Womens Running

Flitting About on Friday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I must flit about doing work and errands today. Big grin

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was 35 minutes on the track for a run. The sick friend is better so I am trying to catch up. The allergy is acting up yet again. I am doing more self testing this weekend before I go back to the doctor.

Grocery then cardio DVD when I get home today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy -  Can just imagine you "flitting" about with your self descrobed rodent legs.Big grin

Marjorie - Ugh, on your Dad update...I was just wondering how things were going.

Did a fun "speed" workout last night with RB.

Hope to BBL for more personals as they roll in Smile

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning and TGIF.

5 morning miles, nice temps out there.  Went to the Fusion class last night, kicked my butt again lol!

Judy - glad your friend is better

Carol - are you doing the Crim this year?  I will be there, I think this is my 7th year.

TGIF!!!  So excited to go to Shreveport tomorrow.  The fabulous "crew" truck is in the shop for a new water pump or radiator....hope it is good to go this afternoon, otherwise we will have to take two cars.... I don't really want to drive and I don't have a bike rack or hitch for a rack, so we would have to gently lay two bikes in the back of my little SUV, and I am a selfish pest who was looking forward to some power knitting and good conversation this weekend.  It will all work out.

Swam this morning.  Wow!  5 other swimmers in the pool.  Usually it is just me at that early hour.

So we have a trial of DOGTV on Direct TV this weekend.  Last night was infomercial for pet parents explaining the dog friendly programming.  I left it on this morning.  "Relaxation" looked like purple ink flowing gently in water with soothing music.   The pups are probably wondering where Kelly Ripa and Micheal are!

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan -- DogTV? Yeesh. After the fre trial how much do they want to soak you for each month so the dogs can watch inkblots dissolve?

Hope the truck is fixed.

Karen, glad they straightened out the issue with the race. Even if the woman listed as masters winner isn't giving up her false place.

Judy, good luck with getting to the bottom of the allergies.

Marjorie, I am sorry on what is happening with your dad. Agreed, he should have offered to take his grandsons before taking his stepgrandsons. Would it be that much more to get tickets for all four boys?

Lisa, great that you are not noticing your knee! And thanks for the giggle with the book covers.

Carol, what was the speed workout?

Laura, when is the Crim? Do they have anything special for multiple times returnees?

10.5 yesterday. Worked from home. DH was tired and really didn't want to go to the doctor, but I insisted. We don't havea handicapped placard so I had to park in a regular space (no bench out front at this office) and he had to walk about 100 yards to the doctor's office, using a walker. Very slow. We got there and he had a coughing fit. The doctor (endocrinologist) took one look at him and they put him in a wheelchair, brought him out to the van, and told me "it's faster to drive him to the ER and we'll call and let them know you're coming." Over DH's protests of "I want to go home, I don't want to go to the ER" I took him.

Pneumonia. Start of bedsores (which was predictable). And CHF acting up. They tested levels of something called B-natriuretic peptide, which is an enzyme produced by a straining heart and which in normal people would be between 0 and 150. DH's level was 33,000. That is not a typo.

I just called and he's resting. Did 3.6 this morning, then hauled as much stuff as possible out of my car. I am at work, then going to the hospital, then to the airport to pick up Sis and also our priest and her partner who are getting back from vacation and happen to be landing a few minutes after Sis. Then home for a few hours sleep and we leave for a race on the Shadow of the Giants course at 3:15 A.M.

ginnyb

Oh Tessa.......that's about all I have for you.  Take care.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Friday

12.5 for me

DH went to run early this am and when he got back there was a dead armadillo in the road in front of our house so he had to dig up the flower garden to get it out of the road.  Yuck.

Judy hope you get some answers on the allergies.

Carol, thanks.  It is tough but it is his life.  I just hate seeing what is happening that he is refusing to see.

Laura when do the kids go back to school?

Sue we have that trial too.  Not sure mine will watch it.  They glance at the TV sometimes but, for the most part, ignore it.

Tessa, nope it wouldn't be that much more to get 3 more tickets.  And since it isn't a pro game it isn't that expensive etc.  They aren't even close to big 10 so it is just odd.  I'm trying to let it go but it just puzzles me.

OMG Tessa, also that is just so terrible.  Will send more prayers.  I cannot imagine all the strain you are going through.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh Tessa, I'm so sorry. Sending virtual support - wish I could do more.

Susan, I saw a thing on the news about the dog TV. Interesting. I have learned being home that mine pretty much just sleeps all day.

HI to all. Just 3.5 this morning easy, driving to Tennessee tomorrow for Sunday's marathon.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Good luck on Sunday's race, Karen.

Marjorie, am I missing something but if there is a dead anything in the road (other than a human) wouldn't you call animal control to come remove the carcass? Why dig up the flower bed?

Thanks Ginny.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa they wouldn't come until very late or Monday. By then it would stink, be spread all over the road and vultures everywhere. Getting the to come get the dead dear in another section of our neighborhood that was in the street was near impossible.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Sue - have fun in Shreveport!

Tessa - so sorry about DH, hang in there.  The Crim is 8/24.  They do have a special start for the people who have done it every year (30 something), so I have a ways to go lol

Hi Ginny!

Marjorie - ugh on the dead animal.  Kids go back September 3rd I think (Tuesday after Labor Day), it's a state law now that they can't start  until after Labor Day.

Karen - safe travels and good luck on Sunday!!

Having pizza for dinner with kids then heading to Band Camp to p/u DD #1 and watch them perform what they learned this week.  Can't believe football games and marching band starts end of the month, yikes!

Still waiting to hear on the job. They did call my references this week, so that's a good sign.  I know they were doing more interviews today.  Should hear next week about a 2nd interview.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies.  Quick post, as it's almost midnight on a busy day.  SRD for me.

Tessa, so sorry you're dealing with all of this.  Lots of hugs and positive vibes.  Stay strong!

Damaris