Womens Running

Thursday Has Arrived (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Our best wishes to you all. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning Judy

21st wedding anniversary today. Not sure what we will do.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I came home and did 40 minutes of cardio DVD. I was resting a little from the hour run the day before.

A special focus for me is posture. I am trying very hard to have good upright position all through the day when standing, walking or cardio. Running posture seems ok. Abdominal support of the skeleton is so vital at my age. Older people bend over so easily!

Today will be a shorter run at the track and some cardio DVD as well.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Happy Anniversary!  Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Happy Thursday!  Slept in this morning, planning on a quick 3 after work.

Judy - I wish I had better posture, I am trying to keep shoulders back but it is so easy to slouch!

Marjorie - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Howdy!  Last night I ordered a decaf latte----they must have given me regular bc I was up and down all night.  Sad

Did 4 miles with the group.  Cut out early for a potty stop.

Judy--Yes!  I hate to see people all hunched over.  I try to stand up straight too.  You really have to think about it sometimes.

Linda--I hope you are seeing some improvement with the antibiotics.

Have a great day everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

Spending the day in a job search seminar required by unemployment if I want to keep getting my money.

Marjorie, happy anniversary!

Linda, hope you're feeling a little better today.

Hi to all! Looks like we're about to getstarted....

Karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 10.5. Now just work. Not sure what we will do for anniversary yet. But I can play with my new ipad mini keyboard. Dh got me keyboard for it and some other accessories.

Judy good for you working on posture. Bad posture, unfortunately, seems to be the norm.

Laura have a good 3

Karen that doesn't sound like fun, at all.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Going to the gym on lunch break today to meet with trainer again.  Not sure how this is going to work out...gym at least a 10 minute drive, have to change clothes at work, exercise, change back and be back to work in 1 hour.  We shall see.  Might not be feasible in the future.

Was going to run this morning, but overslept.  I have been doing that a lot lately, not sure what the deal is cause usually not a problem for me.

Linda...hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Judy, LC, Sue, Marjorie and Karen!

Karen...so exciting about Boston!  It would be so cool if we could all come watch!

Judy...I am a terrible slumper....I have to constantly remind myself to walk, sit, stand up straight!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy anniversary Marjorie and Mr. Marjorie!

Linda, hope the antibiotics are working.

Susan, ugh on the caffeine before bed. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

Karen, enjoy the seminar. Did they tell you you have to put all electronics away?

Laura, I find standing up can help keep reasonable posture at my desk.

At work all day. Choir practice this evening. I was going to run last night, even put runnign gear on, but then we started carrying stuff out for trash pickup and I never did get a run. But some junk is gone from the garage and the love seat is gone also. The living room looks so much bigger! Cats are not happy but that's too bad. And I left a couple of old folding chairs out on the curb last night at 7:30, they were gone at 4 AM. I'm sure someone is happily contemplating their new chairs that just need a good blast with the hose to be usable. Or sellable.

4 miles this morning with RN. Her DH put in her entry for Boston yesterday, now she's waiting for confirmation. She was eligible to sign up yesterday with BQ-10. Karen, when do you register, or have you?

Anonymous Guest

Surprisingly, the seminar was really good. I had my ipad and iphone to keep me busy, but didn't even pull them out. Learned a few things, and the instructor was entertaining and made it fun.

Add me in the bad posture group. My mom used to get on me all the time for slouching. I try to do better when I think about, I guess I just need to think about it more.

Ginny, how did the lunch trainer session work out? I was going to run this morning but slept in too.

Tessa, I signed up yesterday. Signed up at 10, got my confirmation at 3. I'm excited. Although now that I'm unemployed I can't reationalize spending $300-500 a night on a hotel downtown (I couldn't rationalize it before, so I really can't now), so I booked a place farther out for $112/night and will take the train in.

Storming here now. I got home, changed clothes, and saw the storms coming. Knew I wouldn't get my 7 in (they looked about a half hour away on radar), so I took the dog for his walk. We got back just as it started raining. Once this band goes through there looks to be a gap, so should be able to get out soon.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel