Womens Running

Finally Friday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Bikerchick1

Karen - Hope you are feeling better!  Sounds like the best decision to stay home and not do DWD.

LCruns - Very odd on your RB's behavior.  I wish you lived a little closer to join us on our runs...we would have a great time 

Lisa - Enjoy DWD!!!

Camille - Yesterday a patient was telling me all about her 14 day trip to Alaska....."it's rainey, there was no sun, been there, done that"  blah, blah, blah, I was thinking of how much you love Alaska....some people are never satisfied.  She also said she wouldn't go back to Hawaii   Alaska is on my bucket list, and I was just thinking to myself how fortunate she is to be able to travel lke that.

Had another crazy exercise day....before work met RB at the football stadium and did the bleechers, and a little hill work.  Did 1 hour bike with RB/TB's, then swam for about 25 minutes.  Slept good last night.

Today if I get home in time may do an exercise class, if not will be RD.

Carol

LC Runs

Carol - I'm probably just being over-sensitive, I just get the feeling she's blowing me off.  But, we'll see how it goes next week, it more than likely is burnout from running and not me personally but I value the friendship for more than running.  It would be nice to be part of a bigger running group so there's always someone around.  We tried to start one here, but it only lasted a 3-4 weeks and then it was just me, BF, RB and RB's hubby lol.  I would love to go to Alaska (in the summertime, could not handle the winters even though I'm sure it's spectacular)!

Slept in this morning, again.  I plan on doing 3 or so this evening, supposed to be beautiful!

ginnyb

I just had the best 3 mile run that I have had in ages.  We went to the Cleveland Indians game last night and didn't get to bed until after midnight (very late for me), up at 6, I was going to skip the run this morning, but decided to go.  Am so glad that I did!  Thought I was running pretty slowly and I ended up with this:  12:11  12:20  12:11!  Very speedy for me, I was so excited.  It was just no effort whatsoever....weird and I wish I could bottle up this run and bring it out when I wanted.

LC....I just discovered a running group here, but they are all super speedy and I just don't think I would feel comfortable running with them, I might try it one of these weekends because they do long runs every Sunday.  I need to find a senior running group or maybe I should start one!

Carol...you are on fire with your exercise!

My last day of vacation......so sad.  I may just sit on my porch and read all day and do exactly what I want to do.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Carol, crazy day indeed.  Enjoy whichever you choose.

LC Runs, hope your RB is not evading you.  But yes, odd.

Ginny, glad to hear your 3 went great.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did 90 minutes out on the trail and in the park. Weather was perfect. I have been draining a blister on my little toe from the run, but it was worth it.

Thursday I did 40 minutes on the TM to test a new pair of shoes. They are Brooks Ravenna 5. The Ravenna 3 model had been really unsuitable but somewhere along the line Brooks changed them back. I notice that they seem to have a lower rise than the Adrenaline 14s. It feels like my heels are lower than usual. Stability shoes seem to work best for me and both of those models are stability shoes. I'm going to do the TM this morning.

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts and support. I am feeling much better.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Carol, honestly,  if I'd only been in Alaska this week when it's been quite cool and rainy, I'd prob never want to come back either.   Last week was gorgeous though and n ext week is supposed to be decent.. Not wanting to go to HI or AK again though makes me wonder about her.  BTW, Have you seen this? It's older, but for some reason was highlighted this week on RW home page. http://www.runnersworld.com/trails/running-rim-rim  You'll be in great shape for it.

Laura, I'd bet your RB is embarrassed about her behavior during the marathon. "f bombs," etc.  I'd leave her to get over it, I think.

Judy, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Demaris, have a good run!

Ginny, yeah on a great run!

DD and her husband are coming tonight for a week.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.1 for me today

Laura I hate when people blow you off. Hope it isn't that!

Carol yep, some people are never happy when they travel.

Ginny if only we could bottle up those good runs.

Hi everyone else.

Still changing email. It is taking a long while. At least the big ones are changed.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, happy birthday and I'm sorry you are not going to make DWD, but I think you probably made the right decision.

Laura, sounds like she is burned out on running and isn't thinking that you want to be friends for reasons other than running. (Can't see why anyone would be embarrassed about dropping a few f bombs in the last miles of a full marathon, but maybe I'm too much of a potty mouth.)

Carol, some people just don't like anyplace they go, I guess.

Ginny, nice run! Glad you had a good one.

Marjorie, I missed it, why are you changing emails?

Hi Camille, Damaris, Cindy, Judy, anyone lurking.

6.9 on the TM at lunch. Slowly getting back the red cells!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa now that our satellite carrier can go wireless for TV we don't need the home phone. We don't use the home phone for anything.  Our email is tied to the carrier for the home phone. So once we turn that off we will lose the email. I still have my personal email. But a ton of stuff goes to the home email. It all has to be changed. We don't want to pay to keep it when we can use gmail for free.

Dh needs to change some of his stuff that he subscribes to. I've changed 90% of stuff. It also means eliminating the home phone. Most places don't have it so that is easier. Dh is under strict orders to make sure to update his doctors on Monday. He needs to update his work with the phone change too.

Marjorie