Womens Running

Mid Day meeting (Read 21 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Going down to Tulsa today for a luncheon meeting/learning opportunity....2 hours down, 2 hours back and 1.5 hour meeting.

Well Happy Thursday!!  DF returned yesterday.  Enjoyable dinner, the cake was FABULOUS!!! Then we went to Ash Wednesday services.

5 miles this morning.  Needed it to work off the cake.  So far my back is ok.  A little stiff. Chiro this afternoon.

Seloc

Damaris – hope DH is feeling better!  And REALLY hope you aren’t getting it – you’ve been sick enough already!

Cathy – I forgot about Chinese New Year!  Tomorrow, right?  I did see it’s year of the dog.  Wow on the chic relocating from CA to WI.  That’s quite a change!  I wonder what prompted it?  Fabulous job?  Change of scenery?  Family?  SO?  How did DD do at Jump Rope for Heart?  Paczki with booze?!  Yes, please!  The King Cake wasn’t anything to write home about.  To me it was like a very dry coffee cake haha

Kat – love when you post!  Us single ladies need to stick together!  LOL on the flecks of grass in the lean-to.  You’ll have a blast and maybe you aren’t as prepared as you want to be but you KNOW you can do it and you’ll have fun, too.

Lizzie – nah, no trax.  I’m just too lazy to bother with them.  Plus it’s mostly pavement with just icy patches.  Your beach pics on Insta looked AWEOME!  OMG I wish I could wiggle my nose and be there.    Haha – yes!  Did you sing that to HCBF yesterday??  Great – now I have that song back in my head LOL  Can’t wait to hear about your amazing evening!  Well the G-rated parts anyway hee hee.  Safe drive today!!

Karen – wowzers, nice mileage yesterday.  So sorry to hear about your dad.  SUCKS when parents get sick.  Enjoy your alone day today!  Though, I think it’s defurring day, right?

Elina – sounds like a lovely day yesterday!  How did the Latvian do in the skeleton?  Kinda cracking up here that I did not stay up for that part of the coverage and I’m 6 or 7 hours earlier haha.

Tessa – HCK beat me to it but, I also remember when the Catholic church made a pardon (or whatever) to allow people to eat meat on St. Patricks Day a year it fell on a Friday during lent so they could have their corned beef and cabbage haha

HCK – ugh on the early wake ups!  It is SO HARD to get woken up in the middle of a sleep cycle.  I actually prefer to just get up at that time if that happens!  When’s your next race?

Diane – Oh My GOSH that’s a lot of driving for a short meeting.  But, you get paid, right??  Safe travels!!  No more mishaps, got it??

Sue – wow, nice miles!  Look at you jumping right back in.  Glad DF made it home for V-day and a lovely dinner.  Your cake sounded good though I’m the weird one that doesn’t like to mix chocolate and fruit.  Weirder probably that I’m not a huge chocolate person.  But, I’ll take yellow cake and buttercream frosting ANY day!!

Laura – hope you are having a FABULOUS time in FL and getting in some awesome beach runs!!

7mi with the fasties.  I haven't run that pace since last year sometime.  Whew.  6 of us out there this morning!  30* was perfect.  Slippery in spots but not horrible.  Third day in a row running outside and I’m now MUCH more pleasant to be around haha.  It is ahMAZing what a difference that makes.  Now if only this was the end of winter.  But, alas, more snow and single digits next week.  Sigh.

Oh – I can’t remember if I mentioned this but I agreed to coach 5th/6th gr volleyball starting next week.  Should be pretty funny and fun.  I’m looking forward to it.  Will get me out of the house a few nights a week for a couple months anyway.  One more day, kids, we got this!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Valentine’s Day was a lovely time. DC and I went out to eat, then arranged the roses. He gave me a lovely card and book to help my study.

Wednesday was such a great run. I was outside for 50 minutes, doing a dance step or two since there were a few very short patches of wet ice.

