Womens Running

Found an Answer Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Neck cold at work.

Heat not turned on.

Old "dickies" in varied colors found in chest of drawers.

Great old answer to current problem.

Neck snug.

Forgive the funny verse.

Thursday was my best 35 minute run this week. It took forever to get back my energy after the blood test and the flu shot. Age makes getting better slllooooowwwwwer.

Today will be a track run if the storms are not too bad. If there is weather trouble, I go directly home. Being able to park in the garage is really great when the weather is awful. I can unpack all sorts of stuff from trunk, etc. without getting wet while coming into building.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

TGIF!!!  Had a good swim this morning.  That is about all the excitement here.

Karen--glad Jake's surgery went well.  Damaris--hope your kitty is better soon.

Have a great weekend!!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, glad your neck is feeling snugglier. You might also look at those infinity scarves -- they are comfy if your neck gets cold.

Damaris, a colonoscopy on a cat? The mind boggles. I presume that would be done under a general because I can't see any self respecting moggy holding still for that. The look of outrage when the cat's temperature is taken is bad enough.

Susan, glad you had a good swim. It is swimming weather here, too bad so many of the pools already closed for the season. 104-106 is the forecast for tomorrow. Ugh! Not a good day for a long run unless I start very, very early. And I'm sorry for the people who are going to be fasting. I could probably do the food (though I'd be grumpy) but not having any water or fluids for 24 hours under those conditions would be very difficult.

Karen, glad Jake made it through all right, good luck keeping that goofball quiet in the few hours a day he's awake. And thanks for planning for next weekend! Really looking forward to this.

3.6 or so this morning (might've been 3.7) and I will go to the gym at lunch. They are having a pink fundraiser which involves hot pink T shirts saying "Press To The Chest" on all the staff and being sold to the members. I have one and may knock people's eyes out at some point by pairing it with bright orange shorts and raspberry Nikes. Or I might drag out the shirt I wore as a member of a support team for a friend who was doing a BC walk after her own treatment and recovery. She was a little taken aback at first by the sight of a group of people wearing shirts that said "Terri's Tit(an)s". Her oncologist, OTOH, howled with laughter and requested a shirt of her own.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

DH is taking the work from home shift today so he can pick up Jake at 1. They called again this morning, said he's doing fine but has a funny bark. Since this is not his normal place, I'll wait and see if it's indeed a funny bark or if it's "normal for Jake, funny for normal dogs". I am headed out to grab some lunch, then will work a bit more, then massage at 2:30, work a bit more, then home. Not a bad Friday in the office.

Does anybody want my Garmin 110? It still works fine, occasionally you have to unplug and plug in again to sync to the computer (works the first time probably 9 out of 10 times), and the battery life is now probably 3-4 hours as opposed to 5+ when I first got it. I impulse bought a 220 when I got my raise. I love it, love it, love it. I still will use my 310xt for ultras (220 is supposed to have a 10 hour battery life, so anything over 50k I'd probably go with the 310xt) and for multi sport stuff, but I don't really need the 110 anymore. If you want it, let me know, then PM me your address and I'll send it out.

Damaris, hope it's "nothing" with your kitty. I'm not going to try picturing a colonoscopy for a cat......I still refuse to picture it for myself and I've had one.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I mean, it's morning where Tessa is, no?  I did my Pilates and 10 with 6 at MP last night, first in severe storms, then in 98F.  Florida!  Pilates and 6 tonight.  First (and maybe only) time doing Pilates three times a week due to the missed class from last week.

Update on Sammy: it's most likely nothing and she has not pooped with blood since I last saw it.  So, vet says that so long as it's sporadic, we are OK. She said if it's a polyp or cancer or whatever it is (could be good or bad) it will not go away but it will intensify in frequency.  Since the last time I saw her doing that was a month prior, I think she is OK.  But after two dead kitties with weird illnesses I tend to fret and worry.

Judy, hope the storms are not bad and that you can run.

Sue, nice swim.

Tessa, LOL. She was explaining that dogs are easy to colonoscopy but cats nope.  So, she would not recommend it unless it's a problem.  Poor girl!  Nice run!

Karen, hope the funny bark is the "I want to go home, damn it" bark.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me earlier

Lisa hope you got home

Judy stay warm!

Karen our Hammy has a funny bark. It definitely is not Basset sounding. And, it is higher pitched but that is just how he is.  Hope Jake recovers quickly

D glad Sammy will be ok

Tessa our neighborhood pool is closed for repairs but just for a few days. It never officially closes but since it isn't heated no one wants to swim in it in Nov to Feb

Marjorie

ginnyb

Damaris....hope your kitty is okay....darn animals take over our lives.

karen....glad Jake is recovering.

Judy...infinity scarves are great for keeping necks warm!

Tessa.....your choice of outfit sounds appropriate for the occasion!

Sue....nice swim....you have a good weekend too.

Tomorrow morning DD, DG and I are doing that 5K, wish us luck!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

For future reference, when your totally zen skateboarder dude massage therapist says "so yeah, this is probably not going to feel so great", be prepared to break out into a cold sweat from the pain. 20 minutes on my foot and calf, and about 10 in, I was wishing they let you book for even shorter than 20 minutes, because I wanted off that table! After that, I'm taking a rest day - running after what he just did to my calf would be stupid.

Ginny, good luck on the 5K to all of you! So cool you are all doing it. The last time I went back to my home town to run the half, I tried to get my mom to at least walk the 5K (that lady can walk fast, too). After the race she stuck around with me for the awards, and I pointed out that there were no women in the 70s age group in the 5K, the 10K or the half, so she could have won her age group as well. I might have her convinced to walk it next year.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Did make it home.. midnight last night.  Even on an expense account I don't like that sort of travel.

Karen-your massage sounds worse than my travel... and you had to pay for it. 3-4 hour battery life would be too much pressure for me to handle.  Although I guess my phone is about that.  LOL

Ginny- have fun tomorrow!

Marjorie-nice run.

Damaris-nice run in poor weather, hope Sammy is okay.

Tessa-nice outfit.

Sue-have a good weekend too!

Judy-warm neck is good to have.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, glad you made it home.

Damaris, I can see that doing a colonoscopy on a cat would be difficult. Especially the prep. (No I do not even want to think about the litter box that would result from feeding a cat the pre-scope drink.)

Marjorie, funny how animals can have such distinctive voices. Fernanda's an alto, Ed a high soprano, and Gwennie is still a kitten but I think she's going to settle into a mezzo.

Ginny, good luck to the three generations of strong women runners!

Karen, hope the "funny bark" for Jake is normal for him and just weird for someone who doesn't know him.

7.03 on the TM at lunch.

Carol-can't wait to hear about your little run.

Lisa