Womens Running

POTLUCK FRIDAY DIVAS! (Read 232 times)

LucyBelle

Checking in late, but better late than never, eh? 

RR (ER?): ST last night, bis, tris, and chest. 45 minutes yoga this morning, but that was more meditative and stretching than a workout. I may run tonight depending on how I feel.

NRR: Just eager to get through the work day and start the weekend! Tomorrow we are headed up to VT to our wedding venue to do a tasting and pick out our menu! Then we're staying overnight at the inn - we booked a king room with a gas fireplace and double jacuzzi tub. Wine, board games, fireplace...ahhhhh. Sunday we'll probably hang out in Manchester and do some shopping before we come home. Now...just a few hours of work to get through!!!

Cara: I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are! ((HUGS)) Hang in there lady! Smile (These moties suck.) 

taylorma1

Jewel-work potluck and office party sound like a lot of fun. Enjoy! The Hobbit was good, but I have realized that I can't do midnight screenings anymore. i was way too tired, so I feel like I couldn't fully appreciate the movie

Sassy-seemed like the conference was successful. Glad you didn't miss G too much. Have fun taking him to see Santa!

Gsd-enjoy the potluck tonight. Maybe try Marshall's or TJ maxx to see if they have lower prices on nike gear?

MA-glad the midwife appt went well and glad your run this morning went better

RLTW-hugs to you 

outwest-that's really cool about the coyote you saw

Nai-seems like there is always some excitement in the Nai household lol

monk-that's sad about DH's last day at work. Hope you can all go to the Christmas party tonight

cara-hugs to you lady. Hope you can get things figured out

athena-oohhh Bosu ball. Those things are fun. Enjoy your hike this weekend

RR: easy 3 after work today

NRR: 5k race tomorrow and then doing some Christmasy things with dBF probably. There is a German Christmas Market in the city that we might go to, or just walk around and see the lights and do some shopping.

athenaofamerica

After drooling over it some more and talking to DP, I think we're gonna get that treadmill! It's on closeout right now on Nordic Track's website and we're talking about setting up a home gym in the garage!! 

SO EXCITED! Big grin

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

outwestrunner

UGH oh man I am so swamped at work right now, it's not even funny, and I feel like I was pissy to a coworker about it, not attacking her, but venting, and I know it sounds so whiny, but it looks like I will have to work during Christmas week, which is not what I wanted to do. BOO

RunLikeTheWind23

Having a holiday celebration with my students today. I decided to do it a bit early as I wasn't sure what was going on with my surgery. Anyway, who would have thought that a cupcake, a candycane, a glass of apple raspberry blackberry juice and a handful of pretzels would make middle school kids so happy!? Big grin

LucyBelle

Having a holiday celebration with my students today. I decided to do it a bit early as I wasn't sure what was going on with my surgery. Anyway, who would have thought that a cupcake, a candycane, a glass of apple raspberry blackberry juice and a handful of pretzels would make middle school kids so happy!? Big grin

Well, I don't know, that would make me pretty happy!

Athena: I so wish we had the space/funding to set up a home gym!

SassySparky

I'm glad DIVAs started getting the Card!  Those are the Heba pics!  I wish I could post them online but they are protected.

Cara- I'm glad you are starting to get some answers; let's keep our fingers crossed for a more definitive and treatable diagnosis.

Is anyone seeing the news of this school shooting in CT?  I am in utter disbelief right now - an Elementary School?

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

LucyBelle

Sassy: Yes, I have been hearing about that! It is AWFUL! But I haven't been able to find anywhere WHO the shooter was? Employee? Parent? Student? Random crazy person...? Ugh. Horrible.

RunLikeTheWind23

That school shooting is just horrible. I've been reading the updates all day. The latest is that 28 people are dead and an entire kindergarten class is unaccounted for. I can't imagine Sad

RunLikeTheWind23

Oh and I just read that they believe the shooter to be a 20 year old male with "ties" to the school...but they didn't state how he was tied to the school.

RunLikeTheWind23

MA runner girl

That's all I've heard too Michelle... 20 year old with ties to the school. The police found him dead.

SO SO Sad. Sad Since I work in CT they sent out an email about it a few hours ago. What is the world coming to!?

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Apparently his mom was a teacher at the school and he shot her and the kids in her class.

MA runner girl

So terrible Sad Hard to imagine anyone could hate thier mom enough to do that...

DH just told me that my inlaws house got broken into last night... the only thing stolen was my SIL's underwear. SERIOUSLY!? I can't imagine how she feels right now, that is so so so creepy! They have no idea who it was or anything so some creeper is still out there with her underwear. Gives me chills...

Again I say, what is the world coming to!!?!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

MArunner: WHAT!?!?!? That is SO creepy. OMG. Ew. Who would do that??? And why?? Ick.