Today I plan an early run out the trail if the ice is mostly gone. Yesterday I estimated that a lot of it will have disappeared. Later this afternoon DC and I are going to do our volunteer work. Tomorrow is a day of classes. I need yoga class.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Diane...a lot of driving for a 1.5 hour meeting.  Is there something else you can do in Tulsa to make it more worthwhile?  Safe driving.

Sue...your back must be better if you did a 5 miler this morning!  Good!

Damaris...Hope your DH is feeling better and that you don't get it, you just got over something.

Liz...I cannot figure out instagram, so I did not see your pics, but sounds like you are having a great time.  The beach sound so nice.

Cathy...wow on the move from California to Wisconsin, she is going to have a rude awakening weatherwise.

Laura...jealous of your Florida time, you aren't want to come back to the cold.

Karen....it is so hard when a parent is ill and you live far away.  I hope it is nothing serious.  Nice miles yesterday.

Sandy...nice on the volleyball coaching!  Just so the parents don't give you any problems, should be fun.

Full body with trainer this morning, he really worked me, my arms are still shaking and feel like I just ran a bunch of miles too...more tire flipping, burpees, rope pulling  Yikes!  I made it through though and it does feel good when done.

Just posting a pic of 2 very happy girls...just a "feel good" picture.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Why yes, today is the day DH was going to go into the office.

DH, just now: What's the weather like outside. Hot again?

Me: Why do you care? I'm pretty sure you haven't left the house since last Friday.

DH: I'm going in later!

He says he's going in after his 7:30 and 9:00 calls. I'm not holding my breath. I seriously don't think he's left the house in a week, other than the backyard a time or two. Not even to walk down the street and get the mail. I pointed that out and he came back with "I hope my car starts. It's been sitting a long time."

The dog is at daycare and the laundry has been started. I was considering a long run today, but I think instead I'll slide into taper and go with a medium long run today, and maybe 16 this weekend. I just don't want to do 20 when it's already 70 degrees and super humid out. Cold front is supposed to be coming through on Friday to knock the highs down into the 50s and 60s for the weekend, which should be better.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Thursday!  Yes, Chinese New Year is tomorrow, though in China it is a week-long celebration.  It is also celebrated in other Asian countries that used the lunar calendar, so I imagine we should be seeing something during the Olympics about it!  It "floats" due to the different calendar, but it's normally the end of Jan through mid Feb.  My dad was born on the 3rd day of Chinese New Year, which is considered lucky, so we celebrate his birthday whenever Chinese New Year falls.

Diane, safe driving!

Sandy, rumor is that the new woman is from India and was going to school in California.  She may think it's cool to live somewhere different, or maybe she thinks MIlwaukee is near Chicago, so it must be interesting.    One of my good friends came from China to go to college in Waukesha, Wisconsin.  I always thought that was weird.    Well, we are going to have a lunch with her tomorrow, so I will find out the details!   DD came home with a little trophy from Jump Rope for Heart!  They have a bunch of different contests (most times jumping in a row, most times jumping on one foot, most times jumping backward, etc) and she won them all.  I asked if people were mad at her!    The volleyball coaching sounds like fun!  In 4th/5th grade VB here, they have a weird thing they do where they allow the ball to bounce on the ground once and you can still hit it.  I understand why they do it, but it just seems that it teaches the kids to play in an unnatural way that they will have to "unlearn" once they get to 6th grade!     They also allow the kids to serve from anywhere, so you have kids standing right by the net serving.

Ginny, aww, nice picture!

Karen, I hope your dad is OK!

Elina, skeleton looks really scary.  Though the athletes that do it claim that it's actually safer than, say downhill skiing.  I guess that scares me too.  

Lizzie, hope you are having a good time!    The girls have been having sweets all week.    DH also got Kaitlyn a stuffed animal, because she doesn't have enough of them, haha.  And he got some roses for me.  He also gave me a chocolate shaped man, the "Perfect Man", lol.  I'm not big on candy, so I actually regifted that to my single friend.  

