Womens Running

Keeping toasty Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5-6K outside.  Right now it is -22C with a windchill of -34C.  I want to run outside as a personal challenge and I know I can do this!  It seems like a waste to run just 5K after putting on so many layers of clothing.

TR - had an accident yesterday.  When I told him he should pee in the potty instead, he replied guiltily, "I run, pee come out."

TR#2 - you're familiar with the Picard facepalm? I was trying to take a picture of Sophie hanging out on his shoulder and caught this instead: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zorbs/11808546214/

FR - crockpot chili.  I have leftover mapo tofu (nice and spicy) and hot tea ready for when I get back from running.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- love the face palm photo.  i find as long as I cover my face and my hands and ears are warm to start I'm ok for cold weather runnibg.  im going to go google this dead bug excersize from yesterday.

Rg/ca- hope the LOs are all better!

Ernie-  what do you get in a winter csa box?  Is it all root veggies or do they have a green house ?  I miss the farmers market.  My aunt makes pickled carrots and green beens.  I hate the texture,  I feel like they shouldn't be crunchy.  Not raw crunchy at least.   Maybe it's just her recipe.

~~~~~~

rr/Er- need to get out there.  Yesterday's thaw has made such a mess.  I'm a bit nervous about going out, in sure the salt trucks have been out, but just getting down the driveway is a challenge.  Got up to go to the 6am yoga class, but decided to go back to bed.  I probably should have sucked it up.  Maybe I'll go tonight.

Br-  can reach the bathroom counter & dinning room table.... Uhoh!  Still not sleeping very much.

Nrr- I had a meal plan when I got groceries,  I have totally blanked on what it was and can't find the paper.

Qotd: anyone have a dog that wears boots?  I know, I know, but she has wimpy feet.  We got Muttluks, and they tub her raw where the velcro does up.  I'm not sure how to prevent it.  Anyone familiar with these boots? in these temps (-28) her feet freeze without them. But having raw paws is not really a better alternative in my books.

Fewf, what a novel.

runnergirl9508

RR: it's -5 with a windchill of -35 right now. Debating on a short run outside or heading up to the gym for some DM miles. I can't wait for the warmer temps this weekend.

TR: no fever last night when he went to bed, so no meds. Fingers crossed he's better today. He woke up whining a couple of time during the night.

NRR: DH fell asleep on the couch last night, so I had the bed all to myself, and slept awesome.

Zorbs: haha about B's facepalm! Have a good run today. I don't have anything to wear over my face, as I typically hate anything over my mouth/nose, hence my debate on in/out.

Kant: glad it's warming a bit for you! Hope you can get out for a good run today. How old is your LO?  Our dog runs out, does her business and ccome back in the house so fast when it's cold. We probably wouldn't even have time to put boots on her, lol

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - spinning on a bike at lunch... foam roll after.  My pelvis or back or something is tight, I can't figure if it's out or just tight, once I get moving around during the day it feels fine but first thing in the morning it feels like something is pinching.

TR - was up at 5:00 when I got up, told her it was night and to go back to sleep, hopefully she did for DH's sake!

BR - a boy was leaving the dayhome when I got there, obviously sick, dayhome lady said he had been puking and had a high fever, O had a bit of a fever when we first got home (99 ish) but then by bedtime it was gone and she seemed fine.  Hopefully she's ok today, DH has a meeting he has to be at so I'd have to go home if she wakes up sick.  There is a lot of people with the flu and H1N1 around here, hopefully our house stays healthy!!

FR - turkey pot pie.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - nice job getting out there today!  Yes, sometimes I'll pick the TM just because using an entire load of laundry for a 5k seems crazy.  This past weekend I recycled my clothes between Saturday and Sunday's runs to make it worthwhile.

Kant - Do you run on bike paths or on neighborhood sidewalks?  I avoid running in the neighborhood during the winter because the snow/ice/unshovelled mess is a pain, our bike paths stay in pretty good shape though.  We had boots for our dog when he was younger, maybe that brand... I also just had some cheap fleece ones.  Could you put on a baby sock under the boot so that there was something between the velcro and her leg?

RG - without a face mask, I'd be at the gym.  The one I have is available on amazon if you want something to have on hand.  I love sleeping alone!  http://www.amazon.com/Seirus-Innovation-Neofleece-Comfort-Masque/dp/B0018BJSTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389102663&sr=8-1&keywords=Seirus+Neofleece+Comfort+Mask+%28Unisex%29

Kantkatchme

Rg- A will be 1 on Thursday. Omg!

having the whole bed is te best!  Glad Ds was fever free last night.  It's -17 again (-25 w wind), but supposed to warm up on the weekend.  I would rather it stay cold then thaw and flash freeze.  I have to shoo the dog out when it's this cold.  She will hold it for hours if I don't make her go Out.  We only use the boots for walks or runs.  She goes a bit crazy without enough excersize.

ca-I hope O stays healthy! And the rest you!  my friend just flew back to Calgary on Sunday an was wishing he didn't have to because of all the h1n1.  I hope you can work out whatever is tight.  I need to get a foam roaller.   The dog Distroyed the last one.

Off to a play date.  she looks like death, hopefully she will nap this morning.

Kantkatchme

Ca- I run on the road.  The neighborhood I live in doesn't have sidewalks and our streets dont get plowed very often, the bike paths near me aren't plowed in winter.  By now I'm sure the roads will be well salted.  The roads are narrow with snow banks so I don't like to take the stroller, plus trying to push it in the snow is way more work then I want to do.

we tried baby socks, they bunch up at the toe.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

kant - the deadbug is different from the usual method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mEC_d4GJaI I had handwarmers and 2 pairs of gloves, also an earwarmer underneath the balaclava.  Lastly I warm my shoes in front of the vent before I head out.

