Womens Running

Frozen Fingers Friday Supermoms (Read 28 times)

jmmiller

Bermy: You crack me up about racing. I'm the opposite. I love to race and don't really love the training.  as for the 50k training. I didn't stick to anything which I'm sure will be my down fall but the training program I was given was from the Northface website. Uphill gave it to me.  My hope is running with my friend will make it easier.  Everyone tells me that trail races like that are easier than marathons because you run slower and walk the hills (because they are so steep).  I will let you know on Feb.2 if they were right. Smile

Zorbs:  One 50K is about 55 miles south of where we live and the other one is 30 miles north of us.

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

Spike: I've had a few people ask to run together but not many.  Its hard for me to get runs in on my own I can't imagine coordinating with other people.  I'm not sure if the 50k is easier. Its the first year they've done it and there's not elevation profile.  I can only hope it is. Smile

Shelby:  I did take fenugreek and it made me smell like I was sweating molassas.  Not sure if I had gas from it.

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

strollermama

jen - I second what bermy and spike said.  One huge thing I have noticed is that when I run with the stroller, I am much more of a mid foot striker vs heel striker which is great.  I think it made me more of a mid foot striker without the stroller too.  And I also alternate the arms pretty frequently and try to keep a real light touch on the stroller, unless going up or down hill.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Shelbyjo- I was a hard heel striker too, I'm now a midfoot striker and my shoes last longer.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Spike - Do you get off work every Friday at 3? That's a nice perk! Lol, my DH also dresses the baby in ridiculous mismatching outfits. He says "It's not fair, I never had a doll to dress so I don't know how to do it". I'm like, "Uh, but you do dress yourself, right?" Most people who have asked me to run with them never actually follow through. In particular, there's this one guy in town who I see at various social events and every time he has been drinking he goes on and on about how much he wants to run with me. I did run with him for a few months back in 2011, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't run a step since then.

CAR - Yay for a fully clothed toddler! Maybe she realized it's far too cold out to be getting naked at night.

Shelby - Yep, these babies need time out of the house or they go stir crazy. I had S out at the grocery store yesterday but it was clearly not enough. Your DS must be loving all the stimulation at daycare now. I've done the same thing before, not noticing a poopy diaper. Then when I do notice I'm like "how on earth did I not smell that sooner??"

Jmmiller - Hope it's at least a warm rain for you on your run! I didn't realize you were doing a 50k next week. Very impressive!

Jen - I find that with stroller running, if it feels hard, it's because my form sucks. When you have good form it's a lot more effortless to push the stroller. The more often I run with the stroller, the better it is. Last week I ran with my stroller after not having done any stroller runs for a few weeks and my form was awful.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- I work 7:30-4:45/5 M-Th specifically so I can get off work early on Fridays. Its so handy for running and errands, or even just extra playtime with R. I made plans to run 6 miles with RP after work sans kiddo since I'm stuck with stroller runs this weekend with DH being on fire command.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

jen/spike/shelby - this might sound a bit stupid but on long stroller runs (12+) I found it super energy-saving to 'float' behind the stroller - so push it but not stay directly behind it and just use one hand, guiding with the wrist. it takes a lot of work from core but it is definitely easier and I found I made good forward progress.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I just keep one hand on the stroller and steer with that. The only time i use two hands is big hills and sharp corners. I need to adjust my front wheel again as the stroller pulls a tad to the right (started doing that after I switched from stroller wheel to bike trailer hitch)- I just push with my right had and end up compensating with a little wrist pressure. Once you get your momentum up it doesn't feel like pushing, unfortunately I live in a pretty hilly place so I have to go downtown if I want to run in the flats. I basically have the choice of long deserted inclines or traffic filled flats, so I run a pretty hilly routes because drivers are idiots.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

back for personals! Did a 4k run/walk with RP in the sunshine, it was beautiful!

RG - eek on the 4AM wakeups! Enjoy the sleep-in tomorrow till what 6am Smile

zorbs - I figure if M is cold she should have the good sense to leave her clothes on, or get under some covers! She seriously seems fairly impervious to cold.

eh - Is this your longest run ever? hope it goes/went well!

Jen - it's super icy here in places, but I don't care, I prefer to risk my life Wink M pooped in the tub more times than I can even count, I had some PTSD from it I swear... And it sounds like your toddler is completely normal from Ernie's post and Leelee's on fb. Smile

Ernie - Yikes on the crazy baby!! I hate days/ evenings alone also, I get super stir crazy!!

cx2 - That's great that it looks like one of the rentals is sold! I hope the deal goes through.

bermy - your FR sounds super yummy, I'm not a tofu person and have never ever bought it but you made me want to run out and get some!

mer - as long as you have shoes an a bra, I'm sure you can get that run in, at least those are my only absolutes.

mzm - sounds like he's over the paci - yay!

arm - that's a great option at your gym! Eek and yay to your friend who's preggo!

spike - you should see some of the things that DH sent M to the dayhome in... at least she knew that daddy was in charge of mornings and just shook her head with me. I've offered to people (my current RP, and cousin) that I'd run with the, but most are intimidated by me already being 'good' at it. RP finally took me up on it, and I'm so happy she did because we are pretty close to the same pace and have kids the same age and just love running together.

shel - meh, we've all missed poopy diapers! I took a bit of fenugreek but never noticed it giving me gas, but I'm often gassy - uh especially while running Wink

jm - bummer on the sitter! That race sounds super fun - and I totally agree on the trail race thing, I've only done one but almost everyone just walked all the hills, and that made it so much easier.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/