Kat, well at least there's no pressure.     The logistics and weather does sound like it will be challenging!

Waves to everyone!

Cathy

Wow was it foggy this morning!!! And 67F!

Remember when Skye at the Christmas package of chocolate covered coffee beans? DF ordered a new box for Valentine's Day and we discovered it is actually a 2 POUND box, not a one pound box.  No wonder Skye was SO ill!!  She actually ate 2lbs of chocolate covered coffee beans!! Silly dog!

Skeleton does look pretty scary.  I can't imagine going 80 mph on a cafeteria tray either!

Seloc

Cathy - Oh my gosh, I am laughing hysterically at the chocolate perfect man and that you re-gifted it!  That is soooo funny.  Okay, makes sorta sense about your new coworker.  But, yeah, how your China friend ended up in Waukesha is another hmmmmmmmmm haha.  Awww congrats to DD!!  LOL on asking if people were mad at her.  She is successful in everything!  The whole bouncing the ball in volleyball does sound odd - never heard of that.  I'm pretty sure there are no special rules for this group?  Though it turns into a serving game for sure because hardly anyone can return the ball.  THANK GOODNESS for rally scoring haha

Karen - awwwww sorry you don't get your alone day.  That is hilarious about DH not leaving the house.  Sorry it is warm for you but I'm selfishly sad you are getting a cold front since that means it's EXTRA cold up here.  

Ginny - cute pic!  Wow, sounds like a killer workout this morning.  Good point about parents possibly giving me problems - I hope not either!  They are already emphasizing the "have fun" over "being competitive" so hopefully that helps.  This is an all girls Charter STEM school.  Pretty sure no one has ever played before LOL

Judy - awwww sounds like a nice V-day with DC!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, that is too long of a drive for too short of a meeting.  Be safe.

Sue, that is ALOT of chocolate/coffee.  WOWZA.  Glad the cake was yummy.

Sandy, glad you got some good miles and are happier.  Yay for coaching!  I hope you enjoy it.

Judy, sounds like a nice V-Day.

Ginny, nice pic.

Karen, how is your Dad doing?  Funny DH won't leave.

Cathy, there is pressure to finish within the allotted time.  Gonna be a challenge for me.

Ugh, woke up BEFORE the butt crack of dawn - 4am.  Couldn't go back to sleep, laid there till 6:30 and got up,  Coffee/surfing then laid down for another hour-ish.  I am moving now, but still wiped out.  (My normal wake up time is about 8 or 9am since I don't go to work until 1pm.)

Drinks tonight with a local woman who is also doing Antelope Canyon.  Should be fun chatting.  She is rather speedy. And she has trained.

Thanks for the positive thoughts on Antelope.  Yes, I will just plod along doing my thing, i.e., pulling up the rear.  Hope I don't get lost...  I am super excited though.  Lots to do before I leave, Saturday is steam clean the carpets day.  Blech.

I should go do something...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I am back at work. Blah. Had a great time last night Smile Most of my thoughts on last night would be X rated so I will keep those to myself Wink But we had a great time. We found a cupcake place!!! I had to get more than one so I got - lemon, chocolate peanut butter, funfetti, and white chocolate. The best ones were lemon, choc peanut butter and the funfetti. White chocolate one tasted weird - it was good but not my favorite. And no, I don't eat the entire thing..I take a few bites of each Smile I told HCBF he is going to have to stop there on his way home one time! I was impressed with how good they were!  Dinner was good and we went to breakfast this morning. I headed out around 8:30 and got back around 10:30. Not too bad.

I have so many calls this afternoon but I will probably jump off one of them early (who schedules a call at 4:00? Those darn TX people Wink ) to go get my RUGER. I can't wait to get my hands on my other sweet VALENTINE!! Smile Smile

WARM here today - sorry Sandy - its going to be in the 60's tomorrow when I am running. HUMID. Gross. BUT tomorrow should be my last early early morning for a while! Smile WOOHOO! I miss sleep!

