Womens Running

LocoMOTION Monday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

We must be loco to have motion on Monday. 

Does it ever stop surprising you when people say things like "so you're still running?" as if it should be a phase and we should be over it by now?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa, people say that to me especially due to my age. My interpretation is they are implying that I should be dead by now and my next run will kill me. They are usually shocked or amazed.

Friday weather turned out to be non storm so I did 35 minutes at the track. It feels so great to have more energy now. At home I did 40 minutes of cardio dvd.

Saturday was SDO. Lots of domestic cross training.

Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out on the trail. We saw a huge buck! Fortunately, he was not too close to us. There was a doe with him. We saw a friend of mine who is a Marathon Maniac. He was walking the trail after having done a recent marathon. He and his wife go in for the winter to the same gym where I go. He was a smoker for years, quit and became a runner.

Today will be a track run with cardio when I get home.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

I MADE IT!!!!  Quick post this AM, I have to get to work.  Words can't begin to describe the R2R experience....speechless!  Let's just say, hardest thing I have ever done, but not as hard as I thought it would be.  Quads are sore.  But the memories are worth any pain involved.

Hi to all!!!!

Will be back later to catch up.

Carol

Good Morning!  Crazy busy weekend here!!!  Yesterday was the Southern Magnolia 100 ride.  I did the metric century (62 miles).  Beautiful day!!  Cool morning and we had a great ride.  Rode with my friends the entire way.  19+ mph avg.  BF did the 25 mile ride and was very happy with it.  A little stiff this morning, but ok.

Ginny--love the race pic.  How many kids can say they race with their grandmother???  WTG!!

Karen--glad Jake is recovering.

Marjorie--Ugh on the cramps

Have a great day!!

camille2

Carol, congrats!! Can't wait for pics.

judy, glad u feel better and cool on deer.

karen and Laura, I hope you read book. If you do, let me what you think. .  It's truly story of a miracle.  I actually rated it 5 on Good Reads.  I read all the time but last book I was this excited about was Wonder years by geraldine Brooks, but for different reasons.  People loved that rec, but I was excited about Amazing grace and Cloister Walk several years ago, recommended them widely, then found out I must be her only fan.  : )

Shadow and Lisa had cheesecake recently I think. Doesnt that sounds like a good plan for the rest of us?  Hopefully, I'll get a piece this week after weigh-in.

running this afternoon while car gets oil change and cabin air filter. I think the mice visited during summer.  Better than the bears, I guess.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. Had a nice 4 mile run with Jet (my dog) this morning. 48f. My quads were a little sore from Saturday's run, but felt great after running. Spent a very restful day yesterday watching the Walking Dead on Netflix. DH even joined me. Now we're anxiously awaiting the next season to come out.

Lisa - yes, I know what you mean. Especially since I work with a lot of much younger people.

Judy - sounds like a great run yesterday, especially with seeing deer.

Carol - glad you had a good time at R2R. Can't wait for the details.

Sue - well done on your ride!

Camille - way to go with multi-tasking (oil change and running)

ginnyb

5 miles this morning and I felt the best I have felt since I broke my wrist.  So happy..

Carol....anxiously awaiting the details!

Camille...I loved the Wonder Years by Geraldine Brooks.  What is the book you are so excited about?  I must have missed you mentioning it.

Sue....good job on your biking this weekend.

Have to get to work soon, so cutting this short.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  Had an exhausting weekend with the Tower of Terror 10 miler on Saturday late night with hubby and an 8 miler last night.  I want to sleep all day!  Back from my asthma doctor. Breathing at 52% capacity.  Yay, Chicago marathon.

You can tell I am tapering.  SRD for me.

Lisa, I hate when people do that.  Also, after DNFing Chicago last year, I had to answer the Did you Finish question on the next 4 marathons.  Seriously?  20 done, and you only concentrate on one?

Judy, that's because they don't want you ruining your knees with running.

Carol, congrats on making it!  I want to hear all about it!

Sue, nice job on the century!

Camille, enjoy the run this afternoon.

Shadow, nice 4 and weather.  We are watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix.  Thinking Walking Dead might be next.

Ginny, yay for feeling your best.  Nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

You can tell I am tapering with all the yays and the lack of snarkiness in my post.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I MADE IT!!!!  Quick post this AM, I have to get to work.  Words can't begin to describe the R2R experience....speechless!  Let's just say, hardest thing I have ever done, but not as hard as I thought it would be.  Quads are sore.  But the memories are worth any pain involved.

Hi to all!!!!

Will be back later to catch up.

Carol

Yay Carol on R2R!

Well done CrazySue on your metric century!

Nice Tower of Terror 10 mile race, Demaris!

Hi to Lisa, Judy, Shadow, Camile, GinnyB, and everyone to follow!

(Seriously overusing the exclamation point today...!)

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Was at work long day.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Just 3 easy around the neighborhood tonight. Last night I was so sore after running 16 I could barely lift my legs. So the marathons should go well, then, eh? I'd say right now I'm at about 50% probability of doing the second one. I want to do them both, but I don't want to make my foot, or anything else, worse. Pray for me to be smart this weekend, ladies! Big picture good, ego bad.

Carol, woo hoo!!!!! That is so awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it. I've never even seen the Grand Canyon, much less run it.

Hi to all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Carol-can't wait to hear about it!

karen- not looking forward to a year of hearing about a worsened current injury and/or a new one. Id say to pick the full with the most generous cut off time and the flattest course and do that one vs both. Any fees lost aren't likely to be as high as your deductible.  I am still making payments on knee related bills.

Lisa

And taking some of my own advice.

Skipping a weight workout tomorrow as I am so tired.  This morning I pulled into a Target parkng lot and rested my eyes for 15 minutes after driving kids to school and before going into office. Never done that before. Was afraid of falling asleep behind wheel.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, yes. I guess people think that because running/jogging has been a fad that goes through phases.

Judy, neat to see the big deer!

Carol, congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Susan, good for you on the metric century!

Ginny, lovely pictures. Nice family!

Camille, will look for books by this person. Good luck with the weigh in.

Shadow, more power to you -- I couldn't watch that show.  Too scary.

Hi Damaris, Marjorie, Gatsby, and others!

17.2 on Saturday morning before it got too hot, 13.9 Sunday, 4 this monring, 7.02 at lunch. Now I am going to bed.