Womens Running

Dance IT OUT Thursdays!! (DAILIES) (Read 25 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I wish they had a dancing smiley!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Hello, I am still alive!

Lizzie - whoo hoo on your race this weekend!!  Mammel is an idiot, btw!

I have not had much to post in the way of running, just a blah week with little mojo going on.  I only did one mile M and W and managed 3 Tuesday evening.  Will run tonight since I overslept this morning, was gone all day yesterday between working and DS soccer game an hour away.  We are camping this weekend, which I am not really wanting  to do but BF really wanted to go in the Fall so I am going to suck it up.  I am hoping to have a better routine next week.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me this morning.

A little cooler out today..still awful though. Its gross and rainy but we need the rain. I just wish it was cold rain! I woke up at 2am to use the bathroom and it was POURING out. I was like UGH. But it stopped before I had to get out there and run. I didn't run with head phones and that run FLEW by. I think I was channeling some work frustrations. I dont even remember running really. LOL. Hamstring was grouchy the first few miles..and could feel it twinge every now and then but better than it was earlier this week. Hopefully the next few days of rest will help..because ..16 week training plan..DONE. Whew, toughest one I have ever done and hope it all pays off! I really want to meet my goal this Sunday, but if I don't..I will try at Richmond. I really want this goal though..I have worked my butt off!

Thanks for letting me vent yesterday about Mammel. I just need some time away from this place. And a new job..I need that too.

Sandy – No no, your yelling was needed. Glad I read that yesterday afternoon before I forced a 4 mile run. I am so freakin stubborn. Just like my father. I have tried bicycle shorts once and they keys riding UP. Like, the legs. I haven’t found any that would just stay in place. I am afraid to try something new on Sunday, too. Capri’s might have to be it..and if I am wet (dare I say, that’s what she said) I doubt I will overheat – we will see. Depends if it is going to rain the entire race or just parts or sporadic. SCORE on the lunch yesterday! Ran into a guy you used to work with huh? Hmm…is he dating material!? Oh..so my next check will have 11 hours OT on it..so I will be signing up for Fargo then. LOL Smile

Tessa – I laughed when I read your post. Spaz down. LOL. I was a complete spazz yesterday. I like your idea of channeling Mammel. I will do that! LOL at the porta potty. HAHA. Yes, see I like my shorts loose fitting. So..they would be flapping the entire time. Like I said to Sandy, depends on how much rain we are talking. LOL passing gas…who, us runners? No way… Wink

Lori – Getting into cross-training is hard! Do you belong to a gym nearby? I found that the classes keep me going back. Body Pump, Abs, Core…they have all different kinds. That way it kinda forces you to do the exercises. LOL.

Kathryn – I love that-  Douche nozzle! I miss Katie! I love her posts on Facebook.

Docket – Is Detroit a goal race?

Run4kupcakes – LOL at your mile 25 comment. So true. Agreed on the management.

HuronHeart – These darn jobs. Why can’t we win the lotto? YES very goal oriented. Sucks sometimes.

Happy Thursday!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura, I have been thinking about you!! Sorry about the lack of mojo...maybe because you are so busy! Hang in there! Try and enjoy camping this weekend! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and OTF tonight.  Ran 6 last night and the legs felt much better during and after.  The ITB and one calf are still tight but I also have a 90 minute massage scheduled for today which I hope to enjoy immensely and it will help with the residual tightness. Smile

Lizzie, nice run.  No, I don't think we had a goal race for this year, except Space Coast which is the last one for the year.  Just improving from the surgery.  I did want to break 5 hours again, but now that I reached it, no pressure to perform on the next two. Smile

Laura, enjoy the camping trip.  Hoping you get your mojo back soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday it had rained a lot but stopped in time for me to get in 50 good running minutes. I’m trying hills a little more. Going down lightly with the left foot first with it taking the brunt of my weight has helped the right knee. The knee thanks me and I am continuing the exercise squeezing the fitness ball. 

Today a run out the trail and then DC and I are going on a hike if the rain has completely cleared out. Yoga on the schedule as well for later. I’ve changed where I park for the run several days this week since it is closer to my library. A book I wanted to see has come in for me.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Howdy!  Just walked the dogs this morning. Foot was really sore yesterday so I decided to just take it easy. Sad

Turtles--ugh on the mole.  I finally got brave and made an appt with the dermatologist for a screening.

I'd better get something done!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Laura, have fun camping.  I used to go a lot but none lately.  Of course I still have nightmares about the Army "camping" I did...lol.  Nothing like being forced to go every month for a week at a time and then 2x's a year for a month total.  ick.

Lizzie, 47 this am...but creeping back up into the high 80's during the day.

62/82 with S winds at 11 mph and 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy for the Pumpkin as of today with 9 days to go.  I'm sure it'll change but I'll take this.

Lori, the XT on my training plan happens so sporadically it's almost like it's not there.  I have a hard time right now in getting motivated to do anything.  I was doing great going to the fitness center at lunch twice a week and then just stopped. Not sure what is causing this.  I went back to eating crap junk food too after doing real well.  If you figure it out let me know.

