POST!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hope thrill is fun and not stressful.  Couldn't check in, so I have to go deal with that at the airport.  Then I am worried about an entry document to get into Spain.  Just STRESSED!

Got up at 4:15am, who me???  I will call Uber at 7am for an 11am flight.  I expect I get there closer to 8am.  Three hours, ugh.

I HATE THE TRAVELING PART OF TRAVEL!!!

I shall catch up when I am at the airport.

K

Kilmisters

The Covid test came back negative, got my email at 3am and sure checked it right away, haha. Such a relief. Spent time ensuring work stuff is done more or less and filling all the documents to received needed QR codes for Lithuania->Latvia and Latvia->Lithuania travel. 25k trail race! First race in Lithuania (birth country of my granddad)! Packed allllll the possible layers, because the weather forecast kind of says rain, but kind of doesn't, haha. So I am prepared for everything. Wouldn't worry this much if not for such distance & and I am totally planning to go easy = probably will spend quite a while on course.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ccoakley

Kats, good luck with all your travels!!!

Kilmisters, great news on the test!

I have an eye dr appt later this morning but I have a ton of sick leave so I took the whole day off.  Heading out soon for 8 mi but haven't decided yet if they'll be easy or MP.  Then an afternoon of errand running before I pick DD up from school.

Have a great day ladies!

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Seloc

Have a great trip, Kat!!  I had to LOL at hating the traveling part of travel LOL.  So true!  Wishing you a smooth journey!

Elina - WHEW on the neg test.  Exciting about the weekend trail race!

CC - sweet on the day off!  Sounds like a busy and productive one.  I honestly do not know how working parents do it.  Have a great 8!  Too funny about meeting your running stalker.  Maybe one day RB?

Margaret - welcome back!  Glad you had such a great trip.  Loved the pics!

Laura - OMG that is so scary about the car with no lights!  The best man in my sister's wedding was NOT so fortunate.  Was blindsided by same and didn't survive.  This was many years ago.  Very sad.

Liz - man, how do you function on such little sleep??  I think you are super human.  LOL you and your "humidity".  I was thinking of you the last couple weeks because it was "warm and humid" (think 65*/dewpoints in the low 60*s) and I was LOVING it.  Thinking you would have been HATING it LOL.  Now it's freakin cold.  59* / dewpoint under 40*.  And dark.  So, I'm procrastinating.  Miss Lily is happy to be snuggled up on the blanket next to me while I work.

Lisa - I've been following Shalane from the start.  She crushed Boston after running Chicago the day before.  I also follow Des pretty closely.  I know she's been battling some fatigue so did not have a stellar Boston.  But, she's also running NY.  Nice job with all the miles!  Mary Kay over Zoom sounds awful IMO, LOL

Sue - yikes on the dogs.  Hope the knee behaves!

Hi HCK and Damaris

Cathy - wow, sounds like a busy trip!  Good thing you were there for TF.  And, still crushing the training!  One more 20 for you?

Okay - taking a break from this work thing.  At least I don't have a meeting until 3pm.  Better get dressed and get the pupper walked.  Run, TBD.  It's cold and windy.  For me.  Most of you would be loving it 

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Back to summer weather for a few more days, boo. I have 8 with 4 @ MP which I'll do on the Nordictrack and Pilates.

Kat, have loads of fun!

Elina, glad the test was negative.

CC, good luck at the eye doctor.

Sandy, at least only one meeting today. Nice! Enjoy your run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Spin class was spin class. Knee is kinda bothering me...NOT GOOD!!! We leave for our Natchez Trace cycling trip Saturday. Knee better behave!!  IDK if I talked about specifics, but 5 of us are riding, DH will be our driver/sherpa. Saturday we drive to Nashville, begin Sunday for an 8 day 442 mile bike trip. Ends in Natchez, MS. Drive home Sunday afternoon. Each night we will stop at a different town. Hotels are all booked, DH has planned out our food tour lol. I have got to get serious about packing!!!!

Elina, glad your test was negative.

Kat--have a great trip!!

HI Damaris, CC, Sandy, LIz, and all you other great gals!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me! I was planning on a 45 minute leg workout but, ugh, baby was up at midnight and then up again from 3:45am-5am so I slept in until 7. I did manage a 30 minute EMOM workout that kicked my butt. Hoping to get some ab work in later. Sleeping was priority for me this morning. SO. EXHAUSTED. I can't wait for this regression to ENDDD. I mean, it is going to end, right? LOL.

Long run is 11 miles this weekend. Going to be humid but looks like rain as well. I am OK with the rain if its humid!

Its been a busy morning. I haven't even showered....

Margaret – Hope you are feeling better today and slept better last night! Making coffee is productive you know.

Docket – Hope your booty is feeling better 😊. May can be warm for RVA. Have a great 8 later! Summer is here, too. YUCK.