Karen – You made me feel better about leaving Ruger yesterday. I was having a hard time last night. Nice miles yesterday and I am sorry to hear about your dad. What did they do for that? My dad has that a few years ago and they shocked his heart back into rhythm. He hasn’t had any problems since then. Taper includes a semi long run today and 16 this weekend? I like your taper. Smile Hopefully DH gets his butt to the office today so you can have some YOU time!

Tessa – You always tend to WFH when its raining, right? Smart.

Run4kupcakes – Ugh on the waking up groggy. The clocks move forward next month already?! Wow, Spring is coming. Nice miles yesterday!

Diane – Drive safe! 2 hours is about how long it takes to get to the beach.

Susan – I want to try the cake. Haha. Nice miles this morning. OMG on the chocolate! That could have ended badly!

Sandy – Anytime I wake up before my alarm (anything less than an hour) I have been staying up because of you. LOL. Well, because of what you said about it. It makes sense! WOOHOO awesome run this morning!! Glad it helped lift your spirits Smile We are actually expected to get some snow this weekend. Odd because it is going to be 70 today and tomorrow. Usually when our weather starts swinging like this – Winter is “over”. Sigh. AWESOME on the coaching!!! That is really awesome! Did you play volleyball?? I knew Cathy did, I didn’t know you did, too! That is really awesome Smile Oh, did you ever reconsider applying to Target? Or decided to do coaching instead?

Judy – Awe, you had a great Valentines Smile Have a good trail run today!

Ginny – AWESOME workout this morning! I love when your trainer posts pictures Smile You are so cute and tiny! I know sometimes you say stuff about your weight – I am just NOT seeing it. Smile

Cathy – Are you going to see your dad this weekend for his birthday?! OMG..congrats to DD for the win on all of the jump roping contests! She is a little athlete! Smile I can see your DH getting you a chocolate shaped man..LOL. You two are so cuteeee Smile

Kathryn – Have fun chatting tonight! How did you guys meet? Sorry about the crappy sleep!

I have had a lot of sweets lately. I need to cut back and get back on the diet train. BLAH.

Okay. Have a good afternoon ladies! I will be back later if I can Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home so I hopped on the TM early and ran 16 miles on it.  It really felt nice and easy and the pace was fast. Pilates tonight.

Hubby sounds much better today and might run and knocking on wood, I don't think I caught anything he had, but vice versa.

Diane, hoping the travel is uneventful.

Susan, glad DF came in and you had time to spend with him!  Nice 5. Poor doggie!

Sandy, nice 7.

Judy, sounds like a lovely time!

Ginny, love that picture.

Karen, since you gave me 13 as the MLR this week, maybe you should try that and then 16 on Sunday.  It's just fair! Smile

Cathy, hope you enjoy the Chinese New Year!

Kathryn, enjoy the dinner.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Diane, wow, that's a lot of travel for a 1.5 hour meeting. Hope you have a hands free set so you can at least return phone calls -- or some good music.

Any chance of bringing your running gear and getting in a run afterwards? I'm sure there are sidewalks and bike paths in Tulsa, it would be nice to see a bit of the scenery.

Susan, glad the cake was good! I'm sure it made the services more enjoyable, too. Yikes on Skye's consumption of chocolate and coffee -- silly dog.

Sandy, I also think king cake is dry. I would rather have a sour cream coffeecake.

How fun, coaching volleyball!

And I'd be worried about any slippery patches. I know I would find them.

Ginny, nice pic -- is your DGD the one with the glasses? Workout sounds grueling.

Judy, I think you're busier since you retired than when you were working!

Karen, if you type the word "hermit" into Google, does DH's picture come up? Ugh on the 70 and humid.

Cathy, agree that it doesn't make sense to allow the kids to do something that isn't allowed in the older age groups. That would be like letting the U-6s handle the ball in soccer. Admittedly we don't enforce the offside rule for U-8 soccer, but OTOH there's a difference between not enforcing a rule and actually allowing different actions.