Huron, I've also very goal oriented and maybe that's the issue I'm dealing with.  I have the 50k next week and then the 25k in Dec and I may just be burned out or not have anything for next year.  I'm trying to pay off my CC before signing up for anything else and that's killing my motivation.

Good luck Damaris at Detroit.  No way I could do back to back marathons.  Have you heard from your parents lately?

Elina, thinking of you, hoping the taper is going well.

Margaret and Tessa, good lord those fires are just awful.  I hope you all are safe.

Sue there was a Nature program on last night on foxes and it showed some who live in cities and I thought of you and your foxes.  They are so cool to watch.

Good day before Friday everyone.

Seloc

Tessa - omg I cracked up at Spaz Down LOL.  Scary about the Hilton burning down but glad the grapes were spared!!

Lori - its so hard getting it all in!  I'm only cross-training 1 day/wk regularly - a TRX/Kettle Bell class.  I wish I could motivate to add one more day but that would require doubling up with running.  Since time is precious before work, it would also be best to go in the evenings but I am LAZY after work.  We just do the best we can.

Damaris - great 6mi run yesterday and sweet on the 90min massage today.  That is going to feel AWESOME.  Well, it might hurt but THEN will feel awesome haha.  Detroit this weekend?  When do you fly out?

HCK - dang, girl, productive evening for SURE.  Yep, 62* was in the house.  Hence the need to turn on the furnace haha

HH - way to sneak in 30min yesterday!  HATE when work interferes with workouts.

Laura - sorry you've been so busy!  That'll kill the mojo for sure.  Plus the cooler, darker mornings makes it HARD to get up!  Oh boy, camping.  Hope it's good weather and pretty leaves AND you get a chance to relax once you get there.

Lizzie - SUPER PROUD of you for resting yesterday!  4 mi is nothing.  And look at you killing it with 6 this morning.  You are so SO SO ready!  Now it just comes down to the day and the weather - two things you cannot control.  I did just peek at the forecast and no more rain so that's good!  Dewpoint is nice and low though now it's going to be windy.  I also looked at the course and at least you are going all different directions - looks sorta like Bis - lots of twists and turns!  I would now wear shorts - have you decided?  Man, I wish MKE was closer to me (it's 5ish hours) so I could come cheer.  You will just have to trust I will be doing so LOUDLY remotely.

5.5 easy miles for me with RB.  Heat wave!  Was 55*!  LOL  There is this cat/dog rescue place a few miles from me that I've been trying to see if I can volunteer at (inspired by Tessa!) but it's been hard to get there.  They don't keep regular hours and often close by 3pm.  On Tuesday, I saw a shared post of wish list items they needed and that they would be open until 5pm all week.  So yesterday I stopped at the grocery and bought Pedialyte and baby food (are these common items for kittens/puppies?  Thought sort of odd but whatever).  Stopped by and they were closed by 4:30.  Super bummed.  But, then looked again at the post and the person had shared a post from months ago!  Now I'll be carrying that around for a while.

OMG I'm multi-tasking as I post and listening to a conference call.  This one woman - every other word she uses is "obviously".  Blah blah blah OBVIOUSLY blah blah OBVIOUSLY.  Grrrrrrr.  Okay, better pay attention.  Almost Friday!  Woot!

ginnyb

Hi everyone,

Haven't been posting much, because like LC and Diane, I seem to lost my mojo and I have that half this weekend, now thinking again that maybe I shouldn't even try it.  Sorry to be a downer,  very emotional yesterday for some reason and it seems to have carried into today.  I feel terribly homesick and I haven't lived in my home town for 40 years!  Doesn't make any sense.  Haven't even gone to work out with trainer since Monday....blah, blah, blah.....

Lizzie....nice 6 this morning and you are going to do wonderful with the marathon!  Glad the hamstring feels a little better.

Damaris...is this the first time you have run Detroit?  I ran several halfs there and Detroit was my first marathon, ran it with Tessa.  If this is your first time I think you will really like it.

Lori...it is hard to stick with cross training.  I have stuck with it this time for over a year, but I think my trainer has a lot to do with that, I have spent so much time one on one with him that he almost feels like a son and if I don't show I feel guilty, like I am letting him down.  This week even the guilt has driven me to go though.

Tessa...your post yesterday was great!  Had me laughing out loud.  I love how you put things!

We are leaving tomorrow for Columbus, Half is Sunday.  Our good friends live down there so we are staying with them, so will have a great time regardless if I run the Half or not.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Awww, Ginny, I'm sorry you are feeling low!  Here's hoping the weekend away lifts your spirits.  I meant to comment to you earlier - DAMN YANKEES!  That is all....

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny is there a full also?  If so maybe just walk the half and enjoy the crowd support along the way.  I walked the Mother Road HM and enjoyed just getting out into the fresh air.  That's my major downfall this time of year...not enough sunlight and grey days cause me to be what they call SAD...seasonal something depression.  I grew up mostly in FL and miss the beach a lot sometimes.  Right now I'm really looking forward to my Nov drive down to visit my parents in MS as my DD and GD are going with me.  It'll be an adventure.  Plus I can drive out to the beach weather permitting as it's been a long time since DD has been to the beach and GD has never seen large expanses of water.  One day I'd like to take them to see the ocean.