Laura – SCORE on your co-worker doing the pictures. I am sure that is much cheaper 😊

CC – Well, you know me, I am SUPER excited about the cold weather. We planned a pumpkin patch trip for Sunday to celebrate 😊. Have a great run today and good luck at the eye appointment!

Cathy – Wow, sounds like a whirlwind trip! Laughing about TF’s room situation. Was this at a well known hotel or was it a Boston local hotel? I don’t think I have ever stayed in a room that tiny! TF did FANTASTIC!! Especially for just having run a marathon a few weeks ago. Have I mentioned that he is superhuman? Maybe next time you go YOU will be running it? 😊

Lisa – Hope you had fun at dinner! I bet it was nice to finally meet in person! Completely agree with your DD – it seems every stage causes a sleep regression. I don’t know if this is a stage yet..I feel like there would be some sort of progress in rolling over, etc, which she hasn’t done yet! She is trying SO HARD to roll and sit up. Just hasn’t happened all the way yet!

Kathryn – Completely understand your stress!! Just think of the end result!!

Kilmisters – Congrats on the negative COVID test! Woohoo for the race!

Sandy – Well, you know we could switch temps/weather right now and I would be perfectly happy! I don’t mind the dewpoints when they are in the 60’s..it honestly still feels like relief compared to what we deal with in August. Have a good walk with Ms Lily! How is Leo doing? OMG on the best man at your sisters wedding. That is so sad! I am not sure how I function on little sleep, either. I think you just power through. What choice do I have? LOL.

Susan – Wow, the weekend ride is going to be so fun!! Hopefully that knee behaves!

Have a great day!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

3.2 for me, another cloudy and gloomy day.

Kat - safe and easy travels for you..I completely agree, I hate the logistics of travelling!

Elina - yeah that the test was negative!  Have a great race!

CC - enjoy the day off (after the appointment lol)!

Sandy - I know, it really scared me, I am being extra cautious now.  And, I know this is judgemental but all I could think was if this guy hit me, he would probably then turn on his lights and blame me.  Which, maybe legally it is the pedestrian's fault but put your lights on, he had a junky old truck and was probably half asleep!  Super sad about your sister's friend.  I also remember reading about an elite female runner who ran in front of a car by accident and survived but is very impaired from a TBI - I can't think of her name though I followed it for awhile, it's probably been 8 years or so.  I am loving Shalane right now, how cool!  For Des, I kind of think she may be planning on starting a family, I saw a post on IG where she mentioned future kids.  We'll see....

Damaris - have a great run and workout!

Sue - that sounds like a fun weekend, I hope the knee starts behaving!

Lizzie - lack of sleep is soooo hard.  I think back and I have no idea how I survived it.  It's worse when they do sleep well and then there is an issue (sickness, etc) and you're like, whaattt?? Zombie life for sure.  Yes, it's only costing me a case of Angry Orchard for the pics lol!

Okay I guess I better at least pretend I am working ha ha.  Going to catch a Q & A regarding health insurance changes for 2022, ugh, that's usually not good news

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Guess no catch up, too agitated/anxious.  Got checked in just fine and am ungodly early.  Mexican breakfast with a Bloody Mary, shocker!!!

Elina, wahoo on the COVID test.  I know the feeling getting ready to leave and anxiously awaiting them.  Feel better.  Have fun when you go to Lithuania.

CC, enjoy your day off!!!

Sandy, enjoy your break!  Hope Miss Lily enjoys her walk.

Damaris, bummer about summer weather.  I know how much you dislike it!

Sue, over 400 miles!  Wow.  Have a wonderful time. Makes my butt hurt thinking about it.

Lizzie, sorry about the sleep, that is hard.  Isadora is still struggling at times and her girl is a bit over a year.

I need a NAP.  I think my first and second flight are on the same plane, which is kinda nice I think.  But I have different seat assignments?  Who knows.  It says the same gate, maybe they'll switch planes in the 90 min layover??  Who the heck knows.  That one is the least of my worries.  My biggest worry is getting into Spain, hoping I did their entry requirement correctly.  ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS nervous flying, especially internationally.  Just who I am.  I take after my mom.  Nervous Nelly.

Nursing my Bloody Mary, it is a double.

K

Half Crazy K 2.0

Another super sluggish run last and strength training this morning. Going to go into the office after lunch to take care of some things (mostly printing & scanning docs that I can't do from home). I have the day off tomorrow, whew.

KatS, safe travels. Hopefully everything goes as scheduled with your flights. Enjoy your trip!

Kilmisters, good news on the negative test. Enjoy your trip & race!

ccoakely, I feel so guilty if I take the full day for appointment, but I have the max amount of sick time. Plus, working from home this stuff takes even less time because most of them are less than 10 minutes away vs. needing 45 minutes to make sure I get there on time from work.

Seloc, I'd welcome code since it has been so humid here, but wind, I'll pass.

