hope it is improving. Are you feeling better then you were

Laura - Great job in the race today!!!  Sorry I didn’t get to chat, after I ran, I worked until 11 with the awards....Wow, it was crazy!  People were swarming us!  They sure get crazy about those dang awards....  Is that the first time you have ran that race?

Ended up doing 5k instead of 10K, since I was volunteering to help at the race, and after 20 on Thursday, thought it was best.  Ended up 1st in my AG, got a matching mug to Laura’s ...was pretty happy with my time 27Tight lippedx. 8:52 pace.

Hi to all!

Carol

Bikerchick1

I am not sure why that face appeared in the 27Tight lippedx...

LC Runs

Kat - your new hours sound more appealing, hope it is a good change!  I need book recommendations, too

Karen - yeah for the new registrant!  I may have to check that book out!

Damaris - so exciting about the possible new job!

Kupcakes - thank you!  Nice 3!

Sue - the ride sounds lovely, great job!

Carol - It was great seeing you yesterday, I noticed how crazy the line got at your table, I'm glad I got there early!  I love the race logo, T shirts are super cute and it takes a lot for me to like the race shirts!  I have not ever done that race but I liked it, I really liked the twists and turns of the course.  Great job on the 5K (I think the smiley is there because using the two :  x  symbols makes an emoji)  I'll try it Tight lipped  After the race we got crepes at Crepes Et amis,  OMG delicious!!  Oh, now we have to have coffee together since we have matching mugs LOL

Planning on just a few miles today, probably 3.  BF and I are going to do some geocaching, we did it for a bit yesterday and it was really fun.  Looks like an actual nice day around here!

Can’t wait to hear from Margaret!!!

was going for 20 yesterday. Did 14 on own with Abhay joining for last six. Got just over 1 out and the storm decided to open up over us. Dark almost as night , torrential rain (where it made it look hazy) then some hail and lots of lightning. Went from pretty dry trail to ankle deep in spots with just a few minutes. So 17.63 it was. 😊

Lisa

Walked Skye and then went for 3.1 hot miles.  It was all I could handle.  How do y'all run in this heat?? I have this problem every year. And Skye was still barking like crazy when I got home. I hope she can handle me leaving for church.

Carol and Laura--congrats on the AG wins!

Lisa--wow sounds like quite the weather adventure.  17+ miles! YOu rock.

Karen--after the run I did get in the pool--OMG AHHHHHHHH!!