I haven't exercised since Sun so I understand how you feel Ginny.  I have that huge event next week and just feel blah today but will force myself to get on that TM and get some miles in.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Thursday!  My foot still feels a little "twingy", though it doesn't hurt.  I did a short sprint yesterday while walking the dogs, had to take DD for shots after school so I walked the dogs myself.    I've been doing my strength/core, will do that tonight.  We'll see how it goes the rest of the week and if all goes well then I may try to do a short run next week!

Lizzie, I did a little happy dance this morning when I saw the rain going out of the forecast for Sunday morning!  Still a slight chance, but not like before, when it was like 80% chance of steady rain!  Low of 41 and high of 57, Lizzie weather!    Saturday looks bad.  But Monday looks awesome, of course.    You did an awesome job this training cycle.  I may have said that once or twice before.    You will get your goal!  Sorry about Mammel.  He is such a tool.  Sounds like he helped to fuel your run though.  

Laura, I was wondering about you!  So you have been keeping your streak going.  I figured.    I am not jealous about your camping this time of year.  Been there, done that.  

Damaris, enjoy that massage!  Well earned! 

Sue, sorry about the sore foot.  Glad you decided to do the screening!

Sandy, it did feel warmer this morning.  Maybe because there was no wind!  Nice if you can go and volunteer at the rescue!  I take the girls to the shelter every so often, they have a "cuddle" room where you can play with and pet some cats.  They can get their cat fix in.    I have an allergy to cats so I can't stay in there long!   During the conference call you should also use "obviously" every other word.     Yes, Mr. Math and fast co-worker are the same person.  He is multi-talented.    Funny, he still hasn't decided whether he will run the marathon this weekend or not!  He said he would decide by tonight.  I could not do that, mentally I couldn't handle not knowing if I was going to do a big race.    Cool that you ran into that co-worker!

Ginny, I hope you feel better!

Lori, congrats on the awesome run!

Tessa, my manager is actually in the UK.  We are supposed to have a call every 2 weeks, usually 10:30 am my time.

Kat, ouch on the cramp!  Hope you feel good today!

Cathy

ginnyb

This bulletin may have just made up my mind for me!  Not 100%, but getting closer.

The Columbus Marathon

<abbr>1 hr</abbr> · 

Hello 2017 Athletes,

The safety and security of our athletes, volunteers and spectators is our top priority, and we are expecting warm, humid temperatures with a possibility of a thunderstorm on Sunday.

We are in constant contact with law enforcement, fire and medical officials, along with the National Weather Service, and have specific plans in place should the weather forecast hold true.

...See More

No automatic alt text available.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey Ho All!

Lizzie, excellent on the 6.2.  I have faith you will meet and exceed your goal!!  Looks like your weather is a crap shoot.  (I stalked your weather just now.)

Hi Laura!  Hope you have a fun weekend.

Damaris, best to you this weekend and breaking 5 again!  Ugh, you have rain in the forecast too, but cooler than Chicago.

Judy, enjoy the book and hike later.

Sue, bummer about the sore foot, hope if feels better soon.

Diane, we have deer here in SA, lots.  They are all over the parks.  There is even a few that wander into my development.  They were near the mailboxes when I got home at midnight from Chicago.

Sandy, nice of you to try to help the rescue organization out.  10 days girl.  Woot Woot.  I'm more hopeful for the race.

Ginny, we all get emotional some days.  Apparently I was on Tuesday.  I got teary watching the last few minutes of The Voice.  REALLY, The Voice???  Just saw your second post - eek on the weather.  Bummer.

Cathy, hoping to your foot feeling better soon as well.

Tessa, Spaz Down, AWESOME!!

HCK, I got a new dishwasher a few months ago and it is so nice.  Slow, but damn, those are some clean dishes.  It is the little things in life!

Kathy, glad you got at least a short run in yesterday.

My toe/nail feels much better, but that is because I haven't had shoes on in 16 hours.  I'm sure by the end of the night it will be tender again.  I cut the nail back yesterday, hurt like an SOB, but it was for the best.  Hammy knot seems gone.   Much less sore yesterday, I could sit/stand without groaning.  (My coworkers found that amusing.)

Weather forecast is iffy for the race - still too far out.  One is 70 and partly sunny, one is 79 and rainy.  So stupid to stress now, but that is what I do!

Figuring out my finances - Chicago really broke the bank and MCM won't be too hot either.  I am considering not going to a few races next year depending on how much I have saved for the polar bear trip.  Also how many PTO days I have.  Still on for Antelope Canyon.  Louisiana and Bataan are up in the air.  They are fairly inexpensive races though, as they are driving distance and the hotels are cheap.  I think I would nix LA first.  I do have 7 fill in days coming up, so that will help.  They have asked me to cover a bunch more, but I don't know.  I don't really like doing it, but the extra money is sweet.

No run/walk this morning, just tired still.  MUST GO TOMORROW...

Wow, the time has flown by this morning...

Have a great day all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024