Lizzie, is your long run Saturday or Sunday? We're supposed to have a strong cold front come through Saturday afternoon and drop from 80s to 60s.

Docket, I really hope this is the end of sumemr like weather.

CrazySue, hope the knee behaves for your trip.

Lizzie, prioritizing sleep for you is smart!

LCRuns, almost every car vs pedestrian or cyclist accident here winds up being the fault of the ped or biker. It's rare the driver is at fault, which is so frustrating. Thanks for the reminder I need to see what I pay currently for my health insurance. There were some changes made to ours for 2022 and I keep forgettting to check. Not like it really matter, gotta have it and I'd rather have my PPO plan than DH's high deductible.

Anonymous Guest

I am just trying to survive the next couple weeks until the house is done, so I apologize in advance for my lack of personals. Taking one more rest day here, not really sore anymore, just don’t feel like running yet. Today we move trailer parks to the one three miles from our house (we’re currently 20-30 minutes north of there). We have a two-week reservation and hopefully that’s enough.

Kathryn, I hope your travel is uneventful. Have so much fun!

Susan,that sounds like a fun bike trip.Enjoy next week and hope you have good weather. Awesome of DH to be support.

Hi to all. I hate typing on my iPad, may have to pull my laptop out at the next place. 

Question for all: does anyone have a copy of the Pfitz Advanced Marathoning book? I am feeling like a change and am thinking about either his 12/55 or 12/70 plan, but my book is in storage and we’re just over 13 weeks out. If anyone has the book, could you take a picture of those 12 week plans and send to me? Probably just need the first month or so until I can get my book.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Question for all: does anyone have a copy of the Pfitz Advanced Marathoning book? I am feeling like a change and am thinking about either his 12/55 or 12/70 plan, but my book is in storage and we’re just over 13 weeks out. If anyone has the book, could you take a picture of those 12 week plans and send to me? Probably just need the first month or so until I can get my book.

I have it and can send it to you.

Docket_Rocket

I am just trying to survive the next couple weeks until the house is done, so I apologize in advance for my lack of personals. Taking one more rest day here, not really sore anymore, just don’t feel like running yet. Today we move trailer parks to the one three miles from our house (we’re currently 20-30 minutes north of there). We have a two-week reservation and hopefully that’s enough.

Kathryn, I hope your travel is uneventful. Have so much fun!

Susan,that sounds like a fun bike trip.Enjoy next week and hope you have good weather. Awesome of DH to be support.

Hi to all. I hate typing on my iPad, may have to pull my laptop out at the next place. 

I have his book! So, 12 week plans for both of those? I'm on it. Sending you pics via Messenger.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

8 easy miles this morning, "recovery" for the 4x2 miles at tempo that I did yesterday... snort...  I actually had 10 miles on the plan but that seemed excessive.    Still warmish in the morning here, 60 today.  The weather has been rainy, windy, and dreary lately.  I need some sun!

Kat, hopefully the travel is uneventful!  Sorry about the stress.

Elina, glad the test came back negative!  That is exciting about your first race in Lithuania!

CC, enjoy the day off!  That is cool about meeting your "stalker".

Sandy, still in the 60's here, though it's really dreary.  I think we will have a high in the 50's the next few days, heading into the weekend.  I can still wear a tank/shorts to run... went out like that yesterday and a woman was running in capri's and a jacket.  Dude, it was in the 50's!    No more 20's!  I have 13.1 at marathon pace this weekend and a 16 miler next weekend.  But still another tempo next week, this plan doesn't let up on those.

Damaris, good luck with the workout!

Sue, hope the knee is ok for the trip!  That sounds like a nice trip.

Liz, sorry about the lack of sleep.  Yes, it will end.    Unfortunately, it's not a straight line...  11 miles!  Woo-hoo!  Great to see you doing those longer runs again.  I think the Boston Park Plaza is a well-known hotel... definitely the smallest hotel room that I've seen, though I stayed in one in Chicago that was also small and $$$ for the Chicago Marathon.  But this was just ridiculously small, no room to put clothes!  Yeah, TF is pretty superhuman... he's already qualified for Boston again, his qualifying time is 3:35, so yeah, he made it by more than 30 minutes...at Duluth earlier this year, and BQ2 in April, as well as London and Boston.  I don't know if he's planning on running Boston next spring, he doesn't really have plans for next year yet.  He also turns 60 next year and his qualifying standard will go to 3:50.  Ha.

Laura, nice 3.2!  I am not liking the dreary weather in combination with getting light so late now.  Hopefully the news is not all bad for the health care!

Kupcakes, nice that it's virtual Friday for you!

Karen, enjoy the rest!  Must be fun being a nomad.    Wait, aren't you a coach?    I also have the book, but it looks like you're covered!

Lisa, I was a bit surprised to see your tempo run!  

Cathy