Womens Running

Friday is Upon Us (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are here to listen and commiserate. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Car is doing very well.

Thursday as I started to run on the track a friend called to me and joined me for about three laps…fast.

It is just awful to START running fast without a slow warm up…even for a very short time. He dropped off quickly so the rest of the time I leisurely enjoyed some running with tunes all by myself. Total was 45 minutes. I did 30 minutes of cardio DVD at home afterward.

After a good run at the track I hope to do a short cardio DVD workout.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - So happy that Friday is Upon us Smile   Nice workout as always!

LisaMMR - I could feel your excitement in your post yesterday about your run.....Made me Big grin

LCruns - Glad to see that things were ok at work yesterday...sometimes ya just gotta have a good cry. So hard when there is so much work stresss.....

Tessa - I didn't realize your DH had a blood clot too...must have missed that.  So much to deal with, must be hard.

Did  a 10 mile bike followed by a 2 mile run last night....will go get packet tonight for Tri tomorrow.

Carol

Was good and iced on and off all day. I bought 2 of the reusable ice gel packs and use a big ace to strap it on to leg. A little tight but I'll take it easy today.  Going to a yoga class after work. It's a Restorative Yoga class which I did once a few years ago and found it to be nice. Basically a Hatha (basic) style where they just hold the poses longer. I'll adjust as necessary of course. I think it will help since I'm going in with back being pretty good.

Judy-fast anytime for me is painful and to be avoided. It was after what would have been a PR time run (if it were an actual race) on a flat, paved path that my knee first hurt. For me, speed is not good. To be able to happily move fast enough to not call it walking is more than enough for me.  Please remind me of this later as we go along. :-)

Carol-So glad my run made you smile. Me too.

Ginny- If my run made you smile, I'm sure that my baseball team did not. sorry. I know you wouldn't have been in the crowd yelling "Bankrupt" to the Tiger players. It doesn't even make sense. Like that would humiliate some player who probably doesn't even live IN the actual city?

Lisa

LC Runs

TGIF!!

5.1 hilly miles this am.  Got my new Brooks shoes yesterday (Ghosts) and tried them out this morning, so far, so good

Judy - your track workout sounds fun!

Carol - nice workout and have fun at the Tri tomorrow!  Thanks for the nice words about my work situation, still haven't heard anything from job interview *sigh*

Lisa - enjoy the yoga class Smile

TGIF!  Was raining and storming so I stayed in bed.  They usually close the pool if there is lightning in the area.  Smile  It is so rainy I wore shorts and rubber sandals to the office.  Good thing it is pretty casual here. I just looked in the mirror.  Guess I coulda ironed my clothes....Embarrassed

Tessa-- I hope they can figure out a good treatment path for DH.  Thinking of you.

Damaris--great 13!  I need to work my mileage back up, and it has been so brutally hot and humid here.

Marjorie--new car too????  She is not wasting any time, is she?

Judy--you are so good--I bought DVDs I never even unwrapped

Have a great day everyone!

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

No, I did not get out and run yesterday, but I did this morning.  I am going to post my times just because I did not realize I was running kind of fast for me.. 12:37, 12:12,13:01, 11:22...kind of good for me.  I am like Lisa, just run fast enough to not be walking and trying to be happy with that!  That doesn't mean I still don't try to get better times though, just trying not to be disappointed in myself when I can't.  A week from Sunday I half a Half.

Tessa....sorry about all the problems still with DH.    Wish we all lived closer so we could go out and commiserate!

Lisa....What you posted  about being slow was perfectly stated!  You seem to be able to put down in words the thoughts I have, but don't state well when I try to get thought to fingers, to typing.  You were talking about the Detroit marathon right?  I forgot to check if it were full, but I think it is.  So glad you are back and feeling more confident again!

I have the day off today, work tomorrow.  I am going to go over to DS's house today and get my hands on those twins!  Also cooking  them a meal to take, I am trying to do that at least once a week, they have their hands full right now.  Also knitting like crazy, working on little hooded sweaters right now...hard to make two though.

Karen...nice that you are out meeting the neighbors.  Happy you are not being as tired during your runs....cutting down is sometimes a very good idea.

Sorry I haven't acknowledged everyone, but I need to get my day going....I will be back,

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

PS Lisa.....your darn Tigers!   But no, I would not be in the stands yelling "bankrupt"  some fans are so ignorant, make Cleveland look bad and I love my Cleveland!  Indians just didn't have this time, the Tigers have got their number!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick check in. Hi Judy, Ginny, Lisa, Susan, Laura, Caro, and those to follow! 4 miles this morning, hoping to get to the gym today at lunch. Marathon a week tomorrow.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura I must have missed your work thing. I will have to go back and find it

Lisa I love the restorative yoga

Sue she isn't wasting time at all. Wonder what will be next. Probably disowning my brother and then me. She seems to like me right now but who knows

Ginny I see nothing wrong with those times at all.

Hey to Carol Gatsby and Tessa

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Finally wrote a race report for Blister in the Sun here. Have a ton of stuff to do as we're leaving for New Jersey shortly. Between running 13 miles today and finishing up my race report, the day is practically gone!

Hi to all! Will try to get back later.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  No chance to post until now.  Busy week!  I was even about to come into the office Saturday and Sunday but just as I was leaving, we got notice that we are resolving the big issue so no need for me to work (more than usual).  SRD for me.

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy Friday!  SRD today.  DH and I are doing a 22 mile trail race tomorrow.  We will be in the back of the pack.  I just found out some RC friends will also be there, too, which is always fun.

Judy, love how you are so consistent with your workouts.

Carol, have fun at the Tri tomorrow!

Lisa, I will take a page from your book and stick to running non-fast.  Hope the restorative yoga helps.

LC, fingers crossed about the job.

CrazySue, ironing is not required on Fridays.  Pretty sure there's a rule about that somewhere.

Ginny, those are very respectable times!  Feeling ready for your half?

Hi Tessa.  Sending more good thoughts your way for your DH.  What marathon is coming up for you?

Marjorie, sorry to hear that your dad's wife is continuing to drive a wedge between him and his family.   Sorry for him especially.

Karen, I enjoyed the RR.  Can't say I want to do that one, since the heat and humidity would kill me, but it sound like the RD has fun with it.  Do you know Karen Austin?  She's a MM and did Blister, and It looks like you're standing next to her in the photo.  She's great -- here on RA actually (H Street).

Damaris, sounds like you've had a busy week.   Hopefully it settles down!

Be back tomorrow!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR