Womens Running

THRILLED FOR THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 14 times)

MA runner girl

It's my Friday! WOO!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 3 miles last night. Running Fri-Sun: 8 tomorrow, 3 Saturday and 5 Sunday with 4X800 @ 5k pace w/ 400 recoveries. I hope I can actually go to a track for it! Anyways, that will put me at 22, my highest PP mileage!

NRR: It was nice to have the inlaws over last night. They brought chicken, salad and corn on the cob. Mmm. C slept better last night, but he still woke up a couple times. I think the problem is that he's rolling over in his sleep and it's freaking him out and he wakes up. Not sure how to avoid that! Hopefully once the novelty of rolling over wears off he won't do it? Anyways, now if he would just go back to sleep after his 5:30 feeding so I can sleep in tomorrow Wink We actually don't have plans for the weekend, and I'm excited about it!

monk717

Hey MA! I was about to start a post too, good thing I refreshed.

RR: Hoping to do 3, P was up early again so I actually got up when I was supposed to. Went for a walk and wore P yesterday, so who knows what the legs will feel like.

NRR: Finally dawned on me that the reason P is waking up earlier is because he's been transitioning to go to bed earlier and with that he's only been eating once at night instead of twice. Even though I planned on getting up at 4:30 today I was still a little annoyed that P woke up at 4:30, lol. I guess he really wants me to work out. Last night having the kids by myself was pretty good. A actually napped and was in a good mood and not too feisty, and I was more patient, so that helped. It was so nice outside so we went for a little walk and then I was able to coordinate dinner pretty easily and get P to bed to concentrate on A. The other little girl in daycare is getting the potty training better and it seems like A is noticing the attention she's getting so maybe A is finally getting it too... seemed that way last night at least.

MA: That totally sounds like a good explanation for C's waking up more. All the new developmental things can disturb sleep for a little bit, I think that's been happening here a bit too. YAY for no weekend plans. Its always nice to have an empty weekend.

OJewel

Good morning girls!

MA- good luck with all that weekend running! I hope you can sleep in a bit tomorrow.

Monk- have a good run and I hope A continues on the potty training road!

RR- just ran 3. All I have time for since I want to get to work early to review my presentation. 9am, then it'll be over, for better or worse, lol. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 6 then 15 on Sunday. Sassy, I think you asked? I am doing the Smuttynose Rockfest marathon in hampton NH on Oct 6!

NRR- just a little nervous about my portion of the presentation. I was up late last night working on it as well. After work today I'm heading home to ny and I plan to go to bed early! This weekend I am helping put on a charity 5k so ill be up early Saturday for that, and theN I think DBFs aunt want to have a pool party / BBQ. Should be nice!

have a great Thursday!

POrun

Happy Thursday Ladies!!! (Whoot for Virtual Friday MA)!

RR: 3 miles tonight with DH. Tomorrow will be run am and swim pm.

NRR: Ready for an actual off weekend! I haven't had one of these in a long while! We need to get some yard work done, and have some visitors coming Saturday night. Other than that, no plans, and it will be great!

MA: It's nice the inlaws brought you food! I hope you get to sleep in tomorrow!

Monk: I think little kids in daycare that see others potty training and learning it quickly tend to pick it up faster. I hope A figures it out!

OJ: Great job getting the 3 miles in this morning. Good luck on your presentation! I'm sure you'll do great!

Meli: How many heat workouts do you do per week? What time do you run? I guess I just think of most every run this time of year as a heat run. Tongue

NC: Great job on the speed workouts! You're going to run a great time at your next races!!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!

gsdrunner

Morning!

MA: Glad you had a better night. I have found developments both physical and mental (the latter some parents forget about) M sleep pattern changes. Enjoy those workouts this weekend.

Monk: Hope A gets the potty training down.

OJ: Good Luck on the presentation. I am sure it will go well.

PO: The weekend is around the corner. Have a great workout.

RR: Nothing yesterday, well... we ended up doing yard work so that was a workout in itself. In the heat and humidity, but its almost done. Today, I will run even if its on the TM.

NRR: Getting the house back in order. I know PK will be great for M. Its the matter of when and balancing the change. I was knew I would go back to work its a matter of when. I dont want to push it but then again I want to work. Its hard to explain. Anyway, looks like we will be heading back up north for some time. My dad's network is down a device completely died and DH said he wold fix it and get everything back up. Oddly enough, it works out. He is going to help put a 'bandaid' over it so the network functions then in a few days we will get going. Yes, we are on a long vacation, which is great. The last 8 years has been a mix of intense work with no vacations. I think in the 8 years we when on vacation maybe 3 times. Both of your work schedule were crazy. So, its great now to have the time. Work situation is coming along its just many companies are waiting for the end of August/ begin os Sept (which is their end of year) to bring on a new employee. We aren't worried, its more too many to choose from and what will be best in the long run and where if at all to move to.

M is up gotta get moving Smile

SassySparky

RR: 5 easy miles this morning but there was nothing easy about them, haha. Three days in a row is tough but I know I'm getting stronger. Did some foam rolling, too. I also scheduled a sports massage for Satirday!

NRR: two big experiments are done and now I've got a big paper to write today and tomorrow. I want to get it done by August 2nd because we are going on vacation August 5-9. Mostly just visiting some things in nc that we want to see and stay cation too!

ma - that's a lot of running this weekend! Enjoy your weekend with no plans!

monk good job getting up! One of my coworkers potty trained his son when he was 18 months old. Yikes! I'm not ready for that yet! Good luck getting A on board for it.

Gsd enjoy all the family time!

Jewel good luck today!

Po- sounds like a nice weekend I hope you can relax!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning girls! Happy birthday eve for me!! Haha

MA, love the fact that you have no plans this weekend!!!! Enjoy your runs!

PO, yesterday I ran at 1pm, Tuesday at 520pm, today doing a lunch run again. I have to bring a towel, baby wipes, deo, and baby cologne! And I'm wearing Space Coast or Disney long sleev tecs. I don't think we are doing that triathlon because we would miss on a really long bike ride hat sunday. Ill text you later!

GSD, that's awesome that DH can help out your dad!

Monk, glad you had a great night with the kids.

jewel, good luck with your presentation.

TriR, 45 minute heat run during lunch today.we are supposed to have record breaking heat.

NtriR, T tonight after work. Then trying to figure out what to do tomorrow! I know we're going to dinner with DH and inlaws.

have a great day!!!!

SassySparky

Meli - please be careful today!

outwestrunner

Morning, ladies!

I had a post but lost it.

RR: Got in a zippy 5.

NRR: Going out for a site visit/overnight today, and I will probably be working on the car ride out there. Work work work. Ugh.

Sorry ladies, gotta run... need to get in some more work before I leave. The only way it's getting done is if I do it.

MA runner girl

I forgot that i may be meeting my HS BFF for lunch. She's in Philly, but is coming halfway home for an engagement party this weekend... but I don't mind those plans Smile

Mel - Seriously, be careful, that sounds scary! Record heat for Miami? Yikes!!

Sassy - I'm glad you stuck with the 5 days a week/3 days in a row. Even though it's tough at first, you will get stronger, and it will get easier! Good luck finishing up the paper before vacation! That is my ideal vacation week during the summer, since it's my bday week. But I have to work this year Sad

GSD - Totally understand how you feel with PS. Good luck with the decision. You certainly deserve some downtime as a family! Enjoy.

PO - Yay for no plans for you too!! Enjoy your weekend off.

Jewel - Sending you major vibes RIGHT NOW!!! I hope it's over and you are feeling much more relaxed.

Monk - If C gets up at 5:30, then I always get up. But no way do I stay up when he's up at 4:30! My bed always calls me back. Good job!

Outwest - Ugh, so much work! Good luck with the trip.

NorCal

Morning girls!

MA- It's my Friday too!!!! YAY!!!! Smile Sounds like a nice, mellow weekend, I'm sure you need it, after your busy social schedule lately and lack of sleep and going back to work. Sometimes it's so nice to have time to recharge. Sounds like you have a good amount of running planned! I love 800s! The track is so much fun, I really have been enjoying my workouts there.

Monk- Hope you got your 3 in today! Also, hoping that A gets her potty training down soon and that P sleeps in a little more!

OJ- Thinking of you today, hoping your presentation goes perfectly! Smile Also, I didn't realize you were running another full this fall. I toyed with the idea of running one in October, but just decided to stick with halfs until March. Running is going well for me and I don't want to jinx it by overdoing it!

PO- Friday for you too! Nice! Hope you have a restful weekend! I bet swimming there this time a year is awesome. We've been having a lot of humidity and everyone (me) complains so much, but then I think of you guys and how you just deal with this all of the time!

Sassy- You have tomorrow as a rest day, right? I'm sure you must be getting stronger, running 5 days/week! That's intense!

GSD- Yard work in the heat/humidity totally counts as a workout! lol. I'm sure taking this time off work for you and DH is really great for you all. And I bet M loves having him around more. I know everything with both of your jobs will all work out.

OWR- Ah, so much work!!! At least you got your 5 in, so you don't hurt anyone today! Wink lol

Meli- I agree, be careful with those heat runs! I think you're crazy! Wink But in a good way.  haha. I know you're smart about hydration, etc, also make sure to protect your skin! Is this to get you ready for IM Florida? are the temps usually high in November?

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

RR. Heading out in a few for 4-5 easy miles. Only running 3 days this week. Taking tomorrow off, and running long (15 technical, steep trail miles) on Saturday, taking Sunday off.

NRR. Just working this afternoon at acu office and then we leave tomorrow morning for our camping/trail running trip! Super excited! It's us and 2 other couples. The weather is calling for chance of rain tomorrow, and maybe thunderstorms Saturday, but hoping it doesn't amount to much! We are hiking in to camp at one lake, and then Sat running to an alpine lake (8,000 feet elevation) to spend the day, and then running to some other lakes and back to camp. should be a good, intense run!

L is staying home, and we have our pet sitter coming to feed/walk walk him twice daily. We have done this before, but I can't help but worry. I don't want him thinking we abandoned him!

xoxo

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies.

RR: 3 miles on the TM tonight

NRR: my grandma seems to have had a better day yesterday. Went to see her and she was pretty good. Smile

MA: glad dinner with the inlays was good!

Monk: hope the potty training success continues

PO: how are you feeling??

hi to everyone else!!!! I'm on my IPad and the auto correct is making me crazy!!!! Smile

SassySparky

NC - yep tomorrow is a rest day and I will not be doing squats or hiking Wink