Womens Running

Springy Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Anonymous Guest

Susan, I live like 20 minutes fro Silver Spring! I know you were probably pretty busy when you were here, but if you're ever back this way let me know!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen!  I didn't realize you were so close!  I go there 3-4 times a year.  Maybe we can meet up next time.  This trip was crazy busy.  I am in orbit today.

Judy=please do call it spring.

Carol-the last 2 years I've paced a 100 miler (2 different people) on their middle of night 3rd loop and then did the 5 mile race in the morning.  No plans as of yet. It is fun.

Julie-It's fun being a part of your progression.  Nice work!

Camille-as I had mentioned the people who I hear picking them up are the ultra runners for those really long runs or to cycle into after 30 miles or so, for the next 30 miles or so. Yes, THOSE people. 2 years ago they were being mocked (I kept my mouth shut), last year filtering in, this year I keep seeing the ultras talk about breaking them in so they have arrived in that crowd. They pronounce them "hoe-ka" like Mocha. But I don't know if that is correct. Funny that we have minimal then go to maximum with shoes.

Ginny-go you on the half!!

Cindy-the IT band feeling okay.  just some twinges in the low back.  we'll see.

Karen-looking forward to seeing you Saturday and racing with you on Sunday... well, behind you... and well, likely not racing. so being in the same event as you.

Walked around a bit then grabbed a sandwich to go and ate in Bryant Park.  I had to chuckle at the "big city girl" who locates one of the few big patches of grass to sit by in the city. Doing my best to keep this toenail on until Saturday. Usually they take longer to lift so the new one can form underneath. I know there isn't much there since this one is falling off so fast. Then there's the big hunk of skin that's working it's way off from where the ball of foot blister was. Good times.

Lisa