Happy birthday to your dad.

Year of the Dog? Better than mine (year of the flippin' bunny rabbit).

And tell DH nice try on the perfect man made of chocolate but if it doesn't do dishes then it's not perfect. (I could also think of a few far more bawdy comments but won't suggest those.)

I can see moving from California to Wisconsin. But I'm not going anywhere, roots are too deep.

Kat, hope you manage to get some sleep. Antelope Canyon: left foot, right foot, repeat until finish line is crossed.

Liz, you only eat a couple of bites of each cupcake? What do you do with the rest, feed it to HCBF?

Yes, I do tend to WFH when it is raining. My commute is over an hour in the morning and nearly 2 hours in the evening at the best of times. Rainy days are not the best of times!

3.2 with RN this morning, and about to go to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks! Sunny here today and getting warmer, and we have a wind advisory starting tonight. Again. Dammit.

Seloc

Wow, I’ve caught up and nothing is piled up – what is this??  Oh, yes, life in operations.  Not complaining!  Gonna scoot out a little early to hit the grocery.

Kat – ugh on the sleepless early morning.  That is the WORST!  Fun you are meeting up with new Antelope friend.  How often do you steam clean?  It seems you have mentioned before and I have never.  I am very clean, neat and tidy and spot clean/vacuum all the time.  Should I be steam cleaning as well??  I coached years and years ago and it can be pretty fun.  Middle school girls can be SQIRRELY but I also enjoy how impressionable they are.

Lizzie – awwwwwwwwwwww on your awesome night!  Holy cats that’s a lot of cupcakes!  No way you can eat them all but fun to taste test.  What was for dinner last night?  Did you guys exchange gifts?  Ahem – not THAT kind of gift hee hee  Okay, I am very jealous of 60* but you can keep that humidity haha.  Yep, yep, played volleyball (and basketball and track) in high school and college.  Also played on adult leagues since.  I retired a couple times but this time mostly for good though sometimes someone can talk me into being a sub.  I did apply at Target but was rejected.  Kinda thinking it was because of the restrictive hours I put down.  Snuggle up with your Ruger buddy and have a great run tomorrow!!

Damaris – “hopped on the TM early and ran 16 miles” yeahhhhhhhhh that’s amazing.  Glad it felt so good!!  And even better that DH is on the mend and you didn’t catch anything more!!

Tessa – good point on there being a difference between not enforcing a rule and actually allowing different actions in a sport while the kids are learning.  LOL on the flippin bunny rabbit.  I think I’m year of the rooster which was this past year.  2 hour commute home on a daily basis??  Train or not that is a LOT.  SMART to WFH when it rains.  I cannot imagine.  Hooray for lunch run!!

Have a great night, everyone!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – I remember you had gotten rejected but for some reason I thought you might reapply after the Christmas season. Coaching sounds more fun Smile Do they pay you or is it volunteer? Lets see, I had a broiled combination last night – scallops, shrimp and fish. HCBF had crab legs. YES, we did exchange gifts..I got him a wood watch. More for fashion then for everyday use, but it was really cool looking. I had it engraved in the back. He really liked it Smile He got me this CUTEST necklace..a heart with a puppy paw off the side of it! I love it. Grocery during the week?! You never do that Smile

Tessa – HCBF does the dishes!! Smile I give the rest of the cupcakes to HCBF.. Smile Very smart to WFH when it rains. Nice run this morning and YAYYYY for lunchtime run!

Docket – Holy crap, nice miles today!!! I hope you don’t catch anything he had!!

Its 75 degrees outside! UUUGGGHHH. I bet the house is warm..looks like AC tonight. Don't hate me mid-westerners. Smile

I swear, if you are going to have a conference call and you are very monotone..have someone else host. I swear these people lost me 2 minutes in. What call? hahaha.

Out of here soon! Woohoo! Have a great night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2