Womens Running

Too Many Tuesdays (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Seems to be a theme here..

Zumba was humbling... I have no rhythm or style. Thank GOODNESS the class was held in a big gym without mirrors. At least I have some endurance.  Probably not the best thing for knee so kept all low impact and it's not too mad at me.  Was fun in it's own way though.

Off to the gym for lower body work this morning. Hard to get out the door since we got a "dusting" last night. I know, at least it's not November.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, LOL! I thought that just the other day about at least it's not November.

Monday I did 35 minutes running on the track.

Today we are supposed to get hit with very low temps so I’m going directly home and work out there.

I am so ready to get rid of all these very low temps this winter. I know it’s winter, but this 0° stuff is tiresome.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Federal government is closed so we are too. But I left my computer at the office and I have way too much to do, so heading in to pick it up. Hopefully in and out before the snow starts (they are saying 9 am).

ran 10 yesterday. Planning on a trainer ride today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning!

Sugarland, congrats on the race!

Lisa, LOL on Zumba.  There's a reason I run...not coordinated enough for much else.  : )  You have a good DD-nice signs!

Karen, it's so exciting you're going to Boston. I agree with Carol...you're so well trained, any plan will prob work.

Demaris, I hope you're feeling better!

I hope Tessa is OK.

Hi to Judy and all others who follow.

The weather here yesterday was great and I did an easy 4 mi hike with a friend at Red Top Mountain park.  Gym today for bike/elliptical. That  cold front is heading this way, too.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hip was a bit sore in Pilates so rest is best. Not running today.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Still sick but the asthma is doing better.  Maybe a run tonight if I continue feeling better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today; it's an SDO. I ran 7.1 yesterday and am planning on 8 tomorrow. The boys are out of school - it's the end of the quarter - so I'll have to figure out what to do to get my 20 minutes of exercise in. I might drag them out for a walk, or do 20 minutes of Just Dance on the Wii. Today will be my 149th consecutive day of at least 20 minutes - I'm keeping the streak alive!

Lisa - loved your DD's signs! I feel your pain with regards to Zumba. The one time I tried it, I spent the entire time laughing at myself.

Karen - I put the book you mentioned yesterday on my Kindle wish list. It's growing much faster than I could ever get the books read! BTW, if you like historical fiction, I just read Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel and really enjoyed it. It's the first in a trilogy about Thomas Cromwell, adviser the Henry VIII.

Camille - it was gorgeous yesterday here too. Not so much today - we might get snow, and lows in the teens overnight. I'm hoping school is not delayed or cancelled tomorrow.

Marjorie - sounds like rest is the right move.

Damaris - I hope you continue to feel better.

Off to get some work done - I'm slammed. I had planned to take the boys to a nearby museum this afternoon, but there's no way I can be gone that long, so they're on their own for entertainment. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hey!  I was out on work travel last week.  My laptop is refusing accept my password, so I have to wait until DC area is back up so I can call the HelpDesk.  Sad  Came home at lunch to get on my old pc.

Did a 10K Saturday.  !st in AG but my time was slower than I wanted.  about 1:30 slower than last year at that same race.  Sad

10 miles Sunday and did 4.2 mile hill workout on the bridge with my running buds early this morning.

Check on y'all later!

Anonymous Guest

Cindy, thanks for the book recommendation - I'm now sixth in line for the ebook at my library. Somebody else here likes historical fiction, Ginny maybe?

crazysue, congrats on 1st AG! And if you're waiting on DC, that may be quite a wait. Snow is really starting to come down now - if we do get the 6-12 inches predicted, government will probably be closed tomorrow as well.

Lisa, I'd be afraid to even try Zumba. I'm the picture of the Midwestern white girl with no rhythm.

Judy, I just ordered a warmer winter coat from Lands End. With my luck, once it gets here, temperatures will warm up and I won't need it. Just trying to do my part to get this winter over sooner for all of us!

Camille, yesterday here was awesome weather too. Hope you're just getting colder weather and not snow or freezing rain farther south.

Marjorie, rest is good.

Damaris, hope you're feeling good enough for a run.

So according to a local running website, based on races last year I am ranked 22 in my age group for the DC region. This for some reason makes my ridiculously happy. I realize that 22nd place in a 5 year age group in one area of the country is nothing spectacular, but last year my times weren't even fast enough to qualify for the list. I've actually been all happy and stuff every since I found out. I guess it doesn't take much for me....

Okay, back to work.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen-your comment about Zumba made me think of the Animal House quote about it being no way to go through life.  No clue why but it did. In my mind I am much more bendie than I am in real life.  Picture Elaine from Seinfeld.   #22?  I can't even register for a race that fast to earn that ranking.

Judy-I hear ya on the cold.  Enough already.

did my bike warm up then did lower body and abs workout on machines at gym then ran 1.5 miles and stretched.  Then got ready for work.

On way in I started to think about how I would love to have a Strong Women dinner... women who: Do the right health things and are no/low drama.  Then I tried to think of friends to invite to the dinner.  Sigh. You all aren't close enough but I did call my former running buddy from the paper and talk to her. She was flattered to be on the invite list.  could also be called the "no excuses" club.  Nike would likely sponsor us.  Just do it. so many of the women I know don't work out, eat poorly, find it tough to parent, and/or find/create drama in all of the wrong places.  THANK GOODNESS I am perfect. LOL Just needed to get that out there. Because I KNOW you all understand.

You do understand, right? Or am I just being a self-righteous bit...?

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa we understand, or at least I do!  If you wait until good weather I will come to your dinner!  Pretty sure I qualify.....Children are already raised and came out pretty well if I do say so myself, I exercise, try to eat right, but that might be debatable, definitely no drama, I try to avoid that at all costs!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Ginny-of course you'd be invited. All here make the list. LOL.

Just had a moment where someone commented on how I exercised too much/needed to lighten up and then there was drama in office. I was at a college career fair but one lady packed up her cubicle and brought all to her car without saying a word. She was waiting for someone to ask what was going on. She is moving desk/overheads around. I just laughed. Way to create drama where none actually exists.

Lisa