rg - DH used to have this balaclava with a large face hole, I scoured the house looking for it but couldn't find it.  The one I bought can be worn with the mouth exposed (which I did for the most part) but really it's supposed to go over the mouth, which I didn't mind except for my nose running like crazy...like stop every 2 minutes to blow snot rockets kind of runny.

CA - yesterday i chose the TM because I didn't feel like dragging all the gear to work and today I wanted to go outside a) just to see if I could handle it and b) I won't TM 2 days in a row. how are your abs from the deadbugs?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yeah that's why I ran outside both weekend days last week, I had already TM'ed twice last week and that's my limit.  Abs aren't sore at all, I'll have to rewatch the video to make sure I did it right.  Maybe my abs are stronger than I thought - I have been TRX'ing at least once a week.

moxieluvah

zorbs - cute pic of B! Brr, it's cold here too -40F. Great job getting out there!

Kant - we used to have a lab and we never put anything on her feet but I always wondered if there was anything that would stay on and work for her.

RG - bed to self = awesome! I wish we would have gotten a king when we bought our bed, but we got a queen. I love when we stay in hotels and get a king size bed, so nice to have space!

CA - hope O doesn't get sick, it seems like there is a lot of illness going around here too. DS has been waking early and we go in and tell him it's still time to sleep, most days it works.

-----

RR - 4 on TM

NRR - second day off school because of cold -40, sent the kids to the sitter today since we have to pay for it anyways. At school now getting a few things done and then will head home to some peace and quiet!

KR - so sweet, yesterday insisted on throwing me a "bump bump bump" party, no idea where she got the name but had me make a list of the things she wanted to do for me since I am a good mom, the list included reading a book, hugging, rocking in the chair, etc.

TR - getting his haircut tonight with DH, his hair gets out of control when it is too long

FR - leftover hawaiian meatballs and rice

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Think I'll take R for a stroller run around the neighborhood. If I run all the cul-de-sacs I can get about 2 miles, more if I cross the big road and run by EMRP's house- not sure what the dog situation is over there though.

TR: I've had to wake him up to take him to daycare the last 2 days. I hope he's not starving to death since he's only been getting one breakfast. Smile  He stepped on my scale the other day and it said almost 30 lbs, I think he was only 27 the last time I weighed him.

FR: Last night was sauteed chicken, mushroom risotto and roasted asparagus. Will do the roasted turkey breast I posted about yesterday today since it should be fully thawed by now.

NRR: Taking Friday off for no reason, just going to hang out with DH. He suggested we go to the gym and lift together. He's been on me about that a lot lately, and he's right. I'm just intimidated by the equipment at the gym and I don't know what I'm doing. I would hire a trainer, but I would also need to hire a babysitter to ST on a regular basis because there's no childcare at the gym Sad  I might see if EMRP wants to start lifting with me on certain days and we can recruit her kids to entertain R in the member lounge or something.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- lol at the facepalm. I'm amazed that DH and R like tofu. My mom owned a health food store and even she won't eat it. It has to be done right though!

Kant- Hmmm, my dog has never worn booties, but she is super weird about her feet and won't let the groomer touch them, so I never bothered with trying. I just avoid taking her out if its too icy and will cut up her feet (they don't use salt where I am, they use this grody calcium spray).

Rg- I have been sleeping so good since we got our new bed. King beds are like sleeping alone every night. Amazing. Hope R stays fever free today.

CA- My SI is a little inflamed again, need to visit the chiro and get it tamed. Uh oh, hope you guys don't get the bug!

Moxie- that's cute about your DD. Smile  Are you watching the new season of Dexter that just went on Netflix that has Julia Stiles in it?  I had to make DH go to bed last night, he wanted to stay up and keep watching.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

moxieluvah

spike - love Julia Stiles! We just finished that season and started 6 yesterday. We have been staying up too late as well. It is addicting and makes for some crazy dreams at night!

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - love Julia Stiles! We just finished that season and started 6 yesterday. We have been staying up too late as well. It is addicting and makes for some crazy dreams at night!

I am terrified of paranormal ghost or alien movies/shows but I can sleep soundly after watching serial killer shows all night. How dumb is that?

runnergirl9508

RR2: ended up going outside for 5 miles this morning, and so glad that I did. It was sunny and I was layered perfectly for it. I need to look into getting a buff/ face mask that doesn't cover my nose and mouth though. I just cant stand to breathe that hot air back in- it makes me hyperventilate!

CA- I hope that your pelvis/lower back is ok. have you had sciatic issues in the past? I know my lower back gets grumpy if I have run on snowy surfaces 3-4days in a row. Ugh on the early wake-up. Oh no- hope that O doesn't catch what's going around. if you've been doing a TRX, then I bet your core muscles are pretty strong. those workouts/classes are no joke!

Kant- hope that A bounced back after the playdate, and takes a good nap today!

zorbs- yeah, my nose doesn't run too much, which is good!

moxie- we always opt for the king size bed in the hotel- it's pretty much like you're sleeping alone, haha. enjoy the quiet day at home, stay warm! lol on the party- that's really sweet! ha, I need to trim R's hair again too- it's getting crazy.

spike- have a good run with R. how cold is it there? wow, sounds like he's enjoying sleeping in. mmm, I love me some risotto! enjoy your day off with DH- that sounds awesome. if I lived close I'd just come train you at your house!

Nola- hope you're doing well!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08