Womens Running

Frozen Fingers Friday Supermoms (Read 28 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- You might change your mind if you run with me, I fart a lot Wink  I think that's why RP and I get along so great, we don't mind farts, pee stops, and snot rockets.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

mrszackmorris

Spike/jen: must find Lambic!! Yup crispin comes in 22oz bottles! 1 and done for me! I bought the honey crisp one!

bermy: yup the sharpies skates! I should post a pic. They are pretty fantastIc.

BermyHorse

shelby - I have run 7 races in my life. Total. I am one of those runners that lives for the training - I could make a 3yr training plan and stick to it. I think ultra is poss. For  stroller12m+ I have this plan 1) go out as soon as DS wakes up and has eaten 2) pack a sh*t ton of toys and snack and rotate every mile 3) do a 4m out and back and repeat so you can re-assess at 8m.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

strollermama

oops, forgot to answer your question.  The 18/55 plan is going well so far.  It is definitely a lot of miles and it has been challenging figuring out how to fit in the miles during the week now that I am back in school.  But I am actually loving running all these miles.  I feel strong and capable.  Just hoping I don't burn out since it is an 18 week plan!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

alison - I am sure you'll be fine.  didn't you run 9 miles last weekend?

jen - here's the chicken recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/deceptively-delicious-chicken-nuggets-with-veggie-puree-257969

ernie - I got the childproof doorknob thingy the first time B destroyed TP.  re: friend..I have known him for a LONG time, we went to elementary school together when I first moved to Newmarket in 1989, lost touch after grade 8 (graduated june 92).  We were FB friends for a few years and really started talking again just over a year ago, right before he got sober.

cx2 - DH and I always say that kids are made of rubber..falls are no big deal unless the screaming doesn't stop.

bermy - I think DH would like the curry tofu.  I think all lulu stores have free yoga on Sundays and many also have the run club, but I have never gone, the runs I think are only 5K.

mrszm - I roll it out by lying face down on a medicine ball if I can't get to ART.

arm - the pretty boy comment seems a bit odd. I remember when I was about 8 and wearing a pink dress, someone asked my mom if I was a boy or a girl.

mer - yeah I see him every 1 or 2 weeks.

CA - do you worry about M being cold when she strips? I'd be terrified if B did that, our house goes down to about 15 at night.

shelby - seems like I am getting that kind of hip pain more often now (maybe once a month?) today's pain was really bad though, it was a dull gross ache that made me sick to my stomach.

spike/qotd - no, I generally stalk people on DM and approach THEM about running.  I know Sam is asked by a newbie co-worker to run and she thinks the co-worker is too slow, so she just tells the co-worker that a) we run at the ass crack of dawn or b) the distances are too long.

jmm - how far apart geographically are the 50Ks?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Bermy- You might change your mind if you run with me, I fart a lot Wink  I think that's why RP and I get along so great, we don't mind farts, pee stops, and snot rockets.

I told you about the time I went running with Sam and Beth.  Beth stepped out from a bush at the exact moment that Sam horked a loogie and I shot a snot rocket.  Classy ladies, we are.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

spike - you can fart all you like when you run with me. Better out than in. And who wants that gas pain anyway? Are they really loud or squeakers? Yesterday my coach and I compared our feet. I found a little red mark at the top of my toe and asked her to look at it. She didn't laugh (but she did really) and then she said "you should see my feet" and showed me her elite- half-mangled tootsies. Wow, they looked like fighting-feet. We had a good chuckle.

mrszm - PLEASE post a pic of the skates.

shelby - I kinda wish I had done a harder plan. But that's cos I am sat here on the coach on a rest day and life is treating me well right now. After my 3rd 20m I might not say that.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy-I would trade gnarly runner's feet for high-heel bunions any day. RP has the loud farts, mine are silent but deadlys. RP likes to yell with indignation when we run- she chewed out someone for stopping right in front of her at the half marathon this fall LOL.  I need to find a badass coach to whip me into shape!

zorbs- one of my very occasional running buddies is a 50 year old lady I "picked up" at the gym because I saw she was wearing a race tshirt. She is way faster than me and trains for FMs a lot so we haven't run together in a while. RP and I hooked up because DH used to run next to her on the treadmill at the gym and he told her that I was about the same pace as her. I think he did it out of self-preservation because she's a big talker and he's not. I've actually known her for a long time but we were just acquaintances- she started running when I was preggo so it was a pretty good match.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Marathonjen

bermy - I thought daycare was an indoor play placeSmile  LOL...that sounds like a good plan for the weekend...that...and outside in the snow.  Yes, I do think that some of it could be anger from DH not being there but he does most of the naughty things when DH is there too.

shelby/bermy - Do you ever feel like your running form is off when pushing the stroller?  I just feel uncomfortable when I am pushing it and that is why I usually choose not to...at least not for long runs.  I do love having him on shorter runs though...wish it was nicer out.

CTimesTwo

arm - i almost always put C in girly pink clothes, plus she has her ears pierced.. yesterday, 2 different women asked if she was a boy or girl.. C had on an outfit with red and pink flowers, with a pink coat and pink socks.... I know a few boy babies who are "pretty" but i wouldn't know how to respond if someone said my daughter is handsome is enough to be a boy, you know?

shelby - C is 10 months now... i don't think she's ready to walk but we're not going to hold her back if she wants to..

spike - no, no one ever wants to run with me.. except my FIL, he likes to do 5 miles a couple times a week but he doesn't live close by...

ernie  - C doesn't sound quite as adventurous as your LO yet, she only throws food and small plastic toys... yea, she still doesn't want to crawl, but she will stand while holding onto something or someone all day if we let her...

So my doc says my throat looks a little raw b/c of drainage from my sinuses... she gave me a nasal spray to try and suggested a nasal rinse.  so I went to Costco to get buy nasal rinse and ended up buying more clothes for C instead.  Oops.

BermyHorse

Jen - I find running the energy out of DS in a pretty open place the best way to cure his funks.

BermyHorse

Jen - with stroller I tend to run a little more upright (unless it's really windy or rocky/deep sandy trail) and focus on strong core, pushing out of glutes. I alternate arms unless it's heavy going/uphill when I need to use both. I spoke with my coach about that too and watch her push the stroller and she said it's great training actually and to really focus on the knee lift and drive esp up hill. On my own I work on the lean from the ankles (that natural falling feeling) which you can't really get with stroller and shoulder/hips swishing. I am sure there are fancier words to describe all that but that is where I am at right now. Shelby might have other top tips to glean! (i hope - I am always ready to learn more)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- (even though you didn't ask me) I think running with the stroller has improved my non-stroller running form. I can definitely feel it on longer runs- my arms and shoulders will be tired afterwards. My stride is shorter with a quicker turnover after so much stroller running, less knee pain and fatigue IMO.  It took a long time to get there- 4 miles used to feel really far with the stroller, but I regularly do up to 6 with it. I'm mostly just slower on uphills when pushing it.

Marathonjen

Bermy/Spike - Thanks for the perspective on running with the stroller.  I think I am a horrible runner with the stroller.  I need to focus more but I find it difficult.  I think I lean on it too much and I push it with 2 hands.  Mer pointed that out to me on a stroller run we had over the summer.  I guess I feel like I can't steer it well with only one hand.

Marathonjen

zorbs - Thanks for the recipe!!

CTimes - I hope you find relief with the nasal spray....LOL..I always buy clothes for J at Costco...whether he